Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they're all in the nbc family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

What does nXt stand for?
Not eXactly Trained

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Seth Rollins is that fake scottish guy with the sword right?

And the Miz is something you all made up, stop pretending like it's a real thing you fuckers.

In the immortal words of Matt, formerly of the Super Best Friends:

"Who the gently caress is the Miz? That sounds like a cracker."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

What does nXt stand for?

Need eXtra Tendons

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rox-C is now known as Roxanne Perez

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Better than Rok-C for sure

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Davros1 posted:

Rox P

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
too bad sting is in AEW so she can't use his song

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This is the one time the name change was an upgrade.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Astro7x posted:

Until she just becomes Perez on the main roster

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

probably not a gimmick, but grayson waller (the guy who took the horrific looking ladder bump) has his arm in sling on nxt 2.0. He's still in the tag gauntlet but the gimmick is he'll not tag in and his bodygaurd Sanga will wrestle the match for him

turns out he was faking the injury

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Rok-C is a great jobber name because it sounds like a low level thug from Final Fight

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

KungFu Grip posted:

turns out he was faking the injury

I dunno how tbh, it sounded like he should have been sidelined

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Davros1 posted:

All she wanna do is party all night

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Re: Cody vs. Miz.

Aren't they close friends in real life?

I know Miz is friends with Matt Cardona and that crew of dorks. Cody is also a huge goofy dork, but in a different way, so maybe I am getting it mixed up that they are friends.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

BrigadierSensible posted:

Re: Cody vs. Miz.

Aren't they close friends in real life?

I know Miz is friends with Matt Cardona and that crew of dorks. Cody is also a huge goofy dork, but in a different way, so maybe I am getting it mixed up that they are friends.

I think Cody is legitimately very stupid and miz is more goofy

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Erebus posted:

Rok-C is a great jobber name because it sounds like a low level thug from Final Fight

One of the low level female thugs in that game is named Roxy...

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Astro7x posted:

Ruby Riott was a better name than Heidi Lovelace, too.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

oh speaking of NXT, i guess they got new titles designs

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1513992900836831234

I think they should have gone bigger and put neon colored straps on them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Better than Rok-C for sure

Eat My Fu-C

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MorningMoon posted:

Eat My Fu-C

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Astro7x posted:

One of the low level female thugs in that game is named Roxy...

Wasn't Roxy trans, or was that Poison? I remember one of them was according to the game lore, but phobic fuckboys flipped their poo poo about which fake video game sprite they were 'allowed' to find attractive despite them literally being palette swaps with different hair.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

sticklefifer posted:

Wasn't Roxy trans, or was that Poison? I remember one of them was according to the game lore, but phobic fuckboys flipped their poo poo about which fake video game sprite they were 'allowed' to find attractive despite them literally being palette swaps with different hair.

I believe Poison is trans (design docs say "new-half" or something) in the Japanese version, but for the longest time cisgender for the US version. This might have changed. The US SNES version of Final Fight did remove her from game.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Majinfoose posted:

I believe Poison is trans (design docs say "new-half" or something) in the Japanese version, but for the longest time cisgender for the US version. This might have changed. The US SNES version of Final Fight did remove her from game.

I believe the official line from the Street Fighter series producer nowadays is the other way around, she's trans in the North American translation but not in Japan? It's weird.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

too bad sting is in AEW so she can't use his song

very good

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

beergod posted:

If you see him on basically anything other than the main show like any of the vlogs or ancillary podcasts Cody is goofy as gently caress and it’s great. (7 minutes if the timestamp doesn’t work)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ynDBDYejs&t=7m0s

He just seems to prefer huffing his own farts when it comes to the actual wrestling show.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Apr 13, 2022

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

beergod posted:

i was looking up late 2021 fan reactions to Cody and I found this great quote where he compares himself to woody in toy story (in relation to boos and people like CM Punk coming in)

quote:

“Woody was having a hell of a time. He was having a great time. He was getting played with every day. He was the number one toy. Buzz Lightyear shows up, Woody gets thrown in the toy box. If you're wondering how I feel, take a peek at how Woody felt in the very first Toy Story because that, to a degree, has been my role lately.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Remember when Woody ran away to join the neighbor kids toys because he wasn't a fan of Andy's booking? Turned out all right for him.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Remember when Woody ran away to join the neighbor kids toys because he wasn't a fan of Andy's booking? Turned out all right for him.

Going to be fun when CM Lightyear saves him from Andy McMahon's torture

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hefty Leftist posted:

i was looking up late 2021 fan reactions to Cody and I found this great quote where he compares himself to woody in toy story (in relation to boos and people like CM Punk coming in)

He also compared himself to Luke Skywalker during the Malakai Black feud in response to people cheering more for Black destroying him

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Alaois posted:

He also compared himself to Luke Skywalker during the Malakai Black feud in response to people cheering more for Black destroying him

quote:

“You mention Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. There’re a lot of fans who thought Luke was a whiny farm boy and thought Darth Vader was the coolest thing on Earth. I’m a Luke guy. Hopefully there’re some Luke guys in the crowd. I’m sure there will be some Darth Vader people in the crowd. That’s great.

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I wish Luke had a neck tat.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kennel posted:

I wish Luke had a neck tat.

Hmm, I dunno.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

No no, see he's secretly turning heel in a brilliant display of postmodernist meta commentary :jerkbag:

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

No no, see he's secretly turning heel in a brilliant display of postmodernist meta commentary :jerkbag:

in retrospect it's kind of unbelievable that anyone thought that when the writing was on the wall (brother) the whole time

cody's just not very good at this isn't he?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Cody rules

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

ADRENALINE
IN MY SOUL
YOU CAN PUT ANY WORDS HERE
ITS ALWAYS FUNNY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU