Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

light mode is the true browsing experience, and has been since the forums' inception

dark mode users are heretics and probably deliberately ddos the forums

the dark pixels are heavier than light pixels, so the intertube jammed:eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

no, jeph is actually paying people to work on the forums now. dude named astral. they post a fair bit.
That's what I was getting at, yes.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I prefer my posting environment to be as jarring and uncomfortable as possible to maximize my alertness and efficiency.
Same

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Debate & Discussion › My plan for cold fusion

Proof Rock posted:

Synthesize a massive diamond geodesic similar to the epcot globe with a hollow core filled with water. It would act like a gigantic parabolic mirror focusing the suns rays into the core. There will be two openings that would be plugged essentially creating a gigantic pressure cooker. It could then be tapped for massive supercritical steam generation. It's technically not cold fusion, but calling it cold fusion sounds sexy. Discuss.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Lol his other post got a month probe and that was the ban shot

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Oh my god:

Proof Rock posted:

I don't understand how the uranium got there in the first place. Are we just supposed to accept that planets were lucky enough to be formed around massive solar deposits of rare radioactive materials?

and about the radiation thing linking micro and macro evolution, I'll defend that to the death.

and:

You guys are the reason why there hasn't been a decent scientist since Einstein. Is there anything any of you have read in a textbook that you don't accept without question? You are all a bunch of academic drones incapable of considering any idea that doesn't match up with what some washed-up blowhard college professor crammed down your throat in some throwaway science class he didn't want to be teaching in the first place. Scientific creativity died in this country the day you idiots took over.

So just keep making your absurdly complex inventions destined to fail because they are nothing more than just a big engineering jerkoff aimed mainly at getting you your next job.

But what the gently caress do I know, I go to art school.
:d:

Proof Rock posted:

I've made my point.

:c:

Heath posted:

Lol his other post got a month probe and that was the ban shot
:c:

Oh my god:

Proof Rock posted:

Anyone want to care to debate me rather than just engage in personal attacks and ruin my thread?

I came here for a discussion and hopefully a better understanding of what I believe is true.
:d:

Proof Rock posted:

I'll invent a bunch of crackpot theories that will point humanity in the right direction and prove that science and religion are just a bunch of useless words used to describe all that is wonderful in the world.

And people will listen to me because deep down everyone kind of wants to be like me.

enjoy your clams cocksuckers.

quote:

Dante posted:

I'm finished up my phd in physics and after doing some calculations I believe the op is correct fyi

I wish I could believe you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Most people rejected his message.

They hated Proof Rock because he told them the truth.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
He's got "Proof" and "Rock" right in the name!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

someone follow up with Prof. Rock and ask how his fusion project is going no don't

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

That's what I was getting at, yes.

but you were saying the opposite of that

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

but you were saying the opposite of that
I'm pretty sure I weren't.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I'm pretty sure I weren't.

Are you two gonna gently caress or what?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Beeswax posted:

Wheeeeeeen your jaws open wide and there's more jaws inside

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lmao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:golfclap:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Stolen tweet valor, in the PYF Tweets thread? It's more likely than you think

https://twitter.com/albzsfc/status/1279553544543186947

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

This is the funny quotes and it was a quote and funny. I stand by my work.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Inceltown posted:

This is the funny quotes and it was a quote and funny. I stand by my work.
It's good work, you've got nothing to be ashamed of.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

big scary monsters posted:

my computer does whatever i tell it to, the problem is i keep telling it to do stupid things

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

light mode is the true browsing experience, and has been since the forums' inception

dark mode users are heretics and probably deliberately ddos the forums

Agreed.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The best thing about the Awful app is that you can use an even darker mode :twisted:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

The best thing about the Awful app is that you can use an even darker mode :twisted:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Captain Hygiene posted:

no, that's too dark

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

If you think you're in dork mode try turning on your monitor.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Give me a brighter mode.
I wamna use SA instead of the flashlight on my phone

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Scarodactyl posted:

If you think you're in dork mode try turning on your monitor.

Whenever I turn my monitor on there's just a bunch of debauchery and anime girls on the screen.

e: turn off your browser.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
12 normal-ish minecraft posts then suddenly
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383735&userid=133514#post392676833

quote:

Thanks to NOW, I now have a glass-block chamber full of about twenty fairies. Since I literally wrote the book on how to torment fairies, I've been performing various experiments on them. But, alas, I have more of them than experiments given Minecraft's limited toolset in that area, so I'm open to suggestions on what to do with the survivors, ahem, remainder.

I can say that they despawn when out-of-sight unless given a headband of flowers, stay spawned if headbanded as long as you stay within the 81-block mob management radius of Minrcraft, and make a lot of very annoying noises when in close proximity. Also, setting the queen on fire and letting her die that way makes it far easier to capture her flock of groupies.

Finally, I found that replacing fairies' pain and death sounds with actual scream sounds makes for a far creepier experience when, say, setting them on fire with a flint and steel. (If anyone wants those I might bundle 'em for download.)

I've head tell that some consider me heartless. Not sure where they get that idea... :D

quote:

Never would've pegged SA as prudish on literature. Oh well.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

bi crimes posted:

SA forums gacha where for $5 a pull, I get a 1/6 chance of an empty quote of my post that I worked hard on that is being ignored

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Most people rejected his message.

They hated Proof Rock because he told them the truth.

Incidentally he could've named himself after Alfred J. Prufrock, the sexually dysfunctional and cucked protagonist of TS Eliot's long-form poem 'The Love Song of Alfred J. Prufrock'. It's a pretty good poem if you're into the Modernist greats.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
he should've been A Pair of Ragged Claws

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:ohdearsass: do you think santa has a pants making GBS threads story :ohdearsass:

ceebee posted:

like "this one time i was delivering presents and i pulled so hard on the reigns i poo poo myself. sliding down the chimney was unbearable and i had poo poo all up my back by the end of the night"

gently caress your Christmas

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

EorayMel posted:

:ohdearsass: do you think santa has a pants making GBS threads story :ohdearsass:

Have we finally found it? The most GBS thread of all time?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

EorayMel posted:

Lol imagine banning this post and thinking you're good at modding.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Incidentally he could've named himself after Alfred J. Prufrock, the sexually dysfunctional and cucked protagonist of TS Eliot's long-form poem 'The Love Song of Alfred J. Prufrock'. It's a pretty good poem if you're into the Modernist greats.

They definitely did. Although I don't think my 11th grade AP English teacher would like your reading of this. See me after class.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

EorayMel posted:

This is an amazing post lmao

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

They definitely did. Although I don't think my 11th grade AP English teacher would like your reading of this. See me after class.

Then maybe your English teacher and my former English literature professor should duke it out instead, this particular interpretation wasn't one I came up with. A poetry deathmatch would be a nice palate cleanser, with all that's going on in the world.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

sebmojo-01.gif is now in a legal document

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'm basically citing myself with every post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009