Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah I've been waiting for another big budget dino doc series since Walking with Dinosaurs a billion years ago. It's amazing how much our knowledge of dinosaurs has grown since then.

I'm a huge sucker for everything here.

e: It's such a dumb hope, but I'd love to see this have enough attention to detail that there isn't grass everywhere. It's one of those things about the cretaceous period that makes it feel almost like an alien world to me, that grass wasn't ubiquitous and ferns were the primary ground plant of the day.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah I've been waiting for another big budget dino doc series since Walking with Dinosaurs a billion years ago. It's amazing how much our knowledge of dinosaurs has grown since then.

I'm a huge sucker for everything here.

e: It's such a dumb hope, but I'd love to see this have enough attention to detail that there isn't grass everywhere. It's one of those things about the cretaceous period that makes it feel almost like an alien world to me, that grass wasn't ubiquitous and ferns were the primary ground plant of the day.

i, too, appreciate when things get this detail correct

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
That Marcel movie looks soooo enjoyable.

New Amazon show: Outer Range

We get *two* spooky alien ranch things this year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIxgBqTBZZA

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Huh. Neat!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat, that looks great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I kind of like this other trailer for it more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFj5K7WmwqI

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Skinwalker ranch thing?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

A24 is the greatest studio in America clearly

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Gatts posted:

A24 is the greatest studio in America clearly

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
They shoulda brought on jan svankmajer to make some edits

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQEondeGvKo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hype

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

God drat, those assholes can cut a trailer. I don't even watch the show anymore, and I'm hyped.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah that show is so much fun. Best 80s aesthetic show maybe ever. So hype

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yeah i haven't watched Stranger Things since season 1 and now i kind of want to

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

precision posted:

yeah i haven't watched Stranger Things since season 1 and now i kind of want to

:same:

They know what imagery to use to hook me back in, even if I'm wary of their storytelling instincts. I watched half of season 2 and loathed it, then season 3 sounded kinda lame. Wondering if I could just read some wikipedia and plug back into this and skip all that other stuff.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
The trailers for each season were good but the show hasn’t been worth watching since Season 1. I’m sure this will be no different.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The season 2 trailer is outstanding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRG5HeNKwKY

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ah drat, that's true. And this is the season that made me give up the show. Alright, I won't get dragged back in, thanks.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
First season was best but I've enjoyed all seasons so far. It's pretty decent TV

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Possibly the greatest use of Thriller ever.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Ah drat, that's true. And this is the season that made me give up the show. Alright, I won't get dragged back in, thanks.

Season 2 is rough, but Season 3 is basically a masterpiece of television. It's so good.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Season 2 is rough, but Season 3 is basically a masterpiece of television. It's so good.

Yeah, I get the criticisms of 2 but 3 was a hoot, between mall adventures and Sean Astin’s sweet dopey self I liked it quite a bit

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I also think S3 was the best season just because they cranked up the 80s to levels unknown. It was so drat fun I think I watched it all in one day.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

That's a fuckin' trailer if I ever saw one. God drat.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tim Whatley posted:

I also think S3 was the best season just because they cranked up the 80s to levels unknown. It was so drat fun I think I watched it all in one day.

I mean it had Russians. True, 80s style mother loving russian invasion. I mean they infiltrated a Russian war base it was like the Wolverines taking on a Russian War Games silo. I was giddy

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

kiimo posted:

I mean it had Russians. True, 80s style mother loving russian invasion. I mean they infiltrated a Russian war base it was like the Wolverines taking on a Russian War Games silo. I was giddy

Them vs. really dumb 80's villain Russians was just a punch of nostalgia.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah S2 had the misstep of not really straying too far from S1 and it kinda lost points on it but S3 really went “gently caress it, all 80s” and it was very enjoyable for it.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah S2 had the misstep of not really straying too far from S1 and it kinda lost points on it but S3 really went “gently caress it, all 80s” and it was very enjoyable for it.

Also Maya Hawke is just fantastic in it and the best new addition to the show since it started.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I remember being really disappointed that the monster was just in Will because the stinger gave me the feeling the whole town was gonna be hosed up/haunted/infected and things were going to get weird.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I haven’t seen s3 and it feels like forever ago that I saw s2 but I clicked the trailer due to the hype. I couldn’t help but thinking it all looks cool but everything feels repetitive of what I’ve seen already and how it needs some new ideas. Then the closing tagline of Stranger Things 2 came up and I realized I clicked the wrong link.

Now to watch the right one, doh.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

I remember being really disappointed that the monster was just in Will because the stinger gave me the feeling the whole town was gonna be hosed up/haunted/infected and things were going to get weird.

Which is essentially Season 3, to a point. It could get a lot weirder, but it looks like Season 4 is bringing the weird too

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSI2kCKVCOY

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGVpj6kUZLM

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Everything I've heard about this is that it's insanely good so I'm officially hyped

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

BonoMan posted:

Everything I've heard about this is that it's insanely good so I'm officially hyped

It was good.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Can confirm. Thought the trailers so far had looked a bit too action orientated, but while there was plenty of that in the film, it certainly had a lot more going for it too.

The witch is still my favorite Eggers film, but i think this is better than the lighthouse (and I did like that a lot too).

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVX7df79BNo

Alright then crimes of the future looks... Interesting.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Woodenlung posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVX7df79BNo

Alright then crimes of the future looks... Interesting.

gently caress yes, give me all of this.

https://twitter.com/FANGORIA/status/1514556615009132548?t=nqCK-UewHkt8kEKrPQkIgA&s=19