Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I do both Knull and Mephisto with Icarus (Leader), Sersi (Support) and Thena (Damage). Before then, I could never do damage fast enough. Knull is a fussy pain in the rear end that I had to learn by watching a youtube video. Mephisto is much easier imo. And like someone else said, I don't do Knull unless I have to now that I got the 10 bios to own him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

If anyone goes for the 4* artifact selector keep in mind the Phoenix Echo Event one has a limited set to choose from. It's still quite a few but I wanted Wolverine's and his wasn't in there. I got a second one from gambling enough on the boxes and that one had all of them to choose from. Unfortunately I opened that one first and chose Hela's, which was available in both.

I beat Mephisto with my Rogue and Torch teams. Torch was close on the phase 1 damage, but after that was solid and had 2 minutes left. Rogue took some practice to get down the timing because she kept getting knocked back or guard broken, disrupting her combos. Next week I'll have to try the Eternals team and figure out how Adam Warlock works.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

bagrada posted:

and another 3-4 that should be able to but i cant get them to do enough damage (beta ray, adam warlock, supergiant for instance).

rotations can make a huge difference in damage. I had the exact same issue with supergiant until I learned 4c5c3 will melt everything in your way. adam warlock can be done a number of ways but whatever you decide for your rotation, make sure it includes 2 for healing and ends on 3 which is an endless skill that will do continuous damage until you move or cancel (ctp of energy is great to rack up the chain hit damage) I usually go something like 2c4c5c3

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Do we know how long till the next crystal spending event? I have 6600 crystals saved now, and I was looking to pick up Moonstone - if theres a crystal spending event within the next 2 months, I think I can wait - but any longer, I may just bite the bullet now

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It’s been months since I played and I forgot all my teams but Moonstone with a CTP of Energy Will absolutely gently caress up Knull and Mephisto quickly.

My cards were decent enough, I think I had pierce maxed out.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I haven't gotten a CTP of Energy in what feels like years.

My Mephisto teams from best to worst.

Mr F/Torch/Thing - nail the rotation with Torch and the bars melt off. Awakened skill melts through the mystery bar in one hit.

Ikaris/Makkari/Sersi - the rotation on the list wasn't quite right, but was still working pretty well for me. Putting a Rage on Makkari and getting the rotation to 3c6dc54 made it better.

StarLord/Sharon/Cable - Sharon hits hard, but takes some buildup. Cable is just backup if Sharon goes down, but I'm open to better support since I'm more inclined to just start over if I biff it that badly.

Magneto/Rogue/Mystique - Rogue has a nice quick rotation, but requires the 6 skill to make a mark.

Carol/Luna/Moonstone - Luna whittled down, Moonstone hits during Number phases because Luna is too slow for those. Requires the most switching, which is annoying when you have to escape the snare.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I've been sitting on Thanos at full 25 gears because I couldn't commit to a character costing that much ccf to t3 til he was obsolete. I finally t3'd him even though I probably should've waited to see if he'll end up being good again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have Thanos and like half a dozen others like Cable,Stryfe, and Apocalypse all geared up. But whenever I get enough ccf to do someone cheaper they end up more appealing.

Of course I have a T3 Ant Man so that’s not a great system.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I don't think I have bad cards but I don't know if I have good ones and I the truth is I have no idea and its just too ever changing and complicated for me to bring myself to care to figure out.

The only thing is you want max blue stars to get more pierce because that will hope a lot. Also you want to roll for ignore defense and damage up. Which i've done, but I still cannot even get close to beating Knull or Mephesto. Knull i'll be doing fine but in his 20s suddenly BOOM all 3 of my characters are dead. Mephesto i just keep running out of time.

Dispatch is also pissing me off because everything in it has huge amount of hp + high dodge. So I put as much ignore dodge stuff on my team and i still run out of time fighting the boss in 7-4. And then on top of that there are all these tasks you need to do to get max resources from it, but those are not easy to do if not impossible due to the difficulty.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have managed to save 6600 crystals. I’m now torn between getting Nova/Gladiator, Adam Warlock, or one of the Eternals. Nova/Gladiator seem like they never come up so I guess they’re not that good. And I’m not gonna be able to get Warlocks costume. So I should probably do an Eternal and be halfway to the other and then Thena. But I’m just tempted as a completionist to get two for one and pick up some of the ones I skipped in the past. I’m torn.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Curiosity killed this cat and I had to jump in cold to see if I still had any of Knull’s pattern or Moonstones rotation memorized. Kind of?

https://imgur.com/a/Y3MjMPb

EDIT: Okay I have no idea how to upload a video longer than a minute.

Certainly way slower than could be, and honestly blanking on which team was my fastest.

Obviously need to avoid the Insta kill moments, the attack that spits circles, and depending on your character you may or may not tank the end.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Feb 26, 2022

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

For Moonstone I run right up to him and do 4c5c6c3 as fast as I can press the buttons and his health just melts and he skips right to covering the ground in goop. It does take a few rotations to get to stage 2. Rogue is the only one who gets hit by that first knockback so I usually wait on her before going in.

Thanks for the tips on Supergiant and Warlock, I'll give them a shot soon.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
bagrada's rotation is correct except hit the purple first and immediately cancel into the rapid rotation for even more damage. Doing that will melt him almost immediately.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Thanos looks like he's going to be a terror in PvP again. His new leadership still applies to villains only, and I'm trying to decide if I should still keep Spider-Man in my second slot or not. If he's as good as he looks, maybe I'll throw in an extra support and only rely on him.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 1, 2022

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Autoplay on story mode's pretty solid. Did 1-1 through 8-3 on auto with my PVP team (Sentry, Spiderman, Hela) and it took a little over an hour. Got eight fragments, ~150 bios, 25 TCP, and 25 EOD. They dealt with all of the AI challenges around fixed environmental dangers by just removing those dangers and adding more enemies. About the only issue so far is somewhere around lvl 5 where heroes get damage reflected. The game won't automatically swap in villains the same way it'll swap in characters for bonuses.

Be on wifi next time you start the game- full update's around 2GB, and that doesn't count most of the story levels needing to be re-downloaded.

e:
- SHIELD Archive is mostly whale bait but there's a handful of passive benefits you can get by using up stuff that most players will have in inventory that's otherwise doing nothing
- Stuff might be broken. Folks on Reddit are claiming issues with Knull, GBR, and dispatch autoruns. No clear cause or type of phone identified yet.

Anals of History fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Mar 17, 2022

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So what's everyone's favorite Dispatch teams?

With the Archive going, I may have to start auto-running some Dispatches for a while. I've been stalled out at the start of Level 9 for a while, but I haven't pushed it since getting the TCPs were my priority.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
If you have Black Cat's winter uni, her leading Loki and Mephisto does well. If I have to manual it, I play as Mephisto so he doesn't change his form back after 1 cools down.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've been stuck in the 7s for ages. loving cards, why does everything come back to loving CARDS.

oops sorry you didn't get the best primo cards, better hope you roll useful stats on them, oh sorry another red star, guess you can't do any high level content.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world

twistedmentat posted:

I've been stuck in the 7s for ages. loving cards, why does everything come back to loving CARDS.
As someone who comprehensively sucks at this game, testify. I realize there are probably ways for me to get past the various walls I've hit, but a lot of them seem to involve expensive costumes for expensive characters I dislike.

And actually studying the proper button order and timing so I can one-shot Knull like in all the YouTube accounts. That's on me.

But sometimes I think it is about cards, and what's holding me back is not having the 12% Pierce All Defense Down Instant Win that I know is out there.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Cards are a big deal. I recently got the Luna Snow card and I'm suddenly noticing a jump in Luna's actual damage output, which is interesting.

But the biggest deal is getting the rotations down. Button mashing is what I'd prefer, but it's disappointing output, but once you get everything teed up properly, it's satisfying when it hits. Not that I can one-shot Knull or anything, but I've got Mephisto handled to reasonably quick defeats by 5 different teams.

It does suck, though, that you sometimes have to get dumb-rear end uniforms for characters. I've been resisting getting the Phoenix Wolverine look because it's stupid-looking, but it's the uniform that makes him work gud.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Pierce and good cards might make up for not having good uniforms and CTPs, and having all of them is what lets you dominate, but yeah rotations are key. Watch videos or check that https://21000dollor.com/rotations/ website despite its fishy name. Even the timing on the rotations can be a huge difference, it used to take me 5-20 tries to beat Knull as Cable and then one day the rotation timing clicked and since then I usually beat him the first try.

Right now I've got 6% pierce and I'm working casually on the next 3%. I only do Giant Boss Raid when its a daily challenge or I have extra boost. My goal is just collecting and owning cool looking characters though so I buy a lot of costumes and only engage with the more challenging content enough to unlock more characters or if I have time and feel like it. I'm generally content plugging away getting 1 T3 and 1 transcended each month or so at my casual rate.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Thanks! I think one of my problems is getting impatient to hit the next button.

While I'm bitching and moaning. I have never ever not once gotten a CTP from the Giant Boss Raid. Is that normal? I usually do anywhere from 2%-20% damage and get carried by whales like a remora, if that's part of it

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Jai Guru Dave posted:

Thanks! I think one of my problems is getting impatient to hit the next button.

While I'm bitching and moaning. I have never ever not once gotten a CTP from the Giant Boss Raid. Is that normal? I usually do anywhere from 2%-20% damage and get carried by whales like a remora, if that's part of it

Pretty sure your experience is normal. I'm pretty consistently putting up 55%+ in GBR and don't think that's resulted in a single CTP.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have gotten ONE CTP from a giant boss raid and that was after running it with 200 boosts twice. It was of Greed. I never get the ones you actually need for characters, energy mostly sometimes judgement.

