Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Bilirubin posted:

Covid, day 11: still niggling cough, will no doubt take time until I will be able to resume my normal exercise routine. About to take another RAT: place your bets folks, place your bets. Smart money is on positive at 3 to 2.

I don't remember who it was, but I believe someone in the fitness thread took a month off from their routine after getting over covid. Hope your test is negative.

edit: found the post

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

It took me almost a month exactly from when I started feeling sick until I got to a point where I felt like I could put in a decent week. I dropped my weights down around 20% and that ended up feeling pretty good. This week I'm back up to about where I was and don't feel any worse off. Unless covid has swiss cheesed my brain and I can't tell the difference anymore.

Greg Legg has issued a correction as of 18:42 on Apr 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
lol that capitalism gave COVID an optimized development pipeline of unvax -> vax -> vax + mAB populations with increasing selectivity and then just said "Ok that looks good, now everyone go get it!"

I have to admit, capitalism does get results

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I was at targets fan aisle today thinking of new CR cube designs since some of the fans don’t need shrouds . there was one you can wall mount that is probably quieter than a box fan.

I did get my mini filters in so time to build the mini one.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Who wants to see what COVID Hospitalizations looked like at the low point right before Delta hit vs now?

https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1515378548504150020?s=20&t=tK73BAcppsGb3w-7TQjY2A

Also - Admissions Trends
https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1515386309161807873?s=20&t=tK73BAcppsGb3w-7TQjY2A

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

two-time fee posted:

Oh, looks like I finally caught up. Last 50 pages been hitting rock bottom as far as will to power itt is concerned, and I much feel the same.

Not much to report from my anecdotes other than the expected :

Still only got COVID the one time due to npi fatigued spouse.
Both children, under pressure of the gaslighting society and their mum are over COVID. They keep falling ill (Stomach bugs ! Allergies !) , all 3 now resistant to testing and I just insulate myself from them because I know if I push things to a head with their co-responsable parent, I will be forced to sever fully leaving them in financial destitution on the longer term even if I walk away from all the law would entitle me to...(I'm the weirdo that slept in the tent through their Omi bout in depth of winter to try and not infect my children, for context)
I've given up trying to help people out with relevant info on the workfloor, and have taken to openly insulting the executives for the last month or two, but some offers for wfh positions are already in so w/e.
Need to lay off the hooch since I've been overdoing it, even by my standards.

Not great not terrible !
I guess I'm gonna need some therapy and I'll be fine.

Sorry that your family isn't on the same page, it really sounds like the ultimate nightmare. I have no idea what I'll ever do if my wife breaks. Good job on openly insulting the executives, I daydream about doing this all the time even though I'm unemployed now.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Someone in my apartment building was having a huge party. When I was coming back in with my groceries to make tacos, I heard a guy between coughs saying he was upset that the party was spread all over the building.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Greg Legg posted:

I don't remember who it was, but I believe someone in the fitness thread took a month off from their routine after getting over covid. Hope your test is negative.

edit: found the post

Thanks, time for the 15 minute wait.

I am at least getting good at swabbing, but each time I swab my cheeks I regret not going to the dentist when we were at like our all time low levels. I'm starting to fear I'll turn into another buddykins

Not drinking in nearly two weeks does slowly lower weight despite ack of exercise so, silver linings?

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Insanite posted:

yeah, i've been getting desperate and thinking about this, but, uh, not sure how to avoid giving my kid covid if i'm traveling from a northeastern airport to germany without liquidating my 401k to charter a private jet.

lol we are a horrible society of idiot babies.

Private jet is probably $160,000 round trip NY to Berlin. I’d pay $5000 in a heartbeat. Let’s get 20-40 people together. And why not Havana?

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1515377596992737285
:amen:

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

goddamn, what is happening in galveston county?? the weekly report is way off lol

https://twitter.com/GCHDinfo/status/1515016758456983561?t=6nF4vNQAgwkhrYM8k_BMCA&s=19

https://twitter.com/GCHDinfo/status/1512478477823344641?t=oSiyiQ5ypUETu8SWuw55RQ&s=19

call_of_qthulhu has issued a correction as of 19:05 on Apr 16, 2022

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i saw some post by a rando last week which was basically: I realize my life will be shorter and worse because of repeated COVID infections, so I'm prioritizing going out and having new experiences with the time I now have

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

tourists

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Atrocious Joe posted:

i saw some post by a rando last week which was basically: I realize my life will be shorter and worse because of repeated COVID infections, so I'm prioritizing going out and having new experiences with the time I now have

Repeat for all aspects of society and you have America

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

fosborb posted:

tourists

I'd say "lol in Galveston?" but it was where we'd go to see the beach because Corpus Christi was too far :negative: it was me, I am the tourist

bout to help our good buddy move, time to trust our respirators once more. this, to me, is the good kind of risk. I'd be so pissed at myself if I caught it again by like, idk seeing a spoderman or something

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Someone we know who lectures everyone about COVID safety on Instagram every night just (safely) flew to Las Vegas to (safely) see BTS.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

*Patient voice* yes.... As... *Coughs* As a treat...

lmfao

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

fosborb posted:

tourists

maybe? spring break here is the 2nd or 3rd week of march. maybe it's the people going to the cruise ship port

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

fosborb posted:

hahaha I read that Wen parody tweet before realizing exactly how close it is to the real thing

https://twitter.com/DrLeanaWen/status/1514997211314147346?t=AelkWv01WAdHy46yZ2PB3g&s=19

loving insane

the thing that kills me is that if the flu spread like Covid, 10 million people would be dead
so lol, sure, just the flu

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

salient posted:

911 call for possible symptomatic CO exposure. fire dept confirms PPM where my patient was working for a few days is higher than the OSHA standard. the SpCO alarm starts going off when the probe touches my patient's finger. i transport to the closest ED. ED doc walks into my patient's room without a mask on and proceeds to give me a condescending lecture about how i should be "screening for a cold or COVID and not jumping to conclusions" before he examines my patient. he performs the patient exam without a mask on. doc repeatedly asks my patient if he has "a little COVID" while the SpCO on the telemetry blinks. i'm losing my mind

What's an SpCO alarm? like how does it work I mean.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
everyone is just loving stupid

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

carbon monoxide alarm

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

it binds to the red blood cells like oxygen does and displaces them so you die, and you don't even know you are dying

here: https://www.masimo.com/technology/co-oximetry/spco/

Pohl has issued a correction as of 20:00 on Apr 16, 2022

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Pohl posted:

the thing that kills me is that if the flu spread like Covid, 10 million people would be dead
so lol, sure, just the flu

also, 40% of people who died in January were vaccinated, but sure let's just pretend everyone is either invincible or deserves it

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

fosborb posted:

also, 40% of people who died in January were vaccinated, but sure let's just pretend everyone is either invincible or deserves it

I'm so out of sorts today just loving mad mad mad and having a normal one
lmao

my aunt wants to come visit and she was mad that she would have to wear a mask but she has Ivermectin on hand. I guess she skipped the part about NOT catching the loving disease. I'm so tired.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
over the past ~14 days i had a sore throat that moved around and then dived deep into my chest and gave me the worst coughing "lungs full of fiberglass" destroy my voice resting heart rate up 20+ bpm overnight. also had 10 negative pcr tests during that time. last night, my girlfriend, who has the same thing and also a slew of negative pcr tests, couldn't catch her breath from coughing.

i have an oximeter and it doesn't look like we ever dropped below 96 but boy, either this is the world's worst hellcold or there's a pcr-evading strain in boston

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Someone we know who lectures everyone about COVID safety on Instagram every night just (safely) flew to Las Vegas to (safely) see BTS.

it's fine I'm 100% certain this person will be wearing their 3M 7502 with P100 filters the entire time, no problem

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

fosborb posted:

there is either going to be an escape variant that kills everyone or that loving bird flu is going to get into humans and learn to do human to human transmission. And since we have decided that nothing can be done, everyone is going to die. This year is going to be loving amazing.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Petey posted:

over the past ~14 days i had a sore throat that moved around and then dived deep into my chest and gave me the worst coughing "lungs full of fiberglass" destroy my voice resting heart rate up 20+ bpm overnight. also had 10 negative pcr tests during that time. last night, my girlfriend, who has the same thing and also a slew of negative pcr tests, couldn't catch her breath from coughing.

i have an oximeter and it doesn't look like we ever dropped below 96 but boy, either this is the world's worst hellcold or there's a pcr-evading strain in boston

Did you try the iHealth lateral flow tests out of interest?

If you both had it that bad but no loss of smell or taste it could legitimately have been a nasty cold.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Nocturtle posted:

If you both had it that bad but no loss of smell or taste it could legitimately have been a nasty cold.
Out of curiosity, are those particularly good lateral flow tests? I got both BinaxNOW and iHealth tests when I ordered the free government ones.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Negative! Finally thank christ

We are still taking precautions and I am still remaining in isolation until I pop a second neg but hopeful I can go get the dog after Easter

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
it's really stupid I didn't realize this ages ago, but rapid tests can be purchased with HSA funds if you've burnt through the government tests (and also have an HSA through work). Amazon even has a special HSA payment option you can use

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

salient posted:

911 call for possible symptomatic CO exposure. fire dept confirms PPM where my patient was working for a few days is higher than the OSHA standard. the SpCO alarm starts going off when the probe touches my patient's finger. i transport to the closest ED. ED doc walks into my patient's room without a mask on and proceeds to give me a condescending lecture about how i should be "screening for a cold or COVID and not jumping to conclusions" before he examines my patient. he performs the patient exam without a mask on. doc repeatedly asks my patient if he has "a little COVID" while the SpCO on the telemetry blinks. i'm losing my mind

I’m imaging the ED doc moments before being called in sucking on an exhaust pipe.

Atrocious Joe posted:

I want to know what “new experiences” this person is prioritizing that are both worth getting covid and impossible to wear a mask for?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I want to know what “new experiences” this person is prioritizing that are both worth getting covid and impossible to wear a mask for?
Eating at the Applebee’s in New Orleans instead of just the Applebee’s in Baton Rouge

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

MLK Ultra posted:

partner upon returning from the grocery store:
"i saw someone cough on the hot bar, the person after them laughed and then they got stuff from the thing that was coughed on. it was arguably more horrifying than that time we went to the lovely hot pot place and someone had raw chicken on their plate next to desert cake.".
:chanpop:

Petey posted:

With how gross people are I feel like there’s a lot of possibilities for infection.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Nocturtle posted:

yeah, rapid tests (throat swabbed) were also negative, and no loss of smell/taste. what's interesting is that you see a pattern around My University Employer's dorms where student have these bad cold symptoms for several days and then only pop PCR positive a few days in. so i'm wondering if one of the things that is happening there is coinfections with a bad cold and presymptomatic covid.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Zugzwang posted:

Eating at the Applebee’s in New Orleans instead of just the Applebee’s in Baton Rouge

Gotta get my mouth spit in by a stranger in front of every state welcome sign

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zugzwang posted:

it makes me sad to think that people would visit new orleans and eat at loving applebee's but they absolutely would and do

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

"We're all covid free, you can take the masks off if you wanna!"
"I'm good"
"So let's start with the shelves..."

boom, easy peasy. Thank you again Trixie :buddy:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
brother in law had to convince his PCP to give him a PCR. "it's almost certainly the flu. that's what's going around right now"

COVID positive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Petey posted:

yeah, rapid tests (throat swabbed) were also negative, and no loss of smell/taste. what's interesting is that you see a pattern around My University Employer's dorms where student have these bad cold symptoms for several days and then only pop PCR positive a few days in. so i'm wondering if one of the things that is happening there is coinfections with a bad cold and presymptomatic covid.

Don't worry I bet they will announce a new generation of rapid tests any day now, and the variant specific boosters should be ready in a week or two I would guess.