Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Casimir Radon posted:

Disney+ recently gave you the option to lock profiles to more kid friendly shows. What that’s going to mean going forward is anyone’s guess.

probably has to do with that blood-less version of Falcon and the Winter Soldier that briefly went up on the main feed for the series. Blood-less version for the kids section, full version for the adults side. That's my educated guess (I've also been rewatching Daredevil and that's fully intact. Every second of Fisk crushing that dudes head in with a car door until it turns into soup in the reverse shot with all the goop falling to the ground is intact).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
MIB standalone 4K Steelbook announced. Buncha great summer hits this summer.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Boywhiz88 posted:

MIB standalone 4K Steelbook announced. Buncha great summer hits this summer.

It's gonna be a real HIT!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

CPL593H posted:

It's gonna be a real HIT!

It’s one of the few Will Smith movies that really slaps.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
I'm pissed I didn't get Robocop 4k. How is the LE contents?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

aperfectcirclefan posted:

Mine just came in a few minutes ago and I haven't even opened it yet, but judging by a quick glance of the back of the package, there's a lot :eyepop:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Looks like it’s still available from most retailers (Diabolik, Deep Discount, Target). Get it now though, the LE’s sell fast.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Hoping to get it tomorrow :D

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Also, is Deep Discount a decent place to buy? I've been using Diabolik and Orbit DVD

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Also, is Deep Discount a decent place to buy? I've been using Diabolik and Orbit DVD
I’ve used them before and gotten good results. My Vestron Class of 1999 came without a slipcover for whatever reason, but it wasn’t the end of the world.

Well, I just bought the LE Robocop from Diabolik, and it looked lonely in my cart so I got Razorback too. No more new Blu-rays until at least June.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 13, 2022

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Tonight, I find the answer to the eternal question: What's tougher to watch, the 90 minutes of torturing jesus to death in Passion of the Christ, or Dana Carvey's 1990 feature debut Opportunity Knocks?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

They have a history of cancelling pre-orders for seemingly no reason. It’s not a common occurrence, but it’s something to be aware of. Every time I ordered something in stock however, I never had an issue.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

pwn posted:

Tonight, I find the answer to the eternal question: What's tougher to watch, the 90 minutes of torturing jesus to death in Passion of the Christ, or Dana Carvey's 1990 feature debut Opportunity Knocks?

I've never watched either. August is the 20th anniversary of Carvey irretrievably tossing his career in the toilet with Master of Disguise.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
The imdb trivia for Master of Disguise is loving wild and I encourage everyone to go read that.

Rocco
Mar 15, 2003

Hey man. You're number one. Put it. In. The Bucket.

Anytime I've ordered from them (a handful of times over the past decade) the thing I ordered would sit there for months without budging and I would eventually cancel it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CPL593H posted:

The imdb trivia for Master of Disguise is loving wild and I encourage everyone to go read that.

IMDb has some classics, and that for sure is one of them.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I just ordered Robocop from Deep Discount :rolldice:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

EL BROMANCE posted:

IMDb has some classics, and that for sure is one of them.

I'll say this about Master of Disguise - it's certainly memorable. More than can be said about a lot of movies.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1514260468629704713?t=3g-c9UF6peTBaNnvEKwbyw&s=19

Sorry

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gently caress you! :negative:

Dune 4k
Tremors 4k
Pitch Black 4k
Silent Running

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nothing I urgently need, besides which I said no new Blu-rays until June that I haven’t already ordered. How would it look if I broke that promise the next day?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

Nothing I urgently need, besides which I said no new Blu-rays until June that I haven’t already ordered. How would it look if I broke that promise the next day?

Who's going to know?

All I know is I'm about to be inundated with preorders over the next few months, and I still have a pile of movies I haven't watched that's bigger than usual

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Oof, gonna stay away :smith:

In any case, I really hate what they did to Arrow UK's site. Used to be super easy to separate out Blurays and UHDs and now it's a gigantic mess and you have to go through everything.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I actually picked up the Flash Gordon UHD yesterday, Best Buy had it for $17 so I came out ahead on that one.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

I actually picked up the Flash Gordon UHD yesterday, Best Buy had it for $17 so I came out ahead on that one.

It looks awesome.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Who's going to know?

