Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm just surprised he can get any lawyer to take or file this poo poo. I've had consultations on a couple cases with far more merit and they attorneys I spoke with wouldn't take them. Is this dude just paying these lawyers flat fees and not contingency?

Hey if I was a lawyer you can definitely pay me $100 per hour to file some bullshit paperwork that will eventually lead nowhere or matter to anyone.

Of course there is a real possibility that I would eventually be sued by this guy myself... so I guess that's something I might not want to have to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jeff has been sued, he finally is the true owner of Something Awful dot com

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Who What Now posted:

Jeff has been sued, he finally is the true owner of Something Awful dot com

I'd like to think Lowtax is down there, smiling up at him now :allears:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

These are all self-filed, and he's filed a LOT of these against everyone, while having the temerity to plead poverty so the court is on the hook for the fees. That also means the court can go "no gently caress off" almost immediately as was the case here. He's probably going to get slapped with the vexatious litigator tag soon and be cut off entirely because apparently he's suing the judges for daring to say he's a dipshit.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

kw0134 posted:

These are all self-filed, and he's filed a LOT of these against everyone, while having the temerity to plead poverty so the court is on the hook for the fees. That also means the court can go "no gently caress off" almost immediately as was the case here. He's probably going to get slapped with the vexatious litigator tag soon and be cut off entirely because apparently he's suing the judges for daring to say he's a dipshit.
I thought he was already tagged as a vexatious litigator?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
e: oh

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm just surprised he can get any lawyer to take or file this poo poo. I've had consultations on a couple cases with far more merit and they attorneys I spoke with wouldn't take them. Is this dude just paying these lawyers flat fees and not contingency?

So the reason that these are all getting dismissed is because requesting leave to proceed in forma pauperis (or without pre-paying costs in non-legalese) triggers a review of the underlying complaint in addition to triggering a review of the intending litigants financial situation. The idea basically is to ensure that people who do not have a lawyer and who can't afford to pay a filing fee have access to the Courts without having the Court system burdened with bullshit lawsuits. In each and every case so far where his cases have been screened, they have either been dismissed outright or his request to proceed without pre-payment of fees has been denied. The remaining cases will almost certainly be dismissed, the only question is how long it will take.

Now, if someone keeps doing this over and over, they can be deemed a vexatious litigant, which would prevent them from filing any further lawsuits without leave of Court. It's an extreme remedy but it's one that appears increasingly likely for Mr. Crawford.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Vitruvian Manic posted:

Is that why he wants photos of cognitively disabled marines saluting the flag? to prove it isn't a slur so it is OK to yell it at someone at the post office
The Onion neglected to have the salute and our guy has been harbouring a grudge for the last 23 years.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
On several occasions on this particular forum while I was in the State of Florida©, there was the implication of homosexual grooming towards my person by certain other persons who are registered users of the said forums.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I thought he was already tagged as a vexatious litigator?
Wouldn't surprise me, but the order dismissing the SA suit only noted that this was x number of suits so far and was entered two days ago without mentioning a vexatious litigant status, courts typically don't move that fast and don't slap that label lightly. I'd look but my PACER budget doesn't allocate any funds for sifting through a flood of crazy pro se filings.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

kw0134 posted:

Wouldn't surprise me, but the order dismissing the SA suit only noted that this was x number of suits so far and was entered two days ago without mentioning a vexatious litigant status, courts typically don't move that fast and don't slap that label lightly. I'd look but my PACER budget doesn't allocate any funds for sifting through a flood of crazy pro se filings.

I didn't see any order to that effect although I didn't read every single dismissal order, just the docket annotations.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

twoday posted:

I'm tired of dealing with 7th level magistrate courts, Jeffrey should implement a sue button next to the report button

He can add it to the site store, :10bux: a pop

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

I did read the order dismissing the lawsuit against the one Judge who dismissed his case and Judge Nagle was matter of fact and simply said "you can't sue a Judge because you disagree with their decision" and exercised remarkable patience by not addressing the broader pattern of behavior.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I'd like to think Lowtax is down there, smiling up at him now :allears:

Lowtax would definitely find this funny

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Stunt Rock posted:

I did read the order dismissing the lawsuit against the one Judge who dismissed his case and Judge Nagle was matter of fact and simply said "you can't sue a Judge because you disagree with their decision" and exercised remarkable patience by not addressing the broader pattern of behavior.
Sometimes the courts could stand to be a little impatient, because sure as gently caress there's no way that this guy's behavior with respect to the legal system is suddenly going to improve after two dozen frivolous suits in as many days.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Frank Frank posted:

absolutely.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
We's going to find out around 2033 that unfettered access to The Internet is a huge mental illness trigger lol.

Holy poo poo please gangtag this someone.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Neutrino posted:

On several occasions on this particular forum while I was in the State of Florida©, there was the implication of homosexual grooming towards my person by certain other persons who are registered users of the said forums.

Surely you mean homosexual grooming tips, you just can't avoid them.
I can't help it if im a big shlub!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
lmao @ everything itt

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Frank Frank posted:

He'd find it punchingly funny, also has a history of lawsuits so knows the system

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Neutrino posted:

Could you be the curvy goonette of my dreams?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Mr. Nice! posted:

the most damage any non-radium poster has done was when zdr deleted all of his posts and broke every thread he posted in.

astral seems to be much better at their job than radium, so posting alone won't do it. you gotta become an admin and go rogue.

dont forget coupons guy that had everyone in their ignore list and that broke the forums somehow

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

yeeesssss

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oh boy, here we go again

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
drat i can't believe someone wanted to DDoS SA for the second time in as many days in tyool 2022

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

In very warcraft 2 voice: WE ARE UNDER ATTACK

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Goddamn, this whole thing is vintage 2005. Someone should get Leonard J. Crabs on the horn

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

holy poo poo :five:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

:five:

If Crawford isn't responsible for the DDOS, he's sure doing a lot of heavy lifting covering up for whoever did.

Edit: Just as I posted that, we get DDOSed again :laffo:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

FilthyImp posted:

We's going to find out around 2033 that unfettered access to The Internet is a huge mental illness trigger lol.

Feels pretty clear at this point. I don't think anyone needs to wait till 2033 to acknowledge it. Access to an endless stream of information with no filter on the signal to noise isnt healthy for people that are already kinda out of touch with reality already or about to slip.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the ddos is back, but there's no way it's gonna reclaim the narrative from the "many different users state that they do not like or want me posting" lawsuit

the battle was over before it began

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Torquemada posted:

The Onion neglected to have the salute and our guy has been harbouring a grudge for the last 23 years.

I remember they even updated this article in the Bush years to reflect Enduring Freedom, and deleted the clinton version :ninja:.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol at everything

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

argh no someone help me protect my posts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

fool of sound posted:

I strongly suspect that these are all pro se lol.

In one of the lawsuits he complains he has to go to the courthouse to hand in paperwork while real lawyers get to e-file. He wants to DDOS federal court with 100,000 lawsuits/sec.