Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
e: oh nvm misread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I can't read over 500 pages of content here but I do want to say that one thing that Nazi pieces of poo poo on Reddit hate is having the things they say pointed out to them. Just copy/paste what they said and they'll flip poo poo on you for it as if you're the one who did something wrong. I got that treatment in person when I pointed out the behavior of an ex of mine and she straight-faced told me that she's not racist but is just classist and "it's just fact that black people are low class" and stared at me as if *I* offended her. Not even remotely the most racist thing she said to me. gently caress those people.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

You can often doxx Nazis on Reddit who are dumb enough to reference their video game related accounts to their profile since redditors really don’t think anyone will ever dig through their history for clues or use any automated tools

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

El Jeffe posted:

In that vein...

proper response to "what church do you go to" is "what's church?" and then you look at them like they're crazy as they try to explain. when they finish, you go "huh. sounds dumb"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Foo Diddley posted:

proper response to "what church do you go to" is "what's church?" and then you look at them like they're crazy as they try to explain. when they finish, you go "huh. sounds dumb"

Strong ignosticism

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

You can often doxx Nazis on Reddit who are dumb enough to reference their video game related accounts to their profile since redditors really don’t think anyone will ever dig through their history for clues or use any automated tools

one time I emailed a school board about a redpill dude who was a teacher and talked about raping his students

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Fattest PI posted:

one time I emailed a school board about a redpill dude who was a teacher and talked about raping his students

good

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
It's not doxxing if they publicly post it!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i thought this from 'antiwork' was pretty quintessential "redditor is bad with social interactions"

Slotducks posted:

on the other hand it's amazon and gently caress them soooo

As much I'm embarrassed to admit it, I have been delivering packages for Amazon for a lil while to keep a roof over my head (thanks art school) and I find this funny on multiple levels, because even though Amazon drivers need to unionize, like badly (Amazon is legit awful I could write a book about it. The whole DSP model is also probably going to gently caress up your job someday just wait and see). This guy is just shouting into the abyss at someone who probably makes 2 dollars an hour more than them for internet clout. There's no one in that conversation that can do literally anything.

The "homebase" app Amazon uses is hilariously idiotic because it's basically just a discord of drivers talking poo poo about amazon and nothing else. That post is honestly tame compared to a lot of poo poo people I've seen people post on ther , but their manager is also dumb for getting butthurt and taking the reddit bait. Usually they are just like "yeah gently caress amazon" and get a bunch of thumbs up and everyone moves on. It's not like these little pocket companies that Amazon artificially created to avoid liability for anything can do fuckall about any of that.

Ive looked the amazon driver reddit a few times and despite the real problems that job has, it's mostly huge prima donnas that think the most benign poo poo is the end of the world or people that completely misunderstand the system because most people last for like 3 weeks.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Just come to Sweden if you want the norm to be atheism or agnosticism

If you google "religion in Sweden" you're gonna get inflated numbers because most people are automatically put in the swedish church system as christians at birth because it's tradition to baptise your kids etc - like myself even though I've never believed in christianity. But when you poll the actual swedish people only like 20% believe there is a god. Not necessarily the chrisian god either, just "a god, of some kind". I've always thought devout americans who absolutely believe in the skyfather to be pretty out there

Collapsing Farts fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Apr 15, 2022

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

The Fattest PI posted:

Hah I did this with a guy in the UK who posted more than once about being able to see up girls skirts as they come down the stairs next to his office, and repositioning his desk for a better view. Where was he posting this you wonder, often enough that I noticed it? Why a Warhammer 40,000 subreddit of course.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Sanford posted:

Hah I did this with a guy in the UK who posted more than once about being able to see up girls skirts as they come down the stairs next to his office, and repositioning his desk for a better view. Where was he posting this you wonder, often enough that I noticed it? Why a Warhammer 40,000 subreddit of course.

We had made this a felony in Canada because apparently there's a lot of people using "one weird trick" to be a perv

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

je1 healthcare posted:

It's not doxxing if they publicly post it!

Yeah, I thought doxxing was digging up (semi)private dirt on someone and posting it in a public place, like a background or credit check from HR/government job put out in a general public type place.

When you post "I hate n*!" on your 6 year-old reddit account with your government job in the profile, that's not doxxing. That's just reposting, or maybe cross-posting if it's just c&p of their own words. That they posted first. In public.

It's like quoting someone in a (boy I'm old) newspaper article. Or from their own published NYT bestseller, which I remember some authors doing when called on some poo poo they had written (in one case) decades ago. But it was literally like quoted words, even though they no longer had the same opinions as they'd had as angsty twenty-somethings. Newsnet in the mid-90's was fun!

ninjaEdit:

quote:

Where was he posting this you wonder, often enough that I noticed it? Why a Warhammer 40,000 subreddit of course.

Of course!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

It IS doxxing to make the connection between a username and a real person. Like, of you shared that RFC2324 posted about how awesome it is to ride android sheep, that wouldn't be doxxing. But if you add the detail that RCC2324 is actually Edwina Barclay, Rogue Explorer, then you would be doxxing me.

See where the line is?

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

RFC2324 posted:

It IS doxxing to make the connection between a username and a real person. Like, of you shared that RFC2324 posted about how awesome it is to ride android sheep, that wouldn't be doxxing. But if you add the detail that RCC2324 is actually Edwina Barclay, Rogue Explorer, then you would be doxxing me.

See where the line is?

Initially I kind of assumed they meant a LinkedIn or something, which would be a phenomenonally bad idea, but now I'm writing this I guess they just mean "Works at the DoE" or whatever. I misread the bolded part:

quote:

When you post "I hate n*!" on your 6 year-old reddit account with your government job in the profile

So yeah, you're right that it is doxxing. At the same time, I'm not going to weep if the online words of a shithead happen to catch up with them in real life.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

alexandriao posted:

Initially I kind of assumed they meant a LinkedIn or something, which would be a phenomenonally bad idea, but now I'm writing this I guess they just mean "Works at the DoE" or whatever. I misread the bolded part:

So yeah, you're right that it is doxxing. At the same time, I'm not going to weep if the online words of a shithead happen to catch up with them in real life.

Not all doxxing is bad, its just all against the rules. Some people absolutely need to be outed for the protection of society.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

RFC2324 posted:

Not all doxxing is bad, its just all against the rules. Some people absolutely need to be outed for the protection of society.

There is a point though, and it's a point no redditor on earth with a cryptocurrency based username would ever concede, that if you admit to a actual crime in public, no matter the forum, then "mah freeze peach" and "right to privacy!" goes out the window, because we are not six and screaming "and no telling!!" at a smaller child in the playground.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
It's been a couple of months since my post. I'd thought I'd make an update before moving on with my life.

I read all your comments. Even the ones criticizing me for my choice of what I want to watch on my birthday. Say what you want, but Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts got me through some of the worst two years of my life. Please let me have this, okay?

A lot has happened since my post.

It took a few days to confront my friends. I was afraid of how it would play out because in reality, I really didn't have anyone else in my life. I was afraid of losing the only "support system" I had. But I told my friends that no, we aren't watching Sonic for my birthday. We're going to watch 'Secrets of Dumbledore' for my 25th, like I wanted.

Long story short, I had to cut them out of my life.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I don't think this is the thread you meant to post that in

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

evilpicard posted:

We had made this a felony in Canada because apparently there's a lot of people using "one weird trick" to be a perv

posting in the warhammer 40k subreddit is a felony? good on you, canada

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Danaru posted:

I don't think this is the thread you meant to post that in

with one simple adjustment it's actually perfect for this thread

Lamebot posted:

It's been a couple of months since my post. I'd thought I'd make an update before moving on with my life.

I read all your comments. Even the ones criticizing me for my choice of what I want to watch on my birthday. Say what you want, but Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts got me through some of the worst two years of my life. Please let me have this, okay?

It took a few days to confront my friends. I was afraid of how it would play out because in reality, I really didn't have anyone else in my life. I was afraid of losing the only "support system" I had. But I told my friends that no, we aren't watching Sonic for my birthday. We're going to watch 'Secrets of Dumbledore' for my 25th, like I wanted.

AITA?

i can only assume that's the sub it came from

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

with one simple adjustment it's actually perfect for this thread

i can only assume that's the sub it came from

Yup.

And everyone supports the birthday person because they have had a super hard couple years (apparently ems during covid, so they that is a fair claim). Still, the amount of cope and "they are all bad and out to get me and so is anyone critical of the movie" is pretty nuts

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Lamebot posted:

Lmao

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

“Long story short” is fuckin’ right too

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

This is my favorite kind of Mandela effect post because the poster is actually correct and going insane until the mundane explanation is given. Reminds me of this.

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 16, 2022

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

veni veni veni posted:

As much I'm embarrassed to admit it, I have been delivering packages for Amazon for a lil while to keep a roof over my head (thanks art school)

Nothing embarrassing about keeping a roof over your head, food in your stomach and trying to survive a hypercapitalist hellscape friend

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hm, maybe it's a bad idea to constantly prime yourself for a supernatural answer

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

That's incredible, I hadn't seen it before

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Nothing embarrassing about keeping a roof over your head, food in your stomach and trying to survive a hypercapitalist hellscape friend

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Kevin DuBrow posted:

This is my favorite kind of Mandela effect post because the poster is actually correct and going insane until the mundane explanation is given. Reminds me of this.

I know its time to change the clocks when every single sub reddit has 5 posts complaining about the time change.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://old.reddit.com/r/TwoSentenceHorror/comments/u51d7r/i_smashed_my_infant_sons_head_in_with_a_hammer_as/

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I read the first two comments and :stare:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I read the first two comments and :stare:

It's not ha ha bad, it's sad bad, so don't click if you're only here for the lighthearted side of atrocity tourism. Thankfully it's almost guaranteed to be someone trying to puppetmaster the contents

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
two extremely long sentences

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The Fattest PI posted:

two extremely long sentences

lol that's a classic two sentence horror thing, having to clunkily fit in some exposition.

That baby story however does have a longer version from the OPs profile

quote:

Ever since my son was born I have known that he wasn't my biological son. My partner was always going out with work colleagues and I know that they obviously cheated on me.

The first time I held my son in my arms, I knew with certainty that my partner had dlept with someone else. I was too timid at the start to say anything but the anger in me has been slowly simmering.

I got home today after a long horrible day at work and my partner asked me to wstch our son so they could go out with friends. I argued with them that I needed some time for myself but they left anyway.

I don't know what happened but I just snapped. I placed our son on the floor and just started hitting him with an iron. I didn't stop until my arm was numb and his body was a pile of pulp on the ground.

My partner got home later and began screaming when he saw our son's remains. I smiled as I watched my cheating husband explain that I had been suffering from postpartum depression. I know he was just trying to cover himself as he didn't want anyone to know thst he cheated on me.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

There’s so many fiction or “totally true you guys” subreddits that are basically everyone mad that their totally awesome SCP was rejected trying to out edgy/gross each other/whatever within the rules.

This forum years and years ago had that “anonymous confessions” email account that was just an outlet for some creative writing (or was it?!)

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Apr 17, 2022

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The best SCP was bees. That's all.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i like the one about potatoes, because i love potatoes

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

There’s so many fiction or “totally true you guys” subreddits that are basically everyone mad that their totally awesome SCP was rejected trying to out edgy/gross each other/whatever within the rules.

This forum years and years ago had that “anonymous confessions” email account that was just an outlet for some creative writing (or was it?!)

Anonymous confessions is great, whether true or not they were often well written or the premise was at least thought provoking. Which is good. Also some were absolutely hilarious bangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Go forth and necro the anonymous confessions thread, last post was only December https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792439