Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The fact that the game let's you do the dumbest poo poo possible is what really makes it.

Like, the NewLegacy boys did a run where they made every single match a "loser Leaves Town" match and thus everyone they beat was fired. They eventually found out that you can apply that stip to any other match type, including battle royals. So they just went to every promotion challenging people to Loser Leaves Town Battle Royals and getting the entire roster fired in one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That's amazing, how does the game handle the aftermath of something like that???

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
You should look up their video because it’s amazing. I think it’s the Andrew Everett story highlights part eight by new legacy Inc.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Jiro posted:

That's amazing, how does the game handle the aftermath of something like that???

It just fires them, the game just let's you empty an entire promotions roster and there's no game over. I think the only Game Over is if your character just straight up dies.

I think Booker mode it's if you run out of money, which led to another amazing NL moment where they were playing as JR booking WWE "in character" which meant hiring Dr Death Steve Williams to a 2 million dollar per match contract, which meant every time they booked him it'd instantly bankrupt the company and also he was the world champion.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Once nL got enough people fired, multiple copies of the same person wound up being booked in matches. I forget the specifics but there was a big tag match with like 3 Ric Flair's in it.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

PublicOpinion posted:

Once nL got enough people fired, multiple copies of the same person wound up being booked in matches. I forget the specifics but there was a big tag match with like 3 Ric Flair's in it.

I think Ric Flair at that point was the only person that hadn't been fired so he was simultaneously the Owner, the Ref, the Commentator and also every Champion and the game just shat itself

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

There was a match with multiple Ric Flairs, multiple Jun Akiyamas, multiple Andrew Everetts, and multiple Minoru Suzukis. Andrew Everett won the match but three other Andrew Everetts lost so he had to go back to wrestling school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg0AHM0CykA&t=9919s

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 13, 2022

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Regrettable posted:

There was a match with multiple Ric Flairs, multiple Jun Akiyamas, multiple Andrew Everetts, and multiple Minoru Suzukis. Andrew Everett both won and lost the match and had to go back to wrestling school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg0AHM0CykA&t=9919s

More than that, he got fired from being dead.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I should mention that part or just let people find out on their own.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Fly Ricky posted:

Can I do Fire Pro on an M1 Mac? What’s the best route? Parallels? Never tried Windows stuff on Mac and this is the only thing that has ever sparked a desire to do so.

I had best results with Boot Camp but it depends on how much memory you have- you want to be able to set aside more than 4 GB because on top of the game there’s the system software.

Also they’re just giving Windows 10 away now.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Maxwell Lord posted:

I had best results with Boot Camp but it depends on how much memory you have- you want to be able to set aside more than 4 GB because on top of the game there’s the system software.

Also they’re just giving Windows 10 away now.

Thanks. Sounds like it’s worth a shot with an 8GB M1 if all I’m out is the $30 or whatever it is on Steam.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

2k22 is 25% off in the PSN Spring Sale

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Jiro posted:

as others have pointed out it just dumps the losers into wrestling school.

However if you do the same thing at wrestling school, I think it just kills all the people who lost.

Because Mdickie is a mad man

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Drakkel posted:

It just fires them, the game just let's you empty an entire promotions roster and there's no game over. I think the only Game Over is if your character just straight up dies.

I think Booker mode it's if you run out of money, which led to another amazing NL moment where they were playing as JR booking WWE "in character" which meant hiring Dr Death Steve Williams to a 2 million dollar per match contract, which meant every time they booked him it'd instantly bankrupt the company and also he was the world champion.

I stumbled upon them doing that during some M Dickie sort of label on the roster and yeah hiring Dr. Death for a bajillion dollars, and hiring Scott Steiner with a nepotism clause that immediately hired Rick, who they then fired immediately AND paid him off. :laffo:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

joylessdivision posted:

as others have pointed out it just dumps the losers into wrestling school.

However if you do the same thing at wrestling school, I think it just kills all the people who lost.

Because Mdickie is a mad man

Yup, Andrew Everett managed to fire himself from death because the first loss put him in wrestling school, the second fired him from wrestling school killing him, and then the third loss in the same match unkilled him since the game didn't know what to do.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Regrettable posted:

Yup, Andrew Everett managed to fire himself from death because the first loss put him in wrestling school, the second fired him from wrestling school killing him, and then the third loss in the same match unkilled him since the game didn't know what to do.

That's right. Good lord that Andrew Everett saga was hysterical.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

joylessdivision posted:

That's right. Good lord that Andrew Everett saga was hysterical.

