Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Captain Invictus posted:

pat mentioned the defunctland video before woolie retook control of the conversation, and I have to recommend that one as well. defunctland is one of the best channels on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flkW-ceNvck&hd=1

Thanks, just watched this and it's also very good, covers a few things that weren't in the documentary too. The big thing it's lacking in comparison is interviews from previous guests and staff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the humbaba fight: never getting off mr woolz wild ride :negative:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Imagine hitting an enemy. Imagine punching them and reducing their health to 0 and believing that makes you the victor. What foolishness.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Surely he can't be doing that badly.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I swear to god Woolie gets in his most insane explicitly on the games I want to play and thus don't watch

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Got a question for his Elden Ring playthrough. Does he ever realize that his runes get taken while in Stormveil Castle?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

theCalamity posted:

Got a question for his Elden Ring playthrough. Does he ever realize that his runes get taken while in Stormveil Castle?
I don't think he did. But he killed gostoc anyways cause he wanted access to his shop again.

TBH I didn't notice that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dabir posted:

Yeah, I'm joking about Snailborne. Here's what really happened.

Perfect Potato posted:

oh my god woolie fighting humbaba is just comical. Threatening to reset after wasting half of Terra's trance, then the reflect/runic/x-potion juggling when runic wasn't even necessary anymore

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Marin Karin posted:

Caught Woolie's Elden Ring stream for the first time. He found a chest, stood in front of it with his shield up discussing if it was safe, checked the bloodstains and examined why they died, walked around the corners to see if any enemies were coming, then opened the chest. Did he loot it? No, no. He walked around the corners again with his shield up, waiting for any enemies to appear. After a few moments, he looted it.

Shortly after, when he defeated a boss in the dungeon, he recorded a replay and watched it multiple times to dissect why he healed when he drank from his flask.

Snailborne never die.

YouTube just got to this, he was confused because he mashed the button and double sipped. Still nuts though.

Worse in my opinion was when he found some armor he liked that wasn't the loving barbarian starter set but then switched back. I know doing poo poo for aesthetics is basically his Achilles heel, but I kinda wonder if he remembers it's a starter set and that's why the numbers on new poo poo almost always look better. I guess it doesn't matter too much, at least he's not still ignoring vigor.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Woolie has many Achilles heels. He's basically an Achilles spider.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Armor basically doesn't matter at all in Elden Ring so that's a non-problem.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Woolie and Pat always fixate on the granular differences in outfit defenses in the Soulsborne games. Like even during the Bloodborne playthrough they only changed when something looked so rad to them that they could ignore the defense changes, but even then they'd agonize over incremental differences before deciding to deal with it.

And they also kept selling all the armors they weren't using, leading to them selling the #iconic Bloodborne hunter set lol.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Armor basically doesn't matter at all in Elden Ring so that's a non-problem.

Yeah, everything hits so goddamn hard that it almost doesn't matter if you're wearing rags or the heaviest set in the game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Imagine considering considering anything but fashion when looking at armor in in a souls game

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I am not really familiar with their early content, but Talking Simpsons introduced me to Matt and I very much enjoy his poo poo. Matt good.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
It's almost perfect that the first great jar servant Woolie summoned instantly moonveil'd him

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Foolishness, Woolsworth. Foolishness.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Lol at Woolie being demoralized as he beat the Godskin apostle with the Moonveil. I mean, he's been pumping points into INT, of course the Moonveil is going to pack a punch.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Didn't Woolie say he dropped the Moonveil on last week's podcast?

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Yes, but in the most recent stream, he had to relied on it to get past the Knights of Jars and the Godskin Apostle. The Caestus wasn't quite cutting it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dabir posted:

Context just dropped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ox2tn4VpvE&t=579s

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Holy poo poo he gets so pissy about Trance AP. Holy poo poo he's into world 2 and Reggie hasn't explained how Runic works. Oh my god.

"Thousand Needles is 1000 Almighty, but does Almighty imply neither physical nor magic or is this Almighty magical?"
"...Where did you get Almighty from?"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He went through all that time thinking about the reflect ring then instantly tried to cast cure on the character with reflect on them

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
his brain is hardwired for fighting games. switching to rpgs is a time-intensive process.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
woolie is so goddamn weird

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Gonna be real funny when Woolie adds Umaru to his party because he's a yeti dude before he finds out he sucks poo poo because you can't control him.

(He might have met him but I only see his content on youtube)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Good Listener posted:

I am not really familiar with their early content, but Talking Simpsons introduced me to Matt and I very much enjoy his poo poo. Matt good.

I enjoy Matt, and also Pat and Woolie and occasionally even Liam

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Improbable Lobster posted:

and occasionally even Liam
I've more or less forgotten by now why he was appealing in the first place.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
liam was the ringo of the sbfp

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Grouchio posted:

he was funny.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Grouchio posted:

turn on your monitor

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Without fail, "x was never good" will always emerge

soupy.
Jun 2, 2019

beep by grandpa posted:

Without fail, "x was never good" will always emerge

People have hated Liam for almost a decade now.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Liam is a land of contrasts

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
liam devils advocating for creepy 5/10 vita games was either funny or lovely depending on my mood

soupy.
Jun 2, 2019

This topic and even my point has probably been said in this thread 100 times, buttfuck it.

I liked LP Liam, but Podcast Liam was the member who would annoy me both the most and the worst. He was very knowledgeable and very funny out of nowhere and he seemed like a genuinely pure person. In hindsight, overall he was probably my favorite member?? But I 100% can see why people didn't like him at all on the podcast. Hell a lot times I didn't either much really. Either way I hope he's out there somewhere now happy and kicking life's rear end.

E: I'm not gonna speculate on Pat and Liam's friendship (which I know nothing about to begin with), but it didn't help that Pat was the polar opposite of Liam's voice on the podcast. All of the times Liam backed himself into a corner and sounded like he was going to cry were probably because of Pat lol.

soupy. fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 21, 2022

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

soupy. posted:

E: I'm not gonna speculate on Pat and Liam's friendship (which I know nothing about to begin with), but it didn't help that Pat was the polar opposite of Liam's voice on the podcast. All of the times Liam backed himself into a corner and sounded like he was going to cry was probably because of Pat lol.

it was made on record post-channel that they were def not friends/left on bad terms with liams departure

soupy.
Jun 2, 2019

beep by grandpa posted:

it was made on record post-channel that they were def not friends/left on bad terms with liams departure

I actually didn't know that. It's not surprising in the slightest.

Also Liam was pretty young back when the podcast started, right? He was like 21 or something? Sorry if this has been done a million times hahah, but I haven't thought about this stuff in so long that it's fun to think about all this time later. Pat really was Liam's kryptonite though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Farg posted:

liam devils advocating for creepy 5/10 vita games was either funny or lovely depending on my mood

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

(oh my god please no one take this as a wish or anything weird, just an observation) Funnily enough if they met now they'd prob be able to be friends just fine- pat's mellowed out a lot with paige, gief etc and liam's def matured and is no longer an insufferable 21y/o contrarian like we all once were