Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

christmas boots posted:

Wait, why does the person recovering from surgery get the L?

legislators are literally incapable of doing anything unless you badger them to do it
however you can't badger them unless you are a crazy toxic leftist bernie bro
so the circle of lib thought is complete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

we see and hear your complaints about spam calls. our response to this is that we'll increase the amount of collections calls you get so your calls matter

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1513700374825349121?t=hIu-KmDhHYYxLIT46OINOQ&s=19

this is an *insanely* condescending response to give to a citizen activist as a legislator, these freaks deserve much worse than getting destroyed in 2022

when we had anti-gun legislation in our statehouse, the republicans let the gun whackos take photos of people testifying against the gun bill so they could doxx them on facebook. the dems didn't do poo poo about it and eventually the anti-gun people stopped showing up

they don't bother protecting the people that show up either lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

christmas boots posted:

Wait, why does the person recovering from surgery get the L?

Yeah they clearly got the V

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you are relying on dems to do something on your behalf, then the L is automatic.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the zanarkand abes, boy, those fellas could play some blitzball

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
Whelp just realized what it meant that the child tax credit payments were “tax credit payments,” it’s just a loving advance on your potential tax return. Good thing I had already told my employer to just deduct a good chunk extra every paycheck or we would have owed a lot instead of barely having a return. (I swear those W4 withholding forms/employer calculations based in that form are worthless. If you fill it out as accurately as possible you will end up owing.)

loving Democrats can’t even give away free money right. (And Joe still owes me $600).

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Pulcinella posted:

Whelp just realized what it meant that the child tax credit payments were “tax credit payments,” it’s just a loving advance on your potential tax return. Good thing I had already told my employer to just deduct a good chunk extra every paycheck or we would have owed a lot instead of barely having a return.

Yeah the dems did a very good job hiding this immensely important fact: if you want free money from the government, start a business. Otherwise gently caress you motherfucker.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
the democrats are going to get destroyed and they will never, ever consider that it might be because they only (sometimes) try to make people feel helped rather than be helped

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

what the gently caress does this even mean you loving bastards, other than "blah blah here's some words but ultimately to hell with everyone in america"

this is not in any way a country governed by people who care about leading it. america is treated like a mall full of shoppers by the people elected to govern; their only interest is in sales. gently caress joe loving biden and you know what gently caress his stupid living son too because if he was actually a cool drug smoking dude he'd do something about his gently caress of a dad, and gently caress kamala harris, another person of color they managed to find who loves permanently destroying the lives of other people of color almost as much as drone dome obama GOODNIGHT.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pulcinella posted:

Whelp just realized what it meant that the child tax credit payments were “tax credit payments,” it’s just a loving advance on your potential tax return. Good thing I had already told my employer to just deduct a good chunk extra every paycheck or we would have owed a lot instead of barely having a return. (I swear those W4 withholding forms/employer calculations based in that form are worthless. If you fill it out as accurately as possible you will end up owing.)

loving Democrats can’t even give away free money right. (And Joe still owes me $600).

haha this is gonna be a fun round of democrats telling angry people 'it's your fault that you thought I was helping you, suck it up crybaby'

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

i am harry posted:

america is treated like a mall full of shoppers by the people elected to govern
what with the way every american telegraphs that they're about to give you one of their lovely opinions my first saying "as a consumer, I" it's hard to argue this isn't what they want

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I have no interest in democrats

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Crazy to think that Laura gogurt is the best that district can do. Her restaurant may have given people diarrhea but this social media post gave me diarrhea too

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

i am harry posted:

what the gently caress does this even mean you loving bastards, other than "blah blah here's some words but ultimately to hell with everyone in america"

we already acknowledged the problem, what else do you loving want

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Vim Fuego posted:

They are worse than republicans because they take up time and space that could be used to actually help people. Instead they are just a horrible sucking void

Yeah. People will come together to fight Republicans, but when it's Dems pushing austerity there's no way to fight it. Republicans are never doing single payer anyway, but the fuckhead Dems are the ones keeping anyone from trying.

If we are to get anywhere, and we won't, the first step is purely attacking Dems to get them out of the way. Fighting Republicans can only come later when there's people in place who would actually do anything. People always get it backwards as once you are supporting Dems you've already given up the game. Pushing left is such bullshit

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lastgirl posted:

Biden’s solution is to buy a shotgun for gun control

Can't buy a gun if someone shot them all

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Isn't boeberts district like a hyper-gerrymandered R+30 district in rural Georgia? Surely this ad doesn't appeal to 51% of the voters there?

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

oh my god I hadn’t had the sound on for this until now and you know what, he’s a perfect democrat. go get ‘em buddy, I’m sure you’ll do great

e: also MTG is the gerrymandered Georgian. Boebert is the entire western slope of Colorado which is just all chuds

lousy hat has issued a correction as of 11:59 on Apr 13, 2022

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Business Gorillas posted:

Isn't boeberts district like a hyper-gerrymandered R+30 district in rural Georgia? Surely this ad doesn't appeal to 51% of the voters there?

