Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

6.1 MSQ: So when do you unlock the beast tribe? I’m currently on the quest where you make a quick pitstop at Cid’s
Got pushed back, in the patch notes it says it's scheduled for 6.15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

6.1 MSQ: So when do you unlock the beast tribe? I’m currently on the quest where you make a quick pitstop at Cid’s

it won't get added til 6.15 so probably in a month or two?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Oh. Same deal with the new custom delivery, too?

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Okay, I think I've figured this out, portrait info:
--Adventurer profile can use any portrait regardless of what you've currently got on.
--Instant Portrait (displayed in Crystal Conflict) always displays current gear regardless of whether it fits the pose or not. If you don't set an instant portrait, it will NOT just grab it from the adventurer plate.
--If a portrait is linked to a gear set, swapping to that set equips it as an instant portrait.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Y'all putting my basic bitch portrait to shame

e: screw it

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 13, 2022

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

This is amazing.

So is new PvP. I’m setting down Elden Ring for a minute.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Whereas if you're a dude dancer you have to work for a skimpy glam

Slowly, patch by patch, they are making it easier.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i wasn't able to copy the ninja one completely but i was able to get something that's good enough and makes me laugh every time

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Was smoking through a couple comments on a Rhitatyn video, and saw this:

They really did exactly that, huh.

Also, I didn't realize I didn't hit Post for my plate here before going to sleep. Oh well.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Game good.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

This is fun.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

What do you mean, "what's with the look?" You know what you did.

And an instant portrait for pvp because why not?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
new EX owns

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
It's not much but it's me.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I'm starting to understand the healer role in new PVP. You aren't a healer, you are a green DPS. I initially made the mistake of sitting in the back line trying to keep my team alive by applying my shield and using my two charges of cure. At least as a WHM, you have an absurd amount of burst damage and some obnoxious CC options. You don't need to heal your team when you can kill someone in 3 seconds.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013

Cowboy Catboys Forever

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Hommando posted:

I'm starting to understand the healer role in new PVP. You aren't a healer, you are a green DPS. I initially made the mistake of sitting in the back line trying to keep my team alive by applying my shield and using my two charges of cure. At least as a WHM, you have an absurd amount of burst damage and some obnoxious CC options. You don't need to heal your team when you can kill someone in 3 seconds.

I have seen several games where a White Mage was a team's top damage dealer/ killer.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
warrior is so goddamn fun and probably op in CC, just jumping around and healing for days

I just wanna keep playing CC but gotta finish that msq and Ally raid :(

acumen fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 13, 2022

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So for New Game+, if there is a certain quest I want to rerun, I need to do all the quests that lead up to it in the chapter?

I was hoping to play New Cape Westwind, but its late in the chapter it would be in.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

it takes about an hour and a half of skipping cutscenes to get to operation archon, if you're starting from part 4. make sure to unsync stone vigil and set the solo duties to Very easy to make them go faster.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm sorry for beating you up Orokin Reactor but you just kept healing your team so much

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

bagrada posted:

On the scoreboard at the end of the new pvp map, what does Time mean at the end? It has k/d/a, damage dealt, damage taken, hp restored, and time. I'm assuming high time is bad since I had the highest and almost everyone else had much lower scores. I thought I'd be able to queue as a low level character for the xp then swap once I got in but I think that's just a daily frontline thing because it wouldn't let me swap and I had to scramble to set up my hotkey bars for the newbie class while fighting.

I'm not 100% sure, but how long were you standing under the Crystal? I think that's what Time is counting: how long you're pushing/defending the objective.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

This is a good feature.

And a good one I saw in the wild:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

HackensackBackpack posted:

On that note, have we seen the Paissa yet?
it was added to the store
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d7f2f8754459af36cf1aba75cad16f685ff38b52

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

samurai is so stupid in PVP it's incredible. your self-defense buff tags everyone who hits you with a debuff making them take extra damage. if your (aoe) limit break hits them while they're debuffed? instant kill. in multiple games now i've returned from a full team wipe, dashed into the other team, hit my self-defense buff, then immediately killed all 5. it owns.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

This is stupid, I love it lmao.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

My internet went down right in the middle of a ranked crystal conflict match

And I got a bunch of warning popups from bitdefender saying a suspicious connection from (jumbled random letters and number dot cloudfront.net) was blocked

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Simple, but fun to customize!

Having portraits show up before a CC match is great and I love it.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Adventurer plates are fun

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I see we had the same idea.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Apr 13, 2022

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

It's a business card!

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

bagrada posted:

On the scoreboard at the end of the new pvp map, what does Time mean at the end? It has k/d/a, damage dealt, damage taken, hp restored, and time. I'm assuming high time is bad since I had the highest and almost everyone else had much lower scores.

I think that's time spent pushing the crystal, in which case higher=better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ffxivstruggle/status/1514133943431450624?s=20&t=CZYcWKCm3E4dwUDqcp1oew