All I know is I'm about to be inundated with preorders over the next few months, and I still have a pile of movies I haven't watched that's bigger than usual
I've got Heavy Metal 4K coming next week, The Batman 4K coming in May, Bridge on the River Kwai 4K and Lawrence of Arabia 4K coming in June. Plus Robocop 4K LE and Razorback coming from Diabolik. I need to cool it for a while.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
I’m still on the region-free vanilla Blu-ray slow coach - don’t want to buy a new TV. What’s new and interesting in genre cinema for us 1080p troglodytes?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Franchescanado posted:

It looks awesome.

Seconded. I hadn’t seen it since a Saturday afternoon on the Sci-Fi Channel and the production value alone is incredible.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hasturtium posted:

I’m still on the region-free vanilla Blu-ray slow coach - don’t want to buy a new TV. What’s new and interesting in genre cinema for us 1080p troglodytes?

My dude, have you heard the good word of Vinegar Syndrome yet?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Franchescanado posted:

It looks awesome.

Yea I just happened to walk by it on the shelf and made it an impulse buy because I remembered all the positive comments about it here. I'll be watching it tonight.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Iron Crowned posted:

My dude, have you heard the good word of Vinegar Syndrome yet?

Lord, yes. I don’t remember how many of their films I’ve got, but off the top of my head Uninvited, Petey Wheatstraw, and Disco Godfather are in my collection.

Edit: Also Tammy and the T-Rex, hallowed be its name.

Hasturtium fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 13, 2022

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Speaking of VinSyn, cannot wait for the Halfway to Black Friday pre-order to ship. Thriller and Miami Connection are already two I know I like, and Cloak and Dagger looks like a good, silly 80s kid's movie, plus we're getting two mystery titles.

I've said it so many times but I'll say it again, what a great time to be a genre film fan.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

King Vidiot posted:

Speaking of VinSyn, cannot wait for the Halfway to Black Friday pre-order to ship. Thriller and Miami Connection are already two I know I like, and Cloak and Dagger looks like a good, silly 80s kid's movie, plus we're getting two mystery titles.

I've said it so many times but I'll say it again, what a great time to be a genre film fan.

I honestly wish there were other boutiques that did the yearly/half yearly subs like VinSyn. Just let me give them all my money once a year and ship me a big box of new releases every month.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Iron Crowned posted:

I honestly wish there were other boutiques that did the yearly/half yearly subs like VinSyn. Just let me give them all my money once a year and ship me a big box of new releases every month.

When Criterion launched Eclipse they said they were thinking of offering a subscription to the line. That would’ve been neat

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

drat, that's better than the half off at Barnes and Noble. I shouldn't be buying more stuff right now but I grabbed Terra Formars and Zombie For Sale.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

I've never watched either. August is the 20th anniversary of Carvey irretrievably tossing his career in the toilet with Master of Disguise.

What a coincidence; August 30th will be the 18th anniversary of when I got Passion, I worked at a video store at the time and had a copy ordered on day 0 (the movies came in the day before street.) I finally watched it after nearly 18 years, which has to be the longest I've owned a title without watching it.

They were both poo poo btw

Iron Crowned posted:

Who's going to know?

As my ridiculous Indicator sale haul was making its way to me a few weeks ago, I decided to get serious and start watching. Been watching at least one film every day, almost entirely films I've not seen before. This week's specific theme is Films I've Owned for Years and Never Watched. Besides Passion (2004,) other notable titles that have been sitting around for a while are Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2013) and Blazing Saddles (2011.) Both were considerably more enjoyable than last night's shitshow.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I got my grandma really pissed at me by saying that Passion Plays were inherently anti-Semitic. Pretty sure this was well after Gibson’s DUI arrest.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I need shelves! Normally, I’d buy some Billy’s from ikea to match my other Billy’s but they’ve sold out for a while now. Anybody have good recs? I’m currently living in an apartment and probably can’t anchor anything to my wall so I need something with high capacity and stability.

I’ve seen some from Atlantic that look promising, like this and this if anyone has tried these before.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Liar Lyre posted:

I need shelves! Normally, I’d buy some Billy’s from ikea to match my other Billy’s but they’ve sold out for a while now. Anybody have good recs? I’m currently living in an apartment and probably can’t anchor anything to my wall so I need something with high capacity and stability.

I’ve seen some from Atlantic that look promising, like this and this if anyone has tried these before.

Yeah I've been eyeballing those Atlantic shelves, they come recommended from this dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU311QK1cfk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Liar Lyre posted:

I've got the 2nd one, and I have no complaints. The 624 blu-rays seems like an accurate estimation. Pretty easy to put together, too.