Her district is the R+6 western part of Colorado

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

That guy is going to :smug: his way into crying on a debate stage because the woman who married the man that flashed her as a minor calls him a pedophile

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

in order to legislate, we have to win!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

https://twitter.com/nathanwall03674/status/1513840317560205313?s=20&t=8Q1paRh3JbJun-zLA7TVZA

lmao

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

These kind of ideas make sense if you literally never talk to someone who doesn't have a trust fund

I'm sure that all the failsons' central political tenent is "losing faith in the system" and "wanting someone like them being heard"

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

:shepface:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

well trans interests may have gotten hosed in the MD leg, but at least we got cannabis legalization passed*

*the people here totally had to drag the MD gov kicking and screaming into it. there was a popular push to get signatures for a referendum so the MD leg put together an emergency bill that’s way friendlier for their grift and shittier for the people here, and that also slow walks the process so stores can’t even start certification until July 2023 and STILL requires passing a voter referendum in November because they’d really like it if it still didn’t pass. The referendum that WAS going to succeed without their interference would have opened stores in a few months, explicitly addressed minority targeting by cops, and expunged records. the leg passed was sure to do what it could to protect the system of legalized slavery of course.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
dems are going to lose the senate and the house by huge margins in a little more than 6 months and will promptly blame:

- the "left", generally
- biden's $1400 stimulus payments (which he has already said contributed to inflation)
- calls to defund the police
- LGBTQ rights activists/ism
- covid policies that have been completely insufficient
- "putins price hike"

instead of

- listening to progressives who accurately predicted that centrists would completely ratfuck the BBB once the infrastructure piece was passed
- acknowledging that corporate profit-taking is a significant primary driver of inflation
- re-directing general police funding to mental health services and community services that shouldn't involve police
- continuing to support vulnerable groups that are huge drivers of their base
- removing all leadership from the CDC and replacing them with epidemiologists who haven't been completely compromised politically
- doing another round of direct stimulus to account for rising gas and food prices

the party doesn't learn lessons. It actively resists learning them, and then uses them against anyone agitating for a better system. the democrats.

:d2a:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
it's going to loving suck watching Republicans call a constitutional convention and continue moving the u.s. to an official fascist Christian theocracy, but the dems have seen this coming for a long time and promptly jammed their thumbs up their assholes as hard as they could

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ex post facho posted:

it's going to loving suck watching Republicans call a constitutional convention and continue moving the u.s. to an official fascist Christian theocracy, but the dems have seen this coming for a long time and promptly jammed their thumbs up their assholes as hard as they could

I'm sure they can jam them harder

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

ex post facho posted:

I will become a Jesuit and run on a platform of common sense compassionate reforms that I will work toward enacting once elected

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
As I’ll say again Maoism will be enacted by running as a Republican. Especially on a platform of purging the demon rats.

Business Gorillas posted:

That guy is going to :smug: his way into crying on a debate stage because the woman who married the man that flashed her as a minor calls him a pedophile

That will be funny.

Nonsense posted:

I have no interest in democrats

I have an interest in them going extinct. Like the dinosaurs.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

Crowsbeak posted:

As I’ll say again Maoism will be enacted by running as a Republican. Especially on a platform of purging the demon rats.

Republicans want to do struggle sessions so badly lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/Blake_Allen13/status/1514258284567478276

https://mobile.twitter.com/Blake_Allen13/status/1514258288094887936

https://twitter.com/MorningConsult/...ingawful.com%2F

https://twitter.com/walkerforco/sta...ingawful.com%2F

the Democrats are going to become a rump party nationally

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ex post facho posted:

insha'allah

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

ex post facho posted:

dems are going to lose the senate and the house by huge margins in a little more than 6 months and will promptly blame:

- the "left", generally
- biden's $1400 stimulus payments (which he has already said contributed to inflation)
- calls to defund the police
- LGBTQ rights activists/ism
- covid policies that have been completely insufficient
- "putins price hike"

instead of

- listening to progressives who accurately predicted that centrists would completely ratfuck the BBB once the infrastructure piece was passed
- acknowledging that corporate profit-taking is a significant primary driver of inflation
- re-directing general police funding to mental health services and community services that shouldn't involve police
- continuing to support vulnerable groups that are huge drivers of their base
- removing all leadership from the CDC and replacing them with epidemiologists who haven't been completely compromised politically
- doing another round of direct stimulus to account for rising gas and food prices

the party doesn't learn lessons. It actively resists learning them, and then uses them against anyone agitating for a better system. the democrats.

:d2a:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

ex post facho posted:

don't vote rump, vote Trump

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They will go crawling to Jill Stein for help.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My secret hope is that Trump runs in 2024 but as a Democrat this time. We're completely unprepared for this as a nation and it would be truly something magnificent to behold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

they already are, they already can't and won't do anything. all they do is campaign and collect paychecks