Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Doomykins posted:

You guys are aware a majority of achievements require playing non-Dawi races and you're arguing with Arghy, right?

Some of these are TK/lizardmen/vamp pirates related or weird late game elf but i have things like,
- have 10 magic pieces of armor or weapons,
- have 25 magic pieces of weapons or armor,
- recruit a hellpit abom as skaven,
- recruit a feral carno as lizardmen,
- win 5 ambushes during a campaign,
- win a campaign as empire,
- win a campaign as dawi,
- win a campaign as dawi on VH/legend,

I've definitely done all of the above multiple times and most of that was with SFO or overhaul mods. The only other campaign i've completed multiple times is empire and i've deffo gotten late game with skaven, HE, counts, and lizardmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Making mods disable achievements doesnt really make sense anyway since people can just unlock them all with Achievement Manager

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I have all TWW2 achievements and 99.99% of that was with heavy modding. There were a few rare instances where achievements failed to fire off though. I had to use SAM to unlock the Very Hard Beastmen campaign cheevo for example, even though I was staring down the victory screen on a VH Beastmen campaign.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
There's a mod that gives new landmark buildings on the settlements that have resources. On top of this they also unlock special missions for them but I haven't gotten to try them. The landmarks themselves are fairly decent so far.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Arghy's just modding reality, nothing to worry about.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Panfilo posted:

There's a mod that gives new landmark buildings on the settlements that have resources. On top of this they also unlock special missions for them but I haven't gotten to try them. The landmarks themselves are fairly decent so far.
Interesting. I know it's always been weird when somewhere like Altdorf or Kislev has a resource site there. I mean, thats...nice, but I've got a lot better things to use those slots on.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Neferattas capital(silverpeak?) is a really awesome map even though a few of the towers have no LoS and some are super high with amazing LoS. The wall towers are still oddly placed with such a limited number but they have an awesome wall overlook next to the only gate on that side that's within 140 range. I was really surprised to see how much biguns crump tsar guard which makes me really wonder how unit balance is gonna be--i don't remember biguns being that dangerous.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Ravenfood posted:

Interesting. I know it's always been weird when somewhere like Altdorf or Kislev has a resource site there. I mean, thats...nice, but I've got a lot better things to use those slots on.

It's absolutely worth building them, especially now because it's much easier to link trading partnerships early on, which is free money. Kislev kind of gets the short end of the stick with resource buildings themselves; most of them just give resource+1/2/3% market building income. So late game this might add up to +12% income from the market buildings which isn't that much compared to just giving you +100/200/300g instead. Extra puzzling is that they also get a tech to give +50% income from resource buildings yet most don't actually give you any income anyway. The one exception is iron mines, which at least give discounts to armored kossars and a global discount on Upkeep.

I've also seen a mod that overhauls the bonuses that come with each resource building to apply bonuses to unit types and apply towards all races that have those units. So timber buildings apply bonus ammo and reload to all 'bow/xbow' type units, iron gives +MA/MD to all infantry, etc. Though playing with similar overhauls in Mortal Empires I learned that this can snowball very hard and you can have low tier units with hilariously overtuned stats as a result.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Omnicarus posted:

I'd love a Greenskin unit called the Blokkchainz which is just a grumpgrong whiping big chains around left and right and sowing mayhem

*Ahem*

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Blockhainz would unironically be a better name for them than "Murderhammer Persecutors" or whatever

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
It's more an issue of slots: at t2 you have 3 slots for Kislev and a market brings in far more income than a fur resource building, and the +growth buildings are both good for growth and decrease recruitment cost and build times, both also incredibly useful. Then t3 gets you all of the landmark buildings. Then higher tiers you have the option for an extra frost maiden and the other blue recruitment buildings, which also increase income, reduce upkeep, or provide fur.

I guess my question is what building do you even skip for Kislev's fur trader?

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
I feel vanilla tww3 has severe lack of good buildings to build, even for cities like Kislev I have spare slots, just no reason for many buildings like military once you have recruitment of the units they give in any province and most units you want unlocks from landmarks as well.
And with wall upgrade buildings being bugged for near all factions atm there is no real reason to build them either.
Besides that some landmarks are just to lovely to ever waste gold on, like the imperial embassy and temple to manann just to mention a couple.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mordja posted:

Blockhainz would unironically be a better name for them than "Murderhammer Persecutors" or whatever

They are Wrathmongers.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

They are Wrathmongers.

how much is wrath going for these days?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Three skulls to the quart, though you should show up early on Wednesdays because that's when they clear their old stock so you can get a discount.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hell Ive been calling em "Slamdaddies!"

