Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Waffleopolis posted:

https://twitter.com/coL_Amazonian/status/1513900688660701191?t=1uLnOTxBYODFnTiKMk7sag&s=19

So how long until this gets banned and in how many formats? This makes Revel in Riches easy to pull off.

Nice, they reprinted wilderness rec. love that card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

meanolmrcloud posted:

Nice, they reprinted wilderness rec. love that card.

Things that Smugglers Stash does:
Banks mana across phases/turns
Makes artifact tokens

Things that Smugglers Stash doesn't do:
Double your mana
Stack

At 4 mana it'd probably see play somewhere, at 5 I'm not sure, and at 6 it's pretty doubtful that it will be played in competitive constructed.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aven, cephalids…it’s Otaria under New Capenna isn’t it.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Why is this a druid?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

neaden posted:

Why is this a druid?

There was a type mixup and we’re about to see a green common called like “Elvish Topiarist” that’s typed as a Human Warrior.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

gavin's spoiler card

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
That's it, I'm calling myself a druid.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
I am the Druid of Posting. My Posting waxes and wanes with the seasons. That is to say, I make exactly one good post a year. Look out for it!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

"Kitt Kanto"

didn't know George Lucas joined magic r&d

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Dack Fayden

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

kalel posted:

"Kitt Kanto"

didn't know George Lucas joined magic r&d

Well you see, she's a leonin, so Kitt could is clearly a cute diminutive nickname for a cat starlet, and Kanto is clearly a homonym for canto or song in latin, furthermore....
:goonsay:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

actually I would like to walk back that snark just a tad, because singing your assassins to shreds is pretty metal

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is pretty good for a common

https://twitter.com/dadvintage/status/1513957211336331267?s=20&t=UYX3izJbFDXn8BF5izc7Wg

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The squirrel but for pioneer

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Mayhem Pridemate

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Strong Sauce posted:

gavin's spoiler card

Nice, it's art from the same person who did the Faithless Looting Mystical Archive in Strixhaven.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

if creature tokens get exiled at EOT.. does that trigger creature sac triggers? or does it just go straight to the exile zone and goes away?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/Bloody/status/1513955289007075339

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Strong Sauce posted:

if creature tokens get exiled at EOT.. does that trigger creature sac triggers? or does it just go straight to the exile zone and goes away?

sacrificing triggers only go off if there's an effect that explicitly says sacrifice; exiling or dying another way (even as a result of your own effects) doesn't count as sacrificing

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

drat thats sick.

Any token is fun text.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Strong Sauce posted:

No, exiling and sacrificing are different things, regardless of if its a token or not. Some tokens get sacrificed eot (like the one from Kiki Jiki saga), so keep that in mind.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
What's with all the druids

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

:eyepop:

That's a pretty dang good beater

Edit: no flying though and an extra mana so it's not quite a mantis rider

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

What's with all the druids

Naya family are druids.

Is it just me or do the spoiled cards so far appear to have a lower words-per-card average than the last few sets? There's some walls of text sure but it seems like I'm seeing more flavor text than I have in a while.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Oops we made the party mechanic

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Giving your lands "tap: make cat" is going to be a fun thing to attempt to do seven times in limited and succeed maybe once

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Thank the magic gods for a break from double-sided cards.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
so how good are these 5 MV in the graveyard cards in limited? Seems like it'd be tough to get to without a huge payoff

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Siege Mambo

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Elan Sleazebagano would fit right in New Capenna.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

New Capenna game day promos look dope

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Kashuno posted:

so how good are these 5 MV in the graveyard cards in limited? Seems like it'd be tough to get to without a huge payoff

Connive (WUB mechanic) and Casualty (UBR mechanic) both put stuff in the graveyard, and there's some selfmill enablers too. Delirium (4 different card types in graveyard) in Shadows over Innistrad was definitely doable so we'll have to see what other tools there are. The complicated part might be seeding your deck with enough different MVs, 0 is free (land) but 1 and the upper end will be the hardest part.

Yeah this is sort of a non-answer but we've only seen like two dozen commons aside from lands so far.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Tainted Indulgence seems like one of the most important cards of the set so far.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Was this angel ever posted?

Having a /3 butt probably kills the card, but cool design.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Once again based on the story I'm confused at what these angels are doing as cards when they are supposed to be a bunch of statues.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Tainted Indulgence seems like one of the most important cards of the set so far.

It seems real good! Like wouldnt draw two discard one be playable even without being able to avoid it at that cost?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Devor posted:

Mayhem Pridemate

TotalHell posted:

Siege Mambo

:hmmyes:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

neaden posted:

Once again based on the story I'm confused at what these angels are doing as cards when they are supposed to be a bunch of statues.

There's a whole second story they didn't tell and you can see all these artifacts of story and world elements they cut from it.
Like you notice all those animals with the Caberetti cards? Somewhere in design they had a thing for menageries. They were even proud of one card with bunch of teacup animals on it.
A series of angels that aren't artifacts look to be apart of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This card is insane. An ETB creature tutor at uncommon? This is like, deck defining in limited.

Gonna be silly as a commander too. Basically lets you stick whatever you want in the command zone even if it's not legendary.