Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

barnold posted:

just need the AAF or whatever the gently caress to come back and we can get a proper pro/rel setup in this country

God, I would die for relegation in the NFL. The browns would have been relegated to playing Pop Warner teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
XFL Announces Head Coaches: Reggie Barlow, Anthony Becht, Terrell Buckley, Jim Haslett, Wade Phillips, Bob Stoops, Hines Ward and Rod Woodson

https://www.xfl.com/xfl-latest-news/xfl-announces-head-coaches

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I really have to wonder what drives someone like Wade Phillips to sign up to coach an XFL 3.0 team at the age of 74. He's widely regarded as one of the best defensive coaches of his era, has a Super Bowl ring, and surely has plenty of cash socked away. I respect it, but like what positive impact can this have on your life.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I was thinking about that earlier, and the dude might just love coaching, but not want to do it at NFL serious, so can just let his assistants run practices while he draws up some goofy poo poo he's always wanted to run as a hobby.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That was where I got too heh. Kind of a figurehead coach who can delegate anything that sucks to his underlings and just do whatever parts he enjoys.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope :baby: wins an XFL title

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I hope the XFL plays long enough for there to be a title.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Never thought I'd be talking about Anthony Becht in 2022. He coached one season as a tight end coach in the AAF and that's all his coaching experience. I have doubts.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Darth Brooks posted:

That too

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Darth Brooks posted:

It had still better be called the Million Dollar Game.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Definitely hoping this time the league makes it one season. At the very least I can see some football again without paying outrageous ticket prices.

Kalli posted:

I was thinking about that earlier, and the dude might just love coaching, but not want to do it at NFL serious, so can just let his assistants run practices while he draws up some goofy poo poo he's always wanted to run as a hobby.

Stoops is definitely in that category. Dude just wants to keep coaching football without the drama and pressure even though OU would give him a blank check to come back.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

syzpid posted:

Never thought I'd be talking about Anthony Becht in 2022. He coached one season as a tight end coach in the AAF and that's all his coaching experience. I have doubts.

Anthony "blocking tight end" Becht.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/usflstars/status/1514957171888427010?s=21&t=BMGVHFKJViraR8uDKiEWGg

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

NOTHING CAN MOVE THE BLOB (on defense)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I never liked the idea of a Philadelphia team putting a loving star on their helmet, regardless of the patriotic connections and all. All I can think of is the Cowboys.

And gently caress the Cowboys.

I'm really old and remember the original USFL and I didn't like it then either. What's wrong with the Philadelphia Freedom? Play the Elton John song, stick a flag or the Liberty Bell on your helmet and be done with it.

Also, I've mentioned it in other threads but god drat I've always felt that original Michigan Panthers helmet belongs in the Louvre.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
What is even the inspiration for the name? Just the US flag since that's where the declaration of independence /constitution was signed? Or are there a lot of celebrities in Philly? I don't see it being actual stars, I doubt you can see those in Philly

BiggerBoat posted:

I never liked the idea of a Philadelphia team putting a loving star on their helmet, regardless of the patriotic connections and all. All I can think of is the Cowboys.

And gently caress the Cowboys.

I'm really old and remember the original USFL and I didn't like it then either. What's wrong with the Philadelphia Freedom? Play the Elton John song, stick a flag or the Liberty Bell on your helmet and be done with it.

Also, I've mentioned it in other threads but god drat I've always felt that original Michigan Panthers helmet belongs in the Louvre.

Oh that's the team name from the old USFL I see

Yeah Philadelphia Freedom would be so much better. It even has alliteration. Not to mention the stars on the flag represent all the states but the team represent Philly

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Should have brought back the Philadelphia Soul

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

halokiller posted:

Stoops is definitely in that category. Dude just wants to keep coaching football without the drama and pressure even though OU would give him a blank check to come back.

Still love how Lincoln Riley bailed on Oklahoma, so Bob Stoops just rolled up and won the Alamo Bowl.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/XFL2023/status/1526679056229535751

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
4 years is assuming a lot.

Also, that's what they're going for as the new logo?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

looks good. tired of bubble letters or big planks of wood or thick sheet metal 1997 bull poo poo. it's about time we used 1970s and 80s alarm clocks

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1551353296912269313

apparently tampa/ny/la were xfl 2.0's bottom 3 in attendance

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Vertical Lime posted:

San Antonio is smart cause I remember the AAF games had pretty good attendance. Vegas is whatever. Should have tried to get a northeast team in there.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Bring back the Orlando Apollo’s from the AAF.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Gladiators games were fun. gently caress the XFL for robbing my of my team.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Vertical Lime posted:

That never surprises me. You have so much else to do, why would anyone even bother with these minor league football teams in NY/LA. Should have gotten a Philly team in there though. If the tickets are cheap enough you can always get people to show up in Philly.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

Bring back the Orlando Apollo’s from the AAF.

This but the Hartford Colonials from the UFL.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Gregggggggg has a new job.

https://twitter.com/the_markcast/status/1551356337589694464?s=20&t=HR2pbKLLrozUtWPGNCdyow

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Bruce Gradkowski

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Good for Wade Phillips

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm all in on getting tickets to the San Antonio XFL Whatever They Ares coached by Hines Ward

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I am ready to get season tickets to the BattleHawks, greatest franchise in XFL history #kawisthelaw

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Play posted:

Yeah Philadelphia Freedom would be so much better. It even has alliteration. Not to mention the stars on the flag represent all the states but the team represent Philly

Never forget the WFL’s Philadelphia Bell

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1551572951379484677

the greatest football mind in arlington, texas, yes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hooray for me, I guess. Gonna go drive to hq

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lmao Ron Zook

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

are they completely rebranding the teams or will I still be rooting for the SEATTLE DRAGONS

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

EmbryoSteve posted:

are they completely rebranding the teams or will I still be rooting for the SEATTLE DRAGONS

nothing has been said yet, but there will likely be a revolt if we don’t get the return of the Battlehawks

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Troy Queef posted:

nothing has been said yet, but there will likely be a revolt if we don’t get the return of the Battlehawks

You're right, I didn't realize it's not official yet. I know XFL 3.0 purchased the trademark so I assumed it's a fait accompli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Annoyed there's no San Diego team but Texas gets three.