Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

IUG posted:

How would I find a place to tune up my player? I suspect that my Audio Techinca LP-60 is paying slightly too fast (and the manual doesn’t show any kind of calibration adjustments). I used some iOS app that said it was playing at 34/46 rpm, and one 7” I ripped to my computer came out a few seconds shorter than the MP3 download of the same song.

Is it belt drive? If you’ve had it for a long time it’s possible the belt is stretched out. I’m sure replacement belts are easy to come by. I don’t know anything about that particular turntable though

Or do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3PdS2V8Jz0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

IUG posted:

How would I find a place to tune up my player? I suspect that my Audio Techinca LP-60 is paying slightly too fast (and the manual doesn’t show any kind of calibration adjustments). I used some iOS app that said it was playing at 34/46 rpm, and one 7” I ripped to my computer came out a few seconds shorter than the MP3 download of the same song.

If there are any record shops near you they may know of repair places in the area.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Here's a record label you won't see often:

These are all 33 1/3 7" records.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

IUG posted:

You might be able to find some specs online to see if you can make fine adjustments. I don't think you're going to find much in the way of like a mechanic for a turntable - especially a consumer grade turntable like that.

And honestly, it's probably not that big of a deal. The nature of these devices are that there will be some speed variation. The speeds you're talking about aren't going to turn these musicians into chipmunks, and I doubt you would have noticed if you didn't go looking.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

BigFactory posted:

Is it belt drive? If you’ve had it for a long time it’s possible the belt is stretched out. I’m sure replacement belts are easy to come by. I don’t know anything about that particular turntable though

Or do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3PdS2V8Jz0

Ah, I just checked my player and it does have these adjustment screws at the bottom. Those weren't listed in the manual. Thanks.

Cemetry Gator posted:

and I doubt you would have noticed if you didn't go looking.

I only looked it up because I noticed. :v:

I just hope the iOS apps are accurate enough to do this. I was asking for a place to tune it up because I doubt how accurate they could really be. The iOS app I used twice so far only has 10 free calibrations before I have to buy the app, and it looks like I have to adjust both speeds.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
This discussion makes me want to buy a test record with a metronome track on it.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

IUG posted:

Ah, I just checked my player and it does have these adjustment screws at the bottom. Those weren't listed in the manual. Thanks.

I only looked it up because I noticed. :v:

I just hope the iOS apps are accurate enough to do this. I was asking for a place to tune it up because I doubt how accurate they could really be. The iOS app I used twice so far only has 10 free calibrations before I have to buy the app, and it looks like I have to adjust both speeds.

Print a strobe disc.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

CPL593H posted:

In other news, after having not been to record stores in over two years I finally did that and I went slightly overboard.

Ooh, nice! Jealous.

You and I are "weird random non-music poo poo" buddies. :hfive:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Give your disc to me. :v:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Read After Burning posted:

Ooh, nice! Jealous.

You and I are "weird random non-music poo poo" buddies. :hfive:

:cheers:

Your office got
Bad management and
Bad management is what I need. :chaostrump:

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Nihonniboku posted:

Question, how do you guys deal with some records being pushed back when you reinsert a record onto the shelf? I'm thinking of just getting some wood and gluing it to the back of the shelf to keep records from being pushed back.

I splurged and got these. Work great and easy to install.

https://turntablerevival.com/products/v3-premium-backspacer-for-ikea-kallax-expedit

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Box from France arrived today.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

i got my april fools records in
and they even sent fake pokemon cards

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

IG-88 posted:

i got my april fools records in
and they even sent fake pokemon cards

can you explain?

that eccojams broke my brain

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CatBlack posted:

can you explain?

2nding that. What am I seeing here? It looks intriguing.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

CatBlack posted:

can you explain?

It's basically a remix I guess? I haven't listened to it yet.

https://www.mthrbord.com/product/echojam/ (14 left in stock actually)

And here's the Floral Shoppe boot they did.

https://www.mthrbord.com/product/flowerstore/

These are the guys that put out Wisseauwave last year.

chairdoctor
May 31, 2001

The doctor is in.

CatBlack posted:

can you explain?