Thankfully it's in a handy dandy Andrew Everett playlist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kgH0FqyZ1s

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Jiro posted:

Thankfully it's in a handy dandy Andrew Everett playlist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kgH0FqyZ1s

:hmmyes: it's real good and I wish they would do more. Their Mdickie stuff is always great

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
Two-Zuki-Gun

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fightful says target date for aew game is end of september this year

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Super No Vacancy posted:

fightful says target date for aew game is end of september this year

What the gently caress. That seems... ridiculously soon. How long have they been working on it this at this point? Wish we were still getting updates on the YouTube games show, feels like ages since they've mentioned it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ganso Bomb posted:

What the gently caress. That seems... ridiculously soon. How long have they been working on it this at this point? Wish we were still getting updates on the YouTube games show, feels like ages since they've mentioned it.

The game was first announced with early trailer in November 2020.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

they originally claimed the game was coming out first quarter of 2022 and nope. I honestly dont expect this comes out this year

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

time to put yukes in charge of developing botw2

it does seem very soon and im skeptical but also worth considering that yukes had announced they were already working on an original wrestling IP years earlier

ie like mid-2019

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Yeah, Yukes had already been working on a non-WWE wrestling game even before they lost the WWE deal so it stands to reason they probably used whatever groundwork they'd already been building for the AEW project.

There's also the fact that they've shown very little of it. Just a few seconds super early gameplay here and there and some character models really.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GAME!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Drakkel posted:

I think Ric Flair at that point was the only person that hadn't been fired so he was simultaneously the Owner, the Ref, the Commentator and also every Champion and the game just shat itself

Flair v Flair v Flair: Whoever wins, we “woo”

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Looking forward to the next step in Yuke’s discourse, from “wow these guys can’t make a good game” to “well maybe 2K was just not letting them make a good game” back to “wow these guys can’t make a good game”

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Its been more than a decade but the Wrestle Kingdom and DOR games were pretty good. No guarantee they have that in them these days, but they were capable once upon a time. That said, go back that far you are going back to a time when the mainline Smackdown games were pretty good too, so who knows?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Drakkel posted:

The fact that the game let's you do the dumbest poo poo possible is what really makes it.

Like, the NewLegacy boys did a run where they made every single match a "loser Leaves Town" match and thus everyone they beat was fired. They eventually found out that you can apply that stip to any other match type, including battle royals. So they just went to every promotion challenging people to Loser Leaves Town Battle Royals and getting the entire roster fired in one day.

I think my second guy won a "hair vs. hair battle royal" so the entire roster of whatever company just ended up being bald

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DignifiedKindCaribouRalpherZ-8e_EjcRnM7diCzRg

Holy poo poo, talk about something aging like milk

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

drat that could be funny if anyone says anything. ............................................................... i am the great cornholio

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't mean to criticize the video. just "observing" here with my pals. it's good.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
it was incredibly bad timing that both that game and the previous one came out and they had stories with eddie and benoit getting put in caskets/buried by undertaker even back then

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

it was incredibly bad timing that both that game and the previous one came out and they had stories with eddie and benoit getting put in caskets/buried by undertaker even back then

Didn't one of those games have a Zombie Benoit at one point? Like he'd been possessed by Undertaker or some such nonsense. Maybe it was someone else.

I miss the absurdly dumb WWE game storylines that involved stuff like "Beat up all the druids"

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Santino and Finley could be Zombified if you controlled the undertaker’s urn.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:laffo: holy poo poo

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Golden Bee posted:

Santino and Finley could be Zombified if you controlled the undertaker’s urn.

SmackDown vs. Raw 2009. "Press X to do magic." :lol:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So I started a career in Wrestling Empire with one of the premade characters and after my first match someone stole my gear and wanted me to pay them to get it back. I told them no thinking I'd be able to buy new clothes later but I haven't seen any way to spend money at all in this game.

I don't really care about wrestling in my underwear because it's funny but is there a way to spend money? Whenever I click Gimmick between matches it greys everything out. Do I need to advance the story to a certain point or go somewhere in the city?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I started a career in Wrestling Empire with one of the premade characters and after my first match someone stole my gear and wanted me to pay them to get it back. I told them no thinking I'd be able to buy new clothes later but I haven't seen any way to spend money at all in this game.

I don't really care about wrestling in my underwear because it's funny but is there a way to spend money? Whenever I click Gimmick between matches it greys everything out. Do I need to advance the story to a certain point or go somewhere in the city?

I think you can just go back to the character editor and change the outfit???