Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

That five-letter limit means that some ships (e.g. the Defiant) have no good options. But others (e.g. the Crazy Horse) have no bad options.

Just go with DEFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
THECR

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

DDRDX

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So, wait, would they go with ENTER or PRISE then?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

External Organs posted:

Are we really calling lower decks "LDS"

What about like LOW, just like VOY!

anyway hello lower decks writers, keep on doing good stuff, I'd like to see some cartoon remans and retroactively make nemesis good somehow tia

it will make more sense as an acronym after they do the episode with the space mormons

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

AGER

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i got three letters to describe lower decks for ya

BAD

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Would need drugs to put on that shirt.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

So can you still smoke weed in trek-world or is everyone a square? No booze, but what about other stuff?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Doesnt Chakotay have like a little box o drugs to go on his - ugh - spirit quests?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fishstick posted:

Doesnt Chakotay have like a little box o drugs to go on his - ugh - spirit quests?

It's meant to be the cool advanced people's way of getting spirit quests without needing bad and evil drugs like criminals use! :pseudo:

Remember kids; Drugs are bad and the smart role-model future people just say No!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

roomtone posted:

i got three letters to describe lower decks for ya

BAD

okay but what does it stand for? :confused:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Fishstick posted:

It’s a meditation app

Pondex posted:

So can you still smoke weed in trek-world or is everyone a square? No booze, but what about other stuff?

as far as I can remember weed has never been referenced in any way, let alone shown.

It’s safe to assume it did not survive the transition when people became selfless hard-working utopian dweebs.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

John Murdoch posted:

okay but what does it stand for? :confused:

best animated drama

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Endless Trash posted:

It’s safe to assume it did not survive the transition when people became selfless hard-working utopian dweebs.

funny cos smokin weed makes me a lot more likely to be one of those guys than not

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Pondex posted:

theres lots of trek drugs

- The Game directly puts endorphins right in there
- raffi from Picard had a big ol snakeleaf addition in her desert trailer
- Q smoked a cigar once
- subcommander t'pol got really really high eating deck insulation and badly addicted for an entire arc
- neelix
- the jem hadar have a pretty good line on space PCP
- ferengi heavily into beetle snuff
- there's some badass space crystal from cardassia
- stamets likes shrooms
- the drug dealer planet who just sat around on their asses getting money from the junkie planet

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Wesley liked to huff warp fumes when no one was looking

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Remember when Bashir was working on a cure for the addiction that was holding the Jem Hadar in thrall to the Dominion and O'Brien destroyed it to force Bashir to escape with him? Even though this basically would have eliminated one of the biggest obstacles to winning the Dominion war lol? A rare miss for the Chief.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Wouldn't he have not finished in time, and they'd have been killed by insane Jem'Hadar?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Pondex posted:

Syntha-toke.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Dabir posted:

Wouldn't he have not finished in time, and they'd have been killed by insane Jem'Hadar?

Slap Bashir, take the research

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I wonder if the 31st century has any ships with a crew wearing a shirt that says BOIM.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hola soy El Capitan de Fiant

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I forgot Sela is presumably still running around being incompetent. I'm waiting for the Picard reveal that she caused the Bell Riots as revenge for the destruction of Romulus.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Rynder posted:

I forgot Sela is presumably still running around being incompetent. I'm waiting for the Picard reveal that she caused the Bell Riots as revenge for the destruction of Romulus.

She's stuck in a doorway somewhere, trapped by her shoulderpads

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Prurient Squid posted:

Remember when Bashir was working on a cure for the addiction that was holding the Jem Hadar in thrall to the Dominion and O'Brien destroyed it to force Bashir to escape with him? Even though this basically would have eliminated one of the biggest obstacles to winning the Dominion war lol? A rare miss for the Chief.

Hindsight is 20/20. Not that I agree with Obriens decision, but “for all we know the only thing keeping these maniacs from attacking everything is their leash” was a reasonable assumption at that point in the series

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Also tbh after getting shot and beaten by the Jem'hadar that many times in one episode, I'd be pretty hosed off and unempathetic at that point too. These guys can eat poo poo

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Isn’t the head jemhadar in that ep the gowron actor? That ep is a classic

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pondex posted:

Raffi getting blazed all day every day in her silver bullet trailer, like, 500 yards from utopia San Francisco.

gently caress you guys, I'm disconnecting from society. *hotboxes a tent in the backyard*

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The finest snakeleaf from the shire

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

So, hey, she just has an alien plant growing on Earth... is that okay?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

God forbid you let some Andorian frostmint grow wild

naem
May 29, 2011

chaosbreather posted:

theres lots of trek drugs
- subcommander t'pol got really really high eating deck insulation and badly addicted for an entire arc

wait what??

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Lmao I forgot about T'pol huffing trellium

Phlox: "So how long have you been doing this"
T'pol:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

naem posted:

wait what??

That’s actually literally what happens. She even has a 22nd century candle and spoon setup.

It’s…actually handled fairly well, weirdly enough.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Raffi getting blazed all day every day in her silver bullet trailer, like, 500 yards from utopia San Francisco.

gently caress you guys, I'm disconnecting from society. *hotboxes a tent in the backyard*

Jokes on her. Snakeleaf is weak 25th century tobacco. Her addiction is all in her head.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Hindsight is 20/20. Not that I agree with Obriens decision, but “for all we know the only thing keeping these maniacs from attacking everything is their leash” was a reasonable assumption at that point in the series

Shouldn’t Bashir’s genetically enhanced memory keep all that research within reach?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Would the replicator give you drugs if you asked it to?

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Automatic Slim posted:

Shouldn’t Bashir’s genetically enhanced memory keep all that research within reach?

Yeah, but as we was explaining it to Sisko, O'Brien just kept shouting out random numbers and Bashir ended up forgetting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Brawnfire posted:

So, hey, she just has an alien plant growing on Earth... is that okay?

Brawnfire posted:

God forbid you let some Andorian frostmint grow wild

No worries, we'll just release wave after wave of Talarian Needle Snakes to eat all the plants.