Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
That's because IT'S A RAZOR BLADE IN A GLASS!!! :rant:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

For me it's:
Eegah!
Mitchell
The Pumaman
Space Mutiny
Time Chasers
Invasion of the Neptune Men
Horror at Party Beach
Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell

the list goes on of course, but those are the ones I keep watching

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

My comfort episodes are probably any of the juvenile delinquent episodes. I just love those. Girls Town might be my favorite. The Girl from Lover's Lane is also up there.

How about some comfort shorts? Last Clear Chance is top go-to for me. I've seen that one at least 10,000 times. The Home Economics Story is a good one, and Young Man's Fancy always gets me squishy.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Sydney Bottocks posted:

That's because IT'S A RAZOR BLADE IN A GLASS!!! :rant:

Oh, it's true.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Murdstone posted:

The Home Economics Story is a good one, and Young Man's Fancy always gets me squishy.

I think these are my favorites, too (apart from the obvious, horrifying choice)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Mister Kingdom posted:

Oh, it's true.

My mom said so. :smug:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Are You Ready For Marriage?, mainly for Crow yelling “we’re all gonna die!” :kingsley:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Murdstone posted:

Young Man's Fancy always gets me squishy.

Back in 1994, 12 year old me thought Judy had it going on. I have no shame in the decisions of my youth.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Furthermore, A Day at the Fair and the one that tells you about the benefits of shop class are my favorite shorts.

Admiral Halsey joins the fun!

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
Once Upon A Honeymoon is my go-to short, followed by Is This Love?, Body Care and Grooming, Design For Dreaming, the one that’s about bread, and the Hired! shorts.

I’m so glad they’re going to do shorts again as part of season 13. :3: I was always a little sad we didn’t get that many during the time Bill Corbett was Crow, but he’s gotten to do at least one short as Crow alongside Joel (during the kickstarter, I think), and it warms my heart to know Joel really likes his Crow voice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My favorite shorts are Truck Farming and either of the Union Pacific shorts (Last Clear Chance and Days of our Years)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sash! posted:

Furthermore, A Day at the Fair and the one that tells you about the benefits of shop class are my favorite shorts.

I KEEP POPULAR MECHANICS UNDER MY MATRESS!

Also shame on me for Kitten With a Whip.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Progress!
Gambling!
A Century Ago!
Puerto Rico!

(I've always wanted to do a mock-up of the song Tequila to those call-outs, but i don't know how to make videos)

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

No one has mentioned Overdrawn at the Memory Bank yet...

See you on the dark side of Raul

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I thought he was Puerto Rican, I didn't know he was CUBE-AN

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
DOCTOR WHO...the hell cares!

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.
Comfort shorts: "A Case of Spring Fever, " "Johnny at the Fair," "A Date with your Family," and "Junior Rodeo Daredevils"

Comfort full-length Rifftrax (since that's the next logical one): "Fun in Balloonland," "Wizzo's Christmas Circus," and "The Guy from Harlem."

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

You’re all talking about your comfort episodes, while I’m here getting fat on Flavo-Fibes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Thread, were we just visited by a chubby angel with gin blossoms?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I’ll have what I’m having!

hybridnoisebloom
Nov 16, 2021

i've been binge-watching a bunch of season 3-4 stuff because i found these VHS rips on youtube and the internet archive with the original '90s ads on them (really stunning confluence of two things i really like, i guess), and i'm actually really surprised i had gone this long without seeing Pod People and Master Ninja. really great stuff to zone out and get stoned to. y'all got any suggestions for classic/underrated Joel-era episodes that aren't all monster movies? i've been digging the delinquent-youth beatnik stuff a lot more than the guy in a rubber suit stuff.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

hybridnoisebloom posted:

i've been binge-watching a bunch of season 3-4 stuff because i found these VHS rips on youtube and the internet archive with the original '90s ads on them (really stunning confluence of two things i really like, i guess), and i'm actually really surprised i had gone this long without seeing Pod People and Master Ninja. really great stuff to zone out and get stoned to. y'all got any suggestions for classic/underrated Joel-era episodes that aren't all monster movies? i've been digging the delinquent-youth beatnik stuff a lot more than the guy in a rubber suit stuff.

Teenagers from Outer Space, I Accuse My Parents, and Operation Double 007 are pretty great.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Diabolik900 posted:

You’re all talking about your comfort episodes, while I’m here getting fat on Flavo-Fibes.

I can't believe you've insulted us like we're all a bunch of no good worthless ant eaters

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Diabolik900 posted:

You can take that attitude right out the syntho-flavo-door.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

hybridnoisebloom posted:

It Conquered the World (there is a monster but barely)
The Painted Hills

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Teenagers from Outer Space, I Accuse My Parents, and Operation Double 007 are pretty great.

These are all solid. I'd watch Operation Double 007 by itself, it's just goofy fun.

I think about The Truck Farmers often. "A pre-teen is put to work. Her beauty will soon fade." And of course, the double-header of depressing train-related shorts Last Clear Chance and Days of Our Years. "Why don't they look, Ralph? Tell me, why don't they look?"

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Diabolik900 posted:

i didn't wanna fumble or bobble the fingal dopple

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

hybridnoisebloom posted:

I Accuse My Parents is one of my all-time favorite episodes, that end sketch makes me smile even now. It's a Mike-era episode so maybe not quite what you're looking for, but Radar Secret Service gets quoted in our house all the time.

It's a little rubber-suit-ish, but I'm a big fan of First Spaceship on Venus, too. Something about the international cast or how bizarre some of the special effects are, I just love it.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Jet Jaguar posted:

These are all solid. I'd watch Operation Double 007 by itself, it's just goofy fun.

I think about The Truck Farmers often. "A pre-teen is put to work. Her beauty will soon fade." And of course, the double-header of depressing train-related shorts Last Clear Chance and Days of Our Years. "Why don't they look, Ralph? Tell me, why don't they look?"

That ending speech from the copper had strong 'I'm no longer arguing, if we disagree on road safety I'm straight up killing you' energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuTCmNkMSfs

Honestly I only watch that ep for the short, Radar Secret Service doesn't do it for me personally

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

One of the episodes I always, always go back to is The Brain That Wouldn't Die.

"Oh, no, that's her head!"

hybridnoisebloom
Nov 16, 2021

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Jet Jaguar posted:

I Accuse My Parents is one of my all-time favorite episodes, that end sketch makes me smile even now. It's a Mike-era episode so maybe not quite what you're looking for, but Radar Secret Service gets quoted in our house all the time.

It's a little rubber-suit-ish, but I'm a big fan of First Spaceship on Venus, too. Something about the international cast or how bizarre some of the special effects are, I just love it.

oh hell yeah, I Accuse My Parents is one of my all time faves, I actually just rewatched it a few days back. think tonight i'm gonna go with Teenagers from Outer Space, maybe I'll queue up Operation Double 007 afterward. cheers :cheers:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Diabolik900 posted:

Yeah, you big tub! :v:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

hybridnoisebloom posted:

oh hell yeah, I Accuse My Parents is one of my all time faves, I actually just rewatched it a few days back. think tonight i'm gonna go with Teenagers from Outer Space, maybe I'll queue up Operation Double 007 afterward. cheers :cheers:

If you want to go super early Untamed Youth is fun. It's season one so it's got Josh as Tom but it's far enough along they've found most of their rhythm.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Not comforting...but my favorite all-time short is Catching Trouble. The amount of raw WTFuckery in that piece of poo poo is mind bending.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Diabolik900 posted:

I enjoy reading this thread on my Syntho Flavo Phone.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah call for a Medico on your Reconst Syntho Flavo Phone-aaaaaaaagh! :rant:

Future Wax
Feb 17, 2011

There is no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase!
And just what is the it which is to him up and which he can perhaps handle?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh I see, now that he's Interfaced he can...um...uhhh

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
"I'll try... interface override."

"YEAH! LET'S TRY THAT! YAY! WHEEE :v:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Future Wax posted:

And just what is the it which is to him up and which he can perhaps handle?

I hope someday they'll tell us what he's the last hope for.