Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

ninjahedgehog posted:

Look, I get not knowing about the Doolittle Raid, but if the clue is asking for an Axis capital and your competitors have already eliminated Berlin and Rome, how on earth do you not slam that buzzer for Tokyo :psyduck:

“What is Budapest?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Ken is back Monday :toot:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I got irrationally angry at "the edict of Nantssss" today.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Ken is back Monday :toot:

Hooray

Since it seems that he is a much better host, what are the chances he gets the gig full-time? Given Mayim is under contract as host and he isn't, she likely holds the cards here which makes it tricky.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Island Nation posted:

Hooray

Since it seems that he is a much better host, what are the chances he gets the gig full-time? Given Mayim is under contract as host and he isn't, she likely holds the cards here which makes it tricky.

Are the daily ratings any different for the two hosts?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

LOL I mean thank you for offering but sadface I am not eligible.

I did tick the "have you been on the show before?" box.

HookShot fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 9, 2022

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

HookShot posted:

COME FIGHT ME

I got a spam call from a Cali area code the other day and I was FURIOUS that it wasn't my call

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

HookShot posted:

lmao same

i'm actually double ineligible :getin: watch this space

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Spokes posted:

lmao same

Omg yesssss

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Poque posted:

COME FIGHT ME

I got a spam call from a Cali area code the other day and I was FURIOUS that it wasn't my call
What's up fellow contestant pool buddy! I know that feeling well.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Island Nation posted:

Hooray

We live in the worst timeline. Mayim is getting the gig long term.

Spokes posted:

lmao same

Omg I really want to know what show.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I love Mattea and I’m glad I get to watch her with the good host on Monday.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Being from Georgia, I had to cringe when Bialik mispronounced "Vidalia".

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Mister Kingdom posted:

Fortunately, very few people in Vidalia had to hear it because of severe weather alerts interrupting the broadcast.

Can't really fault on her on that, though, after hearing Atlanta newspeople botch Taliaferro on a number of occasions.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Hell yeah! Ken is back!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Good game, too, aside from a whole category's worth of clues being left on the board!

I also couldn't come up with anything better than "bov" :negative:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I literally thought vac ??? and still somehow didn't get it.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I came up with sus with three seconds to go, praying there was some Latin root to it

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

By some miracle, I could remember cow had 'vac' as its root because of Cabeza de Vaca.

ninjahedgehog posted:

I came up with sus with three seconds to go, praying there was some Latin root to it

Pig

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The Sean posted:

As for Mayim doing a bad job, I don't think she realizes it. I'm curious how the "stop saying ''single jeopardy'" conversation went down because I can only assume someone told her to officially stop doing that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkE5To01M6U

Mister Kingdom posted:

Vahdaayuh (this is the official pronunciation)

Fitzy Fitz fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 12, 2022

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
champ wearing a smoking jacket :allears: i love her

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I am really hoping that that jacket was intended to evoke the SNL Five-Timers Club.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ken actually seems like he has fun hosting which alone is a big difference. Like he actually enjoys seeing contestants play well and can feel their pain if they screw up.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I watched an episode if Rock & Roll Jeopardy! last night and thought they should have just called Jeff Probst to host after watching it.

gently caress, dig up Rush Limbaugh's fuckin corpse and put him behind the podium. Anybody but Mayim again.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Star Man posted:

gently caress, dig up Rush Limbaugh's fuckin corpse and put him behind the podium. Anybody but Mayim again.

WHOLESOME: Jeopardy! producers to remind viewers Rush Limbaugh is dead 5 times a week

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Thank you for linking this.

So she blames everyone else on the set and that the sheet she's given says "single jeopardy" despite other hosts not reading it that way (and that she didn't always read it like that).

The Sean fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 13, 2022

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ken actually seems like he has fun hosting which alone is a big difference. Like he actually enjoys seeing contestants play well and can feel their pain if they screw up.

Ken is also a lot more natural with his banter during the interview portion of the show. Mayim, I think, struggles with knowing how to respond to contestants' stories (I can relate to that, tbh) and feels forced. Ken seems like he genuinely enjoys hearing their stories.

Context
Sep 11, 2006

The Sean posted:

Thank you for linking this.

So she blames everyone else on the set and that the sheet she's given says "single jeopardy" despite other hosts not reading it that way (and that she didn't always read it like that).

And then Kelly Clarkson (who I don’t really fault here) wheels it around to “why do those nerds even care so much - worry about something that actually matters”, and Bialik goes right along with it. No acknowledgment that Jeopardy is one of the few remaining pieces of mainstream pop culture that celebrates intellectualism, or of the history of the institution that she’s fronting. She just shows up, reads the paper in front of her, and listens to the voices in her earpiece.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I'd pick Kelly Clarkson to host Jeopardy over Mayim, tbh

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ninjahedgehog posted:

I'd pick Kelly Clarkson to host Jeopardy over Mayim, tbh

:same:

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Context posted:

And then Kelly Clarkson (who I don’t really fault here) wheels it around to “why do those nerds even care so much - worry about something that actually matters”, and Bialik goes right along with it. No acknowledgment that Jeopardy is one of the few remaining pieces of mainstream pop culture that celebrates intellectualism, or of the history of the institution that she’s fronting. She just shows up, reads the paper in front of her, and listens to the voices in her earpiece.

Yeah, I don't fault Kelly, either. She' s just going along with the conversation. If this was a "serious" news show (and plenty of them are terrible) I'd want a more nuanced reaction. But also, if "complaining about making up phrasing for Jeopardy! shouldn't happen because we could be talking about homelessness" then... "why even talk about Jeopardy!"? The clip is really good for explaining (as the poster who quoted me responded to) how did she stop saying Single Jeopardy?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

HookShot posted:

Omg yesssss

Duckman2008 posted:

Omg I really want to know what show.

cat's out, 00:16 and 00:22 for me :)

https://abc.com/shows/the-chase/video/vdka27432873

No word on air date yet but i'll share when i've got it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hell yes dude

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

why didn’t “baton pass” count?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
The clue specifically said seven letters. You could almost see Ken counting it in his head to see if he could accept it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I said pass off. I wonder if they would have accepted that.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

1glitch0 posted:

I said pass off. I wonder if they would have accepted that.

This feels like something they would say no to and then maybe Ken would have an announcement from the judges after the commercial break.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Spokes posted:

Awesome, congrats!!

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Spokes posted:

Sweet dance at :22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I've seen a lot more personal messages and jokes in Final Jeopardy! answers lately, is this due to the new producer maybe?