Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

By 2024 Branco's comics will be so full of dumb signals he's added to Biden there won't be room for a joke.

So just like now, only he'll have an excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

count_von_count posted:

Definitely looks like she's ready for u kno what.

She is way into huddled masses

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Terrible Opinions posted:

IIRC If you define missing father strictly by whether the parents are legally married black families have more "missing fathers" but in terms of actual involvement in their kids lives black fathers are significantly more likely to take an active role raising their kids lives than white dads. I'm sure social programs that penalize people for prior convictions have nothing to do with this.

More or less. Black families are less likely to have a father living in the home than white or Hispanic families (the studies I found dont often include other ethnicities) but Black fathers living outside the home are more likely to be directly involved in the child's life than white or Hispanic fathers in the same situation. Theres no hard data to answer this, but I strongly suspect it basically evens out in the end, because people are people and it is super unlikely any ethnicities have a secret Good Father (or bad father) gene.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Lorna Miller on Bojo Bunter’s great escape – The war in Ukraine has helped the prime minister by diverting public attention away from the Partygate affair" After Charles Hamilton.

Telegraph:

Russia’s Black Sea flagship Moskva has sunk, Kremlin confirms

Matt:

Channel migrants to be sent to Rwanda

Independent:

Times:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I would cut him some slack. It's his major. He's still learning.
It's not her job to educate him, but as a student it certainly is someone's.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
And what's the deal with everyone using a plural second person pronoun for individual people?!

Thou art an incorrect pedant, Steve Kelley

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Adenoid Dan posted:

And what's the deal with everyone using a plural second person pronoun for individual people?!

Yinz got a problem?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Adenoid Dan posted:

because in elementary school the teacher wrote out the pronouns in a little chart and "they/them" was under 3rd person PLURAL and as you know everything you learn in elementary school is 100% correct and immutable

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shugojin posted:

because in elementary school the teacher wrote out the pronouns in a little chart and "they/them" was under 3rd person PLURAL and as you know everything you learn in elementary school is 100% correct and immutable

I feel it's important to note that it is everything you learn and think you learn in elementary school, either of which may only be partially related to what you were taught.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:: Five weeks to go to the election

Pope:

Attorney General Michaelia Cash. The Federal ICAC (Independent Commission Against Corruption) was a promise from the government last election which they have now will not implement. The AAT is the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, which Cash has been accused of last minute stacking with "jobs for mates".

Moir:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Leunig:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

Doctors are supposed to do no harm. Anthony Fauci has done plenty of harm.

It’s why I refuse to put ‘Dr.’ in front of his name. He’s not much of a medical doctor or virologist anyway. No, he’s a career bureaucrat who services Big Pharma. He makes or breaks research careers by deciding who gets grant money and who gets vilified and shunned. Fauci is not just a menace—he’s a liar and a mass murderer. He sent taxpayer money to bring about ‘gain of function’ to a virus in a Wuhan lab. Millions of died from the virus and the unsafe and ineffective vaccines that were rushed out as a result.

Many more suffered from the mask wearing and lockdowns he recommended. Small businesses were destroyed while globalist corporations raked in billions of dollars. The propaganda media remained firmly behind the diminutive Fauci as he spewed bad, avuncular advice in an annoying Bronx accent as he basked in the limelight.

Clearly Fauci loves his power and he wields it sadistic manner. He has funded the death of beagles. They were tortured for no purpose whatsoever. He probably smiled when he heard that Chicom functionaries were shoving many Shanghai residents’ pet dogs into large plastic bags and suffocating them. Chinese citizens are forced to go down on their knees when being interrogated by medical ‘authorities’ and I’m sure Fauci fantasizes his American subjects being forced to do the same. After all, if we all went down on our knees then Fauci would finally be taller than us.

Fauci admired the Shanghai lockdown of millions in Xi’s insane attempt to achieve ’zero Covid.’ He saw it as an opportunity to force citizens into taking ineffective and unsafe vaccines, which are not vaccines at all but rather dangerous gene therapy. Fauci expressed sadness that such a massive and prolonged lockdown could not be achieved in America.

Fauci must go. What he has done would make Josef Mengele blush. Fauci has killed millions while remaining the highest-paid government bureaucrat in America. He has lied to Congress. He has been wrong about everything throughout his overly-long career. He should have retired long ago, but apparently the 81 year-old wants to live forever in order to enjoy his power.

We all must resist his medical tyranny. No more masks. No more ‘boosters.’ No more lockdowns.

— Ben Garrison

Not really anything he hasn't said before. Fauci evil, experimental gene therapy, medical tyranny, etc etc.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Raised By Birds posted:

Not really anything he hasn't said before. Fauci evil, experimental gene therapy, medical tyranny, etc etc.
The sentence "What he has done would make Josef Mengele blush." is cracking me up, like Fauci's got a tattoo of his face with "I heart Josef" underneath or something.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/Standplaats_KRK/status/1515022699201970191?s=20&t=gNzbBUvnYd_aHEE-GOfMoQ

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

God drat it I laughed at a Bok.

e: I think the joke is pretty good but what's really getting me is Elon's goofy loving face, it's hilarious.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I know it's meant to be a dig at bad film remakes or some culture war bullshit but he accidentally distilled conservative ideology

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Tim Campbell

Stuart Carlson

Matt Davies

Walt Handelsman

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Joel Pett

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Beast of Burden: Many think the Biden Democrat Disaster is too heavy not the show up at the polls this November.
This must be that call-in guy that's "been a Democrat all his life," but now they've gone too far!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

What?

This is honestly a decent joke but gently caress Skelley anyway.

quote:

Many think the Biden Democrat Disaster is too heavy not the show up at the polls this November.

Many people are saying this.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The voter is a gay man forced to keep his preferences hidden for fear of ostracism or death?

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

do you need an explanation of chess or what

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That's not Sorry!?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Ukraine is just a pawn of NATO, and their side started this. A Pro-Russia Cartoon.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Isn't it really obvious?
Perception (at least) was that Russia was overwhelmingly superior to Ukraine in a fight. And contrary to expectations the bigger stronger elite piece is floundering and bleeding out against a small weak piece.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Nenonen posted:

Ukraine is just a pawn of NATO, and their side started this. A Pro-Russia Cartoon.

drat

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

This year seems to be desperately begging for a Worst An Easter Thing Happened category.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Much like every person who cries about getting cancelled, Jesus came back three days later and we're still loving hearing from him

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Roman centurion with rainbow hair and nose piercing smugly standing in front of Elon musk nailed to a cross labelled TWITTER

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

the sex ghost posted:

Roman centurion with rainbow hair and nose piercing smugly standing in front of Elon musk nailed to a cross labelled TWITTER

Ben Garrison would draw Musk as the Roman with hammer and expect us to think he's the good guy.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Grape posted:

Isn't it really obvious?
Perception (at least) was that Russia was overwhelmingly superior to Ukraine in a fight. And contrary to expectations the bigger stronger elite piece is floundering and bleeding out against a small weak piece.

To be fair that's a king, which is stronger than a pawn, but barely. Now if it were a queen, sure why not.

I am also not good at chess so please tell me how I'm wrong.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

kartikeya posted:

This year seems to be desperately begging for a Worst An Easter Thing Happened category.

Go for it, make a bunch a nominations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

the sex ghost posted:

Much like every person who cries about getting cancelled, Jesus came back three days later and we're still loving hearing from him

:hmmyes:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Jesus is bad at sexting.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

That bunny is looking straight at Jesus' balls.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Probably where the peace is stored.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I know how chess works and that's why I'm confused. You never actually take the king in chess, once the opponent is put in a position where they can't make a move without putting their king in danger, that's checkmate. It would also be impossible for a single pawn to put a king into checkmate as well. So the message can't be "Ukraine has put Russia into checkmate" as they've neither completely defeated Russia nor can they possibly hope to do so.

The fact that the king has fallen over makes it confusing as well, like what does that symbolize? If it were two people at a board then maybe the one whose king is knocked over got frustrated and went "gently caress this I quit" and flipped the board or just knocked the pieces over, but Putin isn't giving up and going home, he's in fact bringing an even bigger force to Ukraine.

The cartoon makes no loving sense no matter how I try and figure it out.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It makes perfect sense if you're not an extremely tedious and pedantic person. The pawn is a weak game piece that has overcome a piece that at least appears to be much stronger. Yes, the chess metaphor is lazy and overused. Yes, they hosed up the metaphor by using a king for Russia instead of a queen or several other pieces. Yes, they hosed up the metaphor by showing Ukraine as having already achieved victory while the war is still ongoing. The intent of it is still extremely obvious.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I don't think it's pedantic to say "This isn't how chess works" in a cartoon about chess.

As someone else said, if he'd drawn Russia as literally any other chess piece the cartoon would be fine.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
The loser knocks their King over when they're checkmated in all the Cool Guy Chess Movies. :shrug:

Mostly, it just shows Bennett's total lack of awareness of anything going on in Ukraine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Alhazred posted:

He is risen.