Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

HackensackBackpack posted:

They added fancy weapon draw and weapon sheathe animations as emotes (100k MGP each at the Gold Saucer) but does anyone know if there's a way to make a macro where I use /draw if my weapon is sheathed and /sheathe if it's drawn?

I think there is a mod that adds conditional macros but not sure if that's something you can check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
There's a role capstone now? Well poo poo, better get a healer to 90

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Arist posted:

Broke: Sharlayan housing

Woke: Moon housing

Bespoke: Il Mheg housing

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
What odds do y'all give on (6.1 alliance raid spoilers) the shoebill and the ambystoma that follows you to Ultima Thule being disguised members of the Twelve?

Bloody Emissary fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 15, 2022

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

We can live in the devastation.

A fitting metaphor for the housing market.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I also thought Enchilada Night was suffering from the consequences of their name's implied culinary excess.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Bloody Emissary posted:

What odds do y'all give on the shoebill and the ambystoma that follows you to Ultima Thule being disguised members of the Twelve?

i have been thinking this!!

but i'm also a big dipshit and my galaxy brain connection was that Deryk is totally Althyk because they both have "yk" in their names, but everyone is right and he's definitely Oschon. or maybe our ultimate trolley boy Jeryk is also Althyk, and the twelve actually predate the sundering.
:thunk:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Also if you haven't played summoner in frontlines yet, do it, it's hilariously broken.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Gnossiennes posted:

Also if you haven't played summoner in frontlines yet, do it, it's hilariously broken.

I've played two games of Frontlines since 6.1 and both of them had Summoners topping the scoreboard for damage with a full seven digit lead over the nearest competitor

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

i had battle high 5 in two minutes yesterday :smug:

also the massive bahamuts own. goodbye carteneau!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Bloody Emissary posted:

What odds do y'all give on the shoebill and the ambystoma that follows you to Ultima Thule being disguised members of the Twelve?

I'm putting my money on the shoebill not being anything at all, it's just a normal-rear end bird. Because it's way funnier to me if everyone'a theories about it run headfirst into the wall if 'no, turns out it'a a normal-rear end animal'.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Gnossiennes posted:

i have been thinking this!!

but i'm also a big dipshit and my galaxy brain connection was that Deryk is totally Althyk because they both have "yk" in their names, but everyone is right and he's definitely Oschon. or maybe our ultimate trolley boy Jeryk is also Althyk, and the twelve actually predate the sundering.
:thunk:

6.1 alliance raid spoilers I think Althyk is the shoebill. Althyk is "often depicted as an austere emperor" which matches the mien of the shoebill, and Althyk's association with space and time presents an explanation for how the shoebill showed up in the First. If the Twelve don't predate the Sundering, space-time powers would also explain the shoebill's presence in Elpis.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Deryk and the opo-opo yet. It feels blatantly obvious that Deryk is Oschon, given his general color scheme/design and his status as a wanderer. OTOH I can't really place the opo-opo as any of the other gods, and it doesn't seem likely that it's just a regular monkey.

Cleretic posted:

I'm putting my money on the shoebill not being anything at all, it's just a normal-rear end bird. Because it's way funnier to me if everyone'a theories about it run headfirst into the wall if 'no, turns out it'a a normal-rear end animal'.

6.1 alliance raid spoilers I do think the shoebill joke would be funniest if its presence is never explained, but on the other hand, a boss fight against it would be hilarious enough to be worth compromising the integrity of the original joke. I'm picturing a cutscene where we walk up to the boss fight room and the shoebill is just standing there, the WoL has a good ten-second astonished staredown with it, and then the boss fight starts with no further explanation or dialogue. :hmmyes:

Bloody Emissary fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 15, 2022

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Forget the lovely debate, you all are being really lovely with open and unmarked spoilers the last day or so. :colbert:

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Forget the lovely debate, you all are being really lovely with open and unmarked spoilers the last day or so. :colbert:

Oh, is saying what part of the game/patch you're talking about before the spoiler a general rule? My B, I'll go back and edit my posts.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
lol yeah holy poo poo SMN is bonkers. this was a terrible game on my part too

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Gnossiennes posted:

i had battle high 5 in two minutes yesterday :smug:

also the massive bahamuts own. goodbye carteneau!

Nnnoooo you can't make me learn SMN I refuse

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

acumen posted:

Carbuncle Crew rise up

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/milkteabelle/status/1514698233846534144

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

acumen posted:

:sickos:

slipstreaming a crowd is so tasty

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I still want Dun Scaith housing. That place looks pretty sick and we already cleared out most of the voidsent, shouldn't be too hard to go back and clear out the rest!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gnossiennes posted:

:sickos:

slipstreaming a crowd is so tasty

Working together with another SMN is hilarious because you can Slipstream someone that they Mountain Buster, and put the enemy team in a "do we stay here and get hosed or run through the Slipstream and get hosed" scenario. :iia:

I was in a Frontline with 5 SMNs on my team (including me) and we all simultaneously Bahamuted the S-rank ovoo in mid and just deleted both enemy teams.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I don't give a rat's rear end what kind of insanely degenerate poo poo people get up to in their FC houses or whatever but I'm really tired of seeing this kind of behavior in the open. That's all really.

neener neener neeener

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
That's actually a really good idea for getting SMN to 90. Simplified play set, team environment, that might work for me

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The only other housing I will accept is Smileton housing. I want to stare directly across my lawn and look at someone else's roof.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

hazardousmouse posted:

That's actually a really good idea for getting SMN to 90. Simplified play set, team environment, that might work for me

admittedly i am kind of biased, because i love nu SMN and it's been my favorite EW class to play by far. but SMN in daily FL absolutely wrecks house right now, and i want those 10 FL wins for that garo mount :hai:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

hazardousmouse posted:

and best of all, once you're there you get a free 90 SCH for fast Aglaia and Asphodelos queues

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Flavahbeast posted:

and best of all, once you're there you get a free 90 SCH for fast Aglaia and Asphodelos queues

Also get the sweet rear end SCH AF.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Electric Phantasm posted:

Also get the sweet rear end SCH AF.

Seriously the SCH AF gear is fantastic and I wish I could use it for SMN or anything else.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

A Moose posted:

I still want Dun Scaith housing. That place looks pretty sick and we already cleared out most of the voidsent, shouldn't be too hard to go back and clear out the rest!

My own personal desire will always be Alexander Housing. The interior you go through in A10 before fighting Lamebrix is just this big steampunk city looking place and it looks rad as hell.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 15, 2022

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

My own personal desire will always be Alexander Housing. The interior you go through in A10 before fighting Lamebrix is just this big steampunk city looking place and it looks rad as hell.

:yeah:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

HackensackBackpack posted:

The only other housing I will accept is Smileton housing. I want to stare directly across my lawn and look at someone else's roof.

For as much story time as Smileton got I would truly be surprised if that wasn't the next housing area.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'd be shocked if Smileton wasnt the next deep dungeon

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I still want Crystarium housing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In an unexpected and confusing twist the next housing is Elpis

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

ImpAtom posted:

In an unexpected and confusing twist the next housing is Elpis

Familiar kennels!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I find the horny plates funny but I'd be okay if that kind of thing becomes reportable because if anything that just makes them funnier à la Keyboard Goop.

Oh dang, I didn't even know this existed but it might explain why my Rhythm Doctor level hasn't been striken off Youtube since it fits these guidelines. Ssssorta.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Of course, Yoshi-P does have a different opinion of housing.

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1494921047291809794

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm trying to avoid Ishgard but even the lowest lottery number I can find gives me a 20% chance of a house so.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hellioning posted:

I'm trying to avoid Ishgard but even the lowest lottery number I can find gives me a 20% chance of a house so.

It's pretty much always going to be more than a coinflip unless you get obscenely lucky and find some out-of-the-place lot everyone forgot about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I know "WAR is really good in pvp" is old hat by now but i don't think anyone has noted how fun it can be to yank someone back to you with the chain even in FFXIV's incredibly jank pvp. Obviously in a tab target mmo it's not quite as crisp and satisfying as landing a Roadhog/Pudge(/Thresh/Naut/Blitz/Pyke/etc) hook, but it never gets old dropping a nice "get over here" on a fleeing dps.