Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The big question with adventurer plates is does the server validate that your profile pose is valid or is that only done client side? If the server doesn't, how long until someone makes a mod to upload invalid poses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

kinda like the crystal rank frame but idk if I have it in me to get past, like, platinum, without neglecting other jobs or just games that I want to play lol

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I stole the loss.jpg thing from the other guy, sorry

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJ posted:

The big question with adventurer plates is does the server validate that your profile pose is valid or is that only done client side? If the server doesn't, how long until someone makes a mod to upload invalid poses?

I heard someone say it was actually displaying modded images when they had them active.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I heard someone say it was actually displaying modded images when they had them active.

I’ve shared my plate here and my mods are visible, yes. The display is client side.

I’m pretty sure what the server is actually saving is the camera and lighting information, the posing, the internal data for what character model to desplay (ie. Female seeker miqo’te face 2, hair blah blah blah, etc), and the current equipment at time of the portrait being made and not an actual photo.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 13, 2022

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what do you get for subscribing to the mobile app anyway

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Waiting on Adventurer Plates 1.0 that can play an entire emote or action animation on loop from the instant portrait, and Adventurer Plates 2.0 where you get a full Titantron entrance video as you walk to the ring Crystal Conflict.

Super No Vacancy posted:

Another 75 saddlebag slots, a retainer, and you can gently caress with your MB listings from work using your phone more than once a day.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

CJ posted:

Anyone silly enough to upload modified pose data to the server is opening themselves up for an easily verified can of whoop rear end. lol

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Super No Vacancy posted:

Your very own gTome Poetix. The /tomestone emote.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmm i have that emote i think i just got it for installing and connecting the app. but theres more plate designs for subscribing apparently

Thundarr posted:

Waiting on Adventurer Plates 1.0 that can play an entire emote or action animation on loop from the instant portrait, and Adventurer Plates 2.0 where you get a full Titantron entrance video as you walk to the ring Crystal Conflict.

Another 75 saddlebag slots, a retainer, and you can gently caress with your MB listings from work using your phone more than once a day.

ahh well i guess thats not bad if you were gonna pay for a retainer

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Thundarr posted:

BAHGAWD THAT'S HO'RNY-ON MAIN''S MUSIC :bahgawd:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

the tomestone portrait frame and background seen here are companion app only, with a couple variations, plus there's the moogle and minion stickers as portrait accents

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Kerrzhe posted:

the tomestone portrait frame and background seen here are companion app only, with a couple variations, plus there's the moogle and minion stickers as portrait accents

If I did it ages ago and then dropped the app do I have to do it again for these background bits?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Detheros posted:

BAHGAWD THAT'S HO'RNY-ON MAIN''S MUSIC :bahgawd:

They'll need to implement a way to fill a match in progress when somebody gets broken in half goes linkdead so you can have a run-in.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Your very own gTome Poetix. The /tomestone emote.

I believe you get that emote for free, after you sign in to the app once whether or not you're paying for the premium version.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Really enjoyed picking every "bully your friends" dialogue choice in this patch.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm starting to think that adventurer plates are a secret ploy to force everyone itt to post char pictures.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

For the housing lottery, can I only put in a deposit for one house, or can I deposit to as many as I can afford to up my chances?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Anyone silly enough to upload modified pose data to the server is opening themselves up for an easily verified can of whoop rear end. lol

I'm not saying i'd risk it, but there are people who openly use emotes that an unmodded client can't use in Limsa. I'm more interested in if it's possible.

Barreft posted:

For the housing lottery, can I only put in a deposit for one house, or can I deposit to as many as I can afford to up my chances?

One bid per lottery period. Choose wisely. Don't be one of the morons who bids on day 1 then whines about it. One interesting thing is the main wards have a lot more bids than subwards. This might just be because the people stupid enough to bid on day 1 are also stupid enough not to check subwards.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CJ posted:

I'm not saying i'd risk it, but there are people who openly use emotes that an unmodded client can't use in Limsa. I'm more interested in if it's possible.

One bid per lottery period. Choose wisely. Don't be one of the morons who bids on day 1 then whines about it. One interesting thing is the main wards have a lot more bids than subwards. This might just be because the people stupid enough to bid on day 1 are also stupid enough not to check subwards.

I've been looking around the plots, and seeing how the end isn't for a few more days and some plots are at 14 people already, it seems stupid cause why not wait til the day before and find the least deposited houses and bid then increasing my chances?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'm starting to think that adventurer plates are a secret ploy to force everyone itt to post char pictures.

As if we need an excuse.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
One thing I don't get is why are there 18 wards for FC houses but only 6 for private houses? Do the devs get a kick out of so many people not being able to buy a house?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Macaluso posted:

One thing I don't get is why are there 18 wards for FC houses but only 6 for private houses? Do the devs get a kick out of so many people not being able to buy a house?

An FC house caters to more people, and there's FC stuff (airships) that requires a house .

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I just got Chewy from the level 90 Woodland Exploration venture and sold it for 10m gil. :v:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Barreft posted:

I've been looking around the plots, and seeing how the end isn't for a few more days and some plots are at 14 people already, it seems stupid cause why not wait til the day before and find the least deposited houses and bid then increasing my chances?

Because you put the minimum of thought into it, which is more than a lot of people.

I think the last day is going to be a bit of a information race. There will be a lot of people who are holding off their bid to near the end, but because of that the number of people per plot will probably be in flux at the end. If you want to be absolutely optimal you should have some plan for getting up to date information, but just waiting to the last few hours will probably be good enough.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Barreft posted:

my small FC all went in immediately within like 5 hours of the servers being up because having a big "10 people are already invested here" sign deters other people from a plot you want

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Onean posted:

I wanted to mention that they not only changed the Moenbryda minion text, but the Succubus one too.

Edit: They haven't removed it, it's still on the tooltip for the icon, I just misremembered where it was at.

Ohh, so that's the bit of background lore that's being referenced in the Noumenon restricted section. When I saw the book that was written by an "Unnamed Goldsmith," I spent a horrified few seconds wondering if Julyan is actually a voidsent.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

the new crystal gunblade gave me an excuse to re-do my glam and actually use this top finally :v:

wish more of the crystal weapons were this vibe, it's really cool but stands out when you look at the others lol

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
The PVP is still miserable and I don't know why people are enjoying it. You can't tell what's going on, there's a lot of instant kills, and the matchmaker will randomly throw one guy with triple the rank of everyone else on one team and the other gets stomped.

Loving these portraits though.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

acumen posted:

They definitely took some inspiration from mobas for the new pvp actions. I did the Pyke thing with my ninja, feels great

Also glad I'm not the only one having CC portrait issues. That default driver's license photo brings much shame.

Actually I think you'll find that that's an Axe thing from Dota :colbert:

AST ult is just Dazzle's old ult which is great because that ult was also great.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Portraits and plates are good.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Okay so just in between all the pics (i love them!) am I right in the way I'm going towards the house lottery or no?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

The PVP is still miserable and I don't know why people are enjoying it. You can't tell what's going on, there's a lot of instant kills, and the matchmaker will randomly throw one guy with triple the rank of everyone else on one team and the other gets stomped.

this might sound like a stupid question but are you playing ranked or casual

i was having a miserable time until i found out everyone i knew that was having fun were doing casual because you still get currency and EXP and whatnot from it and then everything became a lot easier/more fun when i went over to casual :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

Loving these portraits though.

To try and sum it up in a single sentence, instead of designing like there was more to the mode than the reality of it, they are leaning into the wind of it being a laggy clusterfuck by design and letting everyone take a piece of the action by making everything OP as heck.

The reason people are enjoying it is now everyone can get OP kills, even you, and when you do it owns!!