Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The big difference between brass bounty and Halo stash is that the former gives you the treasures immediately, which I think makes it better in a lot of cases. The latter just feels like such a durdle card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

The Shortest Path posted:

The big difference between brass bounty and Halo stash is that the former gives you the treasures immediately, which I think makes it better in a lot of cases. The latter just feels like such a durdle card.

Immediately $50, then $75 after Sheldon writes an article about it.

In other news:

http://mythicspoiler.com/CAP/cards/ognisthedragonslash.html

More treasure generation! Cute with Dash, Unearth, the new mechanic Blitz, and pretty much just anything that can give all your creatures Haste.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I like it. A fairly straightforward and open ended commander that rewards aggro strategies.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Halo Stash seems cute but bad at 6 mana. I’d much rather be in a scenario where I’m set up to abuse Brass’s Bounty, cast it then immediately get paid off vs casting Halo, waiting a turn then getting the Brass’s Bounty effect. I’m sure Halo Stash will have a place in casual commander token strategies but it’s not anywhere close to universally good enough to command a $50 price tag.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Well this is getting jammed directly into my Gargos deck

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Did we know this was going to be a treasure themed set?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

LeafHouse posted:

Halo Stash seems cute but bad at 6 mana. I’d much rather be in a scenario where I’m set up to abuse Brass’s Bounty, cast it then immediately get paid off vs casting Halo, waiting a turn then getting the Brass’s Bounty effect. I’m sure Halo Stash will have a place in casual commander token strategies but it’s not anywhere close to universally good enough to command a $50 price tag.

It's potentially game-winning if you want to use it that way, there's plenty of loops you can do like candelebra / disciple of vault / unwinding clock / and a 6 mana enchantment

But that's like 4 things. I think ideally you'd have the mana to cast it off treasures. It certainly could do some work in Chatterfang decks if you want and there's a lot of new sacrifice type things for Jund now in addition to Korvald.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Things get personal as the Commander VS crew bring their private Commander MTG decks to the table. Who will win their latest 100-card battle royale?

E: Mostly posting to get people's opinions on the deck lists when compared to other EDH content creators.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Batterypowered7 posted:

Immediately $50, then $75 after Sheldon writes an article about it.

In other news:

http://mythicspoiler.com/CAP/cards/ognisthedragonslash.html

More treasure generation! Cute with Dash, Unearth, the new mechanic Blitz, and pretty much just anything that can give all your creatures Haste.

Nifty! Will be very nice with the Concordant Crossroads I'll have... eventually.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

I play against Jeremy’s deck all the time so I have opinions on it lol

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Bust Rodd posted:

Did we know this was going to be a treasure themed set?

Every set is a treasure set now

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Balon posted:

I play against Jeremy’s deck all the time so I have opinions on it lol

Is it a 7?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Etrata the Silencer is getting more viable with each set

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

It’s a nightmare

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Heath posted:

Etrata the Silencer is getting more viable with each set

A buddy of mine had an interesting-yet-lacking deck a couple years back built around subbing her out with ninjutsu after damage was dealt to avoid the "shuffle into deck" trigger, but it always ended up being too complicated and fragile for too little return.

More ways to add hit counters to creatures could certainly push it up into the "fun jank" category

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Toph Bei Fong posted:

A buddy of mine had an interesting-yet-lacking deck a couple years back built around subbing her out with ninjutsu after damage was dealt to avoid the "shuffle into deck" trigger, but it always ended up being too complicated and fragile for too little return.

More ways to add hit counters to creatures could certainly push it up into the "fun jank" category

Hello,

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Lmao, what are the odds?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Right. And I checked, Etrata only checks for the number of creatures in exile with hit counters on them. If you let her get some counters on them you can just Etrata in for the kill.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, I lost Game once because I figured I'd be safe letting her through once but didn't realize the alt win condition counted each creature individually in a mutant stack.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, I lost Game once because I figured I'd be safe letting her through once but didn't realize the alt win condition counted each creature individually in a mutant stack.

