Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
THat bot auto scoops if it goes second. It's not even winning half it's matches by default.

If you have any interruption be it hand traps or otherwise it also auto scoops. It's genuinely easy and safe to just have a bot that plays constantly and loses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Does anyone have much experience with the new Synchro support. I've been tweaking my junk/synchron deck to add it in and its definitely made it a bit better but I still feel like its missing... something. I can get a ton of omni-negates out and I'm less vulnerable to destruction but the new boss monsters are kind of a pain to synchro into and I'm wondering if its worth it for them? Also probably need to sub out my level 9 one but I'm totally out of mats and gems :negative: and this seemed like the least bad option.

Also Synchros are the most fun summons to play because the animation is top notch.

Decklist

Monsters- 24

Jet Synchron x2
Omni Dragon Brontasaur x2
Converging Willis Dragon x2
Fleur Synchron x2
Doppelwarrior x2
Maxx "c" x3
Caligo Claw Crow x2
Junk Converter x3
Junk Synchron x3
Ash Blossom x2
Stardust Synchron x2

Spells- 14
Harpy's Feather Duster x 1
Monster Reborn x 1
Premature Burial x1
Reinforcement of the Army x1
One for One x1
Tuning x3
Living Fossil x3
Arrive in Light x1
Called by the Grave x2

Traps- 2
Infinite Impermanence x2 (mostly to get credit for the traps daily, could remove)

Extra- 15

Celestial Double Star Shaman x1
Martial Metal Marcher x1
Herald of the Arc Light x1
T.G. Librarian x1
Accel Synchron x1
Junk Speeder x1
Garden Rose Maiden x1
Stardust Charge Warrior x1
Power Tool Dragon x1
Stardust Dragon x1 (Might ditch for Chaos or another good generic 8)
Clear Wing Synchro Dragon x1
Crystron Phoenix x1 (should probably remove for another lvl 9 card)
Baronne de Fleur x1
Shooting Majestic Star Dragon x1
Cosmic Blazar Dragon x1

The deck is absolutely busting at the seems with cards for the extra deck and its definitely the thing I've seen the most variance in.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Iserlohn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htzmbRX95Mc

Sub out the crossout designators for your hand traps of choice. You may even be able to get away with more since O-lion is legal. This event is going to be very silly with Maxx C.

Also took a peek at the banlist and they really want you to be on Synchro this event. Herald is banned and other Ritual decks got hit, including Blue-Eyes (lol). Eldlich still banned. True Draco got hit.

I think if you want the absolute cheapest deck, Pacifis is still okay. Phantasm Spiral is at 1, but more importantly Sea Stealth is at 3. Cheapest Synchro deck might be... Cardian? That Ursarctic list above is neat.

I decided to use this deck list, as it's actually made with MD in mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz395XxfIzw

I managed to get everything except a 2nd Crystal Wing and Fast Dragon, but Duel Pass dust should fix that soon enough.

The only thing is what should I replace that 1 Link monster with for the Synchro event.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Interesting article detailing how the Yugioh world's prize cards since 2008 have mostly been references to the places where that year's World Championship was being held
https://infinite.tcgplayer.com/article/The-Hidden-Secrets-Of-Yu-Gi-Oh-s-World-Championship-Prize-Cards/73e825bc-524e-45f1-9a4c-2ebcf596cdab/

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Just had my first game against a whale Blackwing deck where every rare card that could be royal, was. They opened turn 1 with a monster that was unaffected by card effects and undestroyable by battle. Fun times. I might have had an out but unfortuntely the only stronger thing than an opponent's opening board is being assed to read one of the fifteen cards they comboed through on turn 1

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Now that the Synchro event and new battlepass have me flush with gems and crafting mats, what's a fun rogue deck to look into making next? So far I have Dinos, Fluffals and some jank Synchrons

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I'm having fun with evil twins, but the only way to beat Drytron is going first and getting lucky.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

D/D/D

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zore posted:

Now that the Synchro event and new battlepass have me flush with gems and crafting mats, what's a fun rogue deck to look into making next? So far I have Dinos, Fluffals and some jank Synchrons

Cyber Dragons is a great choice. Channel your inner Zane.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Cyber Dragons are fun and a good choice for the upcoming fusion event.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm gonna go ahead and third Cyber Dragons, but only if you really like big, stompy OTK decks. If not, you might start to get tired of their fairly linear game plan. 'Make big fusion monster, go for OTK'

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

girl dick energy posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and third Cyber Dragons, but only if you really like big, stompy OTK decks. If not, you might start to get tired of their fairly linear game plan. 'Make big fusion monster, go for OTK'

That is literally the only gameplan any of my decks have :v:

Well, Fluffals have some obnoxious disruption that lets you not go for immediate OTKs but the others run out of gas by like turn 3 at latest.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If you wanna try a control deck, pure Shaddolls are a deck I'll take any possible excuse to recommend a fun fusion archetype and only need cards from a single pack. And if you like the game plan enough, you can incorporate other engines, like Eldlich or Invoked. (Invoked Dogmatika Shaddoll in particular is in fact a legitimate meta deck.)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 13, 2022

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Not really enjoying this 'hit surrender if you don't have Ash for Junk Speeder' event.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Justin_Brett posted:

Not really enjoying this 'hit surrender if you don't have Ash for Junk Speeder' event.

I’ve mostly been seeing Speedroids. Are things different in Gold?

(Since I’m using the Speedroid loaner this means I’m seeing a lot of mirrors.)

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
If it's not synchro turbo out some massive boss on turn 1 it's some True Draco / Skill Drain nonsense that is even more unberable to play against. I still don't get why Skill Drain isn't banned for these events or at least limited to 1. Does not fit a Bo1 format well at all when most people run maybe two or three backrow removal spells tops in their deck

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

AweStriker posted:

I’ve mostly been seeing Speedroids. Are things different in Gold?

(Since I’m using the Speedroid loaner this means I’m seeing a lot of mirrors.)

I've been playing Synchrons with Junk Speeder and haven't hit anyone else at all playing it during the event. Its all Speedroid/True Draco/Adamanicpator ime in Plat.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Been having fun with a fortune lady synchro deck. So far my matches have all been either virtual world or adamancipator, with the sole exception of one speedroid. (Also in Plat)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

TaurusOxford posted:

Cyber Dragons is a great choice. Channel your inner Zane.

Yeah, this.

I made CyDrags for N/R event, enjoyed it, and and built up a deck with all the Cyber URs and stuff

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Neat, anyone got a fun Cyber Dragon deck list?

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Glad to see people talking about fusion decks, I too have some gems to burn and was wondering what to make with them. I see Despia, Im not 100% sold on it for some reason though it apparently is good... I never considered Cyber Dragons before now so will go away and look. What other decent options are out there for someone who doesnt know better?

Zore posted:

Neat, anyone got a fun Cyber Dragon deck list?

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/top-decks#search=cyber%20d&deck=Cyber%20Dragon

Has a few. Can also turn back the range to check back further.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Touchdown Boy posted:

Glad to see people talking about fusion decks, I too have some gems to burn and was wondering what to make with them. I see Despia, Im not 100% sold on it for some reason though it apparently is good... I never considered Cyber Dragons before now so will go away and look. What other decent options are out there for someone who doesnt know better?

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/top-decks#search=cyber%20d&deck=Cyber%20Dragon

Has a few. Can also turn back the range to check back further.

Fluffals are really fun and a lot stronger than you think. They're also probably the least 'flow-chart' deck I've ever played as there are like a billion permutations and cool things you can do based on their insanely powerful but inconsistent draw.

Also the only deck I've played where even top players are like 'yeah you need 43 cards in the main deck'

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
HEROs are also a great Fusion deck. However it's one of the most expensive decks to make in Master Duel and hardly meta so it's mostly for the hardcore Jaden fans.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Yeah I have heard Heroes is ridiculously expensive. Ive never seen Fluffals before so will go look it up. From Masterduelmeta the staple cards dont seem too expensive either.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm playing Majoume Sanda rp for the fusion event.

Armed Ojama A to Z baby let's go.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Touchdown Boy posted:

Yeah I have heard Heroes is ridiculously expensive. Ive never seen Fluffals before so will go look it up. From Masterduelmeta the staple cards dont seem too expensive either.

Main deck for Fluffals is super cheap but the extra deck has a bunch of URs unfortunately. Still balances out to average overall and most of them are in a single pack at least.

This is my decklist, only really missing Appolusa which I've subbed in an extra Frightfur fusion for. I'm also probably gonna swap in predaplant now that I've crafted it.

I should also ditch the Imperms for Droplet but I like being able to complete the 'play traps' daily

Zore fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 13, 2022

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Thanks for the decklist. I have most (maybe all) of the non Fluffal URs/SRs already so it might be worth a few k gems to get the rest from the pack. What would you do with the Extra Deck in the Fusion event since a few of those will not be permitted?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Touchdown Boy posted:

Thanks for the decklist. I have most (maybe all) of the non Fluffal URs/SRs already so it might be worth a few k gems to get the rest from the pack. What would you do with the Extra Deck in the Fusion event since a few of those will not be permitted?

Just fill it with other Frightfurs or leave it as is. The deck is perfectly functional without using any of the Links/XYZs, I use them in like 1/3 or fewer duels as it is. The fusions are the real stars of the show.

Eldlich is mostly just destruction tech as you have so many ways to discard cards and want to destroy Toy Vendor so it can pretty easily be dropped as it'll probably be banned.

Zore fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 13, 2022

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Zore posted:

Just fill it with other Frightfurs or leave it as is. The deck is perfectly functional without using any of the Links/XYZs, I use them in like 1/3 or fewer duels as it is. The fusions are the real stars of the show.

Eldlich is mostly just destruction tech as you have so many ways to discard cards and want to destroy Toy Vendor so it can pretty easily be dropped as it'll probably be banned.

I have Eldlichs already. I was thinking Droplets over Imperms as well. What about Twin Twisters over Eldlich? I am wondering about back row removal here, I guess Eldlich is better because it cycles but you can also dump a card with Twin Twisters (if only once).

Also reading the cards the Cat and Owl also seem quite good. Does this deck get to recycle its fusion cards much?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cat is insanely good, run 1.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Touchdown Boy posted:

I have Eldlichs already. I was thinking Droplets over Imperms as well. What about Twin Twisters over Eldlich? I am wondering about back row removal here, I guess Eldlich is better because it cycles but you can also dump a card with Twin Twisters (if only once).

Also reading the cards the Cat and Owl also seem quite good. Does this deck get to recycle its fusion cards much?

Oh yeah, you cycle through them a lot. Honestly a lot of the main deck Fluffal stuff is up to taste and you can add or cut +/-1 to almost any of them except for Penguin at 3x (which is just insanely good) and Wings which can be a dead draw pretty easily or an insane +3 if you combo it with Dolphin.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Nice, I made it, cost me 4k gems which was a bit more than I hoped, but still fairly cheap all things considered. I have some spare fusion monsters for the next festival as well that I will just not dismantle for now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think I wanna try making Invoked Dogmatika Lightsworn Shaddolls. Not for the event, just because reasons. That reason is because I want to call my deck LIDS.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Thats a fine reason if you ask me. I like the thought of Shaddolls etc but it seems expensive which has put me off a bit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Touchdown Boy posted:

Thats a fine reason if you ask me. I like the thought of Shaddolls etc but it seems expensive which has put me off a bit.
It helps that the engine fits into several other decks, if pure Shaddolls isn't to your taste. Not quite on hand trap or Invocation engine levels, but if you've got room for fusions, you could do a lot worse.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I kind of wish Dogmatika had enough support to be a standalone deck, because I like the theme of their cards and the aesthetic, too.

In other news, this event is a dumpster fire. Ten games in today and I've not played a single synchro deck. It's all Skill Drain, Kaiju, and other flavor-of-the-week nonsense that exists to trump effect decks and punish you for trying to have fun.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My prototype brew for the LIDS. I realized that if I'm willing to go all-in on the price of this, I actually get a lot of very powerful and useful options, including a pretty broad extra deck toolbox. God, it's going to be expensive, though.

Special shoutout to the Lightsworn engine giving me decently reliable access to Chaos Ruler and Borreload Savage Dragon. Which is just disgusting in a deck that's also running Mechaba and Winda.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Any tips on how to play the Synchron/Stardust Dragon loaner deck? All I know is that I press buttons and somehow poo poo out a Dragon synchro. Its cool, bu i have no idea what I'm doing

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Any tips on how to play the Synchron/Stardust Dragon loaner deck? All I know is that I press buttons and somehow poo poo out a Dragon synchro. Its cool, bu i have no idea what I'm doing

The goal is basically just to get out Junk Speeder and then cycle through as many synchro summons as possible. Its missing a lot of the key cards you'd need for truly impressively long plays like Fleur Synchron but it seems functional at first glance.

Also do everything you can to bait out Ash before you go into Speeder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Bringing Mayakashi Bone Tower to the synchro event was the best idea I've ever had for this game. It doesn't work every time, but if you can do the whole Mayakashi climb with a Bone Tower on board, even if you don't deck out the opponent with the double-climb, you usually drain them of too many cards for them to make anything out of. And even if there's not a Bone Tower on the board, they're still staring down a 3300 beater and a graveyard full of Mayakashi.

Also surprised just how many people actually stick around for the whole mill. I've got genuine FTKs, and I have no idea why they just watch the whole thing.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Apr 14, 2022