Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I think that's when peggy gets rebaptized

Also you can WATCH the SERIES in HD (.CO) for free.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Someone in the comments posted "Luanne, I can see your... what nots", but that's a line from him to Peggy, right? I haven't seen it in forever, and while that line is burned into my brain, I'm wondering if I'm just misremembering it and have been for years.

Either way, he doesn't actually say that in this clip. Wish I could stream this show in Canada :argh:

You're memory is sound! It was to Peggy after she was baptized in the river.

E: beat like Bill by life, I didn't think there was a new page :negative:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAU_atZ45_Q

Classic.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wow, there are so many moments from this show that I used to know, and then they completely faded from my memort, only to come right back when I see a clip like this.

"PLEASE don't play Dido!!"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I get so much secondhand embarrassment from Bill all dressed up and already holding the bandage waiting for her to trip on the pothole. Digging the holes to injur a woman is deplorable enough but the way he carried out the plan is far more pathetic.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Detective No. 27 posted:

I get so much secondhand embarrassment from Bill all dressed up and already holding the bandage waiting for her to trip on the pothole. Digging the holes to injur a woman is deplorable enough but the way he carried out the plan is far more pathetic.

Fremdschamen.

Running that halfway house, being Santa forever--so many sad shenanigans because of how lonely he was.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
He's pathetic and controlling. Lenore was right to seek her happiness elsewhere.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

He's pathetic and controlling. Lenore was right to seek her happiness elsewhere.

In the Gov. Richards episode she's with someone who looks exactly like Bill. I think that's her type. He is both of those things as well though!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
BOTH OF THEM!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Stephen Root does a lot of VA and character actor gigs but everytime he uses his regular voice I just picture Bill. Justified? BIll the Judge.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
There's no way hank would grill mushrooms of any type. And a CAT apron? No, no no no

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Milo and POTUS posted:

There's no way hank would grill mushrooms of any type. And a CAT apron? No, no no no

There's no way that Hank wouldn't use the blessed heat of propane to heat up anything he was cooking. And that picture is clearly a hallucination.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Episode idea: Hank has a shamanic Ayahuasca trip, it only reinforces his love of propane

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Hank eats a massive edible and all he does is mow his lawn at an extremely low speed for 12 hours

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 16, 2022

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Hank takes a huge rip off the salvia bong and goes to a nightmare dimension where Thatherton laughs at him for his ability to run the 40

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

How would Hank feel about this?

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1513918277554212874?t=_4_h9fDG4eFaycN5071vSg&s=19

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
propane doesn't need fancy gimmicks or to compare its self to other thi gs. its perfect as is

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Arlen votes for legal weed, everyone is on board except Hank, and Dale for a reason completely unrelated to Hank.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Hank: I thought Arlen was a family friendly community, and now I find out it's full of dopeheads. How am I supposed to sell propane to people if I can't even look them in the eye?

Dale: Yep, so called "marijuana", aka "Mary Jane" or "the chronic" was created in a government lab in the 1950s. It's designed to make people fat and docile, like Bill. It's what they call bovinification, turning people into cattle for the mole people. [Takes a drag of his cigarette] You couldn't pay me to smoke that poison.

Boomhauer: dang ol gateway drug man talking bout people smoke smoke smoke then dang ol pop pills talking shooting heroin where the sun don't shine man

Bill: I saw some of them addicts the other day hanging out at the Mega Lo Mart. Got a contact high just from being near them. I had the munchies so bad I bought three whole pies and ate them in my car.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
I was joking with a friend about the carpet-bombing method of picking up dates and I called it the Boomhauer technique. He responded with "dang old etc etc" as well.

He's actually saying "dadgum".

Or wait, is it both? Is he saying "dadgum" sometimes and "dang old" others?

"Dang old' isn't really a thing though I think it's just people hearing what they want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoTiHLqhXGk

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Pretty sure it's "dang ol", the scene in the firefighter episode where he talks normal and the others talk like him really drives this home https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdyGfiIirD8

Anyways, I some more weed of the hill fanfic.

Peggy: I don't like what this pot stuff is doing to our town, Hank, not one bit. I was in the teacher's lounge and I overheard Ms. Wollendorf, the home ec teacher, say she uses something called CBD oil for her joints. I did some research and the C stands for Cannabis. So I reported her to the school board, mhmm.

Luanne: Sorry but I don't see the big deal, Aunt Peggy. Lucky's always getting little baggies from his cousin who works in the alley behind the laundromat and it must be healthy and organic because it's got all those little seeds in it. Like smoking a tiny salad. [Giggling] It makes Lucky say the funniest things.

Hank: For god's sakes Luanne, whatever happens in the privacy of your bedroom is your business, but I ask you not to share anymore intimate moments.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 16, 2022

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Yeah I don't know where I got it from that he was supposedly saying "dadgum" because I never heard that. Just read it somewhere.

Just figured it was a weird translation error.

https://field.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=king-of-the-hill&episode=s01e01

Now I'm upset about being both technically wrong and wrong wrong.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Boomhauer starts growing his own marijuana plants, with a season cliffhanger if Hank turns him in over a legal technicality.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Would Hank be more loyal to the Federal Government or the State of Texas? Hank is such a stickler for following the rules, it puts him at odds with Texas's whole rebel thing.

Is recreational marijuana legal in Texas yet?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Bobby: Mom, Chane Wassanasong tried to talk me into trying a new weight loss regimen called Jenkem but I think it stinks.

Peggy: *sips coffee* Those Wassanasongs are always raising the bar. Ted guest lectures a class in P90X at the Y. Maybe you should give it a try.

Bobby: Yeah, I guess so. Bi--I mean Chane asked if I could get some of your absorbent pads. For floor exercises I guess. :shrug:

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
I wish I was Hank Hill

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

bobjr posted:

Boomhauer starts growing his own marijuana plants, with a season cliffhanger if Hank turns him in over a legal technicality.

“Well, I suppose I can look the other way if your grow operation is powered by propane and not…renewables

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Would Hank be more loyal to the Federal Government or the State of Texas? Hank is such a stickler for following the rules, it puts him at odds with Texas's whole rebel thing.

Is recreational marijuana legal in Texas yet?

But Boomhauer is a Texas Ranger, that should mean something

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Mantis42 posted:

Pretty sure it's "dang ol", the scene in the firefighter episode where he talks normal and the others talk like him really drives this home https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdyGfiIirD8

Anyways, I some more weed of the hill fanfic.

Peggy: I don't like what this pot stuff is doing to our town, Hank, not one bit. I was in the teacher's lounge and I overheard Ms. Wollendorf, the home ec teacher, say she uses something called CBD oil for her joints. I did some research and the C stands for Cannabis. So I reported her to the school board, mhmm.

Luanne: Sorry but I don't see the big deal, Aunt Peggy. Lucky's always getting little baggies from his cousin who works in the alley behind the laundromat and it must be healthy and organic because it's got all those little seeds in it. Like smoking a tiny salad. [Giggling] It makes Lucky say the funniest things.

Hank: For god's sakes Luanne, whatever happens in the privacy of your bedroom is your business, but I ask you not to share anymore intimate moments.

These are amazing

No, it’s not legal recreationally in TX

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

namlosh posted:

These are amazing

No, it’s not legal recreationally in TX

Delta 9 edibles are legal in TX.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
If you got more feelin's to express, go back to the kitchen and put em in a bundt cake

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Buckley blew himself up mishandling propane despite Hank's warnings, I can't imagine Hank appreciates them handling Sweet Lady Propane in such a way.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Those tanks look like they could use a wiping.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I was joking with a friend about the carpet-bombing method of picking up dates and I called it the Boomhauer technique. He responded with "dang old etc etc" as well.

"Dang old' isn't really a thing though I think it's just people hearing what they want.

as an actual Texan

Dang ol' is a thing we say and it is separate from Dad gum

If you say Dad Gum here, its mainly to express displeasure at the subject while dang ol is used more neutrally.

it was a dad gum rattle snake! it almost bit me.

It was a dang ol cat, just happy as can be.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

The episode in which he falls in love with Marlene is called Dang Ol’ Love, so that’s probably what he says.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Hank is very opposed to showboating after the lord punished him for excessive celebration. He would frown on it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

If these weren't empty they'd all be dead *sigh* god I hope they were empty. -Hank

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hank tolerates buffoonery for the sake of propane, but he would never tolerate showboating or horseplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Peggy was so afraid Bobby was going to offend Hank with the Great Gas Head.