Chuck Person is an alias of Daniel Lopatan, aka Oneohtrix Point Never. Eccojams is all based from slowed down loops from 80s and 90s pop jams and I guess you could call it early Vaporwave. Definitely a fun listen.

https://www.discogs.com/master/853927-Chuck-Person-Chuck-Persons-Eccojams-Vol-1

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

chairdoctor posted:

Chuck Person is an alias of Daniel Lopatan, aka Oneohtrix Point Never. Eccojams is all based from slowed down loops from 80s and 90s pop jams and I guess you could call it early Vaporwave. Definitely a fun listen.

https://www.discogs.com/master/853927-Chuck-Person-Chuck-Persons-Eccojams-Vol-1

This is not the same eccojams tho, fair warning

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Big day at the Habitat, scored a new pile of very obscure stuff and operas. I think these guys somehow feel like they were born in the dollar bin, but I love them, esp. the ones that have the Spampinato brothers singing:

IG-88 posted:

And thanks all for clarifying this.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I love vaporwave (and its offshoots, namely mallsoft and future funk) so drat much. :allears: One day soon I'll post a picture of my little vaporwave shelf.

Eagerly awaiting my copies of "Welcome to the Bathroom" and Leisure Centre.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I love vaporwave (and its offshoots, namely mallsoft and future funk) so drat much. :allears: One day soon I'll post a picture of my little vaporwave shelf.

Yeah, you are one of my goto authorities on vaporware, that's for sure. I love everything I've ever heard, just about. Check out the Nagle-esque artwork below for your dose of 80s, BTW.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

And there's more but the classical stuff and the operas and musicals are in great condition and I love the art on that Dvorak. Now I know one of you cats is very knowledgeable about classical albums. Hope you see these, they look so great.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 14, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Do you like Hospital Records?

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
Yes, I'm a huge nerd. Why do you ask?

Frozen Peach fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 14, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Ballz posted:

Box from France arrived today.

This is amazing BTW

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Frozen Peach posted:

lol interesting...

Love that slip mat!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

never seen this record before

looks pretty cheesy, but that's the risk you run with thrift store finds I guess

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

IG-88 posted:

It's basically a remix I guess? I haven't listened to it yet.

https://www.mthrbord.com/product/echojam/ (14 left in stock actually)

And here's the Floral Shoppe boot they did.

https://www.mthrbord.com/product/flowerstore/

These are the guys that put out Wisseauwave last year.

thanks for the link. I bought one just to have a weird rear end eccojams remix while I wait to get a proper bootleg.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

hexwren posted:

never seen this record before

looks pretty cheesy, but that's the risk you run with thrift store finds I guess

The cheese was a special request, I don't usually use much or any.

chairdoctor
May 31, 2001

The doctor is in.

IG-88 posted:

Oh poo poo, I just checked the link, definitely not the same. I was assuming it was another bootleg pressing of the original with different artwork, but if it sounds like what in the embedded youtube video this like the remade the album on mesacline.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

chairdoctor posted:

Oh poo poo, I just checked the link, definitely not the same. I was assuming it was another bootleg pressing of the original with different artwork, but if it sounds like what in the embedded youtube video this like the remade the album on mesacline.

Yeah lol

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Frozen Peach posted:

excellent. I was struggling to think of what to buy for my partner's birthday and I didn't know this existed, thanks :homebrew:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Frozen Peach posted:

Holy poo poo that's awesome

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
No it wasn't, it cost me $3! (I am truly sorry for this joke.)

There's a local estate sale company that has a couple of retail storefronts, they sell all 7"s for $1 and all 12"s for $3. You gotta do a lotta (and I mean a lotta) digging, and a lot of the stuff can be thrashed (especially the loose 45s), but sometimes you get a big score; you can see the copies of We're Only in It for the Money and Freak Out! that I also got there in the background.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Moe_Rahn posted:

There's a local estate sale company that has a couple of retail storefronts, they sell all 7"s for $1 and all 12"s for $3. You gotta do a lotta (and I mean a lotta) digging, and a lot of the stuff can be thrashed (especially the loose 45s), but sometimes you get a big score; you can see the copies of We're Only in It for the Money and Freak Out! that I also got there in the background.

That's a great score, holy poo poo. We're Only in it For the Money is one of my favorite albums.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Moe_Rahn posted:

That's insane. I've been looking for a nice copy it that for years but no luck yet.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BigFactory posted:

Just wait until you have so many that you smell them the minute you walk in the door. And they’re in the basement.

Well, that explains that.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

caligulamprey posted:

Give your disc to me. :v:

I recently picked up a copy of this too, she's surprisingly legit

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Setting my alarm for first thing tomorrow morning, because I'm pretty sure this is gonna be the Ace Attorney OST. :aaaaa:
https://twitter.com/Laced_audio/status/1516038849368977415

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Setting my alarm for first thing tomorrow morning, because I'm pretty sure this is gonna be the Ace Attorney OST. :aaaaa:
https://twitter.com/Laced_audio/status/1516038849368977415

That looks expensive based on the sheer number of discs. Is that like all the games soundtracks too? Trying to remember exactly what the hell I pirated of the games music years ago, probably just the first game's worth which I doubt fills that much space.