Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

There’s also a second bug where it states there were no entries into a particular lotto when there was.

There’s a post on the JPN Loadstone rn stating they’re looking into everything ASAP. Hopefully they’ll have some English language explainations soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I admit I'm mostly laughing because I already have a house and so wasn't affected, but I do think this is a perfectly Ishgardian way to gently caress up housing. I don't think I could deliberately write a more fitting way for people to get screwed out of houses in Ishgard.

"The winner was... a ticket issued before the public draw! Oh dear, I guess the peasantry don't get a house, oh well!"

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
I give Crystalline Conflict a solid -15 out of 10. 0 out of 10 for having any form of stun. More points lost for potions being bad, both in picking up them up being wonky and being unable to deny them if you're full health. Job design like it was done by a certain Riot designer. Multiple times I have had my LB do literally zero damage right on top of someone after I waited for their guard to drop.

Edit: Also thanks to there being 1.234x1035 forms of crowd control in PvP, Purify shows why their base design of abilities is bad. Resilience might as well not even exist for how often I get hit with CC that still takes effect because of the delay between removing CC and gaining resilience.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 16, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Warmachine posted:

I find it irritating because my enjoyment comes from mastering the mechanics of the fight, but I find myself spending a lot of time 'head down' making sure I'm about to hit the right button in my rotation instead of paying attention to the boss. It feels artificial--like you're trying to count in sequence while someone yells random numbers at you.

I'll probably spend time tomorrow trying to reorganize my UI and hotbars, along with hitting target dummies to see if I can't figure out something more intuitive.

Your rotation and doing it better and finding where to use buffs and greed for damage is half of the mechanics in every single fight in the game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Cleretic posted:

I admit I'm mostly laughing because I already have a house

Funny stuff!

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

yeah it is

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cleretic posted:

I was told to play healers because they're helpful, and I assumed that meant they'd heal.

Not only are you right and they're basically budget DPS with some incidental healing, but it is horribly awkward to try to use any heal that isn't WHM's Cure III.

They don't heal primarily. They CC and support skills.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It matches the PvE healing experience of doing DPS and occasionally reluctantly casting a heal if it isn't too much trouble

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Qwertycoatl posted:

It matches the PvE healing experience of doing DPS and occasionally reluctantly casting a heal if it isn't too much trouble

It's mostly about providing enough EHP for someone to get out their own Recuperate/Guard than it is about keeping them alive through sheer throughput. Cure II ain't much, but it can be the margin between life and death, which is the design they're aiming for.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vermain posted:

It's mostly about providing enough EHP for someone to get out their own Recuperate/Guard than it is about keeping them alive through sheer throughput. Cure II ain't much, but it can be the margin between life and death, which is the design they're aiming for.

Yeah, it's emergency, not sustain

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
CC really needs a more obvious way to tell which team is which mid-match. like the "Your Team" and "Enemy Team" titles really should just be Astra and Umbra.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

this is the final fantasy 11 patch
-alzadaal undersea ruins
-citadel buster
-duelist chapeau
-number error causes huge issue

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
https://twitter.com/FFXIV_NEWS_EN/status/1515372947439239169

Not much here yet other than to say they're aware and responding.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I, as expected, remain houseless.

So when do the houses abandoned for Ishgard open up for purchase? I've found one but it says it's unavailable for purchase.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Four days i think.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hellioning posted:

I, as expected, remain houseless.

So when do the houses abandoned for Ishgard open up for purchase? I've found one but it says it's unavailable for purchase.

Thursday I believe

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The next lottery could be interesting as I imagine some people with private houses will have moved from what are now FC-only wards, reducing the overall stock of personal housing. I know they've said purchase methods "may vary in the future" but I would assume it's going to be the bid-claim cycle for at least this entire patch.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Lost the lottery on a private large. I already own a large in Shirogane so it's not the end of the world, but I am a Saint of the Firmament so this was my ultimate goal and now it's dead, ah well.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Lost on a medium and I don't have a house. Already scouted some abandoned lots in Goblet and Shirogane for the next round, but I figure if I don't win that one I'll just chill until they add more plots.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
On leviathan there were about 500 bids across the 36 larges this week. Looking forward to next week to see all those bids consolidated onto a couple.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

CJ posted:

Four days i think.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Thursday I believe

Thank you it's at least one of those.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Ended up doing the new Praetorium. Very different from the original and way shorter aswell. Like at least half (alongside two whole fights) of the cutscenes are removed, including the reunion with Maggie which surprised me because I thought they would keep that in.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

AngusPodgorny posted:

From what I've heard, some final bids won, which seems likely as an ex-programmer because the mistake is more subtle. My pseudo-code guess is ...

what they should have done: integer(random(#entrants))+1
what they probably did: integer(random(#entrants+1))
how to get the final bid never winning: integer(random(#entrants))

That game developers dealing with random numbers constantly would make a basic mistake like that is baffling, and that they never caught something so replicable in testing is even more baffling.

The two hardest problems in computer programming:
1) naming things
2) cache invalidation
3) off-by-one errors

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Me going against the final boss of 6.0: "We will never yield to despair! We will keep getting up again no matter how many times you knock us down! /determined, bitch!"

Me going against the housing lottery: "Actually, is that consensual extinction offer still on the table?"

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Pyro Jack posted:

...including the reunion with Maggie which surprised me because I thought they would keep that in.

Noooooo!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You still do the reunion, it's just not a cutscene

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

ImpAtom posted:

You still do the reunion, it's just not a cutscene

Oh thank Byregot's tree trunk thighs

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

So, I feel like something in my brain is broken, I literally cannot puzzle out what macrocosmos says it does. What does "storing" damage mean, does it hit me then go into the stored damage bank, or is Macrocosmos a 50% damage reduction while its up?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A Moose posted:

So, I feel like something in my brain is broken, I literally cannot puzzle out what macrocosmos says it does. What does "storing" damage mean, does it hit me then go into the stored damage bank, or is Macrocosmos a 50% damage reduction while its up?

The former. You take damage, that damage is measured, and then when you activate it is based off that damage.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

HackensackBackpack posted:

The next lottery could be interesting as I imagine some people with private houses will have moved from what are now FC-only wards, reducing the overall stock of personal housing. I know they've said purchase methods "may vary in the future" but I would assume it's going to be the bid-claim cycle for at least this entire patch.

Yeah, there's seven plots in my ward that opened up, but they were all individuals in a ward that's now a FC-only ward.

We'll see what happens on Tuesday I guess.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

The two hardest problems in computer programming:
1) naming things
2) cache invalidation
3) off-by-one errors

i blame whatever demented mathematician decided collection indices and collection counts shouldn't be aligned

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

he waved at me!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Welp I got my FC a house in the Empyreum. Just a small but we're hype as hell.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
a friend mentioned this and now im sad it didnt happen, but they should have used the PvP rework to add BLU to pvp. enough of the nu-pvp kits are wacky enough that you could 100% figure out a way to make some of the more iconic BLU spells into a functioning small toolkit.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Countblanc posted:

a friend mentioned this and now im sad it didnt happen, but they should have used the PvP rework to add BLU to pvp. enough of the nu-pvp kits are wacky enough that you could 100% figure out a way to make some of the more iconic BLU spells into a functioning small toolkit.

Each field has unique creeps that a BLU has to defeat to unlock an arena-specific special move.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They're still figuring out what went wrong, but there's an update from YoshiP.

quote:

As we investigate and address the issue, we will be extending the result announcement period which was previously set to end on Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 7:59 a.m. (PDT).

* We will not enter into the next lottery cycle until the investigation is complete and the situation is addressed.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

this is God's retribution for making horny plates during holy week

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Using Dancer LB to nuke the entire enemy team with a volcano explosion is pretty cool. (we still lost the match)

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Is there a good resource/community forum/spot to find a Role-playing group? I'm on Primal/Hyperion if it matters. I don't want to fully move servers but I'm hoping cross-server stuff would allow it if there's a popular server would allow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Vitamean posted:

this is God's retribution for making horny plates during holy week
attack and dethrone god with horny plates?

I mean, I didn't want to make one, but...