Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
love my extremely hungry tim tebow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The first time Jonathan wins an individual immunity he’s going to have a target on his back visible from space.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Big Taint posted:

His dad is running for governor of AL, Dean Young.

When he wins he'll make all of Alabama do pull ups and run up and down the mountain.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

survivor seems pretty easy.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

njsykora posted:

The first time Jonathan wins an individual immunity he’s going to have a target on his back visible from space.

yeah he's gonna need a mike holloway run or something but it's not completely out of the question. he's a physical beast on an almost unparalleled level. i wonder if he's *awful* at puzzles or just prefers to let other people do them (or maybe he's secretly a puzzle savant and he's been keeping it in his back pocket all game)

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

First episode we saw him completely whiff on the triangle count, realize he was out of his depth, and gracefully decide to just go build camp while other people solved it. That doesn't mean he'd necessarily be awful at all puzzles, but I don't think it's a confidence area for him.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Studio posted:

Isn't his dad like a super conservative congressperson and isn't he super duper religious - like, goes on missions

He is. Super good buddies with Roy Moore, the literal child rapist who nearly became a US Senator.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

drat it!

I'm going to double down on my sympathy for Jonathan's stories of his upbringing where it sounded like he was getting abused by his dad and hope to god I never see him campaigning with his dad or Trump or something before the season ends and I forget he exists.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Leatherhead posted:

First episode we saw him completely whiff on the triangle count, realize he was out of his depth, and gracefully decide to just go build camp while other people solved it. That doesn't mean he'd necessarily be awful at all puzzles, but I don't think it's a confidence area for him.

That may have been gameplay but I definitely think he's just smart enough to know his strengths and let others on the tribe play to theirs. His social game is genuinely good but it mostly just seems like he's actually a nice guy. He certainly has self control as demonstrated by the great chatterbox montage

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

you and me final 2 we'll stunner these fools. (also having flashbacks to the last wrestlemania and how much fun steve austin was having lmao)

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

Great season so far, love the cast, for me it's a dramatic improvement compared to last season. I even enjoy Tori and hope she manages to some eek her way deeper into the game.

Having said that, I still don't like the hour-glass gimmick. I could also do with fewer sob stories and life-affirming moments, but that ain't happening for a while if ever again.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Tori burner spotted.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

The Bloop posted:

That may have been gameplay but I definitely think he's just smart enough to know his strengths and let others on the tribe play to theirs. His social game is genuinely good but it mostly just seems like he's actually a nice guy. He certainly has self control as demonstrated by the great chatterbox montage

Yeah, as I see it he's probably not quite as well-rounded as Mike Holloway was (or he has stiffer competition anyway), but his much better social position means he might not actually HAVE to have immunity or an idol at every tribal council.

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

Johnathan would have fit in on the last season of Righteous Gemstones.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I get being disappointed about Jonathan maybe being a chud, but, couple things here. For one, Survivor is a very popular show and half of the general public is conservative, so they're going to be keeping that in mind during casting. But also, one of the nice things about this show is we don't see politics coming up, at least not on air. We've had some issues with religion in the past but I don't think that's come up very recently either. Let poor Jonathan exist in the (relatively) innocent reality TV bubble where he belongs.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Is he actually a chud? Like says chud things online?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Let's not forget that we have our own game going here!

Of note:

Rosters are open! You can now freely remove and add in any players you'd like.

Stone Cold's lead is growing and though Studio and myself were at the top of the heap early on, I've dropped to 7th and Studio is sitting tight at 3rd.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

I get being disappointed about Jonathan maybe being a chud, but, couple things here. For one, Survivor is a very popular show and half of the general public is conservative, so they're going to be keeping that in mind during casting. But also, one of the nice things about this show is we don't see politics coming up, at least not on air. We've had some issues with religion in the past but I don't think that's come up very recently either. Let poor Jonathan exist in the (relatively) innocent reality TV bubble where he belongs.

Apparently Sarah Lacina wore a MAGA hat when she got back to Ponderosa after final tribal, which, lol.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Propaganda Machine posted:

Half the voting population is conservative. It's a myth that there is a 50/50 split in the general population.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I’m less bothered by the possibility that he’s “a chud” which covers a wide range of assholes and more the direct association with Roy Moore and that his dad is an active politician.

That being said lots of people think differently than their parents and Jonathan has seemed like a decent guy on the show and his stories of his dad have sounded like borderline abuse to me. So I dunno. I’ll hope he doesn’t show his rear end but won’t be surprised if he does.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

There was that one hilarious season of Big Brother ages ago where everyone sat around saying absolutely heinous racist and sexist poo poo. People were throwing racial slurs left and right, and it culminated with a guy defending Hitler.

Good times.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Narcissus1916 posted:

There was that one hilarious season of Big Brother ages ago where everyone sat around saying absolutely heinous racist and sexist poo poo. People were throwing racial slurs left and right, and it culminated with a guy defending Hitler.

Good times.

Sadly, you're gonna have to be more specific...

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Men v Women. Colton was poison.

I’m hoping Jonathan isn’t chuddy, he seems good. Sarah always felt like a poo poo and it doesn’t surprise me.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Welp, here's Jonathan's audition tape. Check at 0:17 and who he's bodyguarding for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoP1fwnzZHs

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

SweetJahasus posted:

Welp, here's Jonathan's audition tape. Check at 0:17 and who he's bodyguarding for.

Actual pedophile Roy Moore

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
friendship ended with pedo protector, the other survivors should eat johnathon to gain his strength

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Noooooo

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

SweetJahasus posted:

Dang I was hoping to see more people bend over backwards to defend this dude because he’s conventionally attractive (while clowning on Strunk! as a weasley republican) but you just went and put the nail in it :colbert:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I don't know, I'll still stick by Jonathan being awesome at Survivor. And I'm not really sure if taking a bodyguard gig for one of your Dad's friends is really the worst thing either. Even if the person is a giant piece of poo poo, if you need a job and money, it's probably a good gig.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I don't know, I'll still stick by Jonathan being awesome at Survivor. And I'm not really sure if taking a bodyguard gig for one of your Dad's friends is really the worst thing either. Even if the person is a giant piece of poo poo, if you need a job and money, it's probably a good gig.

Yeah, I'm honestly pretty quick to defend anyone who shows up on a show like this. We just don't know their stories until we know them. Like Spencer went ahead and decided to be an actual giant turd, and now he's a turd. But what good does it do to form a negative opinion of a guy on a beach playing a game. That's all he is right now.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

I'll never meet any of these people and I can't influence the game so it's easy to just treat them as imaginary characters on TV. What are the odds Tony V isn't a giant piece of poo poo? Yul Kwon worked for Facebook. Penner wrote The Bye Bye Man.

If there's another second chances poll one of these days I'll pay attention to who deserves it, but in the mean time trying to bend reality towards justice with the fury of my posting seems like a recipe for misery.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Leatherhead posted:

I'll never meet any of these people and I can't influence the game so it's easy to just treat them as imaginary characters on TV. What are the odds Tony V isn't a giant piece of poo poo? Yul Kwon worked for Facebook. Penner wrote The Bye Bye Man.

If there's another second chances poll one of these days I'll pay attention to who deserves it, but in the mean time trying to bend reality towards justice with the fury of my posting seems like a recipe for misery.

I think you're both correct and incorrect. Yes, they are just people on tv and we can't influence the game. Jonathan's politics appear to be horrifying. But I'm not furious or angry talking about it, we just lived through 4 years of the trump administration. I'm drained, I have no rage left. But, it does help inform who I'm rooting for in the current season, and while Jonathan is impressive at physical challenges, I'm not rooting for him.

In part because of his politics, but in part because I find challenge beasts to be boring (even moreso Jeff's adoration of challenge beasts), and I will always root for the underdog. Which a 6'5" 250 pound straight white man from Alabama with close personal connections to the political elite of the state who have come to close to influencing national politics, Jonathan has never been close to an underdog.

I will smile when he is inevitably voted off for being too much of a threat, and I will move on with my life.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Nihonniboku posted:

Jonathan's politics appear to be horrifying
I dont know about that because we haven't seen him make a single political comment on the show or online anywhere that ive seen shared. being a bodyguard is a job.

Yeah, if his dad had him running up a mountain when he was 3 then his dad probably made him a republican too, but until we know that, and until i see him actually being a shithead somewhere, im not going to ruin my own good time hating a guy we see being kind and selfless and good to people on TV.

PS: Rodney from Worlds Apart drinks his own pee and has a pee drinking business where he teaches you the health benefits of chugging your pee

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Fast Luck posted:

PS: Rodney from Worlds Apart drinks his own pee and has a pee drinking business where he teaches you the health benefits of chugging your pee

Ew. Also, if you were to tell me someone from that cast did that without telling me the name, I would definitely have guessed Rodney.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I mean if Jonathan hops on twitter and starts defending literal fascists than yeah, gently caress that guy. But so far he's been a gentle giant, and lovably self-aware. Also man, that bit where he admiringly talks about his Dad likely being an abuser is just... something that'll stick with me.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

How come nobody is talking about Mike being really supportive of Omar's virginity and which one of the posters in this thread / Pet Island is Omar?

Omar: I've been with her 6 years and it's really great I really love her.

Mike: So you're a virgin? That's great! Good for you man. :lmao:

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Yeah I posted the video just as an FYI since the conversation was happening. I still give him the benefit of the doubt though because he's doing big man stand here work for a paycheck, unlike Daniel who is doing it because he believes in it.

Nihonniboku posted:

Ew. Also, if you were to tell me someone from that cast did that without telling me the name, I would definitely have guessed Rodney.

How soon you forget Vince. He probably has been doing this on the side for years.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Max, Vince, and Rodney would all drink their pee in a pee drinking business but with vastly different marketing.

I love World's Apart

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i really don't care who drinks what piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Another Bill posted:

How come nobody is talking about Mike being really supportive of Omar's virginity and which one of the posters in this thread / Pet Island is Omar?

Omar: I've been with her 6 years and it's really great I really love her.

Mike: So you're a virgin? That's great! Good for you man. :lmao:

I don't know, Omar is doing it because he's muslim and for religious purposes. Mike just seems like an all around good guy and just soaking in everyone's life story.