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
The RoR is Slambo's Wham Bros.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Dandywalken posted:

Hell Ive been calling em "Slamdaddies!"

and thank you for my demon prince name for a post patch run

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Ravenfood posted:

It's more an issue of slots: at t2 you have 3 slots for Kislev and a market brings in far more income than a fur resource building, and the +growth buildings are both good for growth and decrease recruitment cost and build times, both also incredibly useful. Then t3 gets you all of the landmark buildings. Then higher tiers you have the option for an extra frost maiden and the other blue recruitment buildings, which also increase income, reduce upkeep, or provide fur.

I guess my question is what building do you even skip for Kislev's fur trader?

Kislev is a ten slot settlement though. And all the T3 landmark building chains require Devotion which you'll need for invocations and churches early game anyway. The earlier you start getting trade goods the more likely allies will be willing to make trade deals which snowballs income.

Also wow some of the modded landmark buildings are incredibly good. They all significantly buff a few types of units, or greatly affect the territory+neighboring ones.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I don't really put much into Total War achievements cause I know the game will accidentally give me them when I haven't earned them anyway.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Ha, tonight I got the achievement for winning against 10-1 odds in a battle that was probably around 2-1, 3 at most

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Was it a quest battle, by any chance?

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Panfilo posted:

To clarify on this a bit, assuming its this mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2790208516&searchtext=landmark - as an aside, can we please link to mods we're talking about if they aren't super common ones? This will become more and more of an issue as mods come online and it can get really tedious trying to find the specific mods people mentioned back in twh2 by the end of its lifecycle): They had to tie the landmark to resource buildings because the full mod tools aren't out, and its got some serious jank because of that. It's all in the notes, and still better than nothing (I love me some landmarks), but they didn't add it to resources as a solution to how awkward a number of resource places are, its just how they ended up having to do it.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It's good that my slaneesh chariots are good now. But the buff to chariots applied to all chariots so now other chariots are still outperforming them, like kislev war sleds. They get to shoot and deal obscene damage during charges, while being cheaper

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Collapsing Farts posted:

It's good that my slaneesh chariots are good now. But the buff to chariots applied to all chariots so now other chariots are still outperforming them, like kislev war sleds. They get to shoot and deal obscene damage during charges, while being cheaper

To paraphrase a recent Enticity video, between light war sleds and slaanesh chariots, one of them can solo a bloodthirster and the other one costs 100 gold more. :haw:

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Panfilo posted:

Kislev is a ten slot settlement though. And all the T3 landmark building chains require Devotion which you'll need for invocations and churches early game anyway. The earlier you start getting trade goods the more likely allies will be willing to make trade deals which snowballs income.

Also wow some of the modded landmark buildings are incredibly good. They all significantly buff a few types of units, or greatly affect the territory+neighboring ones.

which mod is this

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

'Close victory' lmao

Kill Dozed
Feb 13, 2008

Insurrectionist posted:

'Close victory' lmao

This happens a lot when I fight Ogres as Cathay caravans, and I have no idea why.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

You guys aren't thinking like an ogre, see?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Kazzah posted:

Was it a quest battle, by any chance?

No, fresh bloodhost got teleport ambushed by a stack and a half of Tzeentch bullshit

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Insurrectionist posted:

'Close victory' lmao

What difficulty you on?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

kanonvandekempen posted:

which mod is this

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2790208516&searchtext=landmark
"Glorious Landmarks"

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I really recommend the "change starting settlement" mod. It really helps replayability when you can start in a new part of the world with certain factions so you're not always locked into fighting the same opponents over and over

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Also, I see the modders are coming out with some crazy units already :stare::

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I won’t be impressed until they release the slaanesh version with dicks and titties all over the place

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

jokes posted:

I won’t be impressed until they release the slaanesh version with dicks and titties all over the place

They've already modded Deamonettes to have a second breast. So you know what that means

Thats right, 2 dicks

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The main change needed in the campaign map is that Wei-jin needs to be upgraded from 8-slot province capitol to 10-slot racial capitol.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
There's some weirdness going on with Cathay where I hear they can't occupy a ten slot settlement.

The Catacylism spells are all pretty neat and I hope modders add them to the 'wizard' LLs like Gelt, Teclis, Manfred, Get Out Frog, etc skill trees.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I thought the daemonettes are fine, they've got the androgynous thing down well for them.

What I wish was different was N'kari's voice, it sounds too "big yelly demon" a lot of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Man reddit is incredibly loving salty about the game. Like, yes, the launch had issues, but they spent maybe three days saying 1.1 was good and now they're back at the "worst launch ever, game doomed, CA in shambles, IE never releasing" mantra.

I dunno, the workshop solves most of my immediate concerns, most of which were subjective. There's still the performance issues (holy poo poo Kislev/Norsca make the framerate chug), weird bugs, rough balance, etc. Game has issues, in other words. But reddit is full of people trying to one-up one another in a doomers echo chamber. Do they not remember Rome 2's release? That was way worse.