But maybe I should check out the rotations. I do tend to just button mash but that might solve a lot of my problems. Though with the WBL its specific issues that are more how the game works than anything I do. like Mephesto, i could beat him IF he didn't do the "wiggle the joystick to escape" because the lovely virtual joy the game never registers what i'm doing half the time so i lose precious time there. Will Knull he will just outright kill my entire party without me being able to do anything.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

In one breath, it's cool that the collector's vault is now available to non-whales and that you can just let it run on its own rather than hovering over the purchase button for an hour. In another, it stinks a little bit that it renders the game and possibly your phone unusable while it's running.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Turn off notifications if you haven't. Makes a word of difference

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

bobmcdynamite posted:

Turn off notifications if you haven't. Makes a word of difference

Will give that a shot next time.

Single best thing from this update is doing away with the occasional requirement to complete a World Boss Invasion using at least one co-op skill.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Pondering shuffling some CTPs around.

It seems Loki needs a rage. I've got one on Strange, Luna, Makkari, Silk, Carnage and Odin. It would be most appropriate to steal Odin's I guess.

I've only got 3 Energy CTPs. Sharon still needs hers, but I guess Quicksilver and Cable might be lesser choices at this point. My Moonstone has. 200% proc obelisk though.

I suppose I could take a Regen off of Apocalypse to give it to Emma or America.

Is Sentry better with Regen or Greed?

I have a Refinement on Thing and Gwenom. Would he be better with a regular Obelisk?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Greed is better on Sentry if its awakened, I just have a normal regen on mine. Thing is best as support for Torch so could use an insight if you have extra after Valkyrie, White Fox etc.

Here's a spreadsheet from a streamer, Cynicalex, with his recommendations: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H0Hcl9oVZV9gA266xkJAqPv5bD1qwqhC5NeVbLj_-FE/edit#gid=190850363

So who is ready for T4 Iron Man coming this week? Someone on reddit recommends you stop upgrading people for now just in case they lower the mat requirements this patch, though they waited a while into T3 to do that for T2 characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvP5n8ow_wQ

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Was starting to get back into this, but the Tier-4 announcement kinda makes me reluctant to commit. If Tier-3 promotions really do get easier down the line, that's at least a little tempting.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I was working on Doom to t3 but maybe I'll hold off and just awaken some more people?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My guess is T3s won’t be adjusted too much, it’s just gonna be hella hard to get to T4. They’re still adding a T3 Blade and a bunch of new Transchended. So I think that remains the main thing. Just like a slow intro of these new mega upgrades. And if they stick to OG Avengers for awhile it’s all characters who weren’t top tier players at T3 so it’s just adding more top tiers.

Getting to T2 is probably gonna be more incidental now if there’s any real challenge besides for premium characters. I have like 40 T2 tickets so I only have to think about getting those pay bio gear ups. Maybe they reduce that?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

If they just loosen up the TCP bottleneck, if feel fine about it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They did make the Legendary WB's a little easier. I actually managed to beat Mephisto once, but i had to spend 600 diamonds to do it, because it was so close. I only was that damaged because of that stupid move the stick back and forth part. With the virutal joystick that thing suuuuuucks also when I do it it brings up my phones controls and i have to clear that before I can keep doing it. What a stupid rear end backwards thing to have on a mobile game. Just have us tap somewhere.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Sounds like they added maybe 10-20 more tcp per kill depending on your luck. But now its needed to upgrade gear from 25 to 30 too so you'll need tons more. I was hoping they'd let that flood in and put a new bottleneck on the T4 stuff.

I tried Dormammu early this morning and got his bars down a few with Dr Strange. Cable barely did one bar per rotation. Moonstone was on cooldown from using her against the sentinel yesterday still. I'm sure I'll get him with some tweaks and practice but with people complaining about the low book drop rate I think I'll just ignore T4 for now, I've almost accomplished all my casual long term goals.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I tried Dormammu last night and thought I'd beaten him, but then he regenerated with 40 more bars and it was demoralizing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

One day I’ll watch some YouTube videos and take down all those big guys. And I guess T4 might be the motivator to finally do it. But everytime I try “demoralizing” is definitely the word.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Oh, my God, T4 looks like just a serious amount of no fun whatsoever.

Holding out hope for Love and Thunder gameplay, or at least pretty new costumes

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ms Marvel, She Hulk, and Love and Thunder all coming so I’m expecting T3s for them and Jane Foster. Maybe a T4 for Hulk, Carol, and Thor depending on how quickly they come. Also maybe a second Multiverse of Madness update with The Illuminati. They did a second No Way Home update with the villains right around when it hit digital/home release so could see them doing the same when Strange 2 hits Disney+ later this month.

I’m trying to save to complete the Eternals. Then I’ll be all caught up on the Epic Quests and have all the crystal characters except Adam Warlock. One day soon I’ll buy the bio and X gene subs to collect the people I haven’t. I used to do that once or twice a year but they don’t seem to release many characters that way anymore so I haven’t felt the need. But there’s characters like Namor, Kitty, and Spider Woman I still haven’t collected. I keep waiting to get more bang for my buck but eventually I’ll give in.

Maybe then I’ll need to get Mephisto and Knull and finally figure out how to beat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I followed youtube videos, and i find its mechanical issues rather than issues of what characters i'm using or how they're geared. I just can't do the stuff fast enough it needs me to do.