Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

achillesforever6 posted:

Latest Deadlocked was great with that recap of the Angle in the tanning booth episode of TNA

Yeah that was a great episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

y'all gettin worked by alvarez, jeez

(e: tbf, i felt like it didn't really come across well for me until i watched video clips and saw him smiling through half of the poo poo he throws out)

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Really, the draw for me on WOR and B&V this week is just how much Bryan loved Yuta vs. Mox, which is nearly as much as he hates Yuta's tights.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

They are very bad tights

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
He has Max Moon tights.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I love his tron-rear end tights.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i mean this with all due respect this is one of the dumbest guys in like the history of man

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AM I WRONG HERE???? is my favorite Alvarez catchphrase, because he's usually wrong

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I love his tron-rear end tights.

I love them too, but they won't be a good fit for the BCC

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

i mean this with all due respect this is one of the dumbest guys in like the history of man

Don’t sign your posts

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Don’t sign your posts

you're right it was rotten of me to forge your signature there

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yuta’s tights would be fine if he wore black footwear instead of it looking like he’s just thrown on some random rear end pair of ratty old white running shoes he found on his way to the ring.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Penguin Patrol posted:

AM I WRONG HERE???? is my favorite Alvarez catchphrase, because he's usually wrong

Especially when he says it and his co-host (usually Vinny) immediately responds,"YES!"

Anyway, loved him just going off on Braun Strowman on WOL as well as Figure Four with Lance today for believing MRT's invoice :laugh:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

it's amazing how far that fake invoice went

it's pretty much single handedly fueling the arguments of the entire dipshit squad on the internet

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Penguin Patrol posted:

My favorite is "God bless the guy" and we got a good one today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y40U_bBUIX8&t=687s

Won't spoil an incredible Bryan flub here.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Invoice is up there with Bret Hart's Springfield house imo.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
god bless the guy, BUT AM I WRONG HERE? jiminy christmas. so they're havin' this match, and...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm sure he's the nicest guy in the world

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

god bless the guy, BUT AM I WRONG HERE? jiminy christmas. so they're havin' this match, and...

AM I THE ONLY ONE?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The 20 straight minutes of Braun burial on WOL today was excellent

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

mooseinfants posted:

The 20 straight minutes of Braun burial on WOL today was excellent

YouTube chat: smarter than Adam Sherr.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

captain robotnik

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
sonic hedgehog

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bryan is really funny, even on purpose once in a while.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You can't hate on Daddy Grandpa, it's true.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bryan Alvarez might be wrestling media's Alan Partridge.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i always like when there's continuity in the alvarez extended universe, like now when he's progressing his feud with dogs across all podcasts

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

i always like when there's continuity in the alvarez extended universe, like now when he's progressing his feud with dogs across all podcasts

my favorite part of this was on last week's thursday show where he demanded to see the stupid dog that was keeping vinny from being there

and then immediately was reduced to "alright, well you're pretty cute" when the dog was actually on camera

only capable of hating dogs in the abstract

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
intercontinental forearm

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dave's point about this being like the 5th or 6th Tall Indian Wrestler (I believe he missed out that one lady from NXT who was like 6'4) that the various bigger promotions have tried to get their foot into that market in the last decade and change was interesting: Like, why not just find someone who either can work, or at least has an athletic build and background that lends itself to picking up wrestling? Like are there no Indian freestyle wrestlers that WWE or AEW could give a deal to learn to work pro?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

most tall people are uncoordinated. i don't just mean 7ft but anyone over like 6'4". the ones that aren't will make a shitload more money outside of wrestling. the leftovers are willing to try wrestling and then anyone outside of that who likes wrestling or something is just an extraordinarily rare thing

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Gaz-L posted:

Dave's point about this being like the 5th or 6th Tall Indian Wrestler (I believe he missed out that one lady from NXT who was like 6'4) that the various bigger promotions have tried to get their foot into that market in the last decade and change was interesting: Like, why not just find someone who either can work, or at least has an athletic build and background that lends itself to picking up wrestling? Like are there no Indian freestyle wrestlers that WWE or AEW could give a deal to learn to work pro?

i imagine it's easier to get your foot in the door with a new market with a guy that's a special attraction, rather than just saying "here's a good wrestler." one of those makes an immediate and impressive visual impact that's easy hook people with. khali probably paved the way for guys like veer and jinder in wwe so maybe there's a hope that satnam does the same

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I don't know I think the Indian Kenny Omega might be the better option for consistent tv time

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ivypls posted:

i imagine it's easier to get your foot in the door with a new market with a guy that's a special attraction, rather than just saying "here's a good wrestler." one of those makes an immediate and impressive visual impact that's easy hook people with. khali probably paved the way for guys like veer and jinder in wwe so maybe there's a hope that satnam does the same

Which, sure, the first time I get why you try it. But the 5th time it fails, surely you go 'oh hey maybe this doesn't work'.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Tony or someone should hire/rescue Akki from Gatoh Move. Spending all that time with Mei Suruga can't be good for his mental health

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I want the Indian Buff Bagwell

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Bryan is on loving fire today

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Bryan: "... if they brought in someone like say Braun Strowman, I'm not advocating for--"

Dave: "UUUUUUGGGGHHHHHH!!!"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
To be fair to Dave that is the correct response to Braun's name coming up in literally any context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Drakkel posted:

To be fair to Dave that is the correct response to Braun's name coming up in literally any context

No doubt, but really funny that it was Braun Burial Week on WOR.