Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
When PoochieElon isn't on screen, people should be asking "Where's PoochieElon?"

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
??

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Leperflesh posted:

This sounds to me like an awareness of obstacles, rather than waffling on intent. He's making an offer, it could be refused; he wants to bring along the maximum number of (nonpublic) investors, that might not happen; there could be regulatory obstacles, etc.

Probably.

It's not going to shut up RWM. I've had to listen to Fox News all day today, and they won't stop talking about how great Elon getting Twitter would be

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Dumb nutrition question:
I tried the Body armor Lyte sports drink because I glanced at the calories on the back, saw 35 for the bottle, and thought "Cool."

Then I put it in Carb Manager and it said 33 carbs. And I looked closer at the back of the bottle and it confirmed the 33 carbs. Now I'm not a food science man, but 33 carbs should be way more than 35 calories. There's zero fiber or sugar alcohols listed which could possibly explain the difference.

So did I have a nice low calorie drink or a regular sugary drink?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

They really did sink the Russian warship.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Yes this one, thanks. I goofed up the quote a bit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CannonFodder posted:

Dumb nutrition question:
I tried the Body armor Lyte sports drink because I glanced at the calories on the back, saw 35 for the bottle, and thought "Cool."

Then I put it in Carb Manager and it said 33 carbs. And I looked closer at the back of the bottle and it confirmed the 33 carbs. Now I'm not a food science man, but 33 carbs should be way more than 35 calories. There's zero fiber or sugar alcohols listed which could possibly explain the difference.

So did I have a nice low calorie drink or a regular sugary drink?

I'm looking at a 20 ounce Gatorade and it's 140 calories with 36 grams of carbohydrates, almost entirely added sugar if that helps you.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Kelly has outdone himself, again

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well that's it. Kelly has peaked.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

fsif posted:

Same. Every time crypto takes a dive this thread and others fill up with Tulipmania, but the market always stabilizes/recovers. It feels like wishful thinking.

I imagine $50 or whatever video clips of Jrue Holiday making a sick assist after a regular season will probably age like Beanie Babies, but any made up nonsense a rich person is shelling out tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars for will find a way to appreciate.

we have to decouple crypto from NFTs in this evaluation. Crypto has *some* value and NFTs, as a concept, have value. But the execution of NFTs is just dumb as hell.

And really it was just Bitcoin and Ethereum (and derivatives off those) that had any value. There are a billion other dumb as dogshit coins that never went anywhere. Similarly, the NFT market is BAYC, CryptoPunks, TopShot, and a billion dogshit NFTs that are completely worthless.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Blowjob Overtime posted:

SpaceX and Tesla are him writing Rocket Ship and Electric Car on a white board, pointing to it, and letting a whole lot of smarter people than him make design decisions and get things done. There are scientists and engineers doing experiments, making prototypes, and (presumably) trying to make a decent product. He makes decisions, but he can't reverse the laws of physics, mechanics, chemistry, etc. that ultimately determine what can and cannot be done.

If I’m not mistaken, he bought both companies and has grown them.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

seiferguy posted:

Kelly has outdone himself, again

Lindsay Graham :laffo:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/hike_charity/status/1514594342865936384

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
ants are gone, whats the problem

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Not nearly as bad as I was expecting TBH.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Neil Armbong posted:

If I’m not mistaken, he bought both companies and has grown them.

Kudos to him for that? It's not really relevant to the point: him owning businesses that manufacture a physical good is very different from him owning one of the largest social media platforms in the world.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Dango Bango posted:

drat wandler glad your (mom's?) windows are holding up with how high that snow is.

That was my first thought as well. That would be a nightmare if the weight broke one or more windows and the snow poured in

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Got em

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/freebeacon/status/1514691339639791629?s=21&t=pWfw-UxfMYSZ6L_8X6F0xg

Huh

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I’m just glad those Very Good Dogs are OK.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

1. There was probably someone off stage that he was gesturing/speaking to right after he finished

2. Anything from the Free Beacon should be taken with a salt lick

3. It is still a very funny visual

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I’ve been listening to Effectively Wild the Fangraphs baseball podcast and they just went on at length about Sean Murphy getting hit in the butt. They talk about camera angles and slow mo effects on perspective and how basically every aspect of this was delightful and all I can think of is how can you not be romantic about baseball.

Also that hinders is another term for butt is just swell too

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/intelSEBASTIAN/status/1514659192216297472

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/intelsebastian/status/1514659192216297472?s=21

Same friend. Same.

EFB!

Gerontocracy baby. Strap in. Gonna be a wild ride w corpses propped up in the senate like the cadaver synod

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 14, 2022

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Reagan was fortunate his mental decline was before the internet/twitter

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Well now I have a much better plan for evening out my yard than I had before...

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I don't know, this seems like a really good way to spread ants all over the place.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

When you step on an ant pile, you get them really riled up and angry. How mad are they when you blow their nest up? Because you know there's survivors.

And they're pissed.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

When you step on an ant pile, you get them really riled up and angry. How mad are they when you blow their nest up? Because you know there's survivors.

And they're pissed.

We all know where this leads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hda_tCnh5pE

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This is the most important story of our age

https://twitter.com/johnhinckley20/status/1514720900821798917?s=21&t=4GFCYt0eV5rvYaEbHjI_rA

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Silly Burrito posted:

And they're pissed.

This seems like it's the start of a mission from SimAnts

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ugh, Logan Square Auditorium has crappy acoustics.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Weird that he's headlining a show and not doing the festival circuit. That's where I'd expect to see an 80's act with one almost-hit playing.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Spoeank posted:

we have to decouple crypto from NFTs in this evaluation. Crypto has *some* value and NFTs, as a concept, have value. But the execution of NFTs is just dumb as hell.

And really it was just Bitcoin and Ethereum (and derivatives off those) that had any value. There are a billion other dumb as dogshit coins that never went anywhere. Similarly, the NFT market is BAYC, CryptoPunks, TopShot, and a billion dogshit NFTs that are completely worthless.

I agree.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Eventual new ALAB podcast lookin good

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://twitter.com/Isobellllla/status/1514343641891942411

what...what ends with "ids" next to the sex toy catagory :stonk:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh god dammit, my mother in law's been victimized by one of those incredibly obvious "you've been hacked!" web site popups, called the number on the screen, bought store cards to pay them, let them remote desktop onto her machine, the works. I thought we'd explained this poo poo before! They opened a bank account in her name with BofA, with the wrong birthdate, no middle name, and we don't know if they had her SSN or not, and BofA only contacted her by phone when they tried to change the mailing address 24 hours later. Apparently they "opened the account anyway" despite incorrect personal info because they "saw she has excellent credit". What the gently caress, BofA.
:negative:
She's coming over on Saturday so I can check her laptop out. I'm just assuming right now that I'll need to, at the very least, run some tools and then reinstall the OS. A total wipe would be better but I dunno if her important data is backed up. I'm thinking right now I should set up a limited guest network on the wifi before she gets here? I don't credit these people with much sophistication but I'd hate to let something nasty loose on my home network.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Game Night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CDT

https://discord.gg/wGse5t3B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Leperflesh posted:

Oh god dammit, my mother in law's been victimized by one of those incredibly obvious "you've been hacked!" web site popups, called the number on the screen, bought store cards to pay them, let them remote desktop onto her machine, the works. I thought we'd explained this poo poo before! They opened a bank account in her name with BofA, with the wrong birthdate, no middle name, and we don't know if they had her SSN or not, and BofA only contacted her by phone when they tried to change the mailing address 24 hours later. Apparently they "opened the account anyway" despite incorrect personal info because they "saw she has excellent credit". What the gently caress, BofA.
:negative:
She's coming over on Saturday so I can check her laptop out. I'm just assuming right now that I'll need to, at the very least, run some tools and then reinstall the OS. A total wipe would be better but I dunno if her important data is backed up. I'm thinking right now I should set up a limited guest network on the wifi before she gets here? I don't credit these people with much sophistication but I'd hate to let something nasty loose on my home network.

Just wipe it.