Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

I believe it's called the experimental build, and it's only available on Steam.

I just realized I can use my personal refiner as an extra storage spot in a pinch. Just make sure you don't start it on accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I thought the sentinel patch made it so you could legitimately 'beat' the sentinel waves and they'd deactivate the alert once you blew up enough.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
You can but you have to escalate it all the way to alert 5 and fight the big walker that shows up.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I so regret going to Aptarkaba, because whilst having Weird planets appear a lot is fun, it also means I can never find a nice Flourishing to build a pretty base on.

There’s only so much Aggressive Sentinel Terraforming Catastrophe one guy can take.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Shockeh posted:

I so regret going to Aptarkaba, because whilst having Weird planets appear a lot is fun, it also means I can never find a nice Flourishing to build a pretty base on.

There’s only so much Aggressive Sentinel Terraforming Catastrophe one guy can take.

Good news, you can just continue until you find a galaxy you like more.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Does anyone know a mod that makes the procgen like foundation and that era with the more high color color combinations and hues and poo poo? None I can find have been updated since Synthesis.

E: or hell point me in the direction of a tutorial of editing the procgen myself?

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 15, 2022

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Haven't played this since release and now it's like a different game completely. I found this crazy planet that made me think my GPU was melting down.

Sanzuo fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 15, 2022

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

They lens flare really well in this game.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I smell a screenshot train

Recent shots only!

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I’m gonna start playing today. I have it on OS5 from when I bought it at release and it upgraded, but I’m tempted to play it on PC. Besides the potential to use mods is there any difference?

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

Saxophone posted:

I’m gonna start playing today. I have it on OS5 from when I bought it at release and it upgraded, but I’m tempted to play it on PC. Besides the potential to use mods is there any difference?

Apparently you get attacked every 3 mins with the outlaws update. A fix is in experimental but people are reporting still getting attacked too often. I wanted to start playing again and this has me waiting a bit more to see if they will fix it for a clean start. Gonna keep reading this thread till it looks like they fixed it.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/3271310952924094596/

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Saxophone posted:

It's great on PS5, no mods but runs well and looks great. There's some Dualsense stuff too which is nice. Also there's crossplay with PC and Xbox if multiplayer is your thing.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

AirRaid posted:

I smell a screenshot train

Recent shots only!

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

The latest update psyched whatever big prevented me from accessing my Normandy from before.

Your squad mates can get the sentinels called on you with their stray shots if they blow up cargo containers.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Libluini posted:

Good news, you can just continue until you find a galaxy you like more.

Well, yes, but it always takes effort.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

The pirate attacks happen so often, I'm getting the alert several times inside the Anomaly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
CAPES :stwoon:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Shockeh posted:

Well, I guess you could also go back to galaxy 10, that one is a lush one. I mean, you certainly remembered to mark your portals with teleporters so you can jump back to them, right?

Otherwise, going forward the next couple interesting options are

Ogtialabi (15, harsh)
Isdoraijung (19, lush)

That's not so far if you already made it to 12!

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

The expedition took me around 8 hours to complete. There weren't any drawn out ones like last time.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Hey, just started this with some buddies. Only on the second planet, ready to depart for a space station.

I remember hearing about something to do with rerolling your freighter to get a better one. Is this still a thing and if so is it something I really should be worried about looking up?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
You really don't need to worry that much about it since finding new freighters isn't too uncommon and you can upgrade them now (though it's very expensive)

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

If you don't plan on continuing with that save once the community event is over, which freighter you get is absolutely pointless. You won't be playing on that file long enough to take advantage of any of the higher class freighter benefits.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

CaptainSkinny posted:

If you don't plan on continuing with that save once the community event is over, which freighter you get is absolutely pointless. You won't be playing on that file long enough to take advantage of any of the higher class freighter benefits.

No idea about the community event. Does everything reset when it is done?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

PJOmega posted:

No idea about the community event. Does everything reset when it is done?

It's a seperate save file, nothing resets and you can continue playing the save for however long you want, but the start state for expedition saves tends to be...funky, in some ways (case in point, I don't think I can do any frigate missions for some inexplicable reason). They obviously intend for people to keep playing those saves since they hand out void eggs, quicksilver, and portal glyphs during the expedition, but I'd usually reccommend having a normal non-expedition save as your "main" one lest you end up with unstartable/uncompletable quests, unlearnable recipes, and other similar exciting headaches down the line.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Shockeh posted:

9/10 times, if you go to the anomaly in online mode, there's either going to be one of the "featured" bases or just some people at random that have bases in one of the first couple lush galaxies. Hop through, roll the nearest portal roulette if you don't want to be sociable, and you're good to go

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Started the new expedition but cant claim any of my expedition rewards from previous ones because it says "not earned", any ideas?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

fast cars loose anus posted:

Started the new expedition but cant claim any of my expedition rewards from previous ones because it says "not earned", any ideas?

