Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

seiferguy posted:

Russell Wilson's house is up for sale if you wanna see what 36 million dollars'll get you for a house on Lake Washington:

https://carmengayton.withwre.com/listing/WA/Bellevue/905-Shoreland-Drive-SE-98004/153330292

That looks like dog poo poo and they're asking $30 million more than what it was last sold for. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Rich people loving love the color white.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SKULL.GIF posted:

That looks like dog poo poo and they're asking $30 million more than what it was last sold for. Lol

It looks like any other bland mansion I think. The article I pulled it from mentioned he has a house in San Diego too (where he has his own football field and does off-season workouts).

Given the housing market in Seattle and Bellevue I wouldn't be surprised if it sells for that much though!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AP_NFL/status/1513998816176918537

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

if congress gets this figured out before they pass a new COVID funding bill I will maniacally laugh like the Joker after Batman threw him off the building at the end of The Dark Knight.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

It's like they were genetically engineered to have the most punchable face possible.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

seiferguy posted:

It looks like any other bland mansion I think. The article I pulled it from mentioned he has a house in San Diego too (where he has his own football field and does off-season workouts).

Given the housing market in Seattle and Bellevue I wouldn't be surprised if it sells for that much though!

It's super bland and boring, but a double parcel along Lake Washington in an alcove away from the bridges, that price is actually not too out of whack. There are 3.5k sq ft places on small lots near Factoria that have been selling for about $2.75m regularly for the last year. This is worth $30m minimum.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

cursed image

I swear the girl on the right is such an edgelord with her Mormon cut up jeans

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Look if you can't draft someone that's worth their fifth year option you trade for them, they're getting better at this!

The Seahawks are, as always, just freaking weird. They should never have been as good as they were, they should be way worse than they are now, but they just keep doing their thing. I mean they probably (surely this time right?) will be awful next year but I'm working with what we've seen so far.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Blinding

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Glad you racists like making fun of noted PoC Zach Wilson.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Not sold on the Seahawks tight end, Noah Fants

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

sweet thursday posted:

Not sold on the Seahawks tight end, Noah Fants

Can he block?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Cat Hassler posted:

Can he block?

If he could they would have skipped the option and just thrown $10m a year to him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

The all black office and basement is particularly ugly in my opinion. Soulless

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

Glad you racists like making fun of noted PoC Zach Wilson.

Our Polynesian king

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

If he really used Goodell's name to hide money from the NFL I'm going to count that as a rare win for ol' Dan

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I wish Adam McKay had made one more dumb comedy about what a credulous goober Goodell is, before he became convinced he had Very Important Things To Say

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Grittybeard posted:

Look if you can't draft someone that's worth their fifth year option you trade for them, they're getting better at this!

The Seahawks are, as always, just freaking weird. They should never have been as good as they were, they should be way worse than they are now, but they just keep doing their thing. I mean they probably (surely this time right?) will be awful next year but I'm working with what we've seen so far.

No worries friend, they will be far worse next this upcoming season than they have been in a decade.

There was a pretty significant trade don’t cha know.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

No worries friend, they will be far worse next this upcoming season than they have been in a decade.

Yeah feels like some important reason why they kept winning is gone, not sure what though :v:

That being said, the Russ/Pete era felt kind of stale. Wish they would have hired a new coach but it'll at least be interesting to see them try a rebuild.

The Fant thing doesn't feel that weird in isolation, but when stacked with that bizarre Dissly contract it's a lot of money to TEs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I mean yeah, obviously. Also suspect defense, what sound like terrible ideas about how to build a team, etc. Just saying it hasn't happened yet and they actively tried to sabotage their offensive line for their best years so... As it turns out I guess they did mostly get out at the right time on most of the legion of boom, but a ton of that looked bad at the time.

I think I'm just waiting for them to be actually abjectly terrible like they should be before I'm assuming anything here.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they should rebuild the Kingdome exactly as it was before it was demolished and force the Seahawks to move back into it to match their current state

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Grittybeard posted:

I mean yeah, obviously. Also suspect defense, what sound like terrible ideas about how to build a team, etc. Just saying it hasn't happened yet and they actively tried to sabotage their offensive line for their best years so... As it turns out I guess they did mostly get out at the right time on most of the legion of boom, but a ton of that looked bad at the time.

I think I'm just waiting for them to be actually abjectly terrible like they should be before I'm assuming anything here.

