Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should port the hyrule and femblem characters to the next orochi game so you can play with them in hd at 30 fps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Akkala is so pretty... Tower was annoying as hell though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

https://twitter.com/amber_shirelle/status/1513560958450352133?s=21&t=ojTskFXJ1-MmOZBnmANt_g

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
cursed

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Lol I completely forgot about that part of LttP, that's pretty well done.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Super No Vacancy posted:

they should port the hyrule and femblem characters to the next orochi game so you can play with them in hd at 30 fps

Also so they can make jokes about the Hojo family symbol being the Triforce.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's extremely amusing to imagine Link carrying around all of the absolute random materials I've collected over the past 20+ hours of BoTW. Apples and lizards all crawling over Hinox toenails :barf:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

External Organs posted:

It's extremely amusing to imagine Link carrying around all of the absolute random materials I've collected over the past 20+ hours of BoTW. Apples and lizards all crawling over Hinox toenails :barf:

Everything just goes into stasis inside the slate

It's the only way

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This is awesome.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

External Organs posted:

And wibbly wobbly guts everywhere. Molduga guts. Moblin guts. Lynel guts. Guuuts.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I just tried to fight one of these dudes for the first time yesterday! It didn't go well! Thought me with my 12 hearts and a master sword would be sitting pretty but nooooo siree.. I couldn't even get off a lightning fury attack thing.

I did, however, work on my guardian Parry and took out some rear end in a top hat Guardian spider bros :coal:

Akkala region is a land of contrasts.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

External Organs posted:

I just tried to fight one of these dudes for the first time yesterday! It didn't go well! Thought me with my 12 hearts and a master sword would be sitting pretty but nooooo siree.. I couldn't even get off a lightning fury attack thing.

I did, however, work on my guardian Parry and took out some rear end in a top hat Guardian spider bros :coal:

Akkala region is a land of contrasts.

If the Lynel has a sword and shield, you need to back flip over the attack three times in a row to get the flurry strike. The spear Lynel or the mace Lynel are a bit different and more tricky.

https://youtu.be/CiSwOkat_Uw

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

If the Lynel has a sword and shield, you need to back flip over the attack three times in a row to get the flurry strike. The spear Lynel or the mace Lynel are a bit different and more tricky.

https://youtu.be/CiSwOkat_Uw

Gonna add these disgusting guts to my collection :cheers:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

External Organs posted:

Gonna add these disgusting guts to my collection :cheers:

Making yourself some nice attack-boosting food helps too, if you haven't got any of the attack-boosting armour yet.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Runcible Cat posted:

Making yourself some nice attack-boosting food helps too, if you haven't got any of the attack-boosting armour yet.

I've got an unupgraded barbarian armor but I do have a bunch of meals with plus attack.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Home from work with tendinitis, wanted to take a break from being mad about climate change to do trial of the sword, but I'm playing on master mode and goddamn. Even the beginning trials are exhausting me. I've upgraded every rune, yellow hearted to 30, +3 defense for 30 minutes, even have full (yellow) stamina wheel, and shits tough. Every encounter requires an elaborate dance of bombs, headshots, and regular attacks. Flurries feel too unreliable to depend on with enemy regeneration and multiple attackers.

It'd be easier if I had more permanent stamina and hearts, but I want to do it before I tackle any divine beasts. It (TotS) was one of the last things I did in my normal playthrough and I already had a bag of +savage Lionel weapons by then so it wasn't exactly rewarding.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

BRJurgis posted:

Home from work with tendinitis, wanted to take a break from being mad about climate change to do trial of the sword, but I'm playing on master mode and goddamn. Even the beginning trials are exhausting me. I've upgraded every rune, yellow hearted to 30, +3 defense for 30 minutes, even have full (yellow) stamina wheel, and shits tough. Every encounter requires an elaborate dance of bombs, headshots, and regular attacks. Flurries feel too unreliable to depend on with enemy regeneration and multiple attackers.

It'd be easier if I had more permanent stamina and hearts, but I want to do it before I tackle any divine beasts. It (TotS) was one of the last things I did in my normal playthrough and I already had a bag of +savage Lionel weapons by then so it wasn't exactly rewarding.

If you just want the boosted Master Sword and don't care about methods, you can always learn the skew methods for cheesing each trial. Glitch out of the starting area, run to the final beginner trial, stunlock the Hinox with a metal cube, repeat two times.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

BRJurgis posted:

You can eat the trees for hearts

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Mods please change my name to Lionel Weapons

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
If they made a Zelda game where you played as Zelda, which would you rather it be:

-In the classic style so Zelda takes a sword and slashes enemies to bits and uses bombs and bows and all that, with magic being limited to a few specific items
-A system where all of her Wisdom Princess Powers are what's used to fight and solve puzzles and stuff

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Why not both. Make her play like Link in BOTW but instead of sheika slate powers she gets upgraded magic with new spells that do different poo poo.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If it's specially playing as zelda then the latter, the first would be better suited for just letting you pick a different link to play.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I feel like a combo would work well too. I think basic sword/bow moves work well enough with her character that you could still use that as the core, but definitely lean into more interesting and varied magic abilities to build beyond that.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Motto posted:

If it's specially playing as zelda then the latter, the first would be better suited for just letting you pick a different link to play.

I'd also say latter. Play to her strengths, don't reinvent.

I would not write a letter of complaint if she were a Link analogue. Just saying.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m still not convinced that “The sequel to Breath of the Wild” isn’t going to pull a fake out and let you play as Zelda and hot swap as Link whenever you want.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m still not convinced that “The sequel to Breath of the Wild” isn’t going to pull a fake out and let you play as Zelda and hot swap as Link whenever you want.

I had a daydream about this and it was a pretty good 20 minutes.

In my daydream they were actually always together, and whoever you weren't controlling was either a) played by an AI, or b) played by another human ala Journey

They had cool skill interactions and coordinations and it was extremely neat.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

External Organs posted:

In my daydream they were actually always together, and whoever you weren't controlling was either a) played by an AI, or b) played by another human ala Journey

Hell, it's not as though the games haven't done companion stuff before - Medli and Makar in Wind Waker, Gongoron in Phantom Hourglass...

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

External Organs posted:

Given how much they hammed up the two of them being close in the Recalled Memories of the first game, I could totally see this being the direction they take

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I would also settle for a Zelda and Midna game :colbert:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If Zelda were playable, I think it would be a waste to have her just doing the same kinds of things that Link always does. She's a versatile character who's done well with many different styles and roles. Recent games have usually emphasized that she and Link are working together with complementary specializations, with her taking big-picture strategic actions that create the opportunity for a plucky swordboy to actually be able to make a difference.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

External Organs posted:

I would also settle for a Zelda and Midna game :colbert:

I think Midna really brings a 90s cartoon je nais sais quoi.

Wolf Zelda still fun.

Can't say that for Skyward Sword.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm just hoping (but not expecting) they don't actually have her stuck in a ganon pit the entire game, that'd be Phantom Hourglass levels of lamely wasting a good zelda you spent entire games establishing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=56fUtb95f0g&feature=youtu.be

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

I don't know why but this reminds me of the music video for Janet Jackson's "Rhythm Nation"

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

That is incredible.

I don't think I've seen Link and Zelda portrayed as Japanese.

And a decent hog-nosed Ganon.

You've done it again Cartoon Man.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I always loved how that commercial shows Ganon but he's the reveal in the game, though you can see it coming. I think it's the only time that Link's been portrayed by a female in official promotion.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Hi thread, I bought Botw yesterday and I immediately have a question:

Do the treasures / loot in the world respawn? found a sword as a treasure and it broke after couple of fights so I'm wondering if you should ever go back to places.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

Hi thread, I bought Botw yesterday and I immediately have a question:

Do the treasures / loot in the world respawn? found a sword as a treasure and it broke after couple of fights so I'm wondering if you should ever go back to places.

Most treasure chests do not respawn, but most objects that are just out in the world do respawn, along with most enemies, every time there's a Blood Moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Once you get off the plateau, you probably won't have any trouble with it between taking stuff from enemies you beat and finding set locations for certain good items (mark them on your map so you don't forget and can go back!). On the plateau at the beginning, I think enemies don't respawn and I'm not sure if items do, but there's still plenty of stuff to handle the threats if you look around though you might have to bomb or use the hidden bomb arrows if you want to take out the one Talus.