Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I have a bunch of kidney diet food my dog won't touch even if we mix it in with other food she likes she'll just not eat any of it. Maybe she'll like the dry stuff. Her tastes vary wildly since her kidneys started going south but giving her fluids every few days keeps her pretty good energy wise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

When our dog died last November we got Hill's renal diet for him maybe a week before he lost his appetite for good, so now I have 90% of an $80 bag of prescription dog food that I can't give away because a shelter won't take food that's already open :smith: Please just let me give you this expensive and life-saving but not in my case lmao food!

Check with local food banks. When my cat died last year they were greatful for the giant open bag of food. People who need to go to food banks have pets too.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ozymandius1024 posted:

What kind do you have to get? Our cat has needed special food for his urinary crystals for years now, and I've just gotten used to the cost.

My cat also has urinary S/O food, and while one bag is expensive, it lasts me like 2 1/2 months for a 17 pound bag.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
A couple months ago I had these Brussel Sprouts made with an asian sauce, the key to which was something I can't rememeber but is on the tip of my tongue and google has failed me. I want to say it starts with a g, any help on this brain fart, or what might commonly be used in brussel sprouts?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

A couple months ago I had these Brussel Sprouts made with an asian sauce, the key to which was something I can't rememeber but is on the tip of my tongue and google has failed me. I want to say it starts with a g, any help on this brain fart, or what might commonly be used in brussel sprouts?

Gochujang?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

swickles posted:

gochujang?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well the answer was taken, so I'll add: Ginger? Garlic? :v:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Was such a weird thing... like option B was the russian navy was so incompetent they managed to blow up their own munition stockpile?

They did manage to destroy the largest floating dry dock in the world (theirs) by dropping a crane on it while working on their only aircraft carrier.

And in a separate incident managed to set that carrier on fire while they were working on it badly enough to significantly damage it, and who knows, maybe if it was loaded for bear at the time like this ship was the ammunition might have gone off. It seems like there was a non-zero chance that yeah, they were this dumb. I feel like the Russian navy has always been cursed.

I get that there's no pretty lying propaganda solution when you lose your flagship, but choosing 'no...we are extremely incompetent and this was us, our bad' over admitting the ship that got told to 'go gently caress yourself' got got is very funny.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Well the answer was taken, so I'll add: Ginger? Garlic? :v:

Goatse

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

You can keep all your Goatse sauce sir.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Thank you!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Silly Burrito posted:

You can keep all your Goatse sauce sir.

It goes well on the frozen goat carcass’s at my local Costco Business Center.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

They did manage to destroy the largest floating dry dock in the world (theirs) by dropping a crane on it while working on their only aircraft carrier.

And in a separate incident managed to set that carrier on fire while they were working on it badly enough to significantly damage it, and who knows, maybe if it was loaded for bear at the time like this ship was the ammunition might have gone off. It seems like there was a non-zero chance that yeah, they were this dumb. I feel like the Russian navy has always been cursed.

I get that there's no pretty lying propaganda solution when you lose your flagship, but choosing 'no...we are extremely incompetent and this was us, our bad' over admitting the ship that got told to 'go gently caress yourself' got got is very funny.

There's been so much bullshit propaganda already. The island where the soldiers refused to surrender turned out to be bullshit, the ace pilot with 7 planes shot down or whatever turned out to be bullshit, it's kind of hard to know what to trust and what not to. Would not want to be the flag officer in charge of that battle group though, gently caress making that phone call.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BlindSite posted:

There's been so much bullshit propaganda already. The island where the soldiers refused to surrender turned out to be bullshit, the ace pilot with 7 planes shot down or whatever turned out to be bullshit, it's kind of hard to know what to trust and what not to. Would not want to be the flag officer in charge of that battle group though, gently caress making that phone call.

It's just a longer version of spree shooter news. Anything out of the Ukraine you just wait a few days in to find out something sorta close to what probably happened, instead of absolutely 100% getting wrong, insane info immediately

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Literally falling for memes

But to be fair it's all one big extended meme war

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Literally falling for memes

But to be fair it's all one big extended meme war

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Hideo Kojima was right

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

It's just a longer version of spree shooter news. Anything out of the Ukraine you just wait a few days in to find out something sorta close to what probably happened, instead of absolutely 100% getting wrong, insane info immediately

Yeah I tend to agree. It's kind of a good case study for social media, news and politics all rolled into one right now and I kind of don't like the trend its setting. I mean the media having to be first rather than accurate isn't exactly a new concept but the resistance to allowing accurate reporting even days after the fact is a little concerning imo.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BlindSite posted:

Yeah I tend to agree. It's kind of a good case study for social media, news and politics all rolled into one right now and I kind of don't like the trend its setting. I mean the media having to be first rather than accurate isn't exactly a new concept but the resistance to allowing accurate reporting even days after the fact is a little concerning imo.

Yeah, even past twitter if you go on like tiktok or imgur forums, the discourse is absolutely insane. Kids are just drowning in insane propaganda from all sides, in short

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Hideo Kojima was right

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The internet was a mistake.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I mean, its not like its much different than past wars. There was insane shits getting thrown around in newspapers about wars in the 1800s and it would take weeks or months for accurate info to get established

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Bird in a Blender posted:

Not gonna lie, there are many days I miss the simplicity of not being completely inundated with information, having to manually dial in an antenna on the roof, and loading up Tie Fighter.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

Monetizing it was. But that was inevitable.

Nice while it lasted though.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

BlindSite posted:

The island where the soldiers refused to surrender turned out to be bullshit

IIRC the only part of the initial report that turned out to be wrong was that the Ukrainian soldiers on the island had been killed

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, its not like its much different than past wars. There was insane shits getting thrown around in newspapers about wars in the 1800s and it would take weeks or months for accurate info to get established

There’s just more of it, the misinformation spreads even faster, and people end up seeped in it the whole day. Before, you maybe read an article in the paper about it, or watched something on the nightly news. You couldn’t spend your whole day obsessing over stuff.

Maybe this is callous, but I really don’t need to know about every terrible thing happening all over the planet.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

IIRC the only part of the initial report that turned out to be wrong was that the Ukrainian soldiers on the island had been killed

I think this is the case and they did tell them to go gently caress themselves? And the 'evidence' of the Ghost of Ukraine ace pilot was identified almost immediately as footage from a flight simulator (seriously though props to all flight sims for being beautiful enough to make you think they're real).

But either way the point is these become ideas that spread and a lot of people won't give up on believing the original story willingly. And within Russia the same thing is going on with the chemical weapons plants, false flag stuff regarding atrocities, etc. It's an annoying situation.

But like Glumslinger mentioned I don't think this is particularly a new thing, it's just happening a whole hell of a lot faster.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Glumslinger posted:

The people acting like this is the first war with incorrect info or disinformation just confuse me.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I got an email from the supervisor for the job I interviewed with that there's going to be a little bit of a delay before they'll let me know if I got it or not. I should hear something next week and I am hopeful but I'm also annoyed since there's been nothing but back and forth on this position. Either ax it, send me a "thanks for applying but we're hiring someone else" letter or hire me already.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spoeank posted:

The people acting like this is the first war with incorrect info or disinformation just confuse me.

My point more or less is that it would be nice if things got better as time went on when it comes to this poo poo instead of worse.

We were meant to see more free and open communication with technology not greater censorship and suppression. Maybe I'm too optimistic.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The fact that there's so much bullshit flying around is completely counter to any perceptions of increased censorship and oppression.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I got an email from the supervisor for the job I interviewed with that there's going to be a little bit of a delay before they'll let me know if I got it or not. I should hear something next week and I am hopeful but I'm also annoyed since there's been nothing but back and forth on this position. Either ax it, send me a "thanks for applying but we're hiring someone else" letter or hire me already.

I know your brain probably jumps to the worst possible place, but HR has basically forced me to have this conversation with prospective hires multiple times. It has cost me my number 1 candidate multiple times. It could just be HR dragging their feet or trying to jump through 400 hoops before extending the offer.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Spoeank posted:

The fact that there's so much bullshit flying around is completely counter to any perceptions of increased censorship and oppression.

The amount of and quality of bullshit that comes at us every waking second of everyday proves that Huxley not Orwell was right.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The GIP thread on Ukraine is a pretty good follow. There's been some good nuggets, some good insight, and a healthy skepticism towards news from both sides.

Just be warned that if the TFF gallows humor of yore isn't your taste, uh...

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Its not at all tbh.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

No Butt Stuff posted:

I know your brain probably jumps to the worst possible place, but HR has basically forced me to have this conversation with prospective hires multiple times. It has cost me my number 1 candidate multiple times. It could just be HR dragging their feet or trying to jump through 400 hoops before extending the offer.

Oh I know. Government agencies are also their own special brand of foot dragging and finalization too, especially since there rumblings that our regional hq wants to change up the unit entirely so it could be related to that.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Its not at all tbh.

Explain.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I forgot how good Gone in 60 Seconds is. It's what F&F wishes it could be. Even the family bonds are more convincing

So many early 2000s tropes though

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Angelina Jolie in that was one of those moments where pre-teen/teen me realized I was also in to ladies.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

I forgot how good Gone in 60 Seconds is. It's what F&F wishes it could be. Even the family bonds are more convincing

So many early 2000s tropes though

Every time this comes up I am forced to mention how much more metal the original was. Haven't watched a single second of the actual movie aside from this, but have watched the 40 minute car chase that almost killed the lead actor around 10 times.

The Cage version is fun too, don't get me wrong, I am just forced to do this by my brain whenever it's mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Angelina Jolie in that was one of those moments where pre-teen/teen me realized I was also in to ladies.

I see you saw Hackers too