Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

Ryback hasn't made me laugh since doing that Twitter poll about where he should go and Retire getting the most votes easily

For all anyone could say about Braun,

Being an ex-WWE champ that still didn't matter at all to the indies,
being a WWE diehard that was willing to stand up for them at all costs (somehow even moreso than the insane thread fans we have) that still couldn't save his job during a plague,
signing with (whether he had to or wanted to) the newest and lowest-rent name indie that doesn't even technically have matches according to themselves,
immediately loving up in his first live appearance there and almost hurting a fan,
then getting into a Twitter fight with Buff loving Bagwell, and losing even that too,

is funny as hell

What a time for content

The bolded would have probably mattered if Braun hadn't been asking for, what I remember hearing was, an insane asking price to book him on a show and the requirement to win all of his matches and the promotions' top belt or some dumb poo poo. I don't know how much of that is actually true, but he's dumb enough that I can believe all of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

He has literally done nothing but big time anything outside of the fed since before he got fired.

Except for CYN which feels like an exclamation point to the vibe he gives off

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't think Braun signed with CYN from his tweets I think he's actually funding it.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

wasn't there something a while back about cyn courting or having far right investors?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ivypls posted:

wasn't there something a while back about cyn courting or having far right investors?

Yes, Braun.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

once again, i have stepped right in it

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I mean they already have the weird "We watched 10,000 hours of Fight Club but never picked up the actual message of the movie" energy, the inexplicable nutrition side-grift, the constant "I am being SILENCED" narrative.

Honestly all they need at this point to perfect the right-wing grift is getting into some sorts Crypto/NFT scam

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Drakkel posted:

I mean they already have the weird "We watched 10,000 hours of Fight Club but never picked up the actual message of the movie" energy, the inexplicable nutrition side-grift, the constant "I am being SILENCED" narrative.

Honestly all they need at this point to perfect the right-wing grift is getting into some sorts Crypto/NFT scam

That's guaranteed before the end of summer

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Ryback hasn't made me laugh since doing that Twitter poll about where he should go and Retire getting the most votes easily

Hahaha

Didn't he do it multiple times and kept retaining 'retire' as an option? King poo poo.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ganso Bomb posted:

The bolded would have probably mattered if Braun hadn't been asking for, what I remember hearing was, an insane asking price to book him on a show and the requirement to win all of his matches and the promotions' top belt or some dumb poo poo. I don't know how much of that is actually true, but he's dumb enough that I can believe all of it.

That was TNA, and he also had a list of ex-WWE guys he wouldn't lose to

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I also remember how Ryback would constantly talk about how he was definitely gonna get a call from AEW cause he's friends with Cody and lol to that now

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drakkel posted:

CoinTrol Your NFT

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Live Feed from CYN Axxess

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think Braun signed with CYN from his tweets I think he's actually funding it.

hopefully it's true and he burns through all of his wwe money running this shitshow full of broken idiots

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Orange Carlisle posted:

hopefully it's true and he burns through all of his wwe money running this shitshow full of broken idiots

I'm convinced the entire thing is a vanity project to delay his inevitable destiny: 20 years of getting thrown out at first for whatever beer league team his dad runs

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I 100% believe he learned the term "puppet master" from Metallica and thinks they invented it. He also thinks the Puppet Master film series is produced by Metallica.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like how alienating as many wrestling fans as possible seems to be Big Strongman's business strategy for attracting more fans.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

sticklefifer posted:

I like how alienating as many wrestling fans as possible seems to be Big Strongman's business strategy for attracting more fans.

He probably seriously thinks he's working the marks or whatever

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

he used to be able to say dumb poo poo on twitter and still have the wwe machine behind him promoting him so he'd always have a built in audience

now he's on his own and burning potential bridges by not being able to control his own narrative

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Could believe he was dumb enough to make this mistake and dumb enough to do it on purpose as a stunt. Such a powerful brain.

https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1514684638077374470

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol why would he call himself out

it's dipshits all the way down in this 'promotion'

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol why would he call himself out

it's dipshits all the way down in this 'promotion'

There can't be a narrative without someone else trying to take away control

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Could believe he was dumb enough to make this mistake and dumb enough to do it on purpose as a stunt. Such a powerful brain.

https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1514684638077374470

That's literally him controlling his narrative, you can't say he's not hitting his target

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's like that newLegacy game where they had multiple copies of the same wrestler feuding with each other because there was nobody else in the company.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
EC3: ...ahahaha...AHAHAHAHA...you fools! I have seventy alternative accounts!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

trying to dunk on yourself on social media is a level of 'im not owned' that my brain can't even translate in my old age

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Shrödinger's Ownage: Both owned and not owned until someone observes CYN, which nobody does.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

controversy creates crap (poo poo)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Barry Bluejeans posted:

EC3: ...ahahaha...AHAHAHAHA...you fools! I have seventy alternative accounts!

Braun: "Buff Bagwell is a bitch-rear end motherfucker and he pissed on my wife!"

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

zetamind2000 posted:

If there was ever a wrestling promotion that needed Dan Quinn it's this one

A line of people knocking on the rant room door and EC3 just replies to them all with 'Busy!'

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Orange Carlisle posted:

trying to dunk on yourself on social media is a level of 'im not owned' that my brain can't even translate in my old age

Corncob Your Narrative

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Braun is definitely dumber than Ryback. Pretty impressive, tbh.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
At least Ryback has the capacity to be funny and/or weird.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
cyn’s tiktok account isn’t verified

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

This is a speedrun of making every mistake possible while claiming its not blood, it's victory wine

GOAT in this regard to EC3 and Braun gotta respect that

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I thought maybe this was just performatively dumb at the beginning, now I realize it's the regular kind of dumb.

Braun's career trajectory is wild, from one of WWE's golden boys to a complete outcast from independent wrestling within 2 years. And it's all his fault, too, that's the best part. He probably thought he was safe in the WWE forever and could poo poo on people who needed help, and now look at him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

A Fancy Hat posted:

I thought maybe this was just performatively dumb at the beginning, now I realize it's the regular kind of dumb.

Braun's career trajectory is wild, from one of WWE's golden boys to a complete outcast from independent wrestling within 2 years. And it's all his fault, too, that's the best part. He probably thought he was safe in the WWE forever and could poo poo on people who needed help, and now look at him.

I think its really impressive because its not booze or drugs, he's just a naturally distilled idiot.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
When Buddy Matthews said "change the narrative" in a promo I popped.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Will they call it the Daly’s Place Putsch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

El Generico posted:

When Buddy Matthews said "change the narrative" in a promo I popped.

Yeah i did too lol