Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

A few hours in the shop and it will be fun be. I'm sure the crew got out easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Soviet Wonder Woman's tank; exterior is invisible.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Is it just a rule that these tiktok videos have to have terrible music playing in the background?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

if they hadn't thrown away that 40-mile convoy for Kiyv they'd be in Izyum in no time

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Zil posted:

Is it just a rule that these tiktok videos have to have terrible music playing in the background?

I'll take the music over that annoying AF voice that reads the subtitles for you.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I've played Tank Mechanic Simulator, I can fix this!

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Zil posted:

If you were the one who had filmed a bunch of tanks blowing up, what music would you put it to, if any?

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Chatter that a marine brigade linked up with Azov inside Mariupol. The longer the forces in Mariupol can last out the higher chance the seige will be broken.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lipschz/status/1513879696840302595

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
3D printed some stuff for a diorama. Too bad I really hate painting with a brush but that's the next step.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Lucky Guy posted:

If you were the one who had filmed a bunch of tanks blowing up, what music would you put it to, if any?

I would just not put it to music, but thats just me.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Zil posted:

Same. It is really rare that music does anything more than cause me to mute

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

mobby_6kl posted:

3D printed some stuff for a diorama. Too bad I really hate painting with a brush but that's the next step.

That is a lovely NFT you have going on there

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Zil posted:

you're a terrible propagandist!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Lucky Guy posted:

you're a terrible propagandist!

I know. :negative:

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

That is a lovely NFT you have going on there

Putin: All my tanks gone

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

KitConstantine posted:

Putin: All my tanks gone

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Chatter that a marine brigade linked up with Azov inside Mariupol. The longer the forces in Mariupol can last out the higher chance the seige will be broken.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lipschz/status/1513879696840302595

Is that a brigade from outside the city, or part of the group west of the beach that hooked up with the steel factory group after they got split?

The 36th Marines were already in Mariupol.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
total lack of hardbass in all these videos is shameful

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
oh poo poo

*image: that tank sunk in the water*

caption: so long and tanks for all the fish

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You know even for the poo poo they’ve blown up you could probably finance a large part of the budget by putting parts up for sale on eBay. Not even controlled export stuff, just chunks or captured gear.

Obviously there are far far more important things and I say this mostly in jest.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I feel like such a wimp when I backed down on T-series opinions because someone said "what about the fire suppression, tho?"

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/1513943691555188737?s=20&t=UYjHdxf8f3r7xiUgL9IUiw

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:stare: Is there a way a tank could be hit so that the ammo would atomize before igniting? because that thing looks like it was turned into a fuel-air bomb :stare:

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Deteriorata posted:

Is that a brigade from outside the city, or part of the group west of the beach that hooked up with the steel factory group after they got split?

The 36th Marines were already in Mariupol.

Yes the 36th already inside. I guess if they can bring supplies to Azov then they can keep fighting. Don't know if they have the required supplies or these reinforcements will make a difference.

Sounded positive from their perspective.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
First thing I thought of

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's going to be strange in another decade or so when the only russian tanks left will exist in War Thunder. Maybe an enthusiast can piece together most of one by hunting through various scrap / salvage yards.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Yes the 36th already inside. I guess if they can bring supplies to Azov then they can keep fighting. Don't know if they have the required supplies or these reinforcements will make a difference.

Sounded positive from their perspective.

I think it's the other way around. There were messages earlier from the 36th of being isolated and out of ammunition and food. Azov may have a secret stash they shared with them to get them back on their feet.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Oh no, not Dick Miller!

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

First thing I thought of

:five:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

First thing I thought of

lol

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Deteriorata posted:

I think it's the other way around. There were messages earlier from the 36th of being isolated and out of ammunition and food. Azov may have a secret stash they shared with them to get them back on their feet.

You're right. A lot of this is happening so fast right now so who knows what is situation right now, though.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Also something for the thread, a true Orky tank (in the 40k sense), the M2 medium tank:

It has one cannon, a 37mm that carries up to 200 rounds in a combat load, which isn't special for the time, but it also came armed with NINE machine guns carrying an ideal combat load of 12,000 rounds: 2 machine guns are mounted on the front-lower glacis plate, two on the front corners (sponsons), two in the rear corners, two on top of the turret outside the tank, and one mounted coaxially next to the cannon. It had 6 crew: one commander, one driver, and four gunners.

This was because some big thinkers at the time assumed that the machine gun would be the most important armament on a tank. Granted, they weren't alone- most nations mounted at least two to three and sometimes more machine guns in their tanks (usually one coax, one bow gun, one outer turret), but the USA took it to extremes with their pre-war/early-war designs. Other nations don't get off so easy though, to be fair, considering how many of them were testing things like multi-turret tanks and super-heavy tanks, but the M2 just has such the vibe of a bunch of dads meeting on the weekends with each other to build a tank.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Looks like the finger of god zapped it. What does this? A pion or a 500# bomb?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

Also something for the thread, a true Orky tank (in the 40k sense), the M2 medium tank:

It has one cannon, a 37mm that carries up to 200 rounds in a combat load, which isn't special for the time, but it also came armed with NINE machine guns carrying an ideal combat load of 12,000 rounds: 2 machine guns are mounted on the front-lower glacis plate, two on the front corners (sponsons), two in the rear corners, two on top of the turret outside the tank, and one mounted coaxially next to the cannon. It had 6 crew: one commander, one driver, and four gunners.
:catstare: thats so many guns

Im picturing it spinning like a top just wildly firing bullets

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
We've seen the first one in the early days, here's an update

https://twitter.com/MENAConflicted/status/1513966126396497931

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit

Taerkar posted:

I played my summer car. I'm all for flipping it the bird while peeing

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

KitConstantine posted:

:catstare: thats so many guns

Im picturing it spinning like a top just wildly firing bullets

This is how I used it in war thunder. Bathe light tanks in 50 cal bullets.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Taerkar posted:

That game sounds like it was made for me but I'm scared to buy it because I'm afraid it will take up all of my free time, which is spent online posting about tanks.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Lucky Guy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gtR6iQAPGQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Lucky Guy posted:

Honestly? Probably something like Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball". Something somber and beautiful to honor the scenes; plus the whole "wrecking ball" thing (for obvious reasons).