Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The book was cool and I'd be surprised if the symbology potential smuggling doesn't become a plot point next season. I think Helly might've figured it out if she didn't keep getting busted and give up. I still am expecting somethhing "extra" to the cards beyond knowing they could smuggle out symbols. Willing to accept that's just me hoping for extral ayers of weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It would have been interesting if her half letter on both arms thing would have worked.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

giant screeds made entirely out of pictogram puzzles, or better yet, emojis

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
🤯🧠➡️👿🧑‍💼➡️🙅🆘📉➡️🤬☠️💀⚰️⬅️🙏🙏🙏

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

Cojawfee posted:

It would have been interesting if her half letter on both arms thing would have worked.

What if they have their name written on their underwear? Is that just recognized coming in and recognized when leaving?

Chinese doesn't have an alphabet. does it work with pictures? Is this why there is no chinese employees?

boquiabierta
May 27, 2010

"I will throw my best friend an abortion party if she wants one"
Why are there four categories of numbers but five bins to sort them into

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I told a friend of mine to watch just the first episode of Severance and if that didn't thrust him forward into wanting to watch more, it wasn't for him.

I decided to check and see if there were any extra memorable moments from the first episode alone and while quickly scanning, caught this:

Just watching like 30 seconds randomly I found something that was illuminated by it being a rewatch. I really might, for the first time in my life, rewatch a season of television... something I've only ever done with Star Trek, of which I missed many episodes and did not watch from start to end.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 15, 2022

The Postman
May 12, 2007

One thing that struck me after the finale is how quickly they rushed to save Helly (well, Helena really) during the suicide attempt. I wonder if that was "special treatment". Would they do the same for someone who isn't an Eagen? They can't really explain it away with a giftcard.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Possibly, just because if word got out that it happened then the potential PR and investigation might be not what they wanted. Unless of course it’s like the real world and some they above that actually mattering.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

HardKase posted:

What if they have their name written on their underwear? Is that just recognized coming in and recognized when leaving?

Chinese doesn't have an alphabet. does it work with pictures? Is this why there is no chinese employees?

Letters would have been detected in Helly's stomach. So that nixes that I think.

One cool thing I noticed in Irving's notes is that the program started in the aught. So this show isn't a futuristic sci fi show. It's an alt history soft sci fi show.

E: I'm surprised there aren't more suicides. If people were jumping off the Foxconn bldg....

Which instituted more security and a net. It's a bit absurd that they don't have much for Lumon esp when a VIP is one of them.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Apr 15, 2022

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The production is purposely non time specific

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

euphronius posted:

Hey I'm just possibly misremembering alt Irving's notes, but there are hard dates there

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Apr 15, 2022

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Severed individuals have a September 10th mentality.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Khanstant posted:

The book was cool and I'd be surprised if the symbology potential smuggling doesn't become a plot point next season. I think Helly might've figured it out if she didn't keep getting busted and give up. I still am expecting somethhing "extra" to the cards beyond knowing they could smuggle out symbols. Willing to accept that's just me hoping for extral ayers of weird

I'd assumed the "message detector" (I forget what they called it) was bullshit as explained to the innies - instead, I assumed that it worked through the Severance chip by detecting - let's say, "clandestine motives".

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

sarcastx posted:

I'd assumed the "message detector" (I forget what they called it) was bullshit as explained to the innies - instead, I assumed that it worked through the Severance chip by detecting - let's say, "clandestine motives".

There are cameras everywhere too.

Yeah -- I'm on the "message detectors" are bullshit train. Choo choo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

euphronius posted:

the clocks in the show are too!! I tried for multiple eps on my rewatch to see if there was any clues in the clocks, but you're lucky if they update them between scenes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like very people would have the ability to pull off Millcheck as well as Tramell Tillman

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Tillman is fan-loving-tastic, I hope this is a breakout role for him

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Despite the fact that Tillman plays the menacing role really well, the MDE scene just makes me want to see him in a purely fun role.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I need a gif of the bit where Milchick dances around Dylan at his desk in the MDE if anyone has one lying around.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

jackhunter64 posted:

I need a gif of the bit where Milchick dances around Dylan at his desk in the MDE if anyone has one lying around.

How's this?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

spookygonk posted:

How's this?

That is great but just a loop of Dylan facing into the camera would be worthy of a waffle party.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
This was the best new show I've seen in ages, and I'm so glad it got renewed after that finale.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

spookygonk posted:

How's this?

Mods plz increase avatar size limit to +300%

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

doesnt loop that great tho

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
thanks it's a great new gangtag

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not normally a gangtag guy, but mods please bless us all with that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just finished this and wow, what a show. that cliffhanger is torture though.

My only gripe is Dylan, my dude why didn't you ask for some tape?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Yeah I thought his request was going to be something to make his role a little easier

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
he possibly could've held the statue in such a way to maybe hold down the switch on one side once flipped, but if they both need to be flipped same time with no gap might be too awkward to arrange, plus there's time pressure. Ideally they would've been planning this for months and have a sturdy rope or bit of yarn made from helly's hair, collected one or two each bathroom trip.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

500 good dogs posted:

thanks it's a great new gangtag

That's amazing.

Open Source Idiom posted:

There are cameras everywhere too.

Yeah -- I'm on the "message detectors" are bullshit train. Choo choo.

At first I figured they were real but the more I thought about it, the more I figured that all the stories told about people getting caught/things being removed from the mouth of the rear end etc were told to the workers by other workers who in turn were told by other workers etc and nobody has ever seen it for themselves.

I think the thing that finally convinced me was that Milchick went to the Overtime Protocol because he was convinced that Dylan might have successfully snuck that card out of the building, and the assumption was that this would only be possible because it was an image rather than words... but when we see him collect it, it has "LUMON" written on the back. So he believed that words COULD get past the so-called code detector, which indicates it either doesn't exist or is far, far from as effective as claimed.

Of course I guess it's possible that the Lumon brand doesn't trigger it if the code detector is real, I can't remember if their access cards have the Lumon logo on them?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Yo mods hit me with that gang tag, I'll be sure to hit my posting numbers for this quarter.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

That's a good gangtag. If mods are handing those out could I get it to replace my raccoon goons one please?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

HardKase posted:

so if your severed do you have cut all the fruit of the loom tags off your underwear?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

so if your severed do you have cut all the fruit of the loom tags off your underwear?

Like Disneyworld, Lumon has company provided underwear.

It is shared.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

The Nastier Nate posted:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

holy heck it's the most beautiful gangtag i've ever seen. can I have it? praise be to kier

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Kier, chosen one, Kier
Kier, brilliant one, Kier
Brings the bounty to the plain
Through the torment, through the rains
Progress, knowledge, show no fear
Kier, chosen one, Kier

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Pretty sure the 'word filter' thing is nonsense. I think when Helly first tried to get a message to the elevator, the moment she runs out of the room you (very briefly) see Milchick bringing up the walkie talkie to his ear. I assume saying 'set off the alarm'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Jumping off from the idea Milchick knows Dylon in some capacity IRL, maybe he did the OTC because he wanted to protect him from whatever the fallout could be from stealing it.