Yeah, they've always operated either under a plan to rebuild a terrible team or a plan to extend their team's window. The downswing is a new one for them. Say what you will about Pete's dinosaur strategies, he undeniably can motivate people to play hard. As annoying as the last several years have been it's hard for me to feel too sour - he coached the team to its only ring, after all.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah feels like some important reason why they kept winning is gone, not sure what though :v:

That being said, the Russ/Pete era felt kind of stale. Wish they would have hired a new coach but it'll at least be interesting to see them try a rebuild.

The Fant thing doesn't feel that weird in isolation, but when stacked with that bizarre Dissly contract it's a lot of money to TEs.

The funny thing about Fant though is this is sight unseen. They have never coached Noah Fant, he's never practiced with them or played a single game with them. It still makes some sense, he was part of that big trade so obviously they like him, but I still find that amusing.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah, they've always operated either under a plan to rebuild a terrible team or a plan to extend their team's window. The downswing is a new one for them. Say what you will about Pete's dinosaur strategies, he undeniably can motivate people to play hard. As annoying as the last several years have been it's hard for me to feel too sour - he coached the team to its only ring, after all.

Outside of the obvious glaring issues with offensive philosophy and protecting the QB I think the Seahawks have outplayed their talent for years now which is a credit to Carroll. Russell Wilson Bullshit got top billing but it was really a whole team effect where a guy would make an outstanding play that was just enough to get them a win, or the other team would inexplicably collapse like Green Bay in the NFC championship. If you keep getting lucky then it’s not luck anymore, it’s a skill, and Carroll deserves credit for that. I think he’s past it now but trying to paint all of their success as a product of Wilson is revisionist.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

Why do so many seattle fans keep saying "at least be interesting"

lovely teams aren't interesting

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Outside of the obvious glaring issues with offensive philosophy and protecting the QB I think the Seahawks have outplayed their talent for years now which is a credit to Carroll. Russell Wilson Bullshit got top billing but it was really a whole team effect where a guy would make an outstanding play that was just enough to get them a win, or the other team would inexplicably collapse like Green Bay in the NFC championship. If you keep getting lucky then it’s not luck anymore, it’s a skill, and Carroll deserves credit for that. I think he’s past it now but trying to paint all of their success as a product of Wilson is revisionist.

I mean, it's not literally 100% Wilson, but it's clearly like 90%+ Wilson.

Your analysis is attributing variance to skillful coaching. The main reason they win close games is because a HoF QB actually gets to throw on the last drive of the game.

e: Carroll does seem legitimately good at getting the most out of corners. Or at least identifying corners with upside. Considering how many of his CBs have been late round picks or budget FA's, they've done alright all things considered.

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 13, 2022

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

boop the snoot posted:

if congress gets this figured out before they pass a new COVID funding bill I will maniacally laugh like the Joker after Batman threw him off the building at the end of The Dark Knight.

Why are we surprised the American government is destabilizing the DC football team immediately after they become the Commies?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I mean, it's not literally 100% Wilson, but it's clearly like 90%+ Wilson.

Your analysis is attributing variance to skillful coaching. The main reason they win close games is because a HoF QB actually gets to throw on the last drive of the game.

The Seahawks had the top scoring defense in the league Wilson’s first four years and were number 3 his fifth year. It’s absolutely insane to suggest that he carried the team 90% of the time he was there. He’s rarely had to cover for truly awful defenses like, say, Brees did.

To put it another way, Matt Stafford and Derek Carr and Russell Wilson average about the same number game winning drives and 4th quarter comebacks per season but only one of them has made the playoffs nearly every year of his career. Turns out playing on a bad team with lovely coaches means individual heroics don’t count go as far.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 13, 2022

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Sure they are. The chargers are always interesting and entertaining

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

CharlestheHammer posted:

Just ask Brian Flores!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao

https://twitter.com/pardonmytake/status/1514059137478545417?s=21&t=erFMMOyqWrbjbKMlyDNWnQ

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Detroit needs to draft this kid stat

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Strong Peyton Manning on SNL vibes.
https://tenor.com/view/nfl-peytonmanning-snl-gif-4763746

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Lol showboating after a pick. Chicago owes that kid a parade.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

shirts and skins posted:

Even next year when both their cap numbers go up the Seahawks are still spending half the amount on tight ends that the Patriots are and look how successful they are

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Anything else going on with the Commies that we might want a comment on, Ian? Anything at all?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1514246896889610249

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Schefter is a robot but Ian is literally state media.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Hot Diggity! posted:

From the article:

Basically the same thing that happened with Favre. Miami / Tampa could wait out until he became a free agent or Tampa could get something out of it.

Sean Payton is also under contract with the Saints through 2024 so I'm not sure how that side would have worked exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1514249450537029633