I claimed the Golden Vector just fine, maybe the save is bugged?

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
We back to hating Sean Murray now? Cuz i really liked those Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies memes

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
...have you always been able to jump your freighter into a galaxy center? Did I just never try doing that before now?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

...have you always been able to jump your freighter into a galaxy center? Did I just never try doing that before now?

...does it still end with all your poo poo broken and you starting alone on a new planet in the new galaxy?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Aster0ids posted:

We back to hating Sean Murray now? Cuz i really liked those Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies memes

I hope not, I could never hate that man.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

All Sean has said, is they are working on a new IP (because they keep being asked) and that they're not willing to talk about it yet due to the overhype around NMS; news on it won't be quick to arrive because it's an ambitious project for their small team. Seems they learned that lesson.

Of course, gaming media has taken this and ran with "NEW MASSIVE PROJECT BY HELLO GAMES IS SO SUPER EPIC ITS A SECRET!!!"

If you're of the mind HG are hyping the game up to the media, hold it as an object lesson that you're reading the wrong media.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Libluini posted:

...does it still end with all your poo poo broken and you starting alone on a new planet in the new galaxy?

yeah it still breaks your currently-equipped multitool, the thrusters of whatever ship is your primary, and drops you on foot on a planet

there'd be some potential for "using an already broken ship and being able to be on foot in your frigate to swap multitools without landing" I guess, I was just moderately surprised the game even let me do that

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The cape with the hood looks super slick, like a Sith lord or something. Too bad other players can't see your cape, and your jet pack clips through it.. and it tends to vanish after certain events but logging back in fixes it at least.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

Khablam posted:

All Sean has said, is they are working on a new IP (because they keep being asked) and that they're not willing to talk about it yet due to the overhype around NMS; news on it won't be quick to arrive because it's an ambitious project for their small team. Seems they learned that lesson.

Of course, gaming media has taken this and ran with "NEW MASSIVE PROJECT BY HELLO GAMES IS SO SUPER EPIC ITS A SECRET!!!"

If you're of the mind HG are hyping the game up to the media, hold it as an object lesson that you're reading the wrong media.

I was referring to the multiple posts of uninstall etc... on steam because they are saying they are forced into combat and losing their chill experience, dont even know how much substance there is to all those claims. Just a joke, i think i watched that animation page with molnieux and Murray among the stars with the fleetwood mac soundtrack 10 times in a row in 2016. Or that jurassic park vid, that launch was meme-rific

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXGUOWMNxqc

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Aster0ids posted:

I was referring to the multiple posts of uninstall etc... on steam because they are saying they are forced into combat and losing their chill experience, dont even know how much substance there is to all those claims. Just a joke, i think i watched that animation page with molnieux and Murray among the stars with the fleetwood mac soundtrack 10 times in a row in 2016. Or that jurassic park vid, that launch was meme-rific

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXGUOWMNxqc

That sounds incredibly dumb. Storms, wild animals, regular pirate attacks in space. NMS all had this for many years now. This new planetary poo poo may send some impressive alerts, but you can safely ignore it.

So I'm forced to conclude that those comments on Steam are real, because people are really that stupid.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Every time I go back to play this game I am reminded that I currently am in a prosperous system farming an S-class freighter. Except the update overwrote my system to be pirate controlled and changed the economy, so now I don't know if I want to farm the freighter more or just bug off and do my 3 hours/5 warps in peace before trying again.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Zodack posted:

Every time I go back to play this game I am reminded that I currently am in a prosperous system farming an S-class freighter. Except the update overwrote my system to be pirate controlled and changed the economy, so now I don't know if I want to farm the freighter more or just bug off and do my 3 hours/5 warps in peace before trying again.

Pff doesn't sound fun, go do something fun instead!

For the twitch drops IIRC I don't actually need to be watching, right? I can just leave the stream on in another tab and mute it? I want that little pointy dog pet thing.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Wait, the game got a free PS5 upgrade and is good now? I guess I’ve been living under a rock for the past two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Ultimate Mango posted:

Wait, the game got a free PS5 upgrade and is good now? I guess I’ve been living under a rock for the past two years.

I mean, it's a lot of fun, I think it's good. People say it's shallow but honestly I get a bit confused about what sort of depth they were expecting. There's lots to do and it's very pretty.