Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

I hope that there is something missing from this as this seems kid of busted. Is there no limit to how often you can blitz?

It seems really good but I wonder how many times I will be in a position to spend 2BB and 2 life and then not have the creature stick around in limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Kashuno posted:

It seems really good but I wonder how many times I will be in a position to spend 2BB and 2 life and then not have the creature stick around in limited.

Wait, maybe I am reading it wrong. Is the 2bb and the life interchangeable or both required?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sickening posted:

Wait, maybe I am reading it wrong. Is the 2bb and the life interchangeable or both required?

I think (and hope) it has to be both.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kashuno posted:

you get a card out of it. repeatable 2bb+2 life = card seems pretty good even if your opponent has a 4/4 fatty sitting around waiting to block

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/twoduckcubed/status/1514478467865268229

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

evilweasel posted:

you get a card out of it. repeatable 2bb+2 life = card seems pretty good even if your opponent has a 4/4 fatty sitting around waiting to block

Don’t forget you get a card when it dies as part of the blitz ability too

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Arivia posted:

Don’t forget you get a card when it dies as part of the blitz ability too

That's what evilweasel is saying.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

evilweasel posted:

That seems borderline good in standard constructed. Paying 2 life to blitz a vanilla 3/2 seems busted as gently caress though and that is the clarification I was seeking anyway.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

This is for EDH I guess? It's mythic but seems worse than Pull from Tomorrow in 1v1.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

evilweasel posted:

Eye of Vecna is a card that is currently in standard and lets you pay less mana and 2 life for a card every turn, and is completely irrelevant, so if this creature is going to see play it's relying heavily on being a recurring creature.

Was Scrapheap Scrounger the last black(ish) creature that played around role like this in standard?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

With shield counters and some of the powerful deathrattle effects on stuff like NEO dragons, seems like the stock of O-ring removal and even blue tapdown removal might be on the rise.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Last week the New Capenna spoilers were cool but kinda weak. This week they are both cool and appropriately strong. Gotta say I think they've hit the theme just right, the only thing I don't really like are the finger-guns.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Idk if it's being the last set before rotation or my inexperience with 3 color cards but most of the set looks so bad. Too expensive, color wise or just the regular way.

That said, every black two drop in standard, besides Adversary, suck rear end so Tenacious Underdog would go straight into my black aggro deck.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I agree with you Wooper. Being the 8th set in standard so it needs some real powerhouses to affect the meta also. I mean, the set is cool but I'm not seeing any in your face must play cards on the level of goldspan dragon.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Wooper posted:

Idk if it's being the last set before rotation or my inexperience with 3 color cards but most of the set looks so bad. Too expensive, color wise or just the regular way.

That said, every black two drop in standard, besides Adversary, suck rear end so Tenacious Underdog would go straight into my black aggro deck.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I agree with you Wooper. Being the 8th set in standard so it needs some real powerhouses to affect the meta also. I mean, the set is cool but I'm not seeing any in your face must play cards on the level of goldspan dragon.

three color faction sets are even easier to miss the mark on b4 u actually play them than other magic sets in general. but it does look slow.

i think if theres any three color family deck that can make it into standard and be a powerhouse, then its probably obscura. obscura interceptor looks like it does a lot of good poo poo for 4 mana, and theres also the charm, void rend, raffine, maybe toluz and larcenist, etc

^ a bit scary

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If you kill it in response they don't get the remand effect, I guess?

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

resistentialism posted:

yup. atp its a 4 mana removal spell magnet w/ a loot. but that still seems deece 2 me as the floor.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

holy poo poo

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

:eyepop:

woah

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Eat poo poo, Priest of Ancient Lore

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

resistentialism posted:

Why wouldn't you? It's singular trigger, a difference in templating from the Exploits of Innistrad.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

Why wouldn't you? It's singular trigger, a difference in templating from the Exploits of Innistrad.

drat, really? i assumed that "when it connives this way" meant that it had to resolve while the interceptor was still alive. if it just gets the spell no matter what, than its even scarier than i thought

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Fucker posted:

drat, really? i assumed that "when it connives this way" meant that it had to resolve while the interceptor was still alive. if it just gets the spell no matter what, than its even scarier than i thought

It's probably templated like that so you can't stop the connive by removing the target spell

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

HootTheOwl posted:

hmm maybe i'm parsing this sentence incorrectly, but the exploit trigger does go on the stack right, so even if you kill the creature you can still sac a creature (or choose not to) for the exploit effect

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I was trying to figure out why people were so excited about a 4 mana pay 2 life 3/2 repeatable from the yard ball lightning guy till I reread Blitz and saw the card draw.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Found some more cards in the basement of my parents’ house, mostly just junk commons from Torment but there was a Lotus Petal in there so hey

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

It's probably templated like that so you can't stop the connive by removing the target spell

It’s templated that way so you don’t get the trigger if something else makes it connive like Raffine.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
It's like the Diregraf Horde trigger except they can't use "when you do" because it's the creature doing the conniving

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

man big. Big lad

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

man big. Big lad

What a heckin chonker

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

man big. Big lad

Top tier joke. Maybe my favorite of the set.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TotalHell posted:

Top tier joke. Maybe my favorite of the set.

Agreed

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

pen is sword

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Found some more cards in the basement of my parents’ house, mostly just junk commons from Torment but there was a Lotus Petal in there so hey

Check for cabal coffers, it’s off it’s $100+ high due to MH2 reprint, but it’s still $28 which is sweet for an uncommon

If you’ve got other cards from the era in the pile Standstill from odyssey is a $10 uncommon

One of the times I returned to mtg from a break, just those two cards fished out of all my old draft chaff funded two new decks

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

in a 1v1, i have:
=
my opponent has this card:

all cards are in play. there are two copies of boarded window

i attack with delina and adeline. no challenges by my opponent. then i select adeline as the target creature of delina's ability. i roll a 1, i create a tapped and attacking copy of adeline.

my opponent declares no blockers, in response, i cast something that destroys both his boarded windows... 2 abrades.

how much damage does my opponent take? mostly unsure about the copy entering after attack has been declared. because it says, "whenever you attack" vs something like "whenever ~ attacks" which i know copies made during attack phase won't trigger. my guess is that the same rules apply and the language on adeline just allows you to optionally attack without including her in the attack to get a 1/1 token.

but i do believe cavalcade triggers on the copy because the enchantment triggers when your creature is attacking. am i right or wrong on that?

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 15, 2022

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

14 damage total

Cavalcade triggers to deal 2
Adeline creates a tapped and attacking 1/1 token
You connect with a pair of 4/4 Adeline’s, a 3/2 Delina and a 1/1 token.

The triggers are all set off when you declare the already existing creature an attacker so ninjas and those tokens don’t trigger Cavalcade damage.

LeafHouse fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The only time you get an "attacks" event is when you declare attackers near the start of a combat phase. You "attack" if you declare at least one attacking creature, and a creature "attacks" if you declare it as an attacker.