Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

ex post facho posted:

it's going to loving suck watching Republicans call a constitutional convention and continue moving the u.s. to an official fascist Christian theocracy, but the dems have seen this coming for a long time and promptly jammed their thumbs up their assholes as hard as they could

Actually it's gonna be loving hilarious, death to America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

christmas boots posted:

My secret hope is that Trump runs in 2024 but as a Democrat this time. We're completely unprepared for this as a nation and it would be truly something magnificent to behold.

it'd be funny, but he wouldn't get through the primary. the dnc can arbitrarily declare a victor at any time for any reason.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

christmas boots posted:

My secret hope is that Trump runs in 2024 but as a Democrat this time. We're completely unprepared for this as a nation and it would be truly something magnificent to behold.
"I'm going to become the Democratic president, and they'll have to show me all their secret documents that prove they stole the election. And then I'm going to put them all in jail for treason. - Trump at the Democratic National Convention

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it'd be funny, but he wouldn't get through the primary. the dnc can arbitrarily declare a victor at any time for any reason.
Nothing more bipartisan than convincing a former president to cross the aisle and be your president. Would be extremely non-decorous to not give him a shot to rehabilitate himself.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

IAMKOREA posted:

Actually it's gonna be loving hilarious, death to America

yup. I’m a filthy computer toucher, and lmao if you’re also a computer toucher in America and you’re not socking away your pennies and carefully planning a move somewhere that isn’t America like I am, so that we can laugh at the crumbling of America from afar marginally before climate change/international societal collapse/giant meteor/elder god reckoning or whatever makes the place we’ve escaped to crumble back into the primordial mud of civilization too

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the zanarkand abes, boy, those fellas could play some blitzball

As Biden gives a speech, he sees the specters of Tidus and Jecht in the audience giving him a thumb's up and begins to tear up. The young people today might not remember, but he does.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Justus posted:

yup. I’m a filthy computer toucher, and lmao if you’re also a computer toucher in America and you’re not socking away your pennies and carefully planning a move somewhere that isn’t America like I am, so that we can laugh at the crumbling of America from afar marginally before climate change/international societal collapse/giant meteor/elder god reckoning or whatever makes the place we’ve escaped to crumble back into the primordial mud of civilization too

you can leave the country but you’re not going to be able to escape the collapse

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Trabisnikof posted:

you can leave the country but you’re not going to be able to escape the collapse

for real. where is this magic place you rich computer toucher will go?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mawarannahr posted:

Mars

copy
Jul 26, 2007

christmas boots posted:

lmfao my god its beautiful

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

jeffrey is going to take all the computer touchers of the forums away to his private bunker island

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Lol just gonna packy my baggy and go to one of those nations with a western standard of living that's not turning fascist such as

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7wjq3/democrats-gop-pedophile-attacks

they're not gonna bother defending themselves against pedophile accusations because Americans care more about pocketbook issues.

But also they won't do anything about that because they don't want Joe Manchon to cry

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

christmas boots posted:

He would get 90% of the vote

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

the grave

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!
The only assurance with a 2024 trump dem run is that bernie will once again get ratfucked by the dnc

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

sure, but I might have one, even two weeks after I relocate from a lovely apartment in America to a different lovely apartment in Copenhagen to laugh at america before I have to trade the rest of my computer toucher money for five boxes of instant ramen and 50 rounds of .22LR and then it will all be worth it. no, the deal won’t include a gun, I’ll just be throwing the bullets at scavengers with my hands while frantically eating my dry noodles and snarling like a dog

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Justus posted:

I already got the gently caress out bro one step ahead of you lmao

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Manager Hoyden posted:

Lol just gonna packy my baggy and go to one of those nations with a western standard of living that's not turning fascist such as

I mean there are a ton of countries nicer to live in than America that don't have a "western standard" of living, like every single South American country for example, but this dude apparently plans to move to Copenhagen so um keep saving I guess the kroner exchange rate sucks rear end.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Justus posted:

sure, but I might have one, even two weeks after I relocate from a lovely apartment in America to a different lovely apartment in Copenhagen to laugh at america before I have to trade the rest of my computer toucher money for five boxes of instant ramen and 50 rounds of .22LR and then it will all be worth it. no, the deal won’t include a gun, I’ll just be throwing the bullets at scavengers with my hands while frantically eating my dry noodles and snarling like a dog

you’re going to find an apartment in Copenhagen? do you know how easy that is to do now? will it get easier? :allears:

ps, Europe isn’t likely to be all peaceful all the time. it might get pretty spicy

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Justus posted:

lmao if you think that any place that might doing better than America is gonna just be letting people in if the world keeps going to poo poo. We're all stuck here, might as well make the best of it.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Justus posted:

spoken like someone who doesn't understand danish politics. if america is collapsing, chances are you'd end up getting put into a north african refugee camp after having your possessions confiscated to pay for your stay.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

ps, Europe isn’t likely to be all peaceful all the time. it might get pretty spicy

hell, Europe is not peaceful right now!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Manager Hoyden posted:

lol dat probe

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Justus posted:

the great lakes region is literally going to be the best place in the world to be during the water wars

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

my hope for the future is to be killed in an interesting way

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Justus posted:

This is just written for you Justus: these other people are making fun of you for wanting to leave but you're totally right to want to and you can do it if you are serious about it. I did. Your big mistake is thinking you need to save up to move abroad. You can move abroad right now and get a job and visa wherever you move to. Actually, getting a job will make it way easier to get a visa. Copenhagen doesn't need random unemployed Americans living there permanently but they do need front end developers or whatever you know how to do. Your other mistake is thinking you need to live in one of the richest countries. There are a ton of nice countries to live in, almost anywhere is better than America. Poland, for instance is really nice with lots of jobs and a low cost of living.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

anyone in the US hoping for better than that over the next 50 years is probably going to be very disappointed

