Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I have invested enough time for that to be an instant buy for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

The twitch unicorn mount drop has started by the way.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Pragmatica posted:

Adventure Tomes are great for virtue stats. You bring up that menu with N and this site has really good guides for completing them, under Resources.

This is also a good guide: https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/resources/how-to-increase-virtue-stats

I got a bit burned out on the hone grind so decided to do this for a while. I've done all* of the first continent and it's been pretty fun so far. Using maxroll on a second monitor.

*The adventure tomes require you to grind for a few of the items that you need multitudes of, I didn't bother doing that yet since maybe I can get that done with alts.

If you do everything else you'll always get to 70%+ which gets you a new emote or masterpiece or something cool.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Yeah, I’ve been in the weird 1360-1370 grind, so I decided to take some time to work on it. Having a ton of fun. Many of the collectibles are cheap on the auction house. I usually wait to get those until I have rapport in the area completed because you will get them as you complete the adventure tomes. I also do the little random quests around that I skipped, those sometimes give a collectible or virtue stats as well.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I've been working on chipping away at the adventure tome too. They're pretty relaxing. I've been doing some of the easier checklist gaming on each continent and then going back to do other stuff later.

My collectible strategy has been to hope they drop while I'm doing story content with alts or while doing hidden stories/mokokos/vistas/monsters in the tome.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 12, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, up to about 60-80% on every zone is pretty easy and there's some good rewards there. Some of the cooking, especially in the later zones, and then all the rapport is where it becomes nightmarish. The 8 Ignea Tokens for the 6 skill points will be a pretty rough grind unless you focus extremely hard on rapport.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Cinara posted:

Yea, up to about 60-80% on every zone is pretty easy and there's some good rewards there. Some of the cooking, especially in the later zones, and then all the rapport is where it becomes nightmarish. The 8 Ignea Tokens for the 6 skill points will be a pretty rough grind unless you focus extremely hard on rapport.
I'm up to 3 ignea. Rethramis, Yudia, and West Luterra aren't bad. Anikka, Tortoyk also seem not bad but I haven't really done them yet. I'm even missing all of the hidden stories from anikka. I haven't been hitting the wandering merchants very hard so I'm out of rapport items.

No idea what my next 3 after those will be. I'll probably just keep chipping away at a bunch of continents randomly and only try to close one out when I need/want the purify rune.

I'm viewing adventure tome as longterm stuff and throwing 20 minutes one day here and there at it.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 12, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Arthetine isn't too bad if you've already done Sasha for the Giant's Heart.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i’ve completed Rethramis, Yudia, West Luterra, and Anikka to 100% - they seemed like the easiest. I’m working on the rest now, but rapport is really the gate for some of them. Shushire and Tortoyk will probably be the next that I get to 100%.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Cinara posted:

Arthetine isn't too bad if you've already done Sasha for the Giant's Heart.
I'm missing sasha, nineveh for giant hearts.

Pragmatica posted:

i’ve completed Rethramis, Yudia, West Luterra, and Anikka to 100% - they seemed like the easiest. I’m working on the rest now, but rapport is really the gate for some of them. Shushire and Tortoyk will probably be the next that I get to 100%.
Good to hear that Anikka isn't bad. Shushire is another I considered. I'm currently missing almost everything from shushire & arthetine & anikka except 1g collectibles from the bots and the extra stories.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 12, 2022

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Shushire has 4 rapport NPCs but none of them are that bad. The 1 million silver cooking item sucks though if you're also trying to hone through T3 on your main and an alt or two. I should be done with Shushire in a few days which will be my sixth token, and Nineveh tomorrow for my final Giant Heart. After that I'll just be slowly progressing rapport on Punika since I'm already 80% there and then another continent for the final skill point potion.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Finally hit 1370. 152 failures, but a handful of those are on an alt. Probably closer to 145 actual failures on my main to hit 1370. Glad that is done!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Shushire is roughly 40k rapport in total to max all four NPCs, it's no big deal. Two of the four take like 5900 to hit trusted so you could even just rep dump them with gifts and not even use up the daily actions.

Totoryk and Anikka are also easy rapport caps and give some nice virtue stat bonuses and some emotes that have decent return on other NPCs.

So yeah, outside of Totoryk and Shushire having some pricey cooking needs you can basically get six ignea with those two, Anikka, Rethramis, Yuria and West Luterra.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tortolia posted:

Shushire is roughly 40k rapport in total to max all four NPCs, it's no big deal. Two of the four take like 5900 to hit trusted so you could even just rep dump them with gifts and not even use up the daily actions.

