Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Captain Hygiene posted:

Now look, I may be peers with her mother, but

Oh hey, gross, I didn't clock the ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I [20F] was kicked out by my parents [50sMF]. If I move in with my estranged Aunt [30sF] they will completely disown me, but she is the only family that will take me in.

quote:

I'm a sophomore in college and my extremely religious parents found out that I do not believe in God anymore by snooping. To them, this is one of the worst things that can happen, so they told me that I cannot come home or live with them anymore, even for breaks. I was supposed to go home for Easter, but they told me there's no point in me coming and celebrating a religious holiday and canceled my ticket. My Aunt picked me up and I'm in her spare bedroom writing this.

I'm thankfully not dependent on them for college tuition at all, but I was for housing for next semester. They were going to pay, but they have canceled my lease. I have an extremely heavy course load and I don't work because of it at their insistence.

When I moved to her state for college because it has the best program, they made me promise I wouldn't contact her, but I stole her number from my Dad's phone. She only lives 30 minutes away from school. She, her husband, and her mom have treated me so well. She buys me stuff so that I can focus on my studies instead of work and she gives me a weekly allowance for things my parents wouldn't buy. She has no children of her own. She is my dad's half-sister he didn't meet until she was in her mid 20s, and she is the complete opposite of him.

When I told her everything that was happening today, she automatically told me I could live with her and her husband in their spare bedroom. She knows it's a bit of a drive, but she has a car she is willing to sign over to me with no strings (her own words.) She told me as long as I keep my GPA up and don't do anything stupid, she'd let me live here as long as I needed.

I know I'd be happy here with her and her family treats me better than my own did, to be honest. I just know that if I accept her offer, it will burn the bridge with my parents as they will blame her for me being an atheist (if they aren't already.)

I want to accept, but I am so worried that I am making myself sick. Should I let my parents cut me off entirely and live with my aunt?

TL;DR: My parents snooped on me and found out I am no longer a Christian. They now refuse to let me come home ever, even for breaks. My aunt offered to let me live with her, but my parents will eventually find out and disown me. I don't know what I should do. Should I accept her help?

your parents already disowned you, they're out of cards

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Mx. posted:

I [20F] was kicked out by my parents [50sMF]. If I move in with my estranged Aunt [30sF] they will completely disown me, but she is the only family that will take me in.

your parents already disowned you, they're out of cards

LOL they put me on the street but I’m afraid they’ll be mad if I associate with family members who are actually willing to take me in. I just don’t know what to do because it’s so hard to make a decision! Should I live in a cardboard box and hope for some scraps after they inevitably die penniless?

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

therobit posted:

LOL they put me on the street but I’m afraid they’ll be mad if I associate with family members who are actually willing to take me in. I just don’t know what to do because it’s so hard to make a decision! Should I live in a cardboard box and hope for some scraps after they inevitably die penniless?

are you actually making fun of an abused child

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Midnight Voyager posted:

Suddenly needing something late enough that you're ready for bed twice a week is an insane amount of times a week.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

moonmazed posted:

are you actually making fun of an abused child

I took it more as making fun of an absurd non-dilemma.

Hth

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

Judging from some of these stories, moms wrap their pads in fifty layers of toilet paper, put the parcel at the very bottom of the rubbish bin, then immure that inside a wall of a tower built on an asteroid whose orbit has been directed to plunge into the sun. And if you don't do that, you're a disgusting humiliation masquerading in women's skin.

When I had my period as a teen my mom kept pulling me aside and telling me I really should be wrapping my pads/feminine hygiene products in toilet paper before sticking them in the trash. This baffled me, because I already was wrapping pads & tampons in multiple layers of toilet paper. No amount was enough. Years later I realized she was telling me to wrap the loving PACKAGING in toilet paper.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

Oh hey, gross, I didn't clock the ages

The terribleness just keeps escalating.

quote:

(42M)

quote:

my fiancé for 5 years (24F)

quote:

We currently live with her mom (48F)

quote:

I lost my job due to conflicting political beliefs

Barudak
May 7, 2007

And I see here under "Redeeming Features" you left it blank?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The terribleness just keeps escalating.

You forgot my favorite:

quote:

I felt very guilty in that moment, but stood my ground.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

I wonder if the "conflicting political beliefs" he got fired over means that he refused to get vaccinated while working a job that requires it.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Can't find a job in my industry due to the sprained ankle

Can't even start looking

"Can't click the mouse babe, ankle is still hosed up. Oh and when you see her, tell your daughter I could use a handy"

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for sometimes interrupting my girlfriend's skincare routine?

It's only maybe once or twice a week, which isn't often at all.

I am looking for a new job, I just wanted to take a little time off to relax so I haven't been intensely applying, but I do apply for stuff at least once a week

He fucks with her skin care routine more often than he applies for jobs.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Evil Willow posted:

AITA For proposing on a meaningful day for my fiance?

quote:

It’s a very cute story because I had a schoolboy crush on her
"By which I mean, I had a crush on her when she was a schoolgirl and I was in my thirties, because the only way for me to have an actual schoolboy crush on her would be if I was crushing on a toddler."

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Boyfriend (M36) told me (F25) that he NEEDS to sow “wild oats”

quote:

TL;DR: Boyfriend of one year wants to sow wild oats out of the blue.

We’ve been together a year and we are long distance at the moment. I literally just left his city 5 days ago where I thought we had a beautiful time, he introduced me to the rest of his family. I left thinking how wonderful things are and we are moving in together next year, we had amazing s-x while I was there.

I get a phone call the next day saying he has to tell me something. As much as he loves me and his family loves me, he can’t get s-x with other out of his mind. He looks at a woman and immediately thinks of how she is in bed and he tried to fight this inside himself for a long time. Basically, he wants to sow his wild oats before we move in together and take this to the next level.

I said okay, you do what you want but I’m not sticking around for that. My self respect is non negotiable, if you want to be a hooligan and bed the whole town, do it single.

He got defensive and upset. Said I was selfish for not understanding that he has needs and desires. He was a nerd in high school & college who didn’t date but now he’s very attractive and he wants to test the Water. But says he wants to marry me, I’m his future wife blah blah blah.

I love a good Petra story!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Evil Willow posted:

Boyfriend (M36) told me (F25) that he NEEDS to sow “wild oats”

I love a good Petra story!

im disappointed that this wasn't a "open the relationship then get way less sex than my partner" story AND disappointed that he didn't want to start an oat farm

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yeaaah, that's the stuff :discourse:
I don't understand the mindset of that kind of man. What, exactly, was he expecting to happen? A dollar says he's got the hots for a coworker and this was his pitiful attempt to get 'permission' to get shot down immediately and hilariously sleep with them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you gotta tell people you're gonna sow wild oats then you aren't.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

blatman posted:

im disappointed that this wasn't a "open the relationship then get way less sex than my partner" story AND disappointed that he didn't want to start an oat farm

I really wanted it to be an oat farm.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
what the gently caress are wild oats??? Do you grow oats????

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It's basically a term for "I'm gonna go sleep with a whole lot of women"
E: or men, I would imagine a gay dude who wants to sleep around could also use it.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Apr 16, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

They're like regular oats but they're single.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Boba Pearl posted:

no, they're dried hamster testicles. like raisins and grapes

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Cloacamazing! posted:

"By which I mean, I had a crush on her when she was a schoolgirl and I was in my thirties, because the only way for me to have an actual schoolboy crush on her would be if I was crushing on a toddler."

That's not fair, maybe he had a crush on her when he was 18 and she was 0.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I thought it said a bat farm and I was briefly intrigued.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yeaaah, that's the stuff :discourse:
I don't understand the mindset of that kind of man. What, exactly, was he expecting to happen? A dollar says he's got the hots for a coworker and this was his pitiful attempt to get 'permission' to get shot down immediately and hilariously sleep with them.

He's obviously trying to keep her around as a backup plan, in case he can't find a better woman. So my best guess is, he was hoping she would consider him enough of a catch that she'd think she couldn't get anybody better, so she'd stick around and wait until he was done jizzing in other women sowing his wild oats, and tried to dress it up as him needing to get this out of his system before settling down with her. Which is very stupid, but I get the feeling he is very stupid too, so it fits.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
If a dude told me he was going to "sow his wild oats" I'd hand him a bag of fertilizer and tell him to eat poo poo.

e: You want to open the relationship up? Ok we can talk about that. You want to be the horny version Johnny Appleseed then go get hosed.

e2: Just gross, dehumanizing, and doesn't it kind of imply you're going to just get a bunch of people pregnant and abandon the kids???

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
in crusader kings 3 if your religion doesn't have bastardry, children out of wedlock still get a "wild oat" trait that gives you -1 diplomacy, which i think is dumb

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

"bastardry" is such a good word

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

If a dude told me he was going to "sow his wild oats" I'd hand him a bag of fertilizer and tell him to eat poo poo.

e: You want to open the relationship up? Ok we can talk about that. You want to be the horny version Johnny Appleseed then go get hosed.

e2: Just gross, dehumanizing, and doesn't it kind of imply you're going to just get a bunch of people pregnant and abandon the kids???

Yes, traditionally it is having many children you don't care for

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Moon Monster posted:

That's not fair, maybe he had a crush on her when he was 18 and she was 0.

Literally the finale of Twilight

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

blatman posted:

Anyone have the story where the girlfriend opened the relationship, and the guy (who was bi) managed to pull in a lot more dick than her? That's one of my favourites :allears:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I might, lemme check

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

CommissarMega posted:

Anyone have the story where the girlfriend opened the relationship, and the guy (who was bi) managed to pull in a lot more dick than her? That's one of my favourites :allears:

Having trouble finding it, but I'm pretty sure the bf destroyed her with the line "at least men want to gently caress me" somewhere in there.

Evil Willow posted:

AITA For proposing on a meaningful day for my fiance?

:pervert:
"She didn't seem to understand that I'd be like her new dad"

GI_Clutch posted:

I think I saw at least one thousand pads absorb blue liquid via television commercial before I hit double digits. Obviously the problem is that kids aren't watching enough TV these days. At least, not enough commercials. Hell, they even use red liquid now to get the point across. It felt like every other commercial back in the day was about periods or a diaper commercial with bare baby asses. At least than trend died out.

None of those ads ever (used to) say what the pads were for, though. I know it was pretty common for my male students to think they were for incontinence. Even in the days before adblock and tivo, seeing commercials where the hand model euphemistically pours windex onto a pad doesn't teach you what periods are if the ad never says "period."

therobit posted:

It always baffles me how kids don’t just absorb this stuff from living in a house with a woman and being curious before their old enough to feel embarrassed asking questions about mom’s pads. It seems like it would require a lot of effort to hide it from them but I guess some parents are really committed to it.

Well, there are a lot of chuds out there who forbid women from ever bringing up the subject because they hate women and women's bodies. A lot of kids grew up with their moms getting "sick" about once a month and never bothered to ask any questions about it, or if they did, they weren't answered, same as anything to do with women or women's bodies.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Found it! "At least men want to gently caress me" was the phrase I needed:

My(20m) gf(24f) wanted an open relationship and is now mad at me and wants it closed.

quote:

So, me and my gf started dating roughly a year ago. It's a grey spot as to when we really started dating or I'd give an exact date.

So, three months ago, my gf comes to tell me she'd like to have an open relationship, experiment a little, etc. She's only slept with one guy before me, she wants to know what's out there, yatta yatta. Yeah, I was hurt, I expressed that I wasn't super keen on it, but she insisted. I figured she probably has someone lined up, and it's not like I plan to marry this girl, so whatever. Be free.

I lamented for a few days until my ex messaged me. She wanted to meet up, get some closure, cool beans. We go out, we talk a bit, she just got out of a relationship and I explain I'm apparently in an open one. She gave me a semi-pained look because she (and my gf) are aware of how much I value monogamy. We stayed and talked for a few more hours, I went to her place things almost got intimate and I stopped her until she mentioned it was an open relationship now. I nodded and didn't really not want sex, so we did it.

It really restored my confidence and helped me start to get into the open relationship thing. I'm a bi top so I ended up reinstalling grindr and haven't had a night where I can't find somethibg or someone to do. My gf and I occasionally had sex, and we still spoke to each other and stuff, but I never really mentioned who or how many people I was sleeping with. Afterall, she said this was about freedom, and I feel free as a bird. I still get to experience emotional comfort, affection, etc. With my gf and try new things and meet new people.

About two months ago I stopped feeling so depressed all the time and I started to work out more since one of the guys I've been sleeping with is really into yoga and cardio and asked if I'd like to get into it. I've lost a little over 20lb since and I'm still overweight but I physically feel much better.

Today, my gf shes really happy about the way things are and I couldn't have agreed more. I gave her a kiss and got up to go meet up with a girl my ex introduced me to. She really sweet, cute, overall a very fun person. The only other girl I've slept with since this started was my ex. I learned today I'm into a new kink and left after it was over. I walk into the house and gf is all over me. I start to undress, she start to give me head and stops 3 seconds in and asks me where I'd just been. I explain what happened and she gets up and tells me when need to talk.

I get dressed, sit on the couch with her, and she asks me if I've been sleeping with other people. I was like, yeah no poo poo it's an open relationship. She asked how many and I said I wasn't keeping track. Apparently that's the wrong loving answer because she burst into tears. She's only slept with two other dudes and it was just so she knew what her options were. I explained that she was free to do that and during that time I explored my options as well. She asked how many women I'd slept with. I said 2. She got mad and started screaming at me as to how I could lose count at two. I probably should have shut up right then and there, but instead I said, "Because I'd have to add the dudes in."

She went to the bedroom and cried for a while. About an hour ago she came out and demanded I: close the relationship, never speak to anyone I've been sleeping with again, and never talk about it again or she'd leave me.

????? I genuinely don't understand what she expected. She knew I was bi when we were just friends of friends. Why does it matter who I sleep with? I was genuinely enjoying being free like she told me to and I assumed she was too. It's not like I slept with her friends or anything, it was mostly dudes. And as much as I enjoy her companionship, I like the freedom this entails and I like having someone to work out with. I like learning about what I enjoy sexually. I'm having fun the EXACT way she asked me to. It's not like she wasn't sleeping with those guys frequently, so I don't get why she's upset. Why is what I did not okay?

Update

quote:

So, she came home at 12am to tell me she'd completed her "last hurrah" and was ready to talk. When I asked her what she meant she stated she slept with someone else for the last time and she was willing to call things even. She restated the terms, meaning I'd lose my workout buddy, the sweet girl I met today, my ex who cheered me up, and a few other dudes who I now speak to casually who I've slept with. I said I wasn't sure and I had some questions for her and she was willing to at least talk about things. I asked her if the two men she'd slept with she'd lined up before and she said yes. She admitted she found them more physically attractive than me and that was her motivation for it, that she, "didn't want to live life never knowing what it's like." When I asked her what she meant, she meant sleeping with someone who was fit. I was a little hurt, but I knew she wasn't really "wrong" so to speak. I'm not fit, it's something I'm working on, but I'm a little upset that her motivation had nothing to do with exploration and freedom outside of visuals. That it wasn't the sex but my body. That it wasn't even my personality, but the way I look and how much I weigh. I'd like to take a second and point out I actually weigh less than her overall. I'm 6'2" and 255lb and she's 5'3" 305lb. I've never had an issue with her weight, even the things that we couldn't do as a result didn't bother me.

She admitted she didn't think I could, and I quote, "con anyone into sleeping with you". She went on to say she doesn't understand how someone would want only to sleep with me and not the emotional stuff. I won't lie, I got mad, and I said some mean and vindictive things to hurt her because I felt hurt. I shouldn't have lost my cool and I did. I've posted the mean things she's said, so I don't feel it's right for me not to admit what I said. I told asked her how she managed to get these guys to sleep with her more than once and that lying down like the beached whale she was and gargling on her own spit was far from my ideal sexual partner but I never decided I'd rather gently caress someone else because of it. Apparently it hit too close to home because one of the guys would't talk to her anymore and the other dude told her she needed to be more proactive in bed. She called me a human being and I told at least men want me to gently caress them and she started to crying. We yelled at each other for a while until it turned into me yelling at her while she cried until I left.

I realized how much more hurt I was about the whole open relationship thing and really unloaded on her. A lot of you liked to point out that I didn't plan to marry her, I want to remind you all this was 9 months into a relationship at 20 years old that I said yes. I'm not the brightest, but I don't think normally 20 year old men are planning to marry someone that early on when I don't have any real money or my own house and my car is a beater. I genuinely cared about her and before this I was planning to get an apartment with her. I'd saved up money and took her somewhere nice every month despite not having a lot of money. I'd participated in the relationship in ways I'd never felt compelled to before until she asked for an open relationship. I stayed up the first night alone crying because she didn't come home and she had the dude pick her up from her place while I was over and asked me to watch her place while she was gone. I kept thinking about if she got pregnant with someone else's kid and it tore me up. I didn't even feel like a man anymore. I said the next few days my ex messaged me, but when I look over the text and call logs it was two full weeks of me just going to work, coming home, and going to bed. I was hurt that my ex noticed how broken I was over this and that my girlfriend had bragged about how much fun she'd had her first night. It was a deep visceral pain that I buried with sex and I was so drat mad she had the audacity to be hurt over it. How dare she hurt me like that and then get mad at me for just to regain my confidence and make the best of things. I was furious, and it all spilled out at once.

I'm home, my roommate is home and he's making some cake and tea for us to eat and talk because I'm a mess right now. My workout buddy is coming over and offered to sleep (like, cuddling, not sex) with me tonight because he knows how much I was hurt about this. He's actually pulling in the drive way right now.

I'll try to respond to comments but I don't know how much longer we'll be up.

Tl;Dr We had a nasty breakup and I'm safe and at home with people.

Edit: I get she's my ex and all, but you guys really don't have to insult her weight. It was poor mannered of me to take that jab at her and it's not very kind. Although I don't think being overweight should be glorified (or normalized for that matter), but it's not very nice. Call people out for the things they say and the way they behave, not their appearance.

Edit 2: "he slept with 2 girls and some men from grindr. Obviously he's an incel" I think the word you're looking for is slut. I have low standards for looks and I offer to supply the weed in hookups, I could be 700lb and smell like anchovies and people would show up. Plus I offer to cook food for people and make breakfast for them if they spend the night, like I'm doing rn for workout bro since he has work in a few hours.

Final Edit: I love you all, except for that dude who told me my life will be an eternal hell for my sins and debauchery or something like that. I'm going to take a nap since I woke up to make gymbro food after like 2 hours of sleep. He'll be coming over later today to hang out. I'm much better but still very tired. Muah, be safe and use rubbers!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, I want to hear from the people who think being a bisexual slut makes you an incel.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Newborn, actually.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Apr 16, 2022

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Boba Pearl posted:

Illegitimate children OP

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for the way I(29M) give my SO(32F) gifts

quote:

So here's the thing, I am a very dramatic person. I like a nice build up and over exaggerate things for comedic effect. Yes, I'm that person. No, no one else usually laughs, it's mostly just me. Part of it is that I like surprises and often misdirect people just to turn it around. I often feel like giving my lovely partner presents for no reason because why not. The way I like to do it is to start a small argument or something that would get her riled up a bit only to surprise her with something. For example, recently, she bought a nice dress for herself for a close friends wedding. I knew which dress she was going to buy because she was eyeing it for a week. Of course she had other "options" too but I know this song and dance too well. She will compare a few items that are relatively cheaper, easier to acquire, etc. with the one she wants just for the satisfaction that she considered some "alternatives for practical reasons" but gets what she wants which is completely fine. Since I knew what she was going to buy, I went out and got a matching necklace using the help of a very nice store clerk and a picture of the dress. To give her said necklace, I waited till my SO bought the dress and came in to show me. I started a small argument about the cost which went back and forth for a while until I said, "If you keep buying something expensive like that how will I afford this necklace for you?" Well necklace immediately melted all the tension, she had a huge smile and loved it. I was handsomely rewarded later with a lot of kisses and has been wearing it for weeks. Well recently she was talking to her friend group and sister about how much she loved the necklace and how it was presented to her and my habit of starting arguments just so I can turn it around to give my present. They seem to think it is kind of abusive and while she defended me and all, I can see it is something she's started considering and stopped wearing the necklace for the past week. This has started to make me think and now I want to know AITA for the way I give her presents?

TL;DR: I start small arguments to give my SO spontaneous gifts and her friends think it's abusive and now we both are considering if what I do is abusive or not

Edit: I was asked to put the entire conversation in here for context

So basically the conversation went like this:

Me: How much did the dress cost?

Her: Oh it costed x

Me: Really!! you spent that much? was it necessary for a dress

Her: I understand that but I really liked it and it looks good

Me: Were there no other options?

Her: Well I liked this one the best, it wasn't even that expensive why are you getting upset

Me: If you keep buying something expensive like that how will afford things like this necklace for you? Oh look, it seems to completely match your dress too what a coincidence

Que excited squeals and jumping around

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Found it! "At least men want to gently caress me" was the phrase I needed:

My(20m) gf(24f) wanted an open relationship and is now mad at me and wants it closed.

Update

A loving. King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Piell posted:

AITA for the way I(29M) give my SO(32F) gifts

This guy sucks in a way I'm having trouble articulating.