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

A Buttery Pastry posted:

spoken like someone who doesn't understand danish politics. if america is collapsing, chances are you'd end up getting put into a north african refugee camp after having your possessions confiscated to pay for your stay.

no not THAT lovely apartment in Copenhagen, the other lovely apartment in Copenhagen. the one in my soul, the promised land where I hang out with all the other lucky ducky bernie bros getting fat on free college together and there’s definitely no fascists or ecological collapse because that only happens in America, that we’ll all be laughing at

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
any country dumb enough to allow americans it emigrate there will be destroyed by those americans in time. hard to say how long it'll take but our stupidity is corrosive and unstoppable. anything that is good in the world, america will find and destroy

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

IAMKOREA posted:

This is just written for you Justus: these other people are making fun of you for wanting to leave but you're totally right to want to and you can do it if you are serious about it. I did. Your big mistake is thinking you need to save up to move abroad. You can move abroad right now and get a job and visa wherever you move to. Actually, getting a job will make it way easier to get a visa. Copenhagen doesn't need random unemployed Americans living there permanently but they do need front end developers or whatever you know how to do. Your other mistake is thinking you need to live in one of the richest countries. There are a ton of nice countries to live in, almost anywhere is better than America. Poland, for instance is really nice with lots of jobs and a low cost of living.

an effort response? ugh, well the real answer is I am actually planning on moving away from the US, and haven’t actually settled on where exactly, but I’m kinda leaning towards either doing the D7 visa in Portugal or the Dutch-America friendship treaty visa in Netherlands, mainly because those would be relatively hassle free ways that don’t require being sponsored by big company for a work visa or going to school for a student visa. it’s not purely a political temper tantrum on my part but really because I’m an electronics engineer doing hardware design, I’m increasingly finding side work outside my main job that i find more lucrative and fun to do and I’d kinda like to transition towards doing that full time, but I really just don’t wanna deal with American healthcare when you don’t have a corporation you belong to. and I think it would be legitimately interesting to try living somewhere that doesn’t speak English as a main language, which I’ve never tried before.

no, I don’t harbor any particular illusions about “escaping the collapse” or that somewhere else is somehow a communist neverland that’s perfectly free of the neoliberal hegemony or whatever. but that’s really not nearly as funny though

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

IAMKOREA posted:

Your other mistake is thinking you need to live in one of the richest countries. There are a ton of nice countries to live in, almost anywhere is better than America. Poland, for instance is really nice with lots of jobs and a low cost of living.
Also, it's worth checking if you're eligible for citizenship in any EU country, ideally a Schengen country, even if you don't intend to live there. With an EU citizenship, you don't need to worry about visas and poo poo for most of Europe, you can just move to wherever you actually want to live no hassle. For now.

Justus posted:

and I think it would be legitimately interesting to try living somewhere that doesn’t speak English as a main language, which I’ve never tried before.
If the Dutch are anything like Danes, and I'm pretty sure they are, you will not get to speak Dutch. The moment they pick up on you being American, they'll immediately switch to English and never stop.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Also, it's worth checking if you're eligible for citizenship in any EU country, ideally a Schengen country, even if you don't intend to live there. With an EU citizenship, you don't need to worry about visas and poo poo for most of Europe, you can just move to wherever you actually want to live no hassle. For now.

If the Dutch are anything like Danes, and I'm pretty sure they are, you will not get to speak Dutch. The moment they pick up on you being American, they'll immediately switch to English and never stop.

ngl european freedom of movement is a big part of why I zeroed in on Portugal and Netherlands in particular. I hope it lasts long enough to enjoy for awhile. the single easiest place for me to go is probably Israel, through right of return, since I’m Jewish, but even I’m not awful enough to wanna go live in a subsidized gated community in the occupied territory.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

IAMKOREA posted:

I mean there are a ton of countries nicer to live in than America that don't have a "western standard" of living, like every single South American country for example, but this dude apparently plans to move to Copenhagen so um keep saving I guess the kroner exchange rate sucks rear end.

and let's be honest: with the way actual infrastructure spending (not epic hyperloops and more highways to nowhere) is going in the West that "Western standard of living" will not mean poo poo in a little while

Pat Wyman noted that Rome didn't crumble all at once: just that things broke, and no one fixed them. Sound familiar?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
the democrats might be trying to destroy the forums but they can't stop me from posting!!!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Isentropy posted:

and let's be honest: with the way actual infrastructure spending (not epic hyperloops and more highways to nowhere) is going in the West that "Western standard of living" will not mean poo poo in a little while

Pat Wyman noted that Rome didn't crumble all at once: just that things broke, and no one fixed them. Sound familiar?

the real plan was to be a settler all along!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

it appears the democrats played the reverse card on this thread

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

mastershakeman posted:

the great lakes region is literally going to be the best place in the world to be during the water wars

You won’t be allowed to just take a bucket and go get water. Tough times, gotta ration and make sure everyone only gets what they need! The government will sell it at cost pay Coca-Cola and Nestle to bottle it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

empty whippet box posted:

they already are, they already can't and won't do anything. all they do is campaign and collect paychecks

I want to move into a hard red district, live there for five years, then announce my candidacy for some office. Make a bunch of hard-left statements and just grift my way to a house on the beach.

Of course the problem with my plan is that voting Dem/donating to dems will be a felony after the Gleichschaltung of January 2025.

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

He would get 90% of the vote

A Trmp / Adams ticket would be unstoppable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Yeah, but what makes you think that they would?