You lost The Game, you say?

E:

I do like the idea of Etrata with a bunch of Ninjutsu creatures.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 14, 2022

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Let me know if they get posted anywhere on a real deck site. I ain't wading through SCGs grotesque decklists.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Let me know if they get posted anywhere on a real deck site. I ain't wading through SCGs grotesque decklists.

They were originally written on the wall using feces.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Mercenaries what

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Grevlek posted:

Mercenaries what

for real

what next, a rakish band of Rebels that show up when we return to Dominaria? Because that's what we need, a callback to another 22-year-old archetype. :rolleyes:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Rebels were Mercadia

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I guess Mercenary is the creature type that Gavin mentioned would finally be getting a tribe matters commander?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

When we return to Dominaria, give me retro frames where you REALLY commit by making the type line for creatures “Summon _____” where nine times out of ten the blank is the full name of the creature.

Also interrupts.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Aniodia posted:

for real

what next, a rakish band of Rebels that show up when we return to Dominaria? Because that's what we need, a callback to another 22-year-old archetype. :rolleyes:

I would love a black/white rebel mercenary commander personally.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Woke up this morning to a blurry preview card I can’t read causing a bunch of worthless dollar rares I own to spike into the 20’s and 30’s, preview seasons both rips and slaps

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Woke up this morning to a blurry preview card I can’t read causing a bunch of worthless dollar rares I own to spike into the 20’s and 30’s, preview seasons both rips and slaps

Which blurry preview?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I don’t know dude, I didn’t shell out for LASIK to try and read poo poo like this

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t know dude, I didn’t shell out for LASIK to try and read poo poo like this

An opponent chooses a dude in your yard and reanimates them under their control. The creature gains Haste and is Goaded. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.

There's more words that I can't read, but that's the gist of it.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
More importantly what bulk rares did it spike?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Framboise posted:

More importantly what bulk rares did it spike?

Leveller, etc.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Leveller, etc.

Leveler and Inverter of Truth both still cheap.

E:

Lol, works well with Phage too.

E2:

{T}: Target opponent whose turn it is puts target nonlegendary creature card from your graveyard onto the battlefield under their control. It gains haste. Goad it. At the beginning of the next end step, exile it.

Booo, non-legendary.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 14, 2022

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So now that preorders for New Capenna stuff are available, I was hoping for a bit of info on the different types of boosters, specifically draft vs. set. I'm already planning on buying a collector booster box, probably one commander deck, and then a box of either the draft/set boosters.

I've read this link to get a sense for them, but I dunno, I guess.. I still don't see a large difference between the two? Is The List cards in the set boosters the biggest draw for them? There are more rare possibilities from the set boosters but at the tradeoff of the basic lands, right? Do the triome lands count as 'basic lands' or would those be rare cards?

Someone please help me budget this, my family is starvingin Halo withdrawal!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

So now that preorders for New Capenna stuff are available, I was hoping for a bit of info on the different types of boosters, specifically draft vs. set. I'm already planning on buying a collector booster box, probably one commander deck, and then a box of either the draft/set boosters.

I've read this link to get a sense for them, but I dunno, I guess.. I still don't see a large difference between the two? Is The List cards in the set boosters the biggest draw for them? There are more rare possibilities from the set boosters but at the tradeoff of the basic lands, right? Do the triome lands count as 'basic lands' or would those be rare cards?

Someone please help me budget this, my family is starvingin Halo withdrawal!

Triomes are Rare and therefore not in the basic land slot.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Idea:

As commander, with

And

And like a shitload of fat loving eldrazi.

Viable?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Not even a little. I don't think any of this works the way you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Batterypowered7 posted:

Triomes are Rare and therefore not in the basic land slot.

Cool beans, thanks!

I guess I just need to decide if I'm going to buy both a set and a booster, or just one or the other. Buying both will probably zero out my cardboard budget for the rest of the year, since I've gone kinda ham recently, but also I love all of the everything of New Capenna so... :psyduck: