Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Threw this poo poo together and it actually wins games. It’s kinda funny. Cycle until you get fires and Vanndar. See what random cheap poo poo you get.

### ?
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Execute
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Shoulder Check
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) The Fires of Zin-Azshari
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) From the Depths
# 2x (3) Heavy Plate
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (4) Vanndar Stormpike
# 2x (5) Brawl
#
AAECAc2LBQTn8AOnjQSXoATlsAQN9+gD9PYD+IAEn58EiKAEoaAE4aQE06wEjLcEuLcEm9QEnNQEndQEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

(Disclaimer: this deck is very stupid)

Also - that loving shark does some work in mech mage, holy poo poo. Nearly all my wins are from discounted sharks and dumping my hand full of 1 and 2 cost mechs. Shark turn is almost always a dead opponent.

Doji Sekushi fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

Well all of my decks that I actually played are completely dead due to rotation and the first six matches I had were against 4 fatigue warlocks and 2 pirate warriors that destroyed me

The same two decks I hated playing against are back and even worse but this time I have nothing good to counter them - maybe it is time to stop

Yeah, I saw a fatigue lock. Killed them the turn after they emptied my deck, because I had already gotten them down so low. Just beat a warrior that was mostly doing removal, until it dropped an unprotected battlemaster, so I think they were going for a charge windfury thing - but they too died before they could do anything.

Ignite mage still works against slow durdly poo poo, but it's no longer an OTK. Imaginably it could be if you manage to pump Ignite up enough, but you can really only get 5 casts off now that mana biscuit rotated. Base damage that would be 20 dmg, but if you get 2 ignites off before hand to prime it, then you can get to 30. But I seems to just do chip damage, have a turn where I do about 20 damage and leave the enemy in hitting distance of the second Chandler/ignite turn. It's not as good as before, that's for sure. But it can work. However, the lustre is gone on the deck.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Mech mage seems good.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I think I had pretty decent luck this time around.

I got the "cheaper" preorder pack and 50 packs from my gold, and from there I got Lady Ashvane (disenchanted instantly)

Congratulations on your second Lady Ashvane before you get the legendary you want.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

GTO posted:

Mech mage seems good.

It sure is. This was my run from Plat 10 to Diamond 10 over the last couple of hours with the deck from VS's theorycraft article:

The Hunter and Warrior wins were against Quest decks too. The Rogue beat me partly because I wasn't sure how parts of the deck worked and the Shaman just froze me out. The Mage Colossal is awesome and several times I managed to play it while also having a Mechashark and three other minions on board so that's pretty much game over right there. The Discover pool is also small enough at the moment that it's very easy to find extra Sharks and Colossals.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I feel like shamans are going to have a field day now that they can Zola their freeze everything elemental on top of double parrot

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Jedit posted:

Congratulations on your second Lady Ashvane before you get the legendary you want.

Wait that cna happen

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Kind of annoying that School Teacher is so late on the reward track, makes me not want to craft it and play decks with it right now.

Oenis posted:

Also reminder to disenchant your panda importers by searching your collection for "refund". If you're doing the right thing and not disenchanting anything until it's either nerfed or moves to wild, you might have a couple of them banked. If not, start doing that because it's good practice and every bit of dust counts.

Thanks for the reminder, I had 11 of them :tipshat:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Wait that cna happen

Yes. You never disenchant legendary cards before you have the full set because legendary protection only stops you opening cards that you still own. Since you no longer own Lady Ashvane, you can get it again.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Jedit posted:

Yes. You never disenchant legendary cards before you have the full set because legendary protection only stops you opening cards that you still own. Since you no longer own Lady Ashvane, you can get it again.

This isn't true anymore. The game checks to see if you've ever owned a card, not if it is currently in your collection. More here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/116884

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

fanny packrat posted:

This isn't true anymore. The game checks to see if you've ever owned a card, not if it is currently in your collection. More here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/116884

Ah, that's changed since the last time I heard then.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Doji Sekushi posted:

Threw this poo poo together and it actually wins games. It’s kinda funny. Cycle until you get fires and Vanndar. See what random cheap poo poo you get.

### ?
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Execute
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Shoulder Check
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) From the Depths
# 2x (3) Heavy Plate
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (5) Brawl
#
AAECAc2LBQTn8AOnjQSXoATlsAQN9+gD9PYD+IAEn58EiKAEoaAE4aQE06wEjLcEuLcEm9QEnNQEndQEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Also - that loving shark does some work in mech mage, holy poo poo. Nearly all my wins are from discounted sharks and dumping my hand full of 1 and 2 cost mechs. Shark turn is almost always a dead opponent.

How does this keep winning. I haven't even drawn Vanndar together with Fires yet

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Its not a good deck by any stretch. I'm only in like gold 2 right now but I went on a hilarious streak with it after climbing a bit with mech mage.

I just aggressively fish for vanndar and the fires just kinda come. If it's taking too long to find vanndar, gently caress it, just play fires.

It's entirely dependent on what RNG decides to bless/curse you with.

Again, it's not a good deck.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

renounce warrior is a meme but its fun as hell to whip out discounted colossals every turn

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Man, I suck with every new deck one tried.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Got a golden Ambassador Faerlin. Getting any legendary I want is tempting, but so is having a bunch of golden Colossals in my deck.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Jedit posted:

Ah, that's changed since the last time I heard then.

Specifically, to close a potential loophole in the pity timer system, where if a legendary gets nerfed and you own all the legendaries in a set, you could have repeatedly opened and disenchanted that legendary from packs to earn way more dust than intended.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Day 1 is wrapping up and the meta is still pretty fun! Starting to see reno paladin and reno mage which actually seem kinda cool and are even fun to lose against. The new core set is pulling a lot of weight. Still not seeing a lot of refined busted aggro BS winning by turn 5 (besides a hyperaggro demon hunter, but I was stuck on a bad mulligan so I dunno), so there's not a lot to get mad about.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I've done well with reno paladin. Most losses were due bad luck.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The naga package seems really solid for hunter

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Doji Sekushi posted:

### ?
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Execute
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Shoulder Check
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) From the Depths
# 2x (3) Heavy Plate
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (5) Brawl
#
#

well my free epic off the rewards track was Fires so I guess I'm playing this now, it looks fun as hell and also terrible

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

The pro move is to never disenchant anything unless you need it to build something and you're out of dust. Then when they nerf some common you have like 12 copies of you get 480 dust instead of 60.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Got a golden Ambassador Faerlin. Getting any legendary I want is tempting, but so is having a bunch of golden Colossals in my deck.

Two legendaries. I got a golden one as well and got 3200 dust for dusting it. I think it's because you get the normal one from the rewards track.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

tthe whale move is to have spent so much you have golden copies of every card already and never need any dust

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So does anyone have a breakdown for what - in dust - the typical expansion would cost? I know it's 135 cards total but I was wondering if anyone had what this particular expansion would've cost in dust alone, minus the "free" legendary and whatnot.

I want to know if I can "skip" actually spending money on the next one.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Two legendaries. I got a golden one as well and got 3200 dust for dusting it. I think it's because you get the normal one from the rewards track.

Got a Golden Commander Sivara. Trying to dust her now that I have the Diamond is still showing only 1600 dust for a disenchant value.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Naga mage is fun. If you're reading this bt, you have missed the dust refund window for Finley and Faelin!

zach_o's list, wasn't playing this one but it's similar and probably better

https://twitter.com/ZachODR/status/1514264162943254529

AAECAdeEBQLbuQSp3gQO1OoD0OwDrvcDsvcDqIEE/J4E7bEEhLIEiLIEvLIElrcE3LkE4bkEssEEAA==

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So does anyone have a breakdown for what - in dust - the typical expansion would cost? I know it's 135 cards total but I was wondering if anyone had what this particular expansion would've cost in dust alone, minus the "free" legendary and whatnot.

I want to know if I can "skip" actually spending money on the next one.

Got a Golden Commander Sivara. Trying to dust her now that I have the Diamond is still showing only 1600 dust for a disenchant value.

I was watching Savjz's stream and saw someone mention that it was only possible for the first 24 hours or something? No idea. That's a bummer.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You never get a full refund for the full set diamond- you get a refund if you open the golden free legendary (Faelan) or regular/golden Tavern Pass diamond legendary (Finley)- though the refund period for those has ended. So you're just getting 1600 dust.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quotey posted:

Naga mage is fun. If you're reading this bt, you have missed the dust refund window for Finley and Faelin!

zach_o's list, wasn't playing this one but it's similar and probably better

https://twitter.com/ZachODR/status/1514264162943254529

AAECAdeEBQLbuQSp3gQO1OoD0OwDrvcDsvcDqIEE/J4E7bEEhLIEiLIEvLIElrcE3LkE4bkEssEEAA==

The amount of mana Spitelash can cheat out is insane. Turn 5:

Spitelash Siren
Nagaling
First Flame
Amalgam of the Deep
Second Flame
Vicious Slitherspear
Gift of Azshara
Queen Azshara
Hot Streak
Commander Sivara
Ignite

Other guy gave up before I could finish.

That deck isprobably better, I used Wildfires as a wincon instead since I like Mordesh. :v:

I've never liked mage much before but man does it have 2 fun decks now.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 14, 2022

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Yeah, I enjoyed Mech Mage last night and I faced one of those Naga Mages but I didn't think it was very impressive. Sounds like it has the goods, though.

My first hour was spent with my all-time favourite card, Tess Greymane, but sadly I couldn't get the deck to perform very well. I don't think the support is there yet but burgle rogue is obviously back on the menu so hopefully it'll get better in time. Could also just be that I don't know what I'm doing or possibly that not all the decks get solved on day one!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my gut says naga mage'll be tier 2 or 3 since it's got some really powerful turns but it's not as consistent about it as mech mage is, where basically anything can pop off.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Tin Tim posted:

Just died T4 to 40 charge damage from a priest in wild casual. They used the swap 2 minion stats card with boar and probably the darkness? Also seemed like they got lucky with their draw and mana reduction from palm reading because vivid nightmare was involved on the kill turn. Probably not a reliable otk but still yikes
Welp here we are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-3uAqPp14Y

Small lol from me if this is what ends up killing our boar boi. Probably not but who knows?

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I've been goofing around this afternoon with No Hands Gamer's Bottomfeeder Druid deck and it seems fun. Definitely plays more midrange than aggro and it feels very unrefined; lots of very questionable inclusions like Sow the Soil and Frostwolf Kennels. It is very neat when you get things going against a board based deck and fun to just create lots of extra copies of 7/9 Bottomfeeders.

### Bottom Feedings
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (1) Bottomfeeder
# 2x (1) Druid of the Reef
# 1x (1) Living Roots
# 2x (1) Pelican Diver
# 2x (1) Sow the Soil
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 1x (2) Capture Coldtooth Mine
# 2x (2) Composting
# 2x (2) Jerry Rig Carpenter
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 2x (3) Frostwolf Kennels
# 2x (3) Oracle of Elune
# 1x (3) Reefwalker
# 1x (4) Pride's Fury
# 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
# 2x (7) Frostsaber Matriarch
#
AAECAaa4Awaz7AOJiwSwpQTlsASKtwSB1AQMyfUD7PUDgfcDrIAEr4AEsIAE56QE6rkE+r0EuL4ErsAEssEEAA==
#

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Took this from D5 to legend, deck does a good time switching from fighting for the early board to just smashing them in the face with crazy Stheno and Jace turns. Multistrike is frankly disgustingly good, and with the dreadprison glaive you can do 12-16 damage to their face by crushing a big taunt minion first.

### Hunting
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (0) Sigil of Silence
# 2x (1) Dreadprison Glaive
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Multi-Strike
# 2x (2) Battleworn Vanguard
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Sigil of Summoning
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 1x (3) Crushclaw Enforcer
# 1x (3) Lady S'theno
# 2x (3) Predation
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 2x (4) Felgorger
# 2x (5) Need for Greed
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
#
AAECAaerBAjr7wON9wPQ+QOoigSHiwSEsgTbuQT7vwQLoO4DwvEDifcDjPcDyIAEhI0Eg58Etp8EyZ8EjrAEmLoEAA==
#

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

You're better than this :(

Day 2 trip report: I'm not better than this, I am scum :(

these 6 decks are literally the only decks built in my collection and all of them are in the screenshot lol

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

AnacondaHL posted:

Day 2 trip report: I'm not better than this, I am scum :(

these 6 decks are literally the only decks built in my collection and all of them are in the screenshot lol

hmmm let's see... no control. no reno cariel. no priest.

nice... well done.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
My mind is boggling that we watched a whole expansion go by, and we decided the thing to do would be to make Quest Warrior more self accelerating.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

https://imgur.com/ntKpJpF

This is the breakdown that firestone shows, hope this helps.

Battlecry control shaman from VS is a lot of fun with the amount of flexibility it has and value it can provide.

Naga Hunter so far is the most annoying thing to play against, hope it doesn't become popular, but I think it will.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Apr 14, 2022

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Gangplank Diver + Mr Smite is a hell of a combo, especially with handbuffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Pardot posted:

The pro move is to never disenchant anything unless you need it to build something and you're out of dust. Then when they nerf some common you have like 12 copies of you get 480 dust instead of 60.

Or if you end up like Kripp, with so many undusted dupes that when you finally hit the button the servers crash.