Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
If one or the other doesn't cut the connection first, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Dieting Hippo posted:

Kind of a horrifying thought, would Non-Nuked Ulf feel Nuked Ulf getting hit by the blast, if only for a fraction of a second before he's vaporized/faded out?

By the logic of the comic, yes. Though I suppose the nuclear blast would probably disable the chip before the blast actually hit him, so no

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
It would probably hit faster than the speed at which neural impulses travel.

quote:

Some signals such as those for muscle position, travel at speeds up to 119m/s. Nerve impulses such as pain signals travel slower at 0.61m/s. Touch signals travel at speeds of 76.2m/s.

A lot of things work out that way. If he was just in the fallout zone or something that would be horrifying though. Getting your guts melted and your skin peeling off after a fat lethal dose.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Depends. The initial flash of photons/gammas/neutrons would be travelling at light speed or nearly so, if he was close enough to the epicenter it wouldn't matter, but if he was far enough away he'd have enough time to feel his body catch on fire and burn and melt for a couple seconds before the blastwave (somewhat faster than the speed of sound) blew him apart. From the panels though it looks like he was pretty close and the time between was probably negligible, also left Ulf doesn't react with pain.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean we also saw an Ulf take a shotgun blast to the face which admittedly made his transdimensional link scream, but I'm pretty sure that was just in shock and horror, there'd have been some recoil or subsequent comment if he actually felt the shot itself. Also the descriptions of the Ulfs getting bombed previously, "there was a bright light and then nothing," no mention of pain being transferred.

the chip don't transmit fatal injuries, either by design or as a consequence of the injuries also terminating its function

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ten Earth Shattering Blows

You might have thought the catapult captain wasn't as enthusiastic as the Don's other followers, seeing as he's so understated. But no. That guy fuckin loves his job too.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean we also saw an Ulf take a shotgun blast to the face which admittedly made his transdimensional link scream, but I'm pretty sure that was just in shock and horror, there'd have been some recoil or subsequent comment if he actually felt the shot itself. Also the descriptions of the Ulfs getting bombed previously, "there was a bright light and then nothing," no mention of pain being transferred.

the chip don't transmit fatal injuries, either by design or as a consequence of the injuries also terminating its function

Pretty sure we can rule out design.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Ranking of Kings

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ahoy there thread. I decided to apply the comic remix grid thing to various Australian bird species and, you know, thought you might be interested in the results. Preliminary findings: wagtail livery looks great on everything; galah-coloured wagtails would be adorable; and I'm pretty sure the ibis-coloured galah asked me for five bucks in Sydney Central Station once. (Say no to neck tattoos.)

Tree Bucket has a new favorite as of 08:01 on Apr 16, 2022

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

no superb fairy wren or king parrot?? you're fired

(those are awesome)

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I took the advice about watching Ranking of Kings before reading, but that just means it's been inserted halfway down my always-growing to-watch movie/show/etc list (I add things to it way more often than I actually watch anything). Doing my best to not read discussion of it in this thread because it sounds like Impressions Changing is a big part of the fun. Looks neat, though.

Tree Bucket posted:

Ahoy there thread. I decided to apply the comic remix grid thing to various Australian bird species and, you know, thought you might be interested in the results. Preliminary findings: wagtail livery looks great on everything; galah-coloured wagtails would be adorable; and I'm pretty sure the ibis-coloured galah asked me for five bucks in Sydney Central Station once. (Say no to neck tattoos.)

Fuckin rad.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm partial to the lorikeet-coloured ibis myself. That looks like a bird that knows how to party.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

If you love your job, you never work a day in your life :allears:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm partial to the lorikeet-coloured ibis myself. That looks like a bird that knows how to party.

It is the most fabulous of all birds.

Perestroika posted:

If you love your job, you never work a day in your life :allears:

Such radiant contentment, such joy.....

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It certainly shows how the Lord of the Well managed to recruit such a large force. With morale that high, I'd sign up too!

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Tree Bucket posted:

Such radiant contentment, such joy.....

He didn't start smiling until they said he could hit his own men.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
New Adventures of the Duck Avenger

li'l look at the operations of the time police here

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Mr. Sunshine posted:

He didn't start smiling until they said he could hit his own men.

You don't have to be a psychopath to work here but it helps!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Of course the time police's HQ is outside of time!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
One think I'm only learning now is that the original name of the space is Time ∅ (the mathematical symbol for an empty set), which makes enough sense, because the symbol is based on the Scandinavian letter Ø which is also the word for "island," so it was localized here as the Island of Time, which also makes sense.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
References to 'humanity' are always funny in these things, all the more because it's consistent across mediums, whether in comics, cartoons or movies. (Besides maybe Who Framed Roger Rabbit)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Transdimensional Brain Chip

58. Seven of us

59. New Mahlberg

60. HEY!

Body count: 12
+ seven Ulfs (died in nuclear wars)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
In awe at the effort it would have taken to draw that house in MS Paint

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
oh my god, there's no repeating color patterns on the bricks.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

By popular demand posted:

You don't have to be a psychopath to work here but it helps!

"You don't have to be enlisted, but it doesn't help."

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

No one can deny that at the very least Lalli is drat good at his job

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
PYF Comic: scritch scratch?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kit Walker posted:

No one can deny that at the very least Lalli is drat good at his job
Lalli being drat good at his job is interesting because (massive spoilers) lol lol lol lol lol lol lol no he is not lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Splicer has a new favorite as of 15:17 on Apr 16, 2022

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Splicer posted:

Lalli being drat good at his job is interesting because (massive spoilers) lol lol lol lol lol lol lol no he is not lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Cite sources

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Marie and the Adventurer's League - 16.04 - Falling

:siren: By the way, this comic makes the 120th page, and the 1 year anniversary is going to be in 2 weeks, This means I've been doing on average a page every 2.9 days, for 1 year. :siren:

Thanks for a year of this bullshit.

Marie and the Adventurer's League - 16.05 - Anime Coughing Sickness

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Apparently this makes more sense if you understand how Hungarians celebrate Easter.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I thought that decorating eggs is a universal easter tradition? Though you may be referring to the soda siphon.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible
LOW-G MAN RELIES ON HIS MOONROCK
August 7, 2004

This one I really, really like

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I had Low G Man on the NES as a kid. I've never seen anyone mention it since, so this is kinda surreal.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

By popular demand posted:

I thought that decorating eggs is a universal easter tradition? Though you may be referring to the soda siphon.

Just conferenced with a Hungarian friend.

So apparently the ladies paint the eggs red and then the men roam house to house and "water" the women, and get red eggs in return. It's rooted as an old fertility ritual, which tracks. Apparently these days it's more popular to use perfume. Boys will do it too, and read a short poem, and get an egg in exchange. Sounds kind-of sweet in a vaguely pastoral way.

So the joke in this is:

1. Juicka is getting watered while painting the eggs
2. The guy is ambushing her
3. The guy is using soda water and hitting her backside

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Hempuli posted:

A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible
LOW-G MAN RELIES ON HIS MOONROCK
August 7, 2004

This one I really, really like

agreed, there's an effortless cheer to it I appreciate

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Apocalypse Johto Part 2: Silver Tongue
Chapter 18: To Protect The World

And wouldn't you know it, I gave the first page here the rage comic treatment too:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i don't know what the hell is happening in that pokemon comic but i like when it gets back to nuzlocke roots and introduces some random level 20 pokemon named "ChubbyJoe" who gets murdered immediately