Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Bruceski posted:

48 options with on/off, I need to think of a good 6-letter word.

Lali ho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

Well the MSQ dungeon's final boss has a fun mechanic.

The name of the boss itself is a top tier dad pun

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I like it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

You're gonna have to explain that one to me

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

You're gonna have to explain that one to me

It's looming! :haw:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

:hmmyes:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TheWorldsaStage posted:

two of its attacks are also top-tier dad puns: power serge and crewel slice

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just did some "Final Boss EX" blind runs.

Jesus christ, the "remember the order of previous mechanics!" circles are just mean. Specially since you might think at first glance it means "oh, it goes back to the X ordinal mechanic" but nope, they're actually how many mechanics back it goes so 3 circles means first mechanic, gently caress you.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I just tried the Porta MSQR and I gotta say, it's kinda cool. Lots of storytelling done through mechanism alone. I think it will be pretty boring on repeat but gotta say it's still a vast improvement. Can't wait to try out Prae as well.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Vitamean posted:

let's see those plates people

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
There are some insanely horny adventurer plates. Also impressively so

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Also seen in the wild:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i am the tomestone

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

CJ posted:

The profile thing for PvP is fun to get a silly picture. One thing i noticed is that if your face isn't in the centre of the screen it won't let you save it which can be annoying at times but is probably necessary to prevent people setting it to upskirts or something.

You might not be trying hard enough

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

So I tried out CC, got my rear end kicked constantly as Gunbreaker. Switched to Paladin and started rolling, Paladin's awesome.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
And here's the new Lahabrea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMcHqx7D_Zc

Why is he not a wimp anymore? :argh:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

hello boys (and ladies and theydies)

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Cool thing about the new living dead: the self heal is per hit, not per ability, so you can top yourself off in one GCD
Not cool thing about the new living dead: the self heal doesn't carry over into Undead Rebirth after you fully heal yourself.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Gnossiennes posted:

hello boys (and ladies and theydies)

That’s real strong (am Franq)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Chillgamesh posted:

So I tried out CC, got my rear end kicked constantly as Gunbreaker. Switched to Paladin and started rolling, Paladin's awesome.

Oh my god yeah it is. I had a match as Machinist where there was a Paladin that just basically acted like my personal bodyguard the entire match. Multiple clutch Covers, etc.

That was also the match I sniped an enemy Sage mid Pneuma cast. :iia:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Given my bard's got silence, bind, and generic party buffs as their main thing, it can be tough to tell if I'm actually being useful in CC or just a mild annoyance. I like to imagine someone's screaming on the other end of the computer as they stop moving while trying to run, though.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I promise you they are, that person was me.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Did revamped Prae for the first time tonight, and it's got a pretty good raft of changes:
  • The first teleporter cannot be speedran past. You have to clear out the (much smaller) pack of enemies hanging around.
  • The big long run to the second teleporter is almost completely excised. There's the initial trash pack, and then a portion of the wall blows up, which leads to several packs that can be rounded up, which then leads to a teleporter that plants you directly in front of the first boss door.
  • Dialogue speed is significantly faster, probably on the order of at least, like, 40-50%.
  • They finally fixed the bizarre thing where the Colossus comes in behind you in the cutscene and is then just chilling in front of you in the boss room. He's a bit smaller now and Gaius brings him up on the elevator.
  • The Colossus itself has actual mechanics. Pretty simple stuff - gradually propagating AoEs, spread markers - but it's nice to see.
  • The Magitek Armor section has been completely revamped. The elevator takes you down to the armory, where you board the Armor and then proceed through a shortened version of the sequence with fewer enemies and only the final door you have to blast through.
  • The WoL actually pauses for a bit and looks mournfully at the destroyed Armor, which is a nice touch.
  • Nero's also got new mechanics, introducing stack markers and AoE knockback telegraphs, which I think is the first (maybe second? haven't checked Meridianum) instance.
  • Gaius' speech is, thankfully, completely intact, and he's an actual, legit boss now. Healing requirements are surprisingly high - there's a lot of unavoidable AoE damage flying around, and several line and propagating AoEs that can just blast somebody - and he has a cool final phase where you have to kill some adds before he charges up his LB.
Whole thing takes about 30 minutes now and feels far more like the culmination of your grand adventure rather than an extremely stupid cutscene hell. Very glad they finally put the time and effort into fixing it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Vermain posted:

Did revamped Prae for the first time tonight, and it's got a pretty good raft of changes:

Livia looks to have gotten a pretty nice touch-up as well (though I think her Magitek phase was removed entirely).

I also posted Rhitahtyn and Lahabrea's fights earlier in the thread, with both characters getting much more dignity.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Livia looks to have gotten a pretty nice touch-up as well (though I think her Magitek phase was removed entirely).

I also posted Rhitahtyn and Lahabrea's fights earlier in the thread, with both characters getting much more dignity.

It was, Castrum as a whole just feels so much better now.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh my god yeah it is. I had a match as Machinist where there was a Paladin that just basically acted like my personal bodyguard the entire match. Multiple clutch Covers, etc.

That was also the match I sniped an enemy Sage mid Pneuma cast. :iia:

Yeah, not only does Guardian absolutely rule (teleport to a teammate and take all damage they would take), the Confiteor debuff (Sacred Claim) seems to heal any player that attacks a target you tag with it, and it's AoE and range 25y. Your gap closer is a stun, and you get Shield Bash to stun with too. I honestly have never felt more like I'm actually tanking lmao

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

When the healer dies with the boss at 50%, why does the tank always try to solo the boss to death over 20 minutes?

Also yes, in the new dungeon, always blame y'shtola

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

A Moose posted:

When the healer dies with the boss at 50%, why does the tank always try to solo the boss to death over 20 minutes?

cuz it's fun, and you can

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Do I need to use the garo armor AND the title or just the title once I've earned it to get the mount?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Consummate Professional posted:

Do I need to use the garo armor AND the title or just the title once I've earned it to get the mount?
Just have the title on. You don't even have to be on the same job.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Vermain posted:

The roulette gave me the Ultima Trial (Port Decumana?) and contains both the pre ultima cast and post ultima cast bosses, with the cutscene intact. It's revamped significantly mechanics wise, with decent healing requirements. There's no invul phase at the start while you wait for the blessing, instead he'll start casting a room wide spell which gets interrupted by Hydaelyn. the first one, everyone gets locked into Titan Granite Gaols Magitek bits are no longer targetable adds, but instead line up and split the room kind of like the ones in the last boss of Dalredia. There's a fun little mechanic where you collapse in to avoid proximity attacks, then need to run out to avoid a beam attack. (Which the BLM in my group failed many times.)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

A Moose posted:

because I'm better than you and I can

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

It feels like, whenever that happens to me on tank, the boss is at like 20%: low enough that I could plausibly get the kill if my execution is right on, but not so low that it's a sure thing, and just high enough that I worry I'm wasting everyone's time by not wiping. I usually give it a shot, though. If there's one thing that embodies "class fantasy" for tanks, IMHO, it's powering through and getting the kill solo.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
sometimes on CC you can't even approach the fight without insta death, yet others you are the ones destroying everything no real inbetween

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Twibbit posted:

sometimes on CC you can't even approach the fight without insta death, yet others you are the ones destroying everything no real inbetween

Like in most other competitive multiplayer titles with staggered respawns, the easiest way to lose a round is for people to run back without looking at the minimap and then getting ground to hamburger because they're the only one in range and 5 people are just blasting them instantly. Use the Retreat quickchat judiciously.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Vitamean posted:

let's see those plates people

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Wow GNB really feels kind awful in PVP. I see the other tanks do crazy poo poo like DRK never loving dies ever, WAR somehow has better self heals than healers then kills your entire team with LB and GNB just..does nothing? Do no damage and mitigate no damage compared to the other tanks. Can't lock anyone down and chasing people on low hp is a bad idea because they just get insta healed to full and now you're out of position.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Honestly I haven’t been able to make DRK do much for me in PvP. It feels kinda eh.

I swapped to Summoner and Red Mage for CC and haven’t looked back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Has anyone read any of the notes in the Dead Ends? I've googled for 10 or so minutes and found nothing. I just look at them as my party goes running by, there's probably some cool lore in there...