Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
finishing a season of blitzball and seeing the grand prize for the next season still isnt the thing you need for wakkas weapon, its the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

did you read the post you quoted
Lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

elf help book posted:

did you read the post you quoted

i hosed up

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've done most of the sigils in FFX, possibly all of them. Lightning dodging is super lovely but Lulu's Onion Knight is the best weapon in any FF imo

The blitzball stuff does take awhile and seconding how crushing It is whenever you're waiting for Wakka's reels or sigil to come and it's like a megalixir or something instead. The last time I played I couldn't finish the chocobo mini game though and got too frustrated. I always just googled the passwords for the airship too tbh. For the butterflies I believe if you do it earlier you get an easier butterfly maze. I need to finally 100% the X and X-2 remasters and do all the weapon stuff.

I beat the Dark Aeons to maybe Bahamut or something before they became too hard to beat without completing all sphere grids. I also tried the strongest monster in the monster arena but he has an attack that's a squad wipe and you never know if he'll do it so you have to summon an Aeon to tank every time it's his turn. I could never kill him before running out of Aeons because you need every character to have like 255 speed and strength and exclusively attack with quick hit.

I like the sphere grid for most of the game but once you get towards end game and especially post game you just end up with 6 identical characters apart from Yuna summoning and Wakka's reels.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

I also tried the strongest monster in the monster arena but he has an attack that's a squad wipe and you never know if he'll do it so you have to summon an Aeon to tank every time it's his turn. I could never kill him before running out of Aeons because you need every character to have like 255 speed and strength and exclusively attack with quick hit.

I like the sphere grid for most of the game but once you get towards end game and especially post game you just end up with 6 identical characters apart from Yuna summoning and Wakka's reels.

I'm ok to just say I don't want to do that. The sheer grind is masochistic.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You only need to do it for Yuna, Wakka, and two others but agreed it's not a fun grind at all and I never did it. Maybe with speed up (assuming this is in the remaster) and a podcast it wouldn't be too painful to farm for an afternoon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I grew up with the PAL version of FFX that had all the hard poo poo in it and it did huge damage to my interest in the series. Until that point I'd 100% all the optional poo poo in the previous entries and then the grind 255 in every stat sphere grid challenges came along. Even if it was just collecting the celestial weapons it would have been the most annoying grind in the series. Still buttmad 20 years later.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Tbh I like all the terrible minigames to get those items, even the lightning bolts as a stupid challenge. But the monster capturing and grinding arena bosses to cap stats to fight overtuned enemies is just not appealing to me. Also I lost my save so I can't do it anyway, oh well I should just play X-2

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I did all the mini games and I fought in the monster arena enough that everyone had 255 of every stat but luck, lol. but I don't think I'll ever do it again.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Nostradingus posted:

What's wrong with it.

The upscaling AI used on the backgrounds creates a lot of smudging and weird edging, and the performance is worse than the original ps1 game somehow.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Lightning dodging is easy to cheese + boring as hell, 0.0 on the chocobo race is impossible, which was lucky for me because I didn't have to bother catching butterflies or spend 1000 hours grinding in the monster arena on account of I wasn't getting 100% anyway.

FFX generally kicks rear end though, maybe my fave in the series.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

worst part of chocobo racing is that youve actually got to get less than 0.0, the first time i got exactly 0 and didnt get it is one of my worst gaming moments ever

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

worst part of chocobo racing is that youve actually got to get less than 0.0, the first time i got exactly 0 and didnt get it is one of my worst gaming moments ever

Yeah lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the two issues with chocobo racing are that there is an element of luck involved in it and that the main challenge is invisible walls. it's easy enough that it takes like 5 or fewer tries and it's fairly quick to retry it if you fail. lightning dodge is pretty easy, but 200 is just a lot, and if you gently caress up once, you have to start over - you mostly just lose from boredom. the butterflies is very definitely the worst.

i sort of like the stupid cactuar chasing thing, though, the little "he's gone walkabout....... gone for good" epitaphs are creepy. i also like blitzball but i have to admit that it's stupid. it's easy, they make you do wayyy too much of it, and the way leveling works, it's better to spend most of the game just passing the ball back and forth between your guys instead of trying to score. i just find it relaxing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

finishing a season of blitzball and seeing the grand prize for the next season still isnt the thing you need for wakkas weapon, its the worst

eugghh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did the cheating blitzball tactic where you go up 1-0 and then hide behind the net until time runs out.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I started listening to that ffx podcast and I love it lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lmao

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

ffx is so sick.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The hardest part of dodging the lightning is keeping count.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fungah! posted:

its also complete RNG where the balloons will be and if you dont get enough balloons on the right side you lose right away and have to do it all over again lmao

lol

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 13, 2022

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

elf help book posted:

lol don't play blitzball until prizes show up, reset blitzball until prizes show up (I'm also pretty sure they always show up if the requirements are done so go beat up more monsters with Wakka)

tao of lmao posted:

The hardest part of dodging the lightning is keeping count.

This is true. I don't keep count anymore, I just go for 25 ish minutes and it works out

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

turning on podcasts to ruin th e things i enjoy

i used to listen to some lovely dark souls podcast when i worked years ago and it actively made me angrier than if i was listening to nothing at all lol.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Hizke posted:

i used to listen to some lovely dark souls podcast when i worked years ago and it actively made me angrier than if i was listening to nothing at all lol.

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hizke posted:

Lol cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hizke posted:

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Hizke posted:

Lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/_dpiddy/status/1522197789316366336

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I started the FF6 pixel remaster. Haven't played this game in over a decade and things are hitting me harder than I remember. Edgar almost got blown up by magitek lasers in the armor fight. I'm also assuming the evasion bug is no more in this version, I've only ever played the original on SNES.