Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Anyone who wants to interview to be an AWS TAM should PM me, because theres a referral drive going on and I think I can get some sweet bonus bucks if you get hired

Happiness Commando fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

AWS TAM? Microsoft TAM? Arby's TAM?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

HC works at Amazon I think. Agrikk does as well.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
yo if you got that arby's TAM hookup gimme

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Edited my post. I want to meet an Arby's TAM if anyone knows one.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

cage-free egghead posted:

So I took 2 weeks off after my wife delivered our stillborn child. Company was totally cool with that and their policy says fathers get 6 weeks of leave. I didn't want to not work for 6 weeks especially without actually having a kid at home so I figured I could just bank that time to use later as a treat for my wife and I but they're fighting pretty hard to say I don't actually qualify for it and would instead need to use my banked PTO (which is a whopping 9 hours), bereavement leave, and sick leave if I wanted more time.

I'm hoping it's a miscommunication and they didn't think I wanted more time after paternity leave, but I can't seem to get through that I was only gone for 2 weeks and would like to be entitled to the additional 4.

What's the company policy say? I know ours there are limits on how the parental leave can be taken, ie: it has to be taken within 3 months of the birth/adoption, and requires 30 days notice before the leave is taken.

It seems like it would be fairly unusual to be able to "bank" parental leave as additional PTO for use later.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Yeah, I would be extremely surprised to hear about someone banking parental leave. Although the idea would be cool.

I need to go look up some AWS TAM articles to see if I know enough to con someone in to hiring me.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

n0tqu1tesane posted:

What's the company policy say? I know ours there are limits on how the parental leave can be taken, ie: it has to be taken within 3 months of the birth/adoption, and requires 30 days notice before the leave is taken.

It seems like it would be fairly unusual to be able to "bank" parental leave as additional PTO for use later.

The company policy says 6 weeks, but doesn't mention anything more specific than that, and there's nothing mentioning stillbirths, unsurprisingly. It's a weird situation and I'm not surprised there's no previous precedent of it at this company or others but I still think I should be entitled to more time after this poo poo.

Happiness Commando posted:

Anyone who wants to interview to be an AWS TAM should PM me, because theres a referral drive going on and I think I can get some sweet bonus bucks if you get hired

What's the pay like for TAMs?

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Thats how mine works. We have within 3 months of birth to use the family leave. Cant bank past that date. Was nice for us because I could use my PTO, then my wife could, and we delayed child care by that length of time.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

My partner interviewed for a TAM position at AWS and ultimately didn't get it after something like 8 interviews in 3 days.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

What's the pay like for TAMs?

If you get hired today at L5 (non-senior) you could be making north of 200K

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Take me to that place

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Had an interview today

i hope it went well

current job is so boring and I want the money :negative:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

would I need to move

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

The Fool posted:

would I need to move

I guess that would depend on where you live and which job (location) you apply for!

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Disappointing!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Depending on how AWS defines "TAM," that kind of role is usually easily doable remote, maybe with occasional travel to customer sites. I can herd cats just as easily over Slack and most customer success / sales enablement roles seem to be moving that way. But Bezos might have a real hardon for butts in seats, I guess?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

When I talked to an amazon recruiter a few years ago the answer was basically you have to live in an area where there is an office and remote from that office was at your managers discretion.

Sounds like it's pretty much the same

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Boss has jury duty this week so I'm the only one in the shop. Hope nothing major breaks!!

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
I dont know how many times I have to remind our director of engineering that my team is not responsible for laptop issues but the answer is "more than 7 times"

downout
Jul 6, 2009

The Fool posted:

When I talked to an amazon recruiter a few years ago the answer was basically you have to live in an area where there is an office and remote from that office was at your managers discretion.

Sounds like it's pretty much the same

I spoke to an Amazon recruiter a few months ago and declined a non-remote position. They got back to me a week later and said the position was being made fully remote. So there is some wiggle room there, but ya probably manager discretion.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I got the offer, they're just taking their time sending me the paperwork

It's a big jump from my current job that I'm feeling guilty :ohdear:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Oh gently caress that, you deserve it and you won't feel guilty in 6 months. The org wouldn't feel guilty laying you off.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

:yotj:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Grats! Don't feel bad at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULeDlxa3gyc

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Congrats!

And never feel guilty, they felt you were the best candidate to do the job and have confidence based on how you presented yourself. Unless you totally lied or cheated your way there, never feel bad getting a good offer.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Honestly the thing I'm looking forward to most about accepting an offer: not having to pick up my phone for strange numbers anymore.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Congrats!

And never feel guilty, they felt you were the best candidate to do the job and have confidence based on how you presented yourself. Unless you totally lied or cheated your way there, never feel bad getting a good offer.

I didn't, I was honest. My coworker got hired on for basically the same position, and he got slightly more, and that was after I asked for more.

TIL always ask for more, they can't really rescind the offer if they say no to the increase.

Idk maybe it's just my rejection sensitivity

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'm happy for all the good things that are happening to people in this thread. May your IT journey be #blessed.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Internet Explorer posted:

May your IT journey be #blessed.

Did you just tell me to go gently caress myself?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Here's a good write up of the big Jira outage https://newsletter.pragmaticengineer.com/p/scoop-atlassian?s=r

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Where do you poo poo post when the forums are down?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

jaegerx posted:

my wife's phone

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

jaegerx posted:

I stare at the broken awful app window and ugly cry.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Write all your shitposts into notepad then print them off and eat them.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

jaegerx posted:

I make a ticket

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

KillHour posted:

I thought that was more or a "bless your heart" thing.

jaegerx posted:

Mod chat. I stopped by the SHSC Slack as well.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

KillHour posted:

Depending on how AWS defines "TAM," that kind of role is usually easily doable remote, maybe with occasional travel to customer sites. I can herd cats just as easily over Slack and most customer success / sales enablement roles seem to be moving that way. But Bezos might have a real hardon for butts in seats, I guess?

My AWS TAMs are nominally from the SLC office but i don't think any one of them worked out of there, they've all been remote.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

KillHour posted:

No that's when you tell someone #sand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I think that joke may be bad enough to be 6er worthy.