Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
more like a bank waddle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
au coin de la rue

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
Just a little bank run. As a treat

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

SubG posted:

more like a bank waddle

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

someones gonna get crimed arent they

always

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
always be criming

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

haveblue posted:

always be criming

my friend has a "be gay, do crime" t-shirt. looking at it now, there seem to be other variants, also.

i remember seeing the skeleton from the original infofile as a gang tag, here, so just thought someone might be interested in these.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

haveblue posted:

always be criming

no trace, no case.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Crime on a Dime posted:

no trace, no case.
yo apes is my case

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

isnt monero the preferred crime coin

someones gonna get crimed arent they

Monero is indeed a good privacycoin and yes, if you need to do a little cybercrime, get your payment in monero or cash out through monero

the bottleneck is liquidity. when your victim buys monero, others will be cashing that out just as hard and fast

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
type #crime to do a quick little bit of cybercrime

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Potato Salad posted:

Monero is indeed a good privacycoin and yes, if you need to do a little cybercrime, get your payment in monero or cash out through monero

the bottleneck is liquidity. when your victim buys monero, others will be cashing that out just as hard and fast

Liquidity is less of an issue with Monero, though, as it is the one cryptocurrency that has actual economic activity behind it. Sure, the $1 million in USD that your victim had to pay to buy Monero to get their hospital system's data unencrypted will be swooped up by other people cashing out, but when you are ready to sell your Monero to get USD, there will be hundreds of people putting USD into the Monero ecosystem to buy their heroin and methamphetamine.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I think some bitcoin maxis do this annually as a "proof of keys celebration" and unfortunately it never crashes the ecosystem like I would hope

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

I hope this guy names their kid Nonce, then they have to go to the UK for work

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

that baby foot is freaking me out

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Satoshi (nicknames: Sat, To, Shi)

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
a boy's name
a word not conventionally used as a name
nerd poo poo
actually a girl's name, I guess
nerd poo poo and completely inappropriate as a name
a word not conventionally used as a name; nerd poo poo
nerd poo poo and completely inappropriate as a name
disastrously bad idea; at best, nerd poo poo

was that list intended as a joke or was the guy serious. i would really like to know.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

i like how once you have kids you basically have one foot in the grave

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
people who collect fine art often have to yell about how much they paid for it as it's never sold on famous auction houses that do press releases for them that let them brag without appearing tacky.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Armitag3 posted:

young shilldon

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Blotto_Otter posted:

just when I think I've seen all of the comedy that crpytos have to offer, along come a bunch of brain geniuses announcing a bank run in advance. crypto really is for innovators, huh
wouldnt that mean you want to get your money out before the scheduled bank run

and before the people who know they should get the money out before the scheduled bank run

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

quote:

Some have claimed that exchanges including Binance and Huobi have frozen withdrawals of Monero in anticipation of the mass-withdrawal, in an effort to prevent their lack of reserves from being discovered. Indeed, Huobi suspended XMR deposits and withdrawals 10 days ago and has yet to restore the functionality, which they say is due to a wallet upgrade. Binance also shows "withdrawal suspended" on its status page as of April 14.
lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

can someone please get these goobers to organize an 'auditing' bank run on coinbase for a specific date oh my god this is too much

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

comedyblissoption posted:

can someone please get these goobers to organize an 'auditing' bank run on coinbase for a specific date oh my god this is too much

it's basically impossible to do an auditing bankrun for a bitcoin exchange in a reasonable amount of time because of the pathetically low 7 tx/second. plus the insane transaction fees.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

i assume if these exchanges keep withdrawals disabled for the planned bank run the bitcoiners (monerocoiners?) will just grumble a bit and carry on using the exchanges as they always have

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

for a trustless economy there seems to be both a lot of trust and a lot of forgiveness when that trust is repeatedly betrayed

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

it turns out once you hand over all control of your money-like substance you start feeling a really strong need to trust the people holding it

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

after all, if you start being rude and suggesting that they'll run off with all the money they might get so offended that they'll run off with all the money

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"you can't trust those central bankers because they'll inflate your money away!!!"

exchange stops withdrawals and puts a 404 page up

"having lost my life savings over the course of a week, here's why crypto will eventually destroy fiat (1/343)"

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Boxturret posted:

it turns out once you hand over all control of your money-like substance you start feeling a really strong need to trust the people holding it

more importantly, when the price of your money-like substance is entirely based on speculation and hype, you can't afford to publicly distrust the ecosystem or you risk popping the bubble and sending the price back to its fair-market value (zero)

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

if you make uncivil or doubting remarks about an already-failed exchange, rudeness is such a powerful force that it can even travel back in time to be the cause of that exchange's failure

(roko's basilisk works the same way)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
great
https://twitter.com/buzzfeednews/status/1515375487819911174

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

poo poo, can't allow withdrawals, wallet inspectors are here

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
so i guess that means the bank run was a success, but they're learning why organizing a bank run on a bank that currently has your money is a bad idea?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Monero hodlers storming a French castle thought to be the last known address of Binance when the FBI hits their flank and the camera cuts to black

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 17, 2022

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Plorkyeran posted:

so i guess that means the bank run was a success, but they're learning why organizing a bank run on a bank that currently has your money is a bad idea?

they're highly experienced in following bad ideas

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Monero hodlers storming a French castle thought to be the last known address of Binance when the FBI hits their flank and the camera cuts to black

if this is a monty python reference, i am happy to say that i got it

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/rodeorambler/status/1511208853261541387

lol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Don't buy NFTs. 2/🧵

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU