Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

Bryan: "... if they brought in someone like say Braun Strowman, I'm not advocating for--"

Dave: "UUUUUUGGGGHHHHHH!!!"

that made me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Rick posted:

My favorite Art Bell moment actually was about a week after he moved to KFI in Los Angeles, Phil Hendrie (who was working the evening shift at the time) did a spot on impression of him and basically parodied the famous call from the airplane with a guy launching a space craft. Art said at some point it was one of the funniest thing he heard.

This should be all of them.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

One hundred percent agree with Bryan's "show it on Dynamite" rant.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/maturelisteners/status/1515118234604904462?t=pvGwmQKy6M0XRJ7xwylZKQ&s=19

We get into some wrestling chat on the latest episode of Mature Listeners' random chat spinoff Does Saturday Work For You?, including a discussion of whether Jim Cornette would be a good guest on Real Time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does shane accept that anime is superior to live action

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

does shane accept that anime is superior to live action

Never

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fail

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dango Bango posted:

One hundred percent agree with Bryan's "show it on Dynamite" rant.

https://streamable.com/kg1cjs

It's a great rant.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Eh. I've seen ROH's attempt to introduce Danhausen to their audience and explain him, and... maybe it's better not to try to explain Danhausen.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm not sure why in all of wrestling's history of "just go with it" gimmicks, Danhausen is the one that's too far.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Danhausen would hit better if Michael Cole was on commentary telling us that Danhausen "loves to have fun"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://anchor.fm/the-proletariat-lariat/episodes/The-Proletariat-Lariat-Episode-10-Combat-Burnoutism-feat-Nate-Excallq-e1h94jl
Proud of the title for this lol: re-joined by our co-host Austin G and returning guest Nate to talk about the very important subject of burnout in both the organizing space and the wrestling fandom/industry. We talk about each of our personal struggles with burnout and how we have made efforts to get a handle on them. Then I give a quick trip report of the Enjoy wrestling show I attended recently before we dive into the Highlights and Lowlights of AEW Dynamite 4/13/22

If you want a shout out in the podcast donate to https://fund.nnaf.org/fundraiser/3736237 where I'm raising funds for Western PA Fund For Choice in the annual Abortion Fund-a-Thon for the Pittsburgh DSA Team.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The retro review on this week's Deadlock is loving incredible

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Pillman's got a gun is cool and all but I can't wait to see what they think of Mr. Tall.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pylons posted:

I'm not sure why in all of wrestling's history of "just go with it" gimmicks, Danhausen is the one that's too far.

On one hand it would be good to explain at least something about this person, but on the other hand that would mean him being on tv more than he is right now which is already a bit over the line of more than enough. So it's a conundrum.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
he clearly needs to be on more considering there are still danhausen haters & doubters roaming around

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I laughed them describing JAS on the runway as "Five Star GTA Style"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’m not a Danhausen fan at all. But him being a little freak who wanders around backstage and hangs out in trash cans is perfect. It’s legit a great use of him.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I really like AEW and its focus on long-term storytelling via both in-ring performance and backstage/taped interactions (Hangman saga, etc). A fan's appreciation for these developments will be much higher if they're a diehard watcher (like most of this thread).

I also like the occasional ridiculous bit of nonsensical comedy. Hangman in the Stay Puft costume, Orange Cassidy hijinx, and Danhausen curses etc are excellent stand-alone bits. They're a nice change of pace in between the "serious" segments of say MJF-Punk and Mox-Yuta, and a casual fan or brand new watcher (like my dad) can fully appreciate them.

I'm quite curious to see the setup for Danhausen's return to the ring. Feels like there's good potential to surprise us by having him become involved in some in-ring action before they actually book and advertise a legit match.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

yeah, I suspect HOOK's first loss will be to Danhausen, and that'll be pretty cool imo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Venomous posted:

yeah, I suspect HOOK's first loss will be to Danhausen, and that'll be pretty cool imo

:crossarms:

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Bryan and Viiiiinnie show Bryan and Viiiiinnie show Bryan and Viiiiinnie show

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

mooseinfants posted:

Bryan and Viiiiinnie show Bryan and Viiiiinnie show Bryan and Viiiiinnie show

that new song is so bad haha

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
the other new one theyre using is pretty good, i like it more than the regular theme

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the Tenacious D sounding one is good but it's annoyed me that none of them realize it's trying to be Tenacious D

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Venomous posted:

isnt this illegal? mods???

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

isnt this illegal? mods???

that would be the most dogshit booking in history

book Danhausen against Serpentico first, would be excellent comedy

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Danhausen curses Hook and Taz to swap bodies. Danhausen still gets his rear end kicked because Taz in his sons body is still incredibly dangerous.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i wanted HOOK’s first loss to come to super heroic babyface Cody Rhodes but now idk. just have him win all the time i guess

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
years ago, during a Tna review, talking about Kurt angle's hacked cellphone making a stupid tweet, Dave asks "why is it always drug addicts who are getting their phone hacked? I'm just asking." I think about that a lot sometimes

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The new intro songs have doubled the entertainment value of B&V to me

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RealityWarCriminal posted:

years ago, during a Tna review, talking about Kurt angle's hacked cellphone making a stupid tweet, Dave asks "why is it always drug addicts who are getting their phone hacked? I'm just asking." I think about that a lot sometimes

It's like how some people recover quicker from injuries.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6O7Mb9A2bY

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

lol

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Oh my god.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

This might be the best thing ever created

Can it just autoplay whenever we come to this thread?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Danhausen curses Hook and Taz to swap bodies. Danhausen still gets his rear end kicked because Taz in his sons body is still incredibly dangerous.

this but unironically. wrestling should have more goofy poo poo imo

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

vibin to this right now

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

the last 30 seconds are different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU