Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Reelism doesn't support multiplayer, right? Not a complaint, just wanna see if should try to get some friends together for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Glagha posted:

Reelism doesn't support multiplayer, right? Not a complaint, just wanna see if should try to get some friends together for this.

By the readme, it's not tested/supported but you're free to try

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
As far as I can tell the alt-fire for the fork-and-knife has no effect on gameplay, but as God is my witness I will mash that button every moment that I'm not stabbing monsters.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I got the pixelated mode and Amiga enemies at the same time and it was the perfect analogue to playing Gloom on an A500 :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Who are the enemies during Amiga and Amigos?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I just kicked out a hotfix for Reelism 2 that fixes a minor issue with the Half Monsters difficulty assist. Specifically, that it instantly crashes the game if the Strife NPCs show up. Also a couple of other little things.

Glagha posted:

We haven't really done anything to support multiplayer yet, but I don't think we've completely broken it either. The end screen will probably be busted, but maybe the game itself will be fine?

ChickenHeart posted:

As far as I can tell the alt-fire for the fork-and-knife has no effect on gameplay, but as God is my witness I will mash that button every moment that I'm not stabbing monsters.
IIRC it does a tiny bit of damage to nearby monsters that makes them flinch.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Who are the enemies during Amiga and Amigos?
Soldier guy is from Gloom Deluxe, which is alright.
Red alien is from Alien Breed 3D, which has an incredible GZDoom remake that's well worth a play.
Weird face alien is from Fears, which sucks.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

I think that went pretty well

edit: kinsie this is exquisite

Convex fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Apr 15, 2022

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

Can someone explain to me like I'm an idiot why I'm getting this visual bug with the spawn tiles for items? I'm using GZDoom 4.7.1 and Doom 2 as the main IWAD.

VVV That did it, thanks :thumbsup:

Thompsons fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 15, 2022

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Thompsons posted:

Can someone explain to me like I'm an idiot why I'm getting this visual bug with the spawn tiles for items? I'm using GZDoom 4.7.1 and Doom 2 as the main IWAD.
Looks like you're using the software renderer? Go to Options > Display Options and set Render Mode to Hardware Rendered.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo I wish I was home to play this.

Waited for so long and my personal reels turned up 'mini-vacation' on the same day as it's released.

UGH, gonna try and have fun, spending time with my family. /s

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think I'll be playing Reelism 2 a ton this weekend in between beating Blood, very excited that Reelism got revived/redone.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Project Brutailty does not work with Reelism 2

None of the weapons spawn or PB monster either so I think I have a Lil project

Or massive I have no idea I have never modded DOOM let alone try to splice together two huge mods

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

oops went to dog hell

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

DoombatINC posted:

oops went to dog hell

i went to dog hell without spending any points and made it to wave 3

went back with a full kit of weapons and health/armor, died at wave 2

Do Not Underestimate Dog Hell

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i made it to wave 4 with the pistol but there was A LOT of circling around

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I made it to Wave 8. :smug:

...I may have enabled half-damage before trying

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Kins, is there any way to permanently unlock the levels from the big top? I tend to play in shortish blasts and would like to just play some of those sometimes.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I'm new to Reelism and I'd like to know if there's a list of button binds it needs that I might not have for regular Doom. I don't see it mentioned in the readme or the in-game manual.

So far I've got "jump" (don't know how much I need to jump, but there was a menu prompt for it) and "activate item" (for grenades).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Peewi posted:

I'm new to Reelism and I'd like to know if there's a list of button binds it needs that I might not have for regular Doom. I don't see it mentioned in the readme or the in-game manual.

So far I've got "jump" (don't know how much I need to jump, but there was a menu prompt for it) and "activate item" (for grenades).

I think you'll need to be able to scroll through items but other than that, uhhh... maybe reload? I don't think many if any weapons in it need reloading though.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Peewi posted:

Bind Inventory swapping to switch between grenades and other items (I believe that's [ and ] by default) and also bind Alt-Fire if that's not already bound to right mouse click.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Thanks for the responses.

I guess it's meant to be played with mouselook enabled? The up/down auto-aim seems unreliable.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
There's something about the unreliable shotgun that causes it to crash the game when it breaks. Something about the sprite itself. I didn't screenshot the error in time, sadly.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Peewi posted:

Thanks for the responses.

I guess it's meant to be played with mouselook enabled? The up/down auto-aim seems unreliable.

To answer your question, yes, I believe so.

I generally have mouse look on for anything (g)zoom-related. If it needs that port, then I probably need mouse look.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Blattdorf posted:

There's something about the unreliable shotgun that causes it to crash the game when it breaks.

Bug report: unreliable shotgun is too reliable

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Blattdorf posted:

There's something about the unreliable shotgun that causes it to crash the game when it breaks. Something about the sprite itself. I didn't screenshot the error in time, sadly.

I kind of want that to be a feature

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I feel I am missing something in Reelism 2. How do you buy stuff in the town?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

I feel I am missing something in Reelism 2. How do you buy stuff in the town?

walk up to someone, hit the use button. Navigate the dialogue tree.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

walk up to someone, hit the use button. Navigate the dialogue tree.

No, no. I mean, how you are supposed to get money in a normal run, then go to the town to buy. (if that's how it's supposed to work, which I'm not sure of).

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Turin Turambar posted:

No, no. I mean, how you are supposed to get money in a normal run, then go to the town to buy. (if that's how it's supposed to work, which I'm not sure of).
When you die or win, you can hit Jump on the stats screen to go to Town with your points in tow to take along to your next go. It's perhaps not hugely well explained.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
For what is worth on easier maps at least I don't usually bother. It seems like you spend all that time buying weapons and ammo and then you could easily get a bad dice roll and die right away anyway.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Baron von Eevl posted:

For what is worth on easier maps at least I don't usually bother. It seems like you spend all that time buying weapons and ammo and then you could easily get a bad dice roll and die right away anyway.

That's my issue with getting to the other levels - you might get a few runs where things go badly even if you play relatively well and you're nowhere near the amount to unlock them. And then they're locked off again even after buying access to them after one run.

Edit: don't want to sound wholly negative about Reelism though - it's really fun otherwise.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Edit: don't want to sound wholly negative about Reelism though - it's really fun otherwise.
Oh, no, please, critique away! It's been so long since I got external feedback on a lot of this stuff, so hearing what works and what doesn't has been great.

As for the whims of the RNG wiping out all your careful planning, we tried to account for that in that some of the nastier modifiers are blocked from occuring in the first round. We could add more to that block list, but then we run the risk of the first round always being a bit samey...

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
That's what those special dice are for. If you get a bad round you can always roll the bones and hope you get something helpful to survive it or at least die gloriously.

It would be nice if buying certain items was quicker and easier, though. I feel like i spend too much time running around trying to remember where the guy with mega health/armor & backpack is hiding. Somebody selling an expensive item right near the zone teleporter that gives you 3 random town items/weapons would be a pretty nice addition to help with that

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Does the roulette revolver have different projectile types during a boss battle or was I just extremely lucky by spinning BFG balls 3 times out of 5?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I haven't played 1.0 yet, but at least from 0.65, I kinda miss the Wolf3D enemies and weapons (I know the big gun is in the Clockwork level though).

Can't wait to play tonight! :allears:

Edit: I'm loving it, but I have one issue; the menu. Is there a way to have it react to being hovered over by the mouse? That, or have the selection move with not just the arrow keys, but also the W and S keys?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 17, 2022

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Reached the credits, but I still have a lot of content and levels to find. Knee-jerk random thoughts ahead:

-I'll miss the stuff that didn't make it over from Reelism 1, yes even those Corridor 7 eyeballs that were basically reskinned cacodemons. I hope The Shapeshifter finds a new job.

-Grease slot remains my most despised modifier; so many runs ended by skidding into a hazard or wall. God help you on the bridge map.

-MF Wizard is my favorite boss to fight: Multiple phases; Attacks that require the player to pay attention to avoid but also doesn't just overwhelm them if they're dealing with a swarm of mooks; Fantastic voice lines. The Fighting Dialup Team also deserves a mention for being the bane of my existence just for their sheer unpredictability. Giant Imp feels like he's missing something...Imp katamari's? Imp Tank made of smaller tanks?

-Coin jackpot + Gun Runner = No survivors as GZDoom experiences a cascading meltdown trying to keep track of thousands of screaming coins.

-Jesus Christ someone else remembers The Adventures of Microman

-I'm still not a big fan of scrounging for measly scraps of ammo from fallen enemies; In later waves it becomes near-suicide to try and collect the drops among the throng of monsters only to find that you grabbed 20 bullets and a few rockets. I'd love to see larger units of ammo/backpacks as a potential spawn in maps.

-Amulet of Dog is glorious to behold in action. Well worth dealing with Dog Hell to unlock.

-I had a really stupid grin on my face when Medieval Madness started playing in the Solarium. The music choices in this game are as fantastic as they are varied.

-The FOOTBAWW is downright screaming for an alt-fire where you spike it into the ground as an unseen, bit-crunched audience cheers.

-What's the deal with the man eating rocks I'm really concerned for him

Edit: God I love all the art in this game

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I died from a puppet, and saw a Statler and Waldorf banner in the death screen.

A+.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

ChickenHeart posted:

-What's the deal with the man eating rocks I'm really concerned for him
He's living his best life, that's what his deal is

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Shadow Hog posted:

Well then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ChickenHeart posted:

Reached the credits, but I still have a lot of content and levels to find.
Dang, I had it in my head that nobody would delve that deep! I hope you like the bonus level you unlocked!

Thanks for the feedback and bug reports! Adding them to the list to deal with later after I actually play some games instead of molding them into weird misshapen Frankensteins.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Edit: I'm loving it, but I have one issue; the menu. Is there a way to have it react to being hovered over by the mouse? That, or have the selection move with not just the arrow keys, but also the W and S keys?
This is an engine setting. Go to Options > Mouse Options > Mouse in Menus. Change it from "Touchscreen-like" to "Yes".

Shadow Hog posted:

:hai:

Anyway, here's some cool new stuff that I didn't do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th0ZwUrQRbI
https://twitter.com/DanielWienerson/status/1515418983716978690
https://twitter.com/markiemusicpro/status/1510487155184857094