Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

The three times I poo poo my pants as an adult.

They say you get three great ones in your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?
I was at a party with Sandwich Anarchist and he poured me a drink of expensive scotch and I downed it like a shot because I got my social wires crossed.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I was at a gig many years ago (Rammstein, for those interested) and I was very drunk. Saw a cool looking girl at the bar wearing a low-cut top with a hand grenade on the front. Assuming that this was a hot goon chick in the wild I drunkenly blurted out to her

"HEY WHAT COLOUR ARE THE STAIRS IN YOUR HOUSE?"

She was not a goon, merely a now very confused girl a million miles out of my league wearing a black top with a hand grenade on it, while I was a drunken sweaty mess who would later throw up in the toilets and pass out on the coach ride home.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

pretty sure there were some points in college when i had a literal neckbeard

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Dell_Zincht posted:

I was at a gig many years ago (Rammstein, for those interested) and I was very drunk. Saw a cool looking girl at the bar wearing a low-cut top with a hand grenade on the front. Assuming that this was a hot goon chick in the wild I drunkenly blurted out to her

She was not a goon, merely a girl a million miles out of my league wearing a black top with a hand grenade on it, while I was a drunken sweaty mess who would later throw up in the toilets and pass out on the coach ride home.

Owns

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Earwicker posted:

a friend i made through these forums led to me becoming the soundtrack composer for nerdy podcasts which led to getting booked to perform on a cruise ship populated almost entirely by people who hate sunshine and swimming pools and the ocean and spent the entire trip playing pen and paper rpg's and board games in the cafeteria. by far the gooniest place/situation ive ever been in and i bet some of you were on that boat!

As long as no McElroy brothers were onboard I guess that’s ok

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Dell_Zincht posted:

She was not a goon, merely a now very confused girl a million miles out of my league wearing a black top with a hand grenade on it, while I was a drunken sweaty mess who would later throw up in the toilets and pass out on the coach ride home.
tbh i'm proud of you for putting yourself out there and shooting your shot goon

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
that first psychotic break

and the second

and the third

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it's not one specific moment but anytime Dark Souls games come up I just can't help myself from talking way too much about it.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Frank Frank posted:

I wore one of the black grenade logo shirts out to a bar circa 2003 and some dude said the “stairs” thing to me like it was the funniest thing in the world and I pretended like I didn’t know what he was talking about. I never wore that shirt in public again.

Lmao that is both hilarious and cruel

Poor guy was probably super excited

My gooniest moment was randomly overhearing some dude mention science fiction books in the bar we were at and ending up sharing recommendations with each other for like 15 minutes

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Probably when someone makes a joke on social media but I miss the sarcasm and spend an hour collecting references to explain why their comment is factually inaccurate, then after posting, I realise "oh they were probably just joking" and delete my post.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Das Boo posted:

I briefly dated the guy who now owns the original Sonichu amulet.

Did he give you a card that read "I Sonichu-chu-choose You?"

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I worked at a comic book store as my first job because I knew how to Ebay warhams and which cords went to which consoles :doh:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Tomarrow I'm going to ask my co-worker if birds count as wyvern because I know it'll get him flustered.

I think they are for the record.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I blew off a first date in college to play Rock Band with a bunch of other nerds from my Statistics Class. I told her I had a ton of homework and could see her the next week.

She, rightfully, never spoke to me again.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Standing somewhat drunk in a chinese take-out place. Trying to have a conversation with one of the cooks that doesn't work out so well - his poor english and my slurred speech. He smiles and hands me a fortune cookie. I never get to learn my fortune because I accidentally ate it.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Frank Frank posted:

I wore one of the black grenade logo shirts out to a bar circa 2003 and some dude said the “stairs” thing to me like it was the funniest thing in the world and I pretended like I didn’t know what he was talking about. I never wore that shirt in public again.

Dell_Zincht posted:

SA: Missed Connections

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Treecko posted:

Tomarrow I'm going to ask my co-worker if birds count as wyvern because I know it'll get him flustered.

I think they are for the record.

Are you talking the sort of flustered that confuses, or the sort of flustered that reading out the Dragon Chronicles is gonna get someone sent to HR?

Also all wyvern are birds but not all birds are wyvern, this is basic stuff, come on.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Definitely the kind of flustered that makes him go on an hour long 'well actually' tirade.

My next point of contention will be that flying squirrels count as dragons. 4 limb and wings, def a dragon.

It's how we get though the day there's no HR jeez.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Also Jesus is a lich and he couldn't prove me wrong. The phalactary is every cross in the world so you can't destroy it. Suck it :devil:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

guy who wears website tshirt and is too cool to talk about website in public is a top 10 goon archetype imo

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i was at dsa convention in chicago and a goon stood up in front of like 60 people and asked if anyone had stairs in their house and we made eye contact and they knew but i didn't deny them like peter in the garden

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
oh god it's too early in the morning to start delving through all my repressed memories

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

im not a goon, op

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Treecko posted:

Definitely the kind of flustered that makes him go on an hour long 'well actually' tirade.

My next point of contention will be that flying squirrels count as dragons. 4 limb and wings, def a dragon.

It's how we get though the day there's no HR jeez.

Hey look, I'm asking questions here, you can't look at the other posts and think people are gonna assume the best, come on. Also if there's no HR then you now get to claim the title of HR, that's how it works.

Flying squirrels are dragons only if your definition of dragon doesn't involve combustion or similar and you're talking just framework. If so then yeah, flying squirrels are definitely dragons and that loving rules.

Treecko posted:

Also Jesus is a lich and he couldn't prove me wrong. The phalactary is every cross in the world so you can't destroy it. Suck it :devil:

Jesus was a lich, he's probably in demi-lich territory now tho.

jarofpiss posted:

guy who wears website tshirt and is too cool to talk about website in public is a top 10 goon archetype imo

Regretted choices you've made that have gotten you in the situation you are now is absolutely a top goon archetype.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Flying squirrels power is pure cuteness. They don't need fire. I guess they'd be an earth elemental.

Jesus is still a lich he lives on in our hearts...? And his sacrifice was himself.

Oh yeah I got all the bases covered.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Over a decade ago I posted a thread in E/N and got mocked so mercilessly I changed my username and av lmao

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Earwicker posted:

a friend i made through these forums led to me becoming the soundtrack composer for nerdy podcasts which led to getting booked to perform on a cruise ship populated almost entirely by people who hate sunshine and swimming pools and the ocean and spent the entire trip playing pen and paper rpg's and board games in the cafeteria. by far the gooniest place/situation ive ever been in and i bet some of you were on that boat!

8Ball says DOUBTFUL. Goons spend their money way too fast on takeout, new laptops, liquor, metal CDs, streaming TV/movie websites, high end footwear and fetish sites etc. to ever be able to afford a cruise. Three Olives excepted, obviously.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

syntaxfunction posted:

Flying squirrels are dragons only if your definition of dragon doesn't involve combustion or similar and you're talking just framework. If so then yeah, flying squirrels are definitely dragons and that loving rules.

When I was a dragon in a past life, I was basically just what you described. A small flying creature that had no combustion. I got eated really quickly.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
I was meeting up with a goon irl but forgot to ask his name so when I thought I saw him I asked, in a joking type voice, if he had stairs in his house. And the guy I asked was confused as gently caress and wanted to know why I was concerned about his house.

Then when I saw the correct person I just asked if he was from SA and he asked if i had stairs in my house so I got to experience the awkward on both ends

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I shiiiiit myyyy pasaants everyvday

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I must confess I have never played a single game of DnD and I pull things out of my rear end nonstop to play devils advocate.

But I'm also not wrong persay :goonsay:

My bud ain't even a goon he was a newgrounds kid :rolleyes:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Burned my mouth on a hot pocket

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
He makes fun of me when I bring up SA and said I must be the youngest member.

Bitch were the same age

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
It was like 2005 and some girl at the community college was laughing at something on ebaumsworld so, being the loving master pickup artist that i was, i said "they steal a lot of their stuff from something awful dot com"

she tore all my clothes off and hosed me on the spot and definitely didn't just look at me confused and say "...ok"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I ordered the grilled cheese and mozzarella stick sandwich at Denny's once

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
So I was chatting with this girl, who had just broken up with her boyfriend (my best friend) and was (in hindsight obviously) looking for a rebound. So we're talking, we get into the topic of relationships and she eventually says "If a guy really wants to know if I'm into him or not, he should just take charge and kiss me". I looked at her for a few seconds, before nodding and moving on with the conversation. She left shortly after.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ellasmith posted:

As seasoned SA goons, we all know that there are times when you just have to go hog wild and goon it up. So, fellow goons, when have you fully given in to your goonitude? What’s the gooniest thing you’ve ever done?

I've mentioned this a few times; a non-SA user who read my FF7 Let's Play on an offsite that resposted LPs (at the time the subforum was paywalled) stalked me on OkCupid. After hooking up with me she said it was for a bet with her chemistry major class who were all readers, and promptly disappeared, having presumably won the bet that she could track me and hook up with me.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Elentor posted:

I've mentioned this a few times; a non-SA user who read my FF7 Let's Play on an offsite that resposted LPs (at the time the subforum was paywalled) stalked me on OkCupid. After hooking up with me she said it was for a bet with her chemistry major class who were all readers, and promptly disappeared, having presumably won the bet that she could track me and hook up with me.

On the flip side, you’re probably one of the few people on the planet where doing an LP actively got you laid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the let’s play starfucker deserves an honorary account here