Totoryk and Anikka are also easy rapport caps and give some nice virtue stat bonuses and some emotes that have decent return on other NPCs.

So yeah, outside of Totoryk and Shushire having some pricey cooking needs you can basically get six ignea with those two, Anikka, Rethramis, Yuria and West Luterra.

The emote from Tortoyk gives I think 400 rep with one of the Shushire NPCs and one of the Vern NPCs, so it's worth maximizing that Rapport early.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Lost Ark posted:

Heroes of Arkesia,

All Lost Ark servers and regions will be brought offline on April 14th at 12 AM PT / 7 AM UTC / 9 AM CEST for a weekly maintenance and update. Downtime is estimated to last up to 8 hours, as the team will be making changes to the backend structure of the game to prepare for the content update coming later this month.

We will also be adding in a new week of in-game attendance rewards to provide additional rewards from April 14th through 21st:

Regulus’ Light Currency Chest x 5
Battle Items Chest x3
Phoenix Plume x 30
Fusion Material Selection Chest x 2
Leap’s Essence x 3
Una’s Tasks [Daily] Instant Completion Pass x 5
Please be sure to claim any attendance rewards previous period before tonight’s maintenance, as this will not extend the initial rewards period and is a new, separate week of rewards!

We appreciate your patience, and we’ll let you know as soon as the game is back online and ready for play!

Looks like we're not getting the stuff tomorrow. Later this month means probably 28th. Its unfortunate we can't take advantage of the event honing mats for glavier as the events would have ended by then.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Its unfortunate they cannot communicate anything. But they promised they'll do better just like the last time they hosed up royally and promised to do better only to go back to their habits.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

super sweet best pal posted:

The emote from Tortoyk gives I think 400 rep with one of the Shushire NPCs and one of the Vern NPCs, so it's worth maximizing that Rapport early.

Yeah, Rancher Jude gives 400 for Joy, and she's one of the <6k NPCs so honestly you could just do that every day and save the song for someone else.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

DurosKlav posted:

Its unfortunate they cannot communicate anything. But they promised they'll do better just like the last time they hosed up royally and promised to do better only to go back to their habits.

They never said it was coming today. Gamers bought a jump to conclusion mat and then got mad at someone else because they made an assumption and it was wrong.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zotix posted:

They never said it was coming today. Gamers bought a jump to conclusion mat and then got mad at someone else because they made an assumption and it was wrong.

Yeah this, I told people that there was no promises it was coming out this week, but no one wanted to listen.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

didn't their twitter just tease patch notes were imminent?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Velveteen posted:

Looks like we're not getting the stuff tomorrow. Later this month means probably 28th. Its unfortunate we can't take advantage of the event honing mats for glavier as the events would have ended by then.

Would be pretty lovely to call it an April update and have it be at the very end of the month on top of having all the events/books be expired for the new class. If it's the 21st it's not quite as bad though still would have been nice for it to be this week.

Sounds like they are just not ready as much they thought they would be.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I think what set people off were they moved the event items disappearing back a week and then going like "hint hint wink wink" and people speculated the heck out of it. They were like Argos came out on the 14th so its probably coming on the 14th on April as well! And it wasn't until the last day before they announced it wasn't coming. So yeah its not amazon's fault for that. I always expected it to come out after the event because it seemed like a good time to release a class and force everyone to play it to catch up without the bonus event stuff so they play on the new character longer.

edit. oh it seems they were planning on releasing earlier but they just couldn't due to issues.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can understand where players are coming from with being frustrated. It's easy to just jump to dismissing everyone outside of this forum though because this playerbase is toxic and entitled as gently caress. I really hate the Lost Ark community outside of the Goon thread and Discord.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Zotix posted:

Thats kind of the point. They have been extremely poo poo at just simple communication. They have known that the community has been building up hype for the release. But instead of doing anything to cool the room when they(amazon) knew the content was not being released the 14th they just let the pressure build. A simple post monday that it would not be ready for this week would have gone a long way. They just keep making things super vague while promising to be more transparent.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 13, 2022

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Yeah, it’s super frustrating because I’ve worked with/on teams like this where they were poo poo at estimating (understandable) and poo poo at communicating the margin of error of those estimates. So nobody outside the team knows what the gently caress is going on, sometimes even within the team because folks don’t speak up when they’re stuck or things are taking longer than expected. I’m sure their CMs would love to be able to communicate more confidently about what’s happening and when, but it sounds like they don’t have any idea either.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Wack. I was excited for lance girl. Guess I’ll mostly stick to FFXIV til the updates out.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

DurosKlav posted:

Thats kind of the point. They have been extremely poo poo at just simple communication. They have known that the community has been building up hype for the release. But instead of doing anything to cool the room when they(amazon) knew the content was not being released the 14th they just let the pressure build. A simple post monday that it would not be ready for this week would have gone a long way. They just keep making things super vague while promising to be more transparent.

But there was never an expectation that it was this week. It's poo poo fabricated by people who built it up in their mind.

I was never under the assumption that the patch would be this week. This wasn't delayed because it was never announced for this week.

This is the exact reason why you say an April release and not have a fixed date.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The Omen Skins expire on the 14th.

They 100% planned to have the major April update be on the 14th at some point and had to change their plans due to delays.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Zotix posted:

But there was never an expectation that it was this week. It's poo poo fabricated by people who built it up in their mind.

I was never under the assumption that the patch would be this week. This wasn't delayed because it was never announced for this week.

This is the exact reason why you say an April release and not have a fixed date.

I expected it'd be this week based on the way they were talking about it, and it seems like a ton of other people did as well. Expectations management is part of the job, and if they're not communicating well you can't really fault people for making assumptions. Them being like "it's technically still April!", while correct, isn't a great look.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

They also said there would be a huge marketing push with the patch and that hasn't started yet either... So....

Sakara123
Dec 10, 2019

The Big Chungus
I really can't wait for us to have a less scuffed version of the game. There's just so much QOL content missing rn. Was a boatload less enjoyable than my RU experience

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1514417471989592068

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Zotix posted:

They also said there would be a huge marketing push with the patch and that hasn't started yet either... So....

There was a big $20k PVP Tournament yesterday that premiered with a brand new twitch drop for the game.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

DurosKlav posted:

There was a big $20k PVP Tournament yesterday that premiered with a brand new twitch drop for the game.

Which had nothing to do with South Vern which is what was referenced. :)

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zotix posted:

Which had nothing to do with South Vern which is what was referenced. :)

We get it, you work for Amazon

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The mere fact that they're adding an extra 7 day login campaign instead of just going into the next month of login rewards suggests to me that they clearly want their login campaigns and their major updates to coincide with one another, so obviously the expectation was there. Trying to pretend like nothing was promised when they're clearly trying to set precedents is being willfully obtuse.

Anyways, I have to wonder how community managers and other PR people view people like Gold River and Yoshi-P who communicate clearly with their respective audiences, cuz it seems like talking to your players directly is something that players appreciate but PR people would have an aneurysm over. "No! What are you doing? You can't just say the thing that's happening, you'll make the company look bad! Who did your media training? They clearly hosed up!"

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

is it worth spending photons or w/e on purple accessories? we get orange ones at 1370 right?

my stats are good from random drops, but my engravings are pretty jank. i’ve got 9 (?) points in blessed aura and awakening, and like 6 in heavy armor and the swiftness one.

it’s annoying being so close to level 2 on those main ones, but it’s not like it’s stopping me from clearing content or anything and i’m just gonna replace them in a couple weeks. on the other hand, i’ve got a shitload of the blue things. i just don’t know how/whether to budget them for stuff we’ll need in the future.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Does 9 points mean you have your engraving slot and literally nothing else on any of your accessories or stone for them? If so that's a bit unfortunate not having your primary engravings on any of your gear at all. It's okay to miss out on a couple of points by using a green-quality accessory with the engraving you want instead of a blue or purple quality one without anything for you.

If you have 6 from your engraving slot and 3 from accessories then just get the purple books to get you over the line, much much better investment than spending pheons on accessories you're gonna replace soon anyway.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Jabor posted:

Does 9 points mean you have your engraving slot and literally nothing else on any of your accessories or stone for them?

yup :sigh:

i used purple books for those two, got a stone with heavy armor/spirit absorb, and got screwed by everything else so far in t3. got a shitload of swiftness (and level 1 attack speed debuff) though!

i didn’t think about going down a color on accessories. unfortunately i already melted the blues i got, though they weren’t amazing either.

i ended up with a decent setup just in time to leave t2 and ruin it with upgrades, which is a bummer. i guess i’ll just be patient for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

making video games is hard and this one also happens to be free, so i am going to be patient in regards to the free content updates for the free video game.