Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The Dollop has always sucked about this. The most odious aspect is that they'll act a bit like Robert here and be like "oh my god I cant believe you are making a big deal out of this I'm not loving calling all of these sources!!!!!!!!!" and then when people respond by saying that's not what is being suggested they'll add the most cursory bullshit at the end of the episode or MAYBE up front in passing.

They make their living from other people's work and that includes paying someone $15/hr to summarize it for them. Most of the time they won't even bother to learn how to pronounce the names of the authors or the main characters of the stories they are telling. Lazy bullshit top to bottom.

KF is always on point, as far as I can tell, because Dan is meticulous and rigorous in his work and ethics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

The Dollop has always sucked about this. The most odious aspect is that they'll act a bit like Robert here and be like "oh my god I cant believe you are making a big deal out of this I'm not loving calling all of these sources!!!!!!!!!" and then when people respond by saying that's not what is being suggested they'll add the most cursory bullshit at the end of the episode or MAYBE up front in passing.

They make their living from other people's work and that includes paying someone $15/hr to summarize it for them. Most of the time they won't even bother to learn how to pronounce the names of the authors or the main characters of the stories they are telling. Lazy bullshit top to bottom.

KF is always on point, as far as I can tell, because Dan is meticulous and rigorous in his work and ethics.

But has he asked alex for permission before he made his content solely based on him :ohdear:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Tree Dude posted:

I can forgive the poor quality of her audio

I had serious problems trying to understand what she was saying and got frustrated after I had to rewind half a dozen times and listen intently. The constant audio glitches (laptop mic with wifi packet loss?) plus accent were too much. My English is decent, but not good enough to understand her reliably. :(

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Xakura posted:

But has he asked alex for permission before he made his content solely based on him :ohdear:

Dan has a fireproof safe with 2 thumb drives in it holding copies of the audio clip where Alex swears on air that anyone can air his clips and discuss them because he's just speaking the truth!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

It's been awhile since I've listened to Last Podcast on the Left, but they seemed to thread the needle that way. If it was primarily one source they'd cite the book heavily and basically do an elevator pitch for it at the beginning and the end of the episode, specifically pushing it as "hey, there's a bunch of cool side stories like X, Y and Z that we didn't cover in the podcast cause if you want to know every little detail buy the book." I think the LPotL episodes on Tupac and Biggie got them a thank you email from some writer who looked them up after wondering why the hell they were suddenly selling hundreds of copies of a niche book.

yeah LPOTL usually gives a pretty heavy shoutout to whoever they are writing from

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

especially compared to Dave who is or was pretty much a serial plagiarist at this point

I havent really listened to the Dollop in a year or two so I guess he might have improved but I really doubt it, theres entire chunks of the archives missing because he literally was reading an article word for word, then he kind of ssort of started citing his sources in a web page that was really hard to find, and then when called out on that, he finally started actually announcing stuff but never stopped lifting passages verbatim for use and never citing them

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

yeah LPOTL usually gives a pretty heavy shoutout to whoever they are writing from

especially compared to Dave who is or was pretty much a serial plagiarist at this point

I havent really listened to the Dollop in a year or two so I guess he might have improved but I really doubt it, theres entire chunks of the archives missing because he literally was reading an article word for word, then he kind of ssort of started citing his sources in a web page that was really hard to find, and then when called out on that, he finally started actually announcing stuff but never stopped lifting passages verbatim for use and never citing them

Dude what's the big deal it's not like they are making mon- oh wait hold up:

(this doesn't include the ads which, I assume, probably double this figure)

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 13, 2022

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, I remember a really frustrating aspect during the first big plagiarism blowup and arguing with the couple defenders was that The Dollop could have just straight up paid for the article and everything would have been fine for both sides.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Dan also doesn't report on anything behind a paywall as a general rule.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Amanda’s stories about going to third locations alone with these fuckers set off every red flag true crime podcasts have drilled into me. I think she even went into the woods with one.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Speaking of not behind a paywall, I was bored last night and decided to google Project Camelot since I just wrapped up the entire Wacky Wednesday series. Fortunately for me, just yesterday, Kerry posted a new video with 30 minutes of analysis of the most recent political happenings!

Kerry Cassidy posted:

WHAT’S COMING? Global Reset?

This is a follow-up to my last video called SPACE COMMAND: SHOWING THE PEOPLE. In this video I talk about the very recent statements by Juan O Savin and Alex Jones.. basically saying we are in for some dark days ahead.

If you've never actually seen her speak, you should definitely check out the video! The production values are straight from the early 2000's internet, beginning with a needlessly long title-card sequence featuring a cheetah. In the first 10 minutes you'll get more than a dozen references to the movie(not book) Grapes of Wrath, warnings from JFK Jr., a casual reference that Jesus has been kicking around "for some time", and the startling revelation that Kerry texts Juan O Savin frequently, but she doesn't if he gets them because he doesn't respond!

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 14, 2022

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Oh god, I'd never actually seen her face before. I think there must be something about the way she does her makeup that's just... making her eyeballs look bruised. It's very distressing.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I also had never seen Kerry before and yet she looks exactly as I expected.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Hi Kerry!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I relistened to the first Mark Richards episode while don't JG yardwork (#79, Meet Captain Mark Richards) and its easily one of the best episodes of any podcast. Even better than I remember. Especially because Dan kept as much from Jordan as long as he could and each new piece of insanity brings such pure joy

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Welcome to the dreamy creamy era, everybody

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

What does Lionel look like? I feel like I have a strong picture in my head.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Cat Puke posted:

A video of him was posted earlier itt:;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrh-1QqvhjA

It's marked as "Not available in your country" (UK) now, maybe it's available wherever you are, but I wasn't surprised by how he looked.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Cat Puke posted:

https://twitter.com/RT_America/status/1126591008333029377?s=20&t=8720A4fxLG6cAu_GHvYcHA

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I didn't really have an image in my mind for Lionel, but nothing about this photo shocks me

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Looks like a lawyer who offer results now!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

He got swirlied so hard in school.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Shinji2015 posted:

I didn't really have an image in my mind for Lionel, but nothing about this photo shocks me

After a long life of watching Republicans wage moral panics against me and everything I like, I can honestly say I never expected them to go after a water bottling company I drink sometimes

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Wow, that's the engagement RT has? They really rely heavily on the grift machine for their international influence, huh.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Just read through this Bill Ogden AMA on the KF subreddit and now I have his preferred brand of Gummi Worms in my next cart.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 16, 2022

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

DarklyDreaming posted:

After a long life of watching Republicans wage moral panics against me and everything I like, I can honestly say I never expected them to go after a water bottling company I drink sometimes

Tbh, I'm surprised the name wasn't a bigger deal for RWM at one point, and maybe it was and I forgot, idk. There's been so much culture war BS the past few years that it's starting to bleed together if it's not about anything important. Hell, I listened to the free sample of this week's premium episode of the QAA podcast and was reminded that the Monster energy drink lady who said that poo poo about it being from Satan was eight years ago, and that felt like it happened yesterday.

"They're TELLING us... that we're drinking DEATH... right on the label!" - Lionel in that clip, probably (I didn't watch it)

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm listening through the back catalog and in 2017 it's actually cute that the boys still think Trump is gonna get kicked out of office over the Russian collusion

You poor, sweet summer children

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Tree Dude posted:

Just read through this Bill Ogden AMA on the KF subreddit and now I have his preferred brand of Gummi Worms in my next cart.

Hard :same:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Shinji2015 posted:

Hell, I listened to the free sample of this week's premium episode of the QAA podcast and was reminded that the Monster energy drink lady who said that poo poo about it being from Satan was eight years ago, and that felt like it happened yesterday.

"They're TELLING us... that we're drinking DEATH... right on the label!" - Lionel in that clip, probably (I didn't watch it)
It's hilarious

The Hebrew "vav" -- ו -- represents "v" or "w" in Roman script and counts as "6" in Hebrew numbers, and the three claw marks in Monster's logo happen to look pretty similar.

No one actually versed in the Hebrew or Greek numbering systems would represent "666" as "ווו" but here we are. In the Greek it's 600 + 60 + 6, "χξϛ". In Hebrew numbering it's what "Nero Caesar" adds up to after transliterating into Hebrew (and it's incredibly unlikely that wasn't the actual intent). But gematria (the practice of finding meaning in numbers when it's probably not actually there) don't care.

Haven't seen it in a while but it's also been argued that the "www" in websites is also this.

stringless fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Apr 17, 2022

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
You don't have to be well versed in Hebrew or Greek. You just have to know that positional number systems (the first being the Hindu-Arabic system) weren't invented and certainly didn't make their way to Europe until after the Muslim conquests. -that is to say, way way way after the bible was written

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

What does

twerking on the railroad posted:

positional number systems
mean?

Is it individual base-10 digits instead of additive? 303 vs CCCIII?

Because that development is more obscure tbh

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

FFT posted:

What does

mean?

Is it individual base-10 digits instead of additive? 303 vs CCCIII?

Because that development is more obscure tbh

Yes, having individual base-whatever digits.

And it's only obscure because it's hard to imagine life without it once you've learned about it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

twerking on the railroad posted:

And it's only obscure because it's hard to imagine life without it once you've learned about it.
Oh yeah, no poo poo, I have 4+ years of school Spanish under my belt and it wasn't until a couple of days ago that I learned the Spanish for zero ("cero")

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/business/status/1515932101748703233

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Can't wait for Alex to come out on his very next show and say "We're not bankrupt"

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Doesn't look like it's Freespeech systems which is the main company

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Now it all depends on how the suit re: him shielding assets unlawfully goes. If that suit isn’t able to clawback money, the sandy hook victims are going to get nothing.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Firstscion posted:

Doesn't look like it's Freespeech systems which is the main company

So Dan and Jordan remain safe?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

Now it all depends on how the suit re: him shielding assets unlawfully goes. If that suit isn’t able to clawback money, the sandy hook victims are going to get nothing.

They wouldn't even be this far if Jones was hiring and listening to competent lawyers saying "yeah you should probably actually show up to that court hearing." I consider it a low likelihood that will change. He's just going to get angrier and more unhinged, wanting bigger fights and more thoroughly vanquished enemies. Calming down and taking things seriously in the face of loss and escalation isn't exactly his thing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bird food bathtub posted:

They wouldn't even be this far if Jones was hiring and listening to competent lawyers saying "yeah you should probably actually show up to that court hearing." I consider it a low likelihood that will change. He's just going to get angrier and more unhinged, wanting bigger fights and more thoroughly vanquished enemies. Calming down and taking things seriously in the face of loss and escalation isn't exactly his thing.

The issue is that infowars and jones personally have divested themselves of $70m or so and hidden it via obfuscated LLCs and trusts, of which some accounts are certainly international. The only way Jones ends up paying a penny to the Sandy Hook people is if the courts are able to find the money to claw it back and rule that it is proper to do so. This has been Jones’ plan to avoid liability since day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Like most legal strategies Alex uses, I expect